Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Time To Come Clean

Time to let you peeps know what is going on with moi, I have ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. I'm having a rough time dealing with my inevitable end as is is advancing with rapidity. Say what you will, I've enjoyed a fair and full life and will stick around while I can. Sh#te doesn't seem as important as I once thought, so I'm going to act normal and live my days as best I can.

No this is not an Eric scam, but my...........................will to fight for my life again after my cancer fight is not there again, not that this one s winable.

Enjoy your life as much as you can near the people you love!

That I plan on

I always thought of you as an inspiration Bruce, especially after the last time. Don't you dare ****ing quit now.

Hang in there, Brucey baby. My thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear that.

Make sure you have one for the road before the end.

Raise the middle finger to those that tell you to move along, when you've stopped to take in a view, whilst they are too obsessed with their cellphones to see for themselves.

Smile to those that sit with you quietly, they may not have the words but they are with you in every way possible.

Love. Laugh. Get lost on a road trip.

Settle your affairs, then throw a big party. Celebrate what came before that moment.

Enjoy to the end.

All the best,

Craig

Sorry to hear that.

Make sure you have one for the road before the end.

Raise the middle finger to those that tell you to move along, when you've stopped to take in a view, whilst they are too obsessed with their cellphones to see for themselves.

Smile to those that sit with you quietly, they may not have the words but they are with you in every way possible.

Love. Laugh. Get lost on a road trip.

Settle your affairs, then throw a big party. Celebrate what came before that moment.

Enjoy to the end.

All the best,

Craig

Bruce, I obviously don't know you as well as the long-time members of the forum do although I have read and enjoyed your posts over the last 9 months and I have been told of your high standing and character by said members in private exchanges. But to pretend to ignore your announcement would be stupid and callous. I couldn't help but be warmed by the eloquent and heart-felt words of our New Zealand friend. Here he speaks for me as well.

David

I can't say it better than Guille already did. I have nothing but respect for you, Bruce, but I plan on continuing to wind you up for a long time yet. :P Very best wishes, mon ami.

Sorry to hear that, Bruce. But glad to hear you lived a full life, the quote always stands: "it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Really sorry bout this! ALS reminded me of Morrie Schwartz, read his story in Religion class (don't know what it has to do with Religion but) I found it boring (but I find every book boring) but then I saw the DVD I saw what it can do so all I can say is do whatever you wanted to do all your life cos time is running out!

Sorry to hear that, all I can tell you right now is that I'll be praying for you and even when you fell like that, never give up hope as long as you are alive you should fight to stay that way, I know we are all heading the same way and you still may see some of us going ahead but you never know what's in the future, I know people who a doctor gave them an expiration date but the came and pass and they are still here, but mind is a good ally maybe the best one you can have, so the best you can do now IMO is to try to enjoy it the best you can now to make good use of the time but to find that motivation to keep you fighting, even if you don't believe in miracles, they do happen and maybe it is the mind the one that creates them, but we need a positive mind in order to make them happen, I really want to keep listening from you for a very long time or at least as long as I am here, so that's my advise to you.

I'm proud to have met you indirectly through this forum, Bruce. From the little I've known of you, I can tell you're somebody worth looking up to. Cheers for taking the time to update us about yourself. It ain't over till you see that checkered flag!!!

Hi Bruce, sorry to hear about your illness - but knowing damn well (no matter what you say!) you'll never give up, I was curious about this,

"....There are medically documented cases of people in whom ALS ‘burns out,’ stops progressing or progresses at a very slow rate....."

...that I found here, http://www.alsa.org/als/what.cfm

I really hope it's true that yours becomes one of these 'burn out' cases, and you can stay and take the p**s out of those that deserve it. And those that don't too ;)

Hi Bruce, sorry to hear about your illness - but knowing damn well (no matter what you say!) you'll never give up, I was curious about this,

...that I found here, http://www.alsa.org/als/what.cfm

I really hope it's true that yours becomes one of these 'burn out' cases, and you can stay and take the p**s out of those that deserve it. And those that don't too ;)

I wish mine would "burn out" unfortunately mine is accelerating like Schumi down the straight.

hey thanks to all of you peeps for the heartfelt wishes, I've not given up, but I know I have to face up.

I'll still be ornery as ever whilst I can tap out letters with one finger(yeah the middle one hehe).

I wish mine would "burn out" unfortunately mine is accelerating like Schumi down the straight.

Judging by Bahrain, you have a while yet to live. ;)

I'll shoot you a call in the next week, my friend.

You better stay around, old fart, because you know I am ready to take over and rename this as "Totalitarian F1"

Everybody will get to be a mod. That's right, even Cav!

It won't matter, anyways because I will retain all the power for myself.

Now you know!

When I found out the mods on this forum were not an urban legend, I smiled.

I don't now.

It takes guts to live with something like ALS. You've got my respect.

All I can say is that the walk goes on passed all gates.

Bruce, I know you like all things Beatles and that reminds me of an adopted phrase in one half of our footballing culture in this city - you'll never walk alone.

A shame about what's happened to you, Bruce. I hope you send your problems packing (against all odds) and get back to being fit as a fiddle. Having said that, your post sends out an air of acceptance of finality. So, don't get me wrong, but at the least you owe it to yourself (and your near and dear ones) not to die a vegetable. Exit the world 'healthy' if you know what I mean. To that end, I hope you are ok with the idea of euthanasia.

Anyhow, keep the flame burning brightly against the raging wind.

I wish you all the best, Bruce. A life in hopeful expectation and love. The important things sorted and enjoying everything you still can do.

It's really sad to hear this from you.

You are a really special person/personality and that's obvious through your posts.

What is good to see is that your spirit is intact through the way you express yourself, so maybe you can fight this as much as possible, even though you say different.

In another note, you actually inspired my -not so inspirational- username!

I was watching this forum a long time before I joined and you were just about the only, long time, real Ferrari supporter around here so you were my favorite!

I couldn't decide what my username would be and then I saw your "old fart tifosi" you used to have on your sig!

So, since I was just a "tifosi' as well, I ended up with "tifosi too"!!!