Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

The Bahrain Gp Official Thread

Well, my dear friends, Mike has given me the heavy burden of commenting the Bahrain GP. With less than a week left before the Friday practice, it's time to pack my stuff and fly up there. My budget is a little tight to pay for the trip, but orders are orders.

So, with the USD 50 I made for pimping out my mother and sisters for the past month, plus my lifetime savings, one kidney and my beautiful hair sold on eBay, I was finally able to pay for the air fare.

Stay tuned for updates on my adventures in Bahrain and, of course, the Bahrain GP!

I see in the news that Virgin, HRT and Lotus have all been granted a handicap start. They will start the race on the Wednesday morning. The FIA is predicting that for them to finish only one lap down on the rest of the field they will need to start some 96-hours earlier.....this of course was worked out using the Duckworth-Lewis scoring system...

Well, my dear friends, Mike has given me the heavy burden of commenting the Bahrain GP. With less than a week left before the Friday practice, it's time to pack my stuff and fly up there. My budget is a little tight to pay for the trip, but orders are orders.

So, with the USD 50 I made for pimping out my mother and sisters for the past month, plus my lifetime savings, one kidney and my beautiful hair sold on eBay, I was finally able to pay for the air fare.

Stay tuned for updates on my adventures in Bahrain and, of course, the Bahrain GP!

:clap3:

I see in the news that Virgin, HRT and Lotus have all been granted a handicap start. They will start the race on the Wednesday morning. The FIA is predicting that for them to finish only one lap down on the rest of the field they will need to start some 96-hours earlier.....this of course was worked out using the Duckworth-Lewis scoring system...

:lol:

9 Days, 5 Hours, 42 Minutes to the Bahrain GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great, we get two races for the price of one this season! Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull et all all in the good race, Lotus, Virgin and Hispania in the not-so-good race. Bring it on!

This is great, we get two races for the price of one this season! Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull et all all in the good race, Lotus, Virgin and Hispania in the not-so-good race. Bring it on!

....and to think at one point the manufacturers were worried about introducing the new teams....blink.gif

....and to think at one point the manufacturers were worried about introducing the new teams....blink.gif

Yes, think of the boost to the ratings! :P

So Andres, are you posting your report in this thread or will you start a new one for it? Oh, and remember not to order any porkchop sandwiches while you're over there....very bad.

This will be the one and only official Bahrain thread. All my reports from now on will be made in this thread: from practice to race.

I already have a flight booked on Yemenite Airlines, they have a nice Lada powered Antonov plane fitted with the latest in airplane comfort technology (according to the leaflet) so I think it will be a pleasant, 5-day flight to Bahrain.

You will read my first reports from there soon! Nothing worries me about the flight. When I asked at Yemenite Airlines if I should be concerned about anything during the flight they said "Nothing. Bah, rain, perhaps."

Har har har!

See what I did there? "Bah, rain" as in "Bahrain" get it??

Geez...tough crowd...

Anything to worry about? Ermm, actually getting going if it's Lada powered? Oh well, saves costs I guess. :P

I already have a flight booked on Yemenite Airlines, they have a nice Lada powered Antonov plane fitted with the latest in airplane comfort technology (according to the leaflet) so I think it will be a pleasant, 5-day flight to Bahrain.

I hope they have the windscreen fitted. laugh.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gif hahahaha

Can't wait myself!

The best thing for me is seeing Button's car with a big fat number 1 on there.

But I'm really looking forward to reading Andres report.

Whoo hoo, nearly time to hear the engines roaring for the first time this season.

I just hope this weather improves for race weekend!!!

The forecast in Bahrain for the next few days seems to be a ok:

If it wasn't for that vid I'd have said something along the lines of "Of course, the Bahrain never gets any crap weather!" :P

Geez now you tell us! You're not looking to make a little extra spending money by any chance...?

Can't wait myself!

The best thing for me is seeing Button's car with a big fat number 1 on there.

But I'm really looking forward to reading Andres report.

Guess from next week we will become sworn enemies.... :D

Guess from next week we will become sworn enemies.... :D

:roll: only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.