Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Can You Believe This Guy?

So, can we just clarify; you have lady lumps or big donkey bollocks? I really need to know.

Put it this way, I'll be over in the 'I am all woman' corner of PP. See you there? :lol:

There was a time, long forgotten it would seem, when sport was about taking part, and winning by being the best was the reward for that.

It seems to me that people like Alonso, and Schumacher, and we ought not to forget Prost and Senna decided it could involve cheating in one form or another.

These people should not be given any glimpse of respect by right-thinking people.

I find it difficult to respect anyone who has cheated in order to win, even if their achievements are applauded by those who think that the statistics are what is important.

In my eyes for someone to achieve hero status in sport they have to be someone who has true grit, honesty, ability, skill, and who displays generosity, plus all round honourable behaviour in all their actions.

And Alonso cheated and he knew he was cheating, you just have to read the emails between him and PDR, where he was telling PDR that "we" have to figure out how this thing work, talking about the gases Ferrari was using to inflate their tires, he is as guilty as anyone else in that case and I am pretty sure that he was also involved in the crash gate too and some people still dare to call him the best driver out there. :nono1:

There was a time, long forgotten it would seem, when sport was about taking part, and winning by being the best was the reward for that.

It seems to me that people like Alonso, and Schumacher, and we ought not to forget Prost and Senna decided it could involve cheating in one form or another.

These people should not be given any glimpse of respect by right-thinking people.

I find it difficult to respect anyone who has cheated in order to win, even if their achievements are applauded by those who think that the statistics are what is important.

In my eyes for someone to achieve hero status in sport they have to be someone who has true grit, honesty, ability, skill, and who displays generosity, plus all round honourable behaviour in all their actions.

Welcome MartRacer, I agree with your points. I think there's a view out there that winning is everything, even if it involves cheating and that it's just part of the game.

I know, ALonso is soo boring, isn't he? B)

Hmm, if that's the case, I'd like to know your definition of boring. Seeing as most the things Kimi ever did in F1 were teemed with a fair amount of dullness, blandness and plain yawn-worthy stuff.

Hmm, if that's the case, I'd like to know your definition of boring. Seeing as most the things Kimi ever did in F1 were teemed with a fair amount of dullness, blandness and plain yawn-worthy stuff.

And who told that there is only one boring driver allowed to be in F1? :naughty:

fernandoferrari_opt.jpg

Alonso - 'HAHA YOU GUYS CAN'T SEE WHERE MY FINGER IS!!'

Raikkonen - 'ohthereisanotherfingerhere endoftransmission.'

And who told that there is only one boring driver allowed to be in F1? :naughty:

Suppose so, but on the levels of boringness other than the Valencia race, Kimi comes top. :P

Suppose so, but on the levels of boringness other than the Valencia race, Kimi comes top. :P

:lol: As long as Alonso is a boring driver you can say anything about Kimi, it's ok with me.

He's still a more successful one though...? :P I kid, you like Kimi, I'm fine with that. I just don't get the hype surronding him and don't think he ever really lived up to the expectation. But I'd guess you'd say that about Alonso, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

He's still a more successful one though...? :P I kid, you like Kimi, I'm fine with that. I just don't get the hype surronding him and don't think he ever really lived up to the expectation. But I'd guess you'd say that about Alonso, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

it is just like that, I think the same about Alonso.

....And there goes another moaning Kimi Raikkonen fan. If Kimi was that good, he'd still be in the sport. Fernando has not only won 2 championships (1 more than Kimi) he did it when Schumi was around. He's now in Ferrari. Get over it already.

What part of my post said anything about Kimi? None. It's you who determined my loathing of Alonso had anything to do with Kimi. Alonso's a cheat, just like Schumi. I can loath both if I choose. I have no problems with Kimi not being at Ferrari. Zilch. I do have a problem with a known cretin who sidesteps any responsibility, when there are factual elements stating he was crooked. And biggest of all, I can forgive someone for cheating in time, but to carry on like they are Mother Teresa irritates me incredibly. It wasn't what Schumi did that made me hate him, rather his refusal to even admit he had done anything. The same goes for Alonso. Read the quotes in the OP, and see how Alonso's revisionist thinking is bulls##t.

You find where I said anything Kimi in my post and get back to me.

Yeah, that was always the major issue with cheating, that is, whether you put your hand up and admit to it or not. Schumi hasn't done that yet even though his cheating was extremely blatant and dangerous, and I don't think he ever will. Not that I really care, but it's easy to see why people would hate that in a sportsmen; or in any person.

Strange to see Raikkonen/Alonso debates on the forum, those are two drivers who always seemed like they had a great respect for each other.

Strange to see Raikkonen/Alonso debates on the forum, those are two drivers who always seemed like they had a great respect for each other.

For a few years they were the best of the whole grid and the only two drivers that could make Schumi spend a bad night.

For a few years they were the best of the whole grid and the only two drivers that could make Schumi spend a bad night.

Them and Corinna's bockwurst, pickled onion und banana pie.

Drivers have more respect for each other than the media would like us to believe.

As for Nando/Kimi vs Schumi, I will just quote an anecdote from James Allen (hardly an Alonso fan):

Back in 2002, when Juan Pablo Montoya was the exciting new guy challenging Schumacher in races, I remember asking Michael privately who he thought his greatest threat was going to come from. He said it was not Montoya, nor was it Kimi Raikkonen. Instead it was Alonso, who at that time was a Renault test driver. He’d seen enough of him from testing and in his 2001 F1 season with Minardi to know that Alonso would be the one to take his crown, just as Ayrton Senna immediately identified Schumacher in 1992 as the one.
:P

Alonso's a cheat, just like Schumi. I can loath both if I choose. I have no problems with Kimi not being at Ferrari. Zilch. I do have a problem with a known cretin who sidesteps any responsibility, when there are factual elements stating he was crooked. And biggest of all, I can forgive someone for cheating in time, but to carry on like they are Mother Teresa irritates me incredibly. It wasn't what Schumi did that made me hate him, rather his refusal to even admit he had done anything. The same goes for Alonso. Read the quotes in the OP, and see how Alonso's revisionist thinking is bulls##t.

Spot on. The man will forever be a liar, a cheat and a Ferrari driver. In contrast, Schumacher was a genius.

Them and Corinna's bockwurst, pickled onion und banana pie.

:lol:

Drivers have more respect for each other than the media would like us to believe.

As for Nando/Kimi vs Schumi, I will just quote an anecdote from James Allen (hardly an Alonso fan):

:P

You read his blog and I don't so perhaps you know better. But my impression was that James Allen wasn't that unfair to Alonso, at least I got that impression in 2008. Can't remember 2007 - must have blocked out that painful memory. I seem to remember him and Brundle saying Alonso was (at least 'arguably') the best driver on ITV.

Edit: I mean they said it on ITV, not that they were talking about whether Alonso was a better driver than Brundle and Allen...

What part of my post said anything about Kimi? None. It's you who determined my loathing of Alonso had anything to do with Kimi. Alonso's a cheat, just like Schumi. I can loath both if I choose. I have no problems with Kimi not being at Ferrari. Zilch. I do have a problem with a known cretin who sidesteps any responsibility, when there are factual elements stating he was crooked. And biggest of all, I can forgive someone for cheating in time, but to carry on like they are Mother Teresa irritates me incredibly. It wasn't what Schumi did that made me hate him, rather his refusal to even admit he had done anything. The same goes for Alonso. Read the quotes in the OP, and see how Alonso's revisionist thinking is bulls##t.

You find where I said anything Kimi in my post and get back to me.

Well not every driver can be as innocent as pure as one Kimi Raikkonen. They have something called a "personality". Funny little creature.

It's normaly (nearly always) true but I don't think Hamilton showed much respect for Alonso when he said he blew him away in 2007. Besides, it was false and unnecessary. All in all 2007 was a painful year for him and it's understandable. tongue.gif

It's normaly (nearly always) true but I don't think Hamilton showed much respect for Alonso when he said he blew him away in 2007. Besides, it was false and unnecessary. All in all 2007 was a painful year for him and it's understandable. tongue.gif

That was just a dig. And yes, there is no love lost between Hamilton and Alonso, but I don't think they hate each other. They probably respect each other, are a little envious of each other, and just don't share the same poker table...well, at least Alonso is always up for a good game of poker (cue to the Alonso haters about bluff and deceit in poker *wink wink*...ergo, Nando...*wink wink*)