Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

The Bahrain Gp Official Thread

I'm ten mile or so away! Ten minutes on my bike, fifteen in my car! See ya there!

-awaiting next post from Andres-

But you're car is an M5!! btw what model M5??

But you're car is an M5!! btw what model M5??

Not anymore its not. I spoke too soon. It had outstanding finance on it. Now I'm back down 'sarf geezer - I'm looking for another one. It'll be the BMW M5 alpine. Twin exhaust and 0-60 in 4.2secs. If not, i may look at the M3 or a 2nd gen AMG SL55. Sorry for ruining thread again. Bahrain. So close!

Not anymore its not. I spoke too soon. It had outstanding finance on it. Now I'm back down 'sarf geezer - I'm looking for another one. It'll be the BMW M5 alpine. Twin exhaust and 0-60 in 4.2secs. If not, i may look at the M3 or a 2nd gen AMG SL55. Sorry for ruining thread again. Bahrain. So close!

Ouch, that must sting having it so close and then taken away again. :(

People, at the time of writing, it is only 14, yes, 14 hours to FP1. Any plans anyone has made? Sadly, I won't be able to see the entire session, but on school mornings I get up at half seven and leave at about quarter-past eight, so will be able to get my fix of F1 for the morning! FP2 should be on whilst I'm in I.T class so should see a bit of that too.

Well, we are just a few hours away from the first GP practice of the year!

And the good news of today is that I finally found some "original" life in Bahrain! Yesterday I went to the soukh. The Soukh is the market, a tyipical middle east market filled with all kinds of goods, from DVD recorders to spices. One of those places filled with noise, frenetic activity, different smells from the parfumed scent of exotic spices to the pungent smell of human urine...all in one! Bartering is not an option here, but a mandatory ritual. I am glad I wan't planing on buying anything as I hate to barter.

post-1794-126832590509_thumb.jpg

From there I went to the Beit al Qurain, which is partly a Mosque, partly a convention Center, partly a library specialized in Islam and, most important, a huge collection of Quran prints, ranging from 700 A.D. to last year's. It is a beautiful collection of manuscript of all ages.

post-1794-126832593659_thumb.jpg

I also travelled up north from Manama and found this little village called Al Muksha, the painted Village. I have no idea why are all the houses painted, but it is a welcome sight after all the glitter and neon lights from Manama. A peaceful corner.

post-1794-126832595967_thumb.jpg

Last, but not least, I went to the Gold Soukh. It is quite different from the "regular Soukh". Actually is just a mall composed of jewelries. Mr.T's wet dream.

post-1794-126832598136_thumb.jpg

Well, I hope these have given you at least a little idea of the country where the next GP will be held. After all, what's the point of having races all over the world if all we do is watch a strip of tarmac with the same cars?

Next post: the strip of tarmac!

I don't think Andres even knows anymore.

Let's face it, Andres never really knew.

1 1/2 hours until practice 1

90 minutes

1/16th of a day

5400 seconds

I'm itching man

You are? Which man? I always figured you for a ladies man, but you never know.....

I can't log in for live timing!!! mad.gif

Are you trying to log in at Formula1.com? I just now tried to register there and found out the boneheads want my mobile number in order to register....that's insane!

Are you trying to log in at Formula1.com? I just now tried to register there and found out the boneheads want my mobile number in order to register....that's insane!

I had to register again. I gave the same email address and details and fortunately the mobile number is optional.

I had to register again. I gave the same email address and details and fortunately the mobile number is optional.

Hm. I saw that it said 'optional' but every time I tried to bypass it and hit 'register' it gave an error and sent me to the mobile field to enter a number. Odd.

Hm. I saw that it said 'optional' but every time I tried to bypass it and hit 'register' it gave an error and sent me to the mobile field to enter a number. Odd.

Now I have to register every time I want to watch live timing. Laste year you had an option for permanently log in.

I think today Button is slightly ahead of Hamilton and Alonso slightly ahead of Massa.

I can't log in for live timing!!! mad.gif

Yep - had to re-register - I often wonder about the guys running the F1 offical site - it's the slowest site I visit on the web - a real bandwidth sucker and needlessly so. The site architecture is bad. The navigation logic is poor. The access to stats is extremely limited. It's just not a very good site.

You are? Which man? I always figured you for a ladies man, but you never know.....

Beat me to that one - although I had a different joke in mind.

You possibly had a space character or something in there - when it validated the input and found that the field was set but not as a valid mobile number it told you so and rejected your attempt.

Session over...

SUTIL

ALONSO

KUBICA

MASSA

BUTTON

HAMILTON

LIUZZI

ROSBERG

WEBBER

SCHUMACHER

ALGUERSUARI

HULKENBERG

VETTEL

BUEMI

BARRICHELLO

PETROV

DE LA ROSA

KOBAYASHI

GLOCK

KOVALAINEN

TRULLI

DI GRASSI

SENNA

CHANDHOK

which makes me think that there are too many drivers and their names are getting longer

That was awesome to watch. I watched it on BBC Red Button. Go Jens!

F1 timing app on iPhone is cool mind you it says Rosberg is fastest with a 1:55.555, doubt it! Darn, wish I had wi-fi in this office!

F1 timing app on iPhone is cool mind you it says Rosberg is fastest with a 1:55.555, doubt it! Darn, wish I had wi-fi in this office!

he is ;)

Wow, Sutil fastest with 1:56!!! That's 20 secs off the pace of last years cars!!! Last year a 1:56 would be considered as an outlap! Anyhoo, Rosberg 1:55.409, still on top!