Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

What You Missed While Looking For A Pass

:roll::lol:

It's an interesting article but I don't think it's really getting to the heart of the matter either. Everyone knows how to make the cars more suitable for racing and hence more sensible. But it's a political rather than a technical challenge.

Truth.

Overconfidence? I didn't see any. Where did you see it? Were you taken in by the press hype? MS is no Alonso, he doesn't waste time talking himself up. Quite the opposite, he's one of the very few drivers who comes out and says hey my teammate was faster today. Schumacher doesn't do overconfidence, when exactly did you hear him say that he'll thrash nico?

You must have missed it while looking for a pass.

I find all this talk about changing X, Y and Z pretty pointless. It'll probably just end up in a knee-jerk reaction making things horribly worse because people's judgement was clouded of what happened in just one race.

Well, yeah, this is primarily knee-jerk reactions, but the tires are probably a long-term issue. That's usually not limited to one race.

Well, yeah, this is primarily knee-jerk reactions, but the tires are probably a long-term issue. That's usually not limited to one race.

Bridgstone didn't know what to expect with all the rule changes. They are most likely hard at work altering the tyre compound. If not, then the drivers will, with experience find the limits of the tyres. Either way, it will sort itself out.

Bridgstone didn't know what to expect with all the rule changes. They are most likely hard at work altering the tyre compound. If not, then the drivers will, with experience find the limits of the tyres. Either way, it will sort itself out.

Not it wont.

The ban on refueling has made things even even worse, and Bridgestone won't do Sh#t about it because they're leaving the sport.

The only times overtaking went up over the last 15-20 years was when the tire manufactures produced really really gripper tires (1997 v.s 1996; 2003 and 2004 when the groves got to 97 slicks grip and 2006 ), witch lasted for 1 or 2 seasons till the rules were changed to slow down the cars.

Well, you're using all your speed, but depending on which position you are in, which tyres, the tyre wear, and you see some cars getting quicker, some keeping the same lap times. But I think everyone agrees that 80 per cent of the races are finished after 70 per cent of the race, and they were always finished after the second pitstop. Now we most probably have only one-stop races, the races will be finished - unless we see problems - earlier. When you had a bit of strategy play you could see more action on the track.

There are many factors that put together make overtaking very difficult, and it will be like this forever unless you take road cars and paint them like F1 cars. It's normal that the higher category you go to, the harder overtaking is. I just say that it looks like it is more difficult [in 2010] because somehow you have to not think about this lap, but to bring the car home. The new regulations, the refuelling ban, put much more stress into everything and makes it more difficult.

Oooh such a rapier-sharp response...

Oh grow up, you really have nothing better to do? At least you took my advice and started posting non sequiturs in the GW thread again (this study says maybe it's not so bad if we eat meat therefore the world isn't warming. Keep it there please :) The rest of the forum is of a far higher quality..

You must have missed it while looking for a pass.

Haha Mike. But you didn't answer my question, that you seem to have made up a myth of an overconfident bullish Michael, who never existed.

Steph can feel herself at boiling point.....

Haha Mike. But you didn't answer my question, that you seem to have made up a myth of an overconfident bullish Michael, who never existed.

Firstly, I like Michael.

Secondly, you are wrong.

Of COURSE he was bullish. If he wanted something, he would go after it like a red rag to a bull. Example target: Championship. Victim: Damon Hill.

The overconfidence came in 1997 when he thought he could do the same to Jacques Villeneuve, but instead got himself disqualified.

Oh, Cav. Before you accuse me of stepping in, I wanted to answer - its a forum!! Thats my view.

Oh grow up, you really have nothing better to do? At least you took my advice and started posting non sequiturs in the GW thread again (this study says maybe it's not so bad if we eat meat therefore the world isn't warming. Keep it there please :) The rest of the forum is of a far higher quality..

Oh sorry were you talking to me, or just breaking wind?

Firstly, I like Michael.

Secondly, you are wrong.

Of COURSE he was bullish. If he wanted something, he would go after it like a red rag to a bull. Example target: Championship. Victim: Damon Hill.

The overconfidence came in 1997 when he thought he could do the same to Jacques Villeneuve, but instead got himself disqualified.

Oh, Cav. Before you accuse me of stepping in, I wanted to answer - its a forum!! Thats my view.

Why would I have a problem with you giving your view?? I have a problem with people who step in with personal attacks, to air their own grudges.

What does 1997 have to do with anything?? And what do you mean I am wrong - prove it. Give me one quote that suggests Michael was bullish about his return and assumed he blow Rosberg away.

97. He was overconfident in assuming that he could take JV off track for a repeat performance of Hill '95. That to me was an overconfident bullish move. You asked earlier to provide examples of when he has ever done this. I'm not saying he's been that way with Nico Hairberg, merely suggesting he should be. Thats the Michael that gets the job done.

It's all in how one interprets body language. Between the two of us, we're just guessing about this point because you don't have a magical emotional link into Michael's brain either to properly support your opinion ;) . I will grant that 'overconfidence' is a bit of a hindsight kind of thing. I'll ammend it to be supremely confident.

But since you've asked, and I've gotten my clever comment out, I'll tell you straight what I noticed. During the pre-race, they aired an interview with Mikey done at, I believe, a testing session. He was wearing a smug-looking, knowing smile and was very upbeat. He was clearly 'bullish' to my observation of it. Now fast forward to his bullpen interview after qualifying and the half smile looked strained to me as he explained why he was slower than Nico (tho he didn't refer to it directly). This same look on his face became, if possible, even more strained in the post-race bullpen interview and he admitted that he has a lot of work to do (to catch up to Nico).

All that being said, I find that I've become a fan of the old German. I'm not sure when that happened, but there it is. I look eagerly towards the next few races to see if he gains that 'eye of the tiger' back again.