Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

Fear

3. Other drivers. I love driving. I'm in control. I hate being in a car with you. You're in control.

You're on to something here.

Aaaieeeeeeee

Sorry :D

Seriously, I have phobia to insects. Any kind. A lady bug can make me run screaming (see above). Can't help it, it's a real phobia to bugs.

Today I couldn't reach TF1. This screen showed up saying "Account suspended". That was scary, too.

That was my new fear! im glad i was not the only one who thought that tf1 was finished!

my other fear, death by shark!!

3. Other drivers. I love driving. I'm in control. I hate being in a car with you. You're in control.

Failure. That's my main fear in life.

My two biggest fears right there, thanks guys.

Oddly, I relate to you... or did once, earlier on in life:

1. Flying. It's not natural. I stand in the airport, stoumach churning, sweaty, clammy, full of dread. You look happy because you are going somewhere warm. You think I'm irrational. I think you are mental.

Learn to fly. it does not matter if it is a paraglider, paramotoring, etc. Powered hang gliders have come a long way and are pretty safe. You would be surprised how easy it is to learn to fly. Kind of boring actually (minus the view).

2. Spiders. Ever had one crawl across your bare chest in the middle of the night? That was enough for me. Crank legged f*ckers have a habit of getting just where you do not want them to be. They look wrong and they are wrong.

I was perhaps 4 years-old when my uncle said to me, kill any spider that frightens you. You are much bigger than them. Much, much bigger... and grow out of it fast because more spiders means less mosquitoes.

I did too the first couple of years after I got my first license (the old type that allows you to drive from any kind of bike to any kind of truck). Anyway, I was in too much of a joy trance to bother with any other thought than always drive against traffic... meaning, obviously, that if you are the fastest on the road, everyone is always coming towards you at different speeds. Quite a high. As the speed difference increased, those that were _actually_ coming from the other direction became quite manageable too. Old times.

Anyway, then came the day of blessing when a friend was driving and I happened to be high. Rather than concentrate on every aspect of the road (quality of tarmac, clean or grease or sand or grit, pot holes, kerbs, breaking distances, eyes up front and simultaneously on all rear-view mirrors, etc, etc), I was simply enjoying the ride. Checking the out the country side and the girls in spring dresses. In a sense, I discovered the pleasure of being driven about.

Of course, choose your driver. Some (many) suck at it... which it is why it is often said that if you know how to drive (rather than "circulate"), the most dangerous thing on the road are other drivers and, in some countries, the police.

Then, again, if you know how to drive well, you can spot what's wrong with a bad driver, iow, it might not be such a big deal. Most often, over-rev cars and not using the engine in order to brake is at fault. If it rains, folks tend to slow down too much, which makes them less dangerous. And, sure, for the life of them, only a selected few comprehend what tracing a curve is... but, in general, they don't need to considering the ridiculously low speed limits.

So, let it go and enjoy being driven. I kind of prefer it nowadays unless driving itself (rather than getting from A to B ) matters for a reason.

EDIT: Unintended smi-fcking-ly.

Yeah.

Somebody getting the recognition I deserve. If there's one quality in a person I don't like, its taking credit for others hard work. Thats just gutless. You deserve to live with slime.

Yeah.

Somebody getting the recognition I deserve. If there's one quality in a person I don't like, its taking credit for others hard work. Thats just gutless. You deserve to live with slime.

Yeah, well thing is Steph, I did actually come up with that fear first, you just copied me....

:D:P

Oooh Fray Bentos tinned Steak and Kidney pies.....

The uncooked pastry in that looks like I don't know what...... :o

Oooooh Fray Bentos pies!!!

I used to live on those beauties!

Cant get them in Switzerland :(

Oooh Fray Bentos tinned Steak and Kidney pies.....

The uncooked pastry in that looks like I don't know what...... :o

You can go to hell you bald Sh#tbag.

Ok. I said I think that those pies uncooked look like the end of a certain part of a blokes anatomy. I don't know why.

That shut you up didn't it. Mr fear of sexy nurses.

Yeah, well thing is Steph, I did actually come up with that fear first, you just copied me....

:D:P

If you come up with it first its only cause you have ninety years on me. I wasn't around in t' good ol' days.

You can go to hell you bald Sh#tbag.

Ok. I said I think that those pies uncooked look like the end of a certain part of a blokes anatomy. I don't know why.

That shut you up didn't it. Mr fear of sexy nurses.

Would you prefer that part of a blokes anatomy looked like a cooked Fray Bentos pie?

Mmmmmm crispy?

Nah. The meat's always good though. :D

c#ckroaches.

Off topic. When i get round to adding you on psn. Buy Army of Two. Can go through it together if you like. Its wicked awesome!

+1

Yeah I'm the kind of co-driver that steps on an imaginary brake and throttle :D

I have many things I'm apprehensive about (flying, deep water, failure) but I can conquer those feelings. The one thing I can't conquer, no matter how much force of will I put into it, is wasps. The yellow and tan 'paper wasps' in particular. They cause an irrational fear that is puzzling, yet very real. I've killed many of them and I still dread seeing them. Damned useless creatures. Bees I'm fine with; nuke the wasps, though.

I have many things I'm apprehensive about (flying, deep water, failure) but I can conquer those feelings. The one thing I can't conquer, no matter how much force of will I put into it, is wasps. The yellow and tan 'paper wasps' in particular. They cause an irrational fear that is puzzling, yet very real. I've killed many of them and I still dread seeing them. Damned useless creatures. Bees I'm fine with; nuke the wasps, though.

In that case, be careful in Japan. We've got one of the worst type of wasp in the world, a giant hornet over 4 centimeters long and over 6 centimeters wingspan. They pray on smaller wasps and kill about three dozen Japanese every year. Fearsome venom have, those b@stards.

Pretty creatures, though. They are like the elephants of wasps.

1. Flying. It's not natural. I stand in the airport, stoumach churning, sweaty, clammy, full of dread. You look happy because you are going somewhere warm. You think I'm irrational. I think you are mental.

2. Spiders. Ever had one crawl across your bare chest in the middle of the night? That was enough for me. Crank legged f*ckers have a habit of getting just where you do not want them to be. They look wrong and they are wrong.

And you've hired maure as your therapist? I am sure you'll be fine in no time :P

In that case, be careful in Japan. We've got one of the worst type of wasp in the world, a giant hornet over 4 centimeters long and over 6 centimeters wingspan. They pray on smaller wasps and kill about three dozen Japanese every year. Fearsome venom have, those b@stards.

Pretty creatures, though. They are like the elephants of wasps.

What is the purpose of a wasp? I mean. Bees make honey. Spiders -ew- keep the level of mosquitoes down. What does a wasp do. It's like a little killing machine. Do they have a purpose or do they just go around happy slapping us with stings, cause they can?

Thats why I find them scary. They're like created to maim and kill. Like a gun.

Don't mind 'em, myself. Never been stung, either. Love that munchy sound they make when they're chewing on the garden fence at chez Gorilla. I let them be. They let me be. Same with the bees. And the sparrowhawk.

Edit: why should wasps have a purpose? People don't.

[quote name='Kopite Girl' date='04 February 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1265273041' post='309247']
What is the purpose of a wasp? I mean. Bees make honey. Spiders -ew- keep the level of mosquitoes down. What does a wasp do. It's like a little killing machine. Do they have a purpose or do they just go around happy slapping us with stings, cause they can?

Thats why I find them scary. They're like created to maim and kill. Like a gun.
[/quote]

Monza put it as best as it can be put. Wasp, like people, have no purpose. Life is just that, life. If you are into the "god" thingy, then wasps exist for Its Mysterious Purposes or, in other words, who cares.

But I reckon you were asking if they had a purpose for us. The answer is to annoy children and remind them not to fck with nature. Let them be, and they'll let you be. Unfortunately, the lesson is lost... but the wasps remain.

why should wasps have a purpose? People don't.

Reminds me of that existentialist crappy novelist's afterthought... "hell is other people".

One can only wish.