Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Le Mans 24 Hours 2010

Porsche already raced a 911 Hybrid @ Nurburgring 24 Hours & were pleased! Now I wait for the 918 hybrid :blush: !

My Seel > your Charizard.

On Porsche and their hybrid LMP...will it be hybrid-petrol, hybrid-diesel, hybrid-butanol, hybrid-Ethanol-petrol, hybrid-dung, etc, etc? Just wondering, because I'm pretty sure the Peugeot 909-HY will by hybrid-diesel (unless Peugeot abandoned the 909-HY plan they announced for 2011 back in 2009 and are just going to do a full-diesel 909, which would be lame), so I wanted to know if the Porsche would be the same or different. I wouldn't know if a hybrid-diesel would have an advantage over a hybrid-petrol as a regular diesel does over a regular petrol, but I'd assume it would.

Good to see more hybrids and electrics and such, if only to have something different and new. The Courage will be most interesting.

Aston...will they sell the old/current car off to customers? Fernández in ALMS, for example, could easily be restarted if they were given the old chassis now that the European squads will have a new one, and they've worked together before obviously.

I heard Audi are bringing in a new prototype for next year but they're keeping it a secret! All they said was it ain't gonna be diesel & it won't be petrol :eusa_think: !

I'm hoping one of you young Turks will give us a proper overview of the race.

Anyone??

I'll get around to it!

Not if I beat you to it.

Just kidding, I won't beat you to it as I only saw 30 minutes of the race, and that 30 minutes was mostly a Justin Bell of questionable sobriety interviewing some French guys who wished they were only just of questionable sobriety sporting odd hats and not liking Australians. And the Signature Plus car pitted every other lap and Marco Andretti or Neel Jani binned the Lola-Rebellion and Henri Pescarolo sold his team. I think?

I hope Daniel can provide a bit more detail :P

So, I saw/heard zilch of this race. Technical problems effected my computer at the most irratating of times, so only found out who'd won the damn race yesterday!

Congrats to Audi though, once again proving that just outright speed is not everything. I feel I've secured a victory myself though, getting to find out the results....