Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

In Before The Inevitable...

he Some might agree, some might digress... but I have a strong feeling this years Ferrari is going to be a race winner again.

How long is it going to take for Alonso to then claim he made the cars in Red race winners again. How long is it going to take or people to then again blame Kimi for how slow the car was. Bearing in mind it's the car designers who can either produce a great or bad car. Since Ferrari abandoned last years car development half way through the season, the parallels with what Honda did and how Brawn benefited are quite obvious to me.

I wish Kimi had stayed one more year at Ferrari. I can't help but feel that this year would have paid off nicely for him on the race track. I don't have any problems with Alonso or Massa winning races, I just am feeling ill already with the thought the spanish one will be claiming it's all his doing.

Don't freak out just yet, KoolMonkey.

Who knows who was using what on those tests. And, of course, there are more tests to come.

Also, and importantly, remember that last season FIA gifted the championship to a team no one thought would even make it to the first race. So, some CamposMeta(?) or whatever might still come up with a "controversial" "interpretation" of the "rules" and get a 6-race-win advantage over the rest. It worked last year...

Come to think of it, USF1 (or whatever) could use such "interpretation" to push the F1 market over to the USA. ForceIndia sounds good too... some billion people in Ecclestone's pocket is no small change.

The possibilities...

he Some might agree, some might digress... but I have a strong feeling this years Ferrari is going to be a race winner again.

How long is it going to take for Alonso to then claim he made the cars in Red race winners again. How long is it going to take or people to then again blame Kimi for how slow the car was. Bearing in mind it's the car designers who can either produce a great or bad car. Since Ferrari abandoned last years car development half way through the season, the parallels with what Honda did and how Brawn benefited are quite obvious to me.

I wish Kimi had stayed one more year at Ferrari. I can't help but feel that this year would have paid off nicely for him on the race track. I don't have any problems with Alonso or Massa winning races, I just am feeling ill already with the thought the spanish one will be claiming it's all his doing.

It doesn't change the fact that both Montezemolo and DC said Raikkonen isn't a guy to be a locomotive for the team.

Or the fact that got beaten badly in 2008 by Massa because he couldn't dial in the under-steer.

I don't have any problems with Alonso or Massa winning races, I just am feeling ill already with the thought the spanish one will be claiming it's all his doing.

No worries man.

i) It's too early. Maure's put it in a true&funny way above.

ii) Alonso gave credit to Massa about the results in Valencia this week. He only had problems in 2007 but things are completely different in Ferrari. He's partnering an experienced driver with many years of work in Ferrari and he knows he has to learn from him for the first few months. They both want to have the fastest car come Bahrain.

iii) Alonso said the only area he could work on the car before he has driven it was the earpads, helmet, steering wheel, seat and no much more.

iv) There's nothing we can do to see Kimi driving an F1 car.

Hopefully......so that you don't feel bad,Lewis will win the title this year. Cheer up!

I am hoping for that, maybe Ferrari have the upper hand right now but Mclaren showed how good they are developing the car in a no test season and I always say taht is now how start but how it end. :P

Providing that the car is successful on the track (and that's still a big if), I can't see Alonso claiming the upturn in performance was directly of his making. He had no input into the car until now - as far as I know - so I doubt he would be so stupid/arrogant to make such a preposterous claim. However it wouldn't surprise me to see somebody else making that claim for him.

In short, I think your jumping the gun on this one.

I do think that if the car is a race winner, Alonso could be credited to a small extent, as his arrival probably motivated the designers/other team members to push harder than in the last couple of years as most of them know (or at least believe) they are getting a great driver. Therefore it's not specifically Alonso which motivated the team to produce a good car, but rather the perception of a great driver entering the team might spur them on.

Oh and KM, don't worry about Alonso. He's alongside Massa this year, he is bound to implode. Sure, he might have a glory run in the beginning and obviously will soon be claiming credit for Ferrari's pace.

Can you handle the truth my chilly monkey? Ok, here it is: Alonso will help to develop the car throughout the season better than Kimi had previously done. Any races won this season by Ferrari will have everything to do with the car's re-design and not so much with Massa or Alonso's development help. Massa will be faster than Alonso on occasion and Alonso will be more consistent. My money is on Alonso taking a greater points haul than Massa. Next year, the Ferrari should be fabulous if built as a progression of this year's chassis and with Massa and Alonso's develpment input (I rate them both highly in that regard).

Kimi was blisteringly quick in a dog of a Ferrari. Kudos to him for it.

The Ferrari only looks like a race winner to you because of your error in thinking pre-season testing indicates race-pace.

Can you handle the truth my chilly monkey? Ok, here it is: Alonso will help to develop the car throughout the season better than Kimi had previously done. Any races won this season by Ferrari will have everything to do with the car's re-design and not so much with Massa or Alonso's development help. Massa will be faster than Alonso on occasion and Alonso will be more consistent. My money is on Alonso taking a greater points haul than Massa. Next year, the Ferrari should be fabulous if built as a progression of this year's chassis and with Massa and Alonso's develpment input (I rate them both highly in that regard).

+1

im more interested in `how long til fernando and felipe try to kill eachother?`. even if felipe seems the peaceful type, i do believe team has a preference for him (not intended but well, theyve been together for a while, it`s quite easy to presume so, or to believe so even if it doesn`t exist) and me thinks fernando may not be so happy with it if he does not outpace him. or maybe i just miss the awesome year of 2007 when i thought and and lewis would roll on the paddock floor. whatever.

im more interested in `how long til fernando and felipe try to kill eachother?`. even if felipe seems the peaceful type, i do believe team has a preference for him (not intended but well, theyve been together for a while, it`s quite easy to presume so, or to believe so even if it doesn`t exist) and me thinks fernando may not be so happy with it if he does not outpace him. or maybe i just miss the awesome year of 2007 when i thought and and lewis would roll on the paddock floor. whatever.

This is the fun thing about subjective observations, because mine is the opposite of yours :D

Felipe seemed the peaceful type...until last year. First you had the "Felipebabygate", then the increasingly often comments about "Ferrari has no number ones from the start, you need to earn it" "Ferrari is a family and new ones should respect the old ones" "Schumi loves me" etc. (no, no sources, but you know what he actually said and you know it was along those lines)

Alonso, on the other hand, looks surprisingly calm and maybe even too much PR oriented in his comments lately ("it was easy for me thanks to felipe's work"? WTF! You are starting to sound like Lewis, Nando! Don't overdo it!)

And I think Ferrari has a preference, yes...but it is for Nando, not for Felipe. While Ferrari is trying hard to split more or less evenly the praise for their drivers, Alonso gets praised for being "A true champion" "Ferrari's savior who will take away the sin" while Massa gets praised for "Recovering fast"...which praise would you prefer? :lol:

I think the first intra team fight will flare up at Mercedes, with a silent but ongoing battle at Macca, and a tense peace until at least mid season at Ferrari. Aftewards, anything could happen, based on results.

Sure, he might have a glory run in the beginning and obviously will soon be claiming credit for Ferrari's pace.

Maybe he can beat his 2007 record of six tenths a lap.

im more interested in `how long til fernando and felipe try to kill eachother?`.

Actually thats for me one of the most exciting things I am looking forward to in F1 this year. Maybe more that whos going to be champ.

Id bet 3 races.

Alonso, on the other hand, looks surprisingly calm and maybe even too much PR oriented in his comments lately ("it was easy for me thanks to felipe's work"? WTF! You are starting to sound like Lewis, Nando! Don't overdo it!)

True, true and true.

This is the fun thing about subjective observations, because mine is the opposite of yours :D

Felipe seemed the peaceful type...until last year. First you had the "Felipebabygate", then the increasingly often comments about "Ferrari has no number ones from the start, you need to earn it" "Ferrari is a family and new ones should respect the old ones" "Schumi loves me" etc. (no, no sources, but you know what he actually said and you know it was along those lines)

And I think Ferrari has a preference, yes...but it is for Nando, not for Felipe. While Ferrari is trying hard to split more or less evenly the praise for their drivers, Alonso gets praised for being "A true champion" "Ferrari's savior who will take away the sin" while Massa gets praised for "Recovering fast"...which praise would you prefer? :lol:

I think the first intra team fight will flare up at Mercedes, with a silent but ongoing battle at Macca, and a tense peace until at least mid season at Ferrari. Aftewards, anything could happen, based on results.

it depends on the first results, mainly. if fernando suceeds, he`ll be the hero, if he doesn`t and felipe does, fernando will be `not that great`. if them both fail, blame the team.

The Ferrari only looks like a race winner to you because of your error in thinking pre-season testing indicates race-pace.

As maure stoically said, +1.

Well stated.

Providing that the car is successful on the track (and that's still a big if), I can't see Alonso claiming the upturn in performance was directly of his making. He had no input into the car until now - as far as I know - so I doubt he would be so stupid/arrogant to make such a preposterous claim. However it wouldn't surprise me to see somebody else making that claim for him.

Again, it was RD who first said about the 6 tenths and did so in order to hide the stolen Ferrari data that was the base of McLaren's improvement. He used Alonso as a distraction and no more. Sure, Alonso was naive to buy into it (although on paper it seemed feasible) but he learned his lesson after RD betrayed thrice over and then some more while stabbing him in the back with a rusty and serrated falchion, twisting it race after race to screw Alonso and bring down to a level Hamilton could take him. It didn't fcking work.

And so, only lewisterics will continue to bring this up (no mention to RD since they named him the "most honest man in F1") while Alonso will mop the field if he has a half decent drive... or some other real driver emerges out of the mist, say, Kubica, Vettel, etc. But never the kind that chokes when it matters most.

And, btw, with DLR gone, which teenager will setup Hamilton's car. We all know he can't do it himself. Oops! If only DLR was banned too. Heck. Banned them all so that Hamilton has a change at all, ffs.

In Ecclestone we put our prayers.

Not.

All went well until "you are starting to sound like Lewis".

That requires explanation, sepuku, or shame on your family for generations to come.

All went well until "you are starting to sound like Lewis".

That requires explanation, sepuku, or shame on your family for generations to come.

I would be honored if you accepted to be my kaishakunin, then.

I mustly agree with you but I think tension will rise first at Ferrari even when the press is getting evething ready for this to happen fisrt at Mclaren with all those comments about who LH is going to kill JB but it looks to me like JB it is already seeing the real world, he just started to say that he is dissapointed by the last test at this pace he too will be convinced before the first race that he can not beat LH and that is why I think the problems will show up at Ferrari first.