Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Oh Happy Day

So, Nick Fry has resigned. Hussah! Good news. The bad news is that he seems to be sniffing around Lotus. Also, it seems that much of the Brawn shareholding team have also resigned, to be replaced by Norbert and his chums. New broom, eh?

Nick Fry or chubby Norbert.... Im not sure who is worse? :eusa_think:

So, Nick Fry has resigned. Hussah! Good news. The bad news is that he seems to be sniffing around Lotus. Also, it seems that much of the Brawn shareholding team have also resigned, to be replaced by Norbert and his chums. New broom, eh?

So Permatansmile man has decided to up sticks. Please not to Lotus. USF1? :lol:

Surely not Lotus I mean things are bad enough as it is in their camp! Trulli & Kova as drivers & Gazza as technical director!!!

Fry's departure is a positive step for the team, and it is cause for some celebration. Some shuffling of personnel, upper and lower, was inevitable. Assuming Haug and Brawn can 'work together' week to week they should remain in the thick of things for the season. Any differences they have should remain behind closed doors if only because they have both been in the business for so long and know better.

Fry's departure is a positive step for the team, and it is cause for some celebration. Some shuffling of personnel, upper and lower, was inevitable. Assuming Haug and Brawn can 'work together' week to week they should remain in the thick of things for the season. Any differences they have should remain behind closed doors if only because they have both been in the business for so long and know better.

Fry was worthless, Haug is more of a figurehead and Brawn arguably the most essential human in motor sport. Two's company....

Fry was worthless, Haug is more of a figurehead and Brawn arguably the most essential human in motor sport. Two's company....

Agreed.

Though I do have some concerns with Haug as a figurehead in this lean, mean sport of ours....

post-1536-126632450282_thumb.jpg

MS: "Zo, you manached to get rid off Fry mein chum?"

Haug: "Hmmm, donuts for elevensies"

Yep. The story has now disappeared from whence it came. Deep sadness. Looks like the story was half right. Unfortunately it was the wrong half.

I came to this thread to find a happy news that was causing a happy day but instead it was a sad day at the end, I think someone should rename this thread to disappointing day or something like that.

Yep. The story has now disappeared from whence it came. Deep sadness. Looks like the story was half right. Unfortunately it was the wrong half.

Oh jelly f*ck sticks.

Is Haug Daphne from Scooby Doo's father?

Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes.

That reminds me of a poem by an Italian writer, Cesare Pavese:

Death shall come, and he will have your eyes

This death that accompanies us

from dusk till dawn, sleepless

deaf, like an old remorse

or an absurd flaw. Your eyes

will be a useless word,

a quiet scream, a silence.

So you see them every morning

when, alone, you lean

onto the mirror. Oh, beloved hope,

that day we will also know

that you are the Life and you are the Void.

For everybody has death a gaze.

It will be like quitting and addiction

like watching on a mirror

a dead face showing up.

Like listening to lips already closed.

Mute, we will descent into the abyss.

(I am not doing enough justice to his writings with my translation, but he is definitely writing about Nick Fry, thanks Mike for pointing that out!)

Update. It seems that the story is more than half right. Most odd. He has resigned but he's still there as a non voting executive wotsit.

Update. It seems that the story is more than half right. Most odd. He has resigned but he's still there as a non voting executive wotsit.

I'd describe him as cheesy too.

Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes.

clap3.gif I think we need a bigger boat.

That reminds me of a poem by an Italian writer, Cesare Pavese:

This death that accompanies us

from dusk till dawn, sleepless

deaf, like an old remorse

or an absurd flaw. Your eyes

will be a useless word,

a quiet scream, a silence.

So you see them every morning

when, alone, you lean

onto the mirror. Oh, beloved hope,

that day we will also know

that you are the Life and you are the Void.

For everybody has death a gaze.

It will be like quitting and addiction

like watching on a mirror

a dead face showing up.

Like listening to lips already closed.

Mute, we will descent into the abyss.

(I am not doing enough justice to his writings with my translation, but he is definitely writing about Nick Fry, thanks Mike for pointing that out!)

bow.gif Who would have guessed that cheesy, dead-eyed Nick Fry would inspire poetry. Andres, you old voyeur, you're a gem.

Funny that this story originally came from PitPass. People actually believe what they spew out?

And now it's back on Pitpass. With further details, of course. Why is it funny that it was originally on Pitpass?

PDF documented linked into article does not prove anything. It is not obvious from the form that it was submitted to anyone. Also, Brawn GP may have been terminated and Mercedes GP established while asset transfered, that would also lead to director termination of Brawn GP and appointment in Mercedes GP. I would take Mercedes GP official web as credible source of information. There is this sentence "For 2010, Nick continues in his role as Chief Executive Officer for MERCEDES GP PETRONAS."

So, I would say, he is still CEO of that team. Also journalist should have done a simple research step - to go to official web and read Nick Fry bio... but that was much too much to expect from Pitpass guys.

PDF documented linked into article does not prove anything. It is not obvious from the form that it was submitted to anyone. Also, Brawn GP may have been terminated and Mercedes GP established while asset transfered, that would also lead to director termination of Brawn GP and appointment in Mercedes GP. I would take Mercedes GP official web as credible source of information. There is this sentence "For 2010, Nick continues in his role as Chief Executive Officer for MERCEDES GP PETRONAS."

So, I would say, he is still CEO of that team. Also journalist should have done a simple research step - to go to official web and read Nick Fry bio... but that was much too much to expect from Pitpass guys.

The form is submitted to companies House. You or I could look it up ourselves. There is a form just like that at Companies House with my name on it. The article also makes it clear that Fry is still CEO. Oh, I just can't be bothered...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And now it's back on Pitpass. With further details, of course. Why is it funny that it was originally on Pitpass?

It's the home of F1 bullsh1t. Most of what they turn out ends up being completely and utterly incorrect. I bet a London Taxi driver could give out stories that are more correct than PitPass!