Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Not In The F1 News

Stefan's Crafty Container Bid

Serbian F1 hopefuls Stefan GP announced they have sent a container of support equipment to the Sakhir circuit ready for the first race in Bahrain. Although they haven't received an entry for the race they are hoping they can step into the gap should USF1 or Campos Meta fail to turn up for the race. Nobody at the team was prepared to explain what the 'support equipment' was but a Customs official in Belgrade said the container manifest listed, three folding chairs, an eight-man tent, a pallet of Serbian beer, a week's supply of pot noodles and Kazuki Nakajima.

Coughlan Returns To F1 - Almost

To emphasise just how ready the Stefan GP team are to take up the F1 challenge, they issued a photograph of the team HQ to international media. The photo showed four men sitting in an office, one of them being former McLaren designer Mike 'Spygate' Coughlan.

Stefan GP have aquired Coughlan's services along with the rights to run the 2010 Toyota chassis. Toyota weren't going to let them have it at first, but then they caught Mike in a photo-copying office just outside of Cologne...

In Brief

* After 40,000 people turned up simply to watch Fernando Alonso test a Ferrari in Valencia, organisers of the Turkish Grand Prix have asked him if he is prepared to switch nationalities.

* Vitaly Petrov has revealed he is providing 7% of the Renault budget in 2010. The cash-strapped French team have also saved $1.2m by buying the Jordan paint scheme from 1997.

*Peter Sauber has revealed that the VW motor group have made enquiries about taking a major shareholding in his team. This would make it the BMW-Sauber Audi Ferrari.

d#ck Dastardly GP

Stefan GP have slammed allegations that they are aiming to rename their F1 team d#ck Dastardly GP as highly defamatory. There have been suggestions down the pitlane that disgraced former McLaren man Mike Coughlan was going to team up with sacked Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney in a "cheats superteam". They would recruit Nelson Piquet as their No.1 driver and employ Flavio Briatore as team boss. Fernando Alonso would be reserve driver.

Launch Virgins

There were red faces all round when the new Virgin motorsport team tried to launch their new digitally designed race car through a digital medium - the internet - and it froze. The embarrassment was doubly felt because Virgin media are an internet services provider. Subscribers to the Virgin broadband service predict the car will be very much like their internet service - increasingly expensive and nowhere near as fast as they say it'll be.

The Car In Front Is A Ferrari

And finally, after the first week of testing in Valencia Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenical has admitted that the rumours "swirling around" the Italian press are true. They are going to be introducing a B-spec car very shortly. A slower one to let the rest of the grid catch up.

Regarding Sauber is not a surprise... he is swiss... so he can run a VW owned team with a BMW name on it and a MacLaren Chassis with Ferrari engine and a chinesse sumo fighter at the wheel... and make it works! More o less the swiss history.

Regarding Sauber is not a surprise... he is swiss... so he can run a VW owned team with a BMW name on it and a MacLaren Chassis with Ferrari engine and a chinesse sumo fighter at the wheel... and make it works! More o less the swiss history.

O'clock! thbup.gif

You are way too subtle for this forum.

You tell him, man.

I cannot imagine a worst insult around here than calling anyone 'subtle'.

If I could only find a metaphorical rock to throw at the lot of you... I'LL GIVE YOU SUBTLE, YOU FROG PEOPLE!!

Thought he signed to Virgin.

I think I've missed something.

You are way too subtle for this forum.

Did I missed something?

You tell him, man.

If I could only find a metaphorical rock to throw at the lot of you... I'LL GIVE YOU SUBTLE, YOU FROG PEOPLE!!

I missed something.

You tell him, man.

THATS RIGHT! You tell them!

I'd have loved to hear the conversation that was going on backstage when Virgin had their "technical issues". Bodes well for the new season? :P