Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Melbourne

39 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Melbourne??

• Button
    • Kubica
    • Massa
    • Nando
    • Nico
    • Hamilton
    • Liuzzi
    • Rubens
    • Webber
    • Schumi
    • Other

Who gets your vote?? Hamitlon for me, he was astonishing & coulda finished with more points, if it hadn't been for Webber! Kubica a very close 2nd, Button 3rd for winning & being very consistent! Also have to mention Chandhok for finishing!

Definately Button. Although he benefitted from Vettel's retirement, made the right call for tyres at the right time (very brave) and just managed his tyres from then on brilliantly! a champion drive

Lovely stuff!!!

would pick button, but in nando gets my vote..not biased but button made a perfect stop to gain position so he didnt really need to fight a lot for the win.. congrats to him..

Quite a few contenders for DOD this weekend.

I'm going to give it to Kubica for an all round excellent performance all weekend.

He put the Renault where it shouldn't be on the grid and then carried it through and spent most of the race fending off the Ferraris - didn't put a foot wrong.

Close second - Hamilton for the fireworks.

Curious that he pitted from 3rd for that second set of slicks - McLaren were probably banking on Ferrari doing the same, but soon after realised that Massa and Alonso could keep those tyres to the end. That made Hamilton's job significantly harder.

Had he stayed in 3rd and nt pitted, I wonder how bad his tyres would have been at the end - might the Ferraris have taken him anyway? We'll never know.

Great drive from 11th any who - but then 11th on the grid was his own doing.

Would have got DOD had Kubica not outdriven his car by such a huge margin.

Button - congrats - and good news for you Button fans. Didn't see him set the world on fire and Vettel's car basically let him down again. For the same reason I couldn't vote Alonso last week, I can't vote Button this one. They'll both get more chances than Kubica to earn a DOD this season anyway.

Failure of the Day goes to Webber again I'm afraid. Squandered a great grid position.

Why he remains in Red Bull I just don't know.

His team mate would have had 50 pts from the first 2 races had his car not let him down.

Webber had a perfect car both times (so no excuses) and sits on 6 pts - it'sjust crap - Red Bull out grew Webber last season - he just doesn't deserve that seat any more.

Kubica, for making wonders on a car that barely belongs to Q3. He not only had the luck to climb the ladder, he had the balls to defend it and quite well from the Ferraris, Nico and Hamilton. All that in a car that can barely stay on the road on a straight line. If only Renault could deliver a better car...come on, guys!

I agree about the fireworks from Lewis.

Button...mmmh...sorry, but the strategy was good, but he recognized that it was a team's decision on the radio. He did great to make it work on those difficult first laps on slicks, but he also crashed Alonso and ruined Michael's race at the start...maybe I'm biased against Button, but I still miss to see the special spark. He gets a consuetudinary "whoever finishes first gets a DoD" with some extra credit, though.

Alonso from last to 4th and wanting more...up there with Lewis on fireworks until Massa lulled him into sleep and resignation.

Chandhok, for driving the car home in one piece.

Webber, for a hardly fought race...until he decided that if Lewis would not make any idiotic move then it was his duty to do one. Sorry, Webbo, but you are no WDC material.

Liuzzi, the guy overtook Michael (I think twice) and some others so not just an inherited finish in the points.

And finally Vettel, which was as good as Button so he deserves a moral consuetudinary "whoever finishes first is DoD"

And next time somebody does a DoD thread with no multiple choice I will personally ask for the thread to be deleted. We keep asking for multiple choice for George's sake! Otherwise is pointless. Come to think of it...it is always pointless and I doubt any of us ever paid attention to who wins the forums DoD.

Jaime for p**sing Mikey boy off...hehehe....love to be a fly on the wall at the next GPDA meeting...hehe

Jaime for p**sing Mikey boy off...hehehe....love to be a fly on the wall at the next GPDA meeting...hehe

:lol: Yeah I forgot about that one!

Bet Michael was expecting blue flags when he tried to overtake Jaime.

Button for me......

Because he had the balls to call his own pitstop and tyre choice........Lewis learn from him and stop whinning about what happend today....get on with it...

I'll vote a bit later but for me it has to be either Hamilton or Alonso, maybe Kubica.

Alonso did well last race but during today's race he didn't show anything special other than surprisingly cool head to stay behind his team mate...Kubica and Lewis did far better....

Alonso did well last race but during today's race he didn't show anything special other than surprisingly cool head to stay behind his team mate...Kubica and Lewis did far better....

I didn't watch Kubica's race but I don't give too much credit holding Massa for some million laps. If he had been holding Hamilton or even Alonso it would be different.

I need to watch the whole race before I vote for any driver.

I didn't watch Kubica's race but I don't give too much credit holding Massa for some million laps. If he had been holding Hamilton or even Alonso it would be different.
He had been holding 2 seconds faster Hamilton behind for a few laps :D.

I need to watch the whole race before I vote for any driver.

I don't think he held up Massa....Ferrairs just didn't have the pace they showed two weeks back.....

I vote for Kubica for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread. Great dirve all round.

Interesting that Button called for the change of tyres and won the race as a result but Hamilton did not overrule the team when they asked him to come in. If he felt it was the wrong move then he should have stuck to his guns and stayed out. However, if felt his tyres were going off and the team called him in to give him a chance of improving position, or consolidating what he had, then he has no-one to blame but himself. So why try and place the team in a bad light?

To me it shows that Hamilton relies on the team for decisions more than Button will. Interesting to see if a similar situation happens during the season and what the outcome will be.

Adeus.

Hamster for having the most overtaking maneuvers of anybody......sixthgear lefthander on britney was fantastic.

You must join the Church.

I vote for Kubica for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread. Great dirve all round.

Interesting that Button called for the change of tyres and won the race as a result but Hamilton did not overrule the team when they asked him to come in. If he felt it was the wrong move then he should have stuck to his guns and stayed out. However, if felt his tyres were going off and the team called him in to give him a chance of improving position, or consolidating what he had, then he has no-one to blame but himself. So why try and place the team in a bad light?

To me it shows that Hamilton relies on the team for decisions more than Button will. Interesting to see if a similar situation happens during the season and what the outcome will be.

Adeus.

Exactly my thoughts, I think throughout Hamiltons F1 career its pretty clear he relies too much on the teams judgement rather than his own. Now great world champions make the right decisions and know when to do so. I mean there have been many a time when Lewis has made the wrong choice by listening to his team rathering than doing what he thinks is right. Austrailia last year for example (liegate), China 2007, Monza 2008 etc. This is something Lewis has to learn because if he wants to be the number one driver and lead the team, he needs to lead the team rather than the team leads him.

The Driver is driving the car not the strategist sitting in the garage.

In short, Lewis needs to grow some balls and say no to his team.

He had been holding 2 seconds faster Hamilton behind for a few laps biggrin.gif.

I will vote for him then but I have to watch the race first.

I don't think he held up Massa....Ferrairs just didn't have the pace they showed two weeks back.....

I think Alonso could have done a better job behind Kubica than Massa.

I have to wait 2 more hours for the replay. mad.gif

Button. Because I am as biased as they come and I don't need any other reason. Glad thats settled.

Obviously for me it was Button. I also doubt people had been expecting Button to claim Mclarens first 2010 victory too!

Funniest moment of the weekend.....although only people in oz might've watched this.....John Travolta walking with a couple of stewardesses after he got off his quantas jet and speaking in a "press conference" for about 30 seconds...."yea...i love speed and speed is one of the most exciting ....."