Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Hamster In Trouble With Oz Police

can't confirm this story yet but the late news on channel 10 is reporting that hamster got pulled over by the victorian police for going over the speed limit and doing a couple of burnouts.......the police have impounded his merc for 24 hrs....will try to post some links asap...they said that he has some serious explaining to do...

What's new? Racing driver likes messing about in a quick car. It's hard to pass judgement unless we know the area, i.e. how wide was the road, how busy was it, were there pedestrians nearby? Speeding on a motorway is different to speeding on a residential street.

It says he was doing burnouts? Usually you do that to impress people? Perhaps he was playing to a crowd..

Intelligence was never one of Lewis most charming traits. As for the judgement, I wouldn't think all this has any relevance, except when we talk about how Renault should have been banned from F1 for the incredible danger in the Crash gate. If so, then what does an F1 driver, performing antics in an uncontrolled enviroment in a crowded city???

Crash gate was cheating and derving of punishment for that, but criminal? Then here you have Nelson Piquet Jr, II. Some concepts create a trap for ourselves when we use them.

I can't tell whether you are replying to me or not Andres, but just to clarify I meant "we" should consider those factors when "we" judge him; there are different degrees of stupidity if you are going to speed. If all Lewis did was drive away quickly (with wheelspin) when he was leaving the circuit (probably to impress some fans who may have been behind some fences or something) then that's different than if he was driving like an idiot in a residential street or something like that, and obviously I would judge him less harshly (although both things are probably stupid).

Obviously, it doesn't really matter about those factors for the police because speeding is speeding.

I can't tell whether you are replying to me or not Andres, but just to clarify I meant "we" should consider those factors when "we" judge him; there are different degrees of stupidity if you are going to speed. If all Lewis did was drive away quickly (with wheelspin) when he was leaving the circuit (probably to impress some fans who may have been behind some fences or something) then that's different than if he was driving like an idiot in a residential street or something like that, and obviously I would judge him less harshly (although both things are probably stupid).

Obviously, it doesn't really matter about those factors for the police because speeding is speeding.

Nah, I was just thinking out loud. You will easily recoginize when I reply to you if you see the words a## and hole together. :whistling:

Bah, who am I kidding? I love you, George, you a##hole!

I love it. This is the sort of thing a racing driver should be caught doing. Very James Hunt. I approve.

Once again, Hamilton is the guiding light, showing us the way.

I love it. This is the sort of thing a racing driver should be caught doing. Very James Hunt. I approve.

Once again, Hamilton is the guiding light, showing us the way.

Amen...

Non-story as far as I am concerned.

He's not the first not the last racing driver to get done for speeding - I wasn't interested in the others, nor am I in this! :)

All true.

The story has been getting some attention here on TV thats for sure. I wonder if Lewis tried the "Do you know who I am" line???

I don't think that it is as serious as the reports make out at all. I agree with the what George said it would have just been wheelspin under accleration, the police have a very strong presence around the roads around the circuit, so very easy to get caught.

On a side note, a very well know Melbourne business man was killed just outside the gates to the Albert Park circuit in a motor cycle accident with a car yesterday. So Police will not tolerate any dangerous behaviour at all given the current circumstances.

I wonder if Lewis tried the "Do you know who I am" line???

If he did that then the policemen were very kind they didn't punch him.

The only thing worse you can say on such circumstances is "Do you know who my Dad is" line. Wait a min... eusa_think.gif

According to some sources, he actually said "Do you know who I am?", but seeing the noncommital look on the officer's faces he added: "Jarno Trulli!"

According to some sources, he actually said "Do you know who I am?", but seeing the noncommital look on the officer's faces he added: "Jarno Trulli!"

:lol:

:lol::lol::thbup:

I think it's disgusting.

Despicable.

How could he let himself down like that?

I mean - he's got a reputation to upkeep.

With a position such as his, comes responsibility.

He should be setting a far better example.

Kids look up to him - what will they think now?

Absolutely terrible.

It's bloody ridiculous.

If I were Whitmarsh I'd be having a right good chat to the boy.

11th for god's sake!

laugh.gif

I think someone needs to tell Lewis that next time he'd better watch in his mirrors for the police before he acts like a berk.

Yeah, I'm really showing I'm from Liverpool now.