Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Australian Grand Prix Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's here finally the season opener proper, not a silly example of Formula Ones version of follow the leader in the middle of the desert. It's now time for real fans to fill the stands in a vibrant Multi cultural city, boasting a picture perfect street circuit. This is Australia, the real season opener, so lets forget what happened in Bahrain and look forward to what has all the makings to be one of the best seasons in recent history.

Well I'm here in Melbourne gearing up for the Grand Prix weekend and reporting to you live with my thoughts and pictures direct from Albert Park all weekend as well has having the very daunting task of a full race report, I say daunting after the effort from Bahrian Andres put forth.

Today was a bit of a transit day really (not all that exciting), had and 8am flight from Brisbane, Queensland to Melbourne, Victoria (Google to follow closely) with Vigin Blue. The flight is about 2hrs and not that exciting it did all the things planes are meant to do and landed safely.

Once on the ground in Melbourne I caught the bus to the city to check-in to the pre booked accomodation. Riveting reading huh?? Then it was time to head to the track after some Maccas for lunch. After about a 15 minute tram ride to the track I made it for the V8 supercars practice session. The weather was quite warm today hitting a max of about 29 degrees. With some bite in the direct sunlight. Good for track temps if it continues.

After the V8's it was across to the paddock area where the who's who of Formula One enter and exit the high security Paddock and Paddock Club. Today I managed to get pictures of;

Jessica Michibata (Jenson's girlfriend)

Anne Neal (Mark Webber's other half)

Eddie Jordan (complete with pink shoes)

Mick Doohan

Lucas Di Grassi

Sam Michael

Ross Brawn

Rubens Barrichello

Some hot reporter for Spanish TV Lasexta

Rodger (Mark Webbers trainer)

Daniel Ricciardo

Herbie Blash (FIA)

Vitantonio Liuzzi

Felipe Massa

Fernando Alonso (Well he just kept walking :eusa_think: )

Mike Gascoyne

Jaime Alguersuari

Bruno Senna

Nico Rosberg

Seb Buemi

Ended up hanging out there for about 4 hours chatting with some guys from Sydney. But it was time to head off with no sign of Michael, no doubt still pouring over last years data from the BGP001 only to shake his head at Nico when he thought it was getting out of hand all this homework before a wheel has turned in the new cars and left.

Back to the boring bits, (well its all boring today but trying to keep you all riding with me for the weekend) Caught the tram back to the CBD to head for the pub for a well earnt beer and meal, only to have some clown sit across from me with some other muppet mates declearing to the world that he isn't a believer in deodorant. Hmmmmmmm OK :eusa_think:

After dinner it was off to the supermarket to get general supplies for the weekend. Just around the corner from where I'm staying the Melbourne Comedy Festival is taking place, also the Aussie rules season started tonight so 70,000+ fans attended the game at the M.C.G. So the city is a buzz with people at the moment, Melbourne always turns it on.

Looking forward to tomorrow now, the weather prediction is 17 - 26 degrees with possible late afternoon showers. Which is exactly when FP2 takes place between 4.30pm and 6.00pm Many of the teams will possibly be looking to doing some meaningful running in FP1 with the catch being and extremely green track surface if indeed rain looks likely.

Well thats a wrap from me hope your all still awake :unsure:

I'll post anything of value from the iPhone tomorrow.

Nathan

Ladies and Gentlemen, I managed to get pictures of;............

Jessica Michibata (Jenson's girlfriend)........I'll post anything of value from the iPhone tomorrow.

Nathan

Well, when you get those pics up, you'll make me very happy :wub:

Thanks for the live update Nathan, sounds like it's a terrific place to be - so have a ball!

Well, when you get those pics up, you'll make me very happy :wub:

Thanks for the live update Nathan, sounds like it's a terrific place to be - so have a ball!

As requested :D

sl371537.jpg

Elgo might be able to help me out with the name of the pretty Lesexta presenter???

sl371563.jpg

Thanks Nathan. But don't bother with pics of drivers, just concentrate on the real attraction of F1.... anyone that looks like Itchymattathingy :drool:

This TF1 Race Reports system is going well, pity we didn't do this last year otherwise I would've done an excellent report on the Italian GP! But Nathan always reports on the Oz GP & I'm sure he'll do a bril job :thbup: !

Meh...not bad, Nathan...not bad at all. :P

BTY, that La Sexta beauty is called Nira Juanco, and the way she grabs that mic makes me think about...oops. Focus, Andrés, focus!

Excelent job, Nathan! If my report makes you guys write stuff like this then I feel I've done my job! ;)

Is so different when you read a report and know that the reporter is actually reporting instead of making up BS to fill in some space :lol:

Keep'em coming!

Thanks Nathan. Looks like you're having a great time! I've never been in such sunshine - how do you Aussies cope. And that Nira Juanco is enough to make 'me a w#nker'... but I'm sure she's heard that one before.

:lol:

Eddie Jordan is a legend. He looks like he's flown in straight from Barbados. But why is he buying official merchandise I wonder.

Great pics!

Now, does anybody know if SpeedTv broadcast at 2 AM is the only game in town for the USA? Is Fox going to rebroadcast Sunday PM? Help!

Oh, heck, my son has a Lacrosse game on Sunday at 2:30PM.. so I'll either miss it, or be very tired during the game. Darn!

Quick question does the live timing still work€???? I keep getting a message saying " First timed session will be Free Practise 1" yet nothing is there????

Kubica first in practice 1!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

OK, who is sandbagging???nono1.gif

Live report between FP1 & FP2

differcult to get a read on FP1 due to the various fuel loads and green track. The Sauber of Koby had a moment taking off the left hand side of the front wing going into turn 11. Subsequently he had another incident involving the front wing in the dying minutes as the front wing broke on the run down to 3 I think.

The Renault looks good as do McLaren and Force India. I suspect Red Bull and Ferrari are yet to show their true pace. Special mention goes to di resta for Force India in his first F1 practice session. To lap within sight of what luizzi managed is a great effort indeed.

Air temp was about 28 degrees and track temp was at about 41 degrees. Temp has dropped suddenly here with a cool breeze. Must be approx 22 degrees at the moment.