Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Claim To Fame

Must have been great for your Dad Handy. I got Jim Clark's autograph when he was driving the Lotus Cortina in the Brit Saloon Championship in the mid 60's.

Ask your Dad if he's heard of Brian Redman (damn quick in sports cars and F5000), I used to work on his car as an apprentice, got to a few races as crew for him too - well, coffee maker mainly ;) . Got to meet a great NZ guy then too, Denny Hulme. But me being a kid he politely ignored me once I'd got his autogtraph :)

Edit: ANd if anyone mentions JR Hartley, bugger off :lol:

Redman rings a bell with me...not sure which bell in my head it is attached to, so will ask the old man....

...who is this Hulme fulla you talk of? :P :P

Actually now I come to think of it, another "proxy" famous person would be the same guy that flatted with All Black Ali Williams used to work with me and he sold agricultural equipment for our company (I was on the design side), and having sold a fancy new feeder/mixer to All Black Coach Griz Wylie, he then set his targets on none other than Chris Amon....however the opposition slid in like the snakes they were at the last moment. Our stuff was Italian and red, and theirs was green and Irish....woulda thought ex-Ferrari boy Amon would have stuck with Italian engineering.... :)

Well,

kid was knocked over by him, a moment that will surely live with them for the rest of their life!

and live with them it will, I mean it was just a smashing controversial meeting. That kid has now the bragging rights to be the kid that was knocked over, by who??? yes the Iceman. Can you imagine what this kid will tell everyone all the time of her life...I'm the one

Actually, the mother knocked the kid over....but since you're too blind to see it...kudus

Has anyone ever met Kimi... I mean, that has to be the ultimate claim to fame :naughty:

Since you asked.....

I met Kimi, shook his hand and congratulated him on winning the championship at the red bull end of season party in Sao paulo in 2008.

Since you asked.....

I met Kimi, shook his hand and congratulated him on winning the championship at the red bull end of season party in Sao paulo in 2008.

wow, how did he come across, I mean, how was his demeanor? Tell me more man :)

wow, how did he come across, I mean, how was his demeanor? Tell me more man :)

By this time im sure he was half p**sed and probably bored with people saying congrats.

but he was exactly as i imagined, he was sat at a table quietly having drinks with a small group of people but was well manered enough to shake my hand and say thanks.

after this i decided to leave him be.

I think it was 1973... I met Guy Williams -El Zorro- at a friend´s house. I coudn´t believe it- I was 10 years old!

Ten years ago I went to a Jethro Tull concert and I met Ian Anderson at the stage! I was invited to listen 2 songs at a living room on one of the stage corners. Awesome.

By this time im sure he was half p**sed and probably bored with people saying congrats.

but he was exactly as i imagined, he was sat at a table quietly having drinks with a small group of people but was well manered enough to shake my hand and say thanks.

after this i decided to leave him be.

I've had dinner at the table next to Shaun Connolly in Spain, had drinks with Nelson Piquet jr in SA and attended a Manchester United training session as a VIP in the UK :)

Since you asked.....

Oh come on, you missed a golden chance to find out if he is really a robot. Any robot worth his salt can shake hands, did you try subjecting it to the Turing test :lol:

Oh come on, you missed a golden chance to find out if he is really a robot. Any robot worth his salt can shake hands, did you try subjecting it to the Turing test :lol:

Come to think of it, he did have a terminator type grip.

But you will have to tell me what the Turing test is.

Ps, I made a typo, it was 2007 not 2008.