Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Interview With The Supremo

Do you like F1? Are you slightly interested in what the most important person in F1 thinks about certain F1 related things? Can you read? Is your attention span greater than 2 minutes? Then this is for you my friend/not friend.

It's not that good, really, but worth a read, maybe, baby.

All in all, I like Bernie's take on things.

Credit to F1 Racing, Autosport & Ed Gorman.

First picture proves Bernie is two faced. Knew it all along.

I can read, I do care about F1 and my attention span is ample. I'm game, sir.

Firstly, I like the image of poor Bernie wringing his hands, concerning himself over the potential over-hyping of the current season. I would have placed him front and center of the media frenzy that began in the wake of Massa's accident and, with ebb and flow, has been building steadily ever since. He doesn't mince words over how you win, and what it takes to win and he does, occasionally, make mention of young Mr. Rosberg, that other driver in the Mercedes pit. He quickly skims past Button in favor of Hamilton and provides some time for Massa and Alonso before mentioning Vettel.

Once he turns to the FIA, Todt and Mosley he gets off a good one how to rule the roost: "He (Todt) doesn't want to copy Max. But, in the end, he'll have to revert to those ways because Formula 1 can't operate as a democracy - it's as simple as that." So, our diminutive Frenchman, take note and see if you can locate a good - albeit discreet - source for the appropriate leather wear.

Bernie Ecclestone is not someone many people like but I think the Michael Corleone factor should apply: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." If you care about F1, and for as long as Bernie holds the power, we're better off knowing as much as we can about what he is doing and saying.

Aside from this my only concern is that shot of Bernie wrapping his hands around the waist of young Mr. Hamilton. Perhaps this was during a period where L.H. and his main squeeze were on the outs. So while the (pussy) cat's away the rat will play? Well, uhh, something like that.

I can read, I do care about F1 and my attention span is ample. I'm game, sir.

Firstly, I like the image of poor Bernie wringing his hands, concerning himself over the potential over-hyping of the current season. I would have placed him front and center of the media frenzy that began in the wake of Massa's accident and, with ebb and flow, has been building steadily ever since. He doesn't mince words over how you win, and what it takes to win and he does, occasionally, make mention of young Mr. Rosberg, that other driver in the Mercedes pit. He quickly skims past Button in favor of Hamilton and provides some time for Massa and Alonso before mentioning Vettel.

Once he turns to the FIA, Todt and Mosley he gets off a good one how to rule the roost: "He (Todt) doesn't want to copy Max. But, in the end, he'll have to revert to those ways because Formula 1 can't operate as a democracy - it's as simple as that." So, our diminutive Frenchman, take note and see if you can locate a good - albeit discreet - source for the appropriate leather wear.

Bernie Ecclestone is not someone many people like but I think the Michael Corleone factor should apply: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." If you care about F1, and for as long as Bernie holds the power, we're better off knowing as much as we can about what he is doing and saying.

Aside from this my only concern is that shot of Bernie wrapping his hands around the waist of young Mr. Hamilton. Perhaps this was during a period where L.H. and his main squeeze were on the outs. So while the (pussy) cat's away the rat will play? Well, uhh, something like that.

I think you're right.

I don't mind Bernie really. I would normally say I still wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but.......well.........it's Bernie and that's probably quite far. So I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a really heavy thing.