Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Melbourne

39 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Melbourne??

• Button
    • Kubica
    • Massa
    • Nando
    • Nico
    • Hamilton
    • Liuzzi
    • Rubens
    • Webber
    • Schumi
    • Other

Hope this will end once and for all those endless discussions about points system, bring back the simpler systems of old, and that the geniuses at the FIA, FOTA or whatever start discussing the actual issues instead of covering them with expensive make-up.

With that, bring back the old car design..stil hate the "new" look, no engine restriction..Only then we will see pure racing.

Cost saving?? yea right...who cares about that today??

And your bias is to call Alehop on it (right or wrong) and say nothing of bunches of other posters whose obsession with their object of worship is light years worse than Alehop or any other reasonable human being. In all truth, considering the violence of the forums against Alonso in particular, Alehop is behaving quite like a gentleman.

Indeed.

I read your play by play. However, Alonso was clearly much faster than Massa. If Massa had a chance with Kubica, it didn't require screwing up the team.

Yep... but "dangerous moves defending against" Alonso was against the best interest of the team.

Alonso was just behind Massa at some stage of the race before Rosberg, Webber and Hamilton pitted and Ferrari should have called him in because they could not know those would pit a second time. Alonso could have got new tyres and still kept his #th place. They didn't do it, and rightly so looking at the final result, but at that stage I think it was the best strategy for Alonso. He was the driver who needed to pit again to improve his result without risking his current result, who would have thought those drivers would pit twice?

Other than that I think what we saw today will be the way Massa/Ferrari will work every time he's ahead of Alonso or viceversa. No matter whether he is quicker or slower than his team mate.

Hey you should've seen me when I joined TF1 forums. The violence againts Alonso...

You should have seen maure when he joined TF1 forums. The violence against him... Go find the reason. It was not Alonso.

As for being bias, think of this as a analogy... Here in South Africa are these Afrikaner Boere. Some are racist and some not. It might not be right, but I like the ones that's racist cause they will show you immediately and you know where you stand... so to speak. It's painful pretending to be otherwise.

If you hate Alonso, the problem is yours and only yours.

Stick it in your stupid head!!!

I am cool, what makes you think I'm not?

Was a joke on Rob Smedley's comments for Massa when...oh, nevermind!

This is really a great topic! Maybe we should start one on who holds what allegiance. Adam is now a Petrov fan so... :P

I vote for Kubica for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread. Great dirve all round.

Interesting that Button called for the change of tyres and won the race as a result but Hamilton did not overrule the team when they asked him to come in. If he felt it was the wrong move then he should have stuck to his guns and stayed out. However, if felt his tyres were going off and the team called him in to give him a chance of improving position, or consolidating what he had, then he has no-one to blame but himself. So why try and place the team in a bad light?

To me it shows that Hamilton relies on the team for decisions more than Button will. Interesting to see if a similar situation happens during the season and what the outcome will be.

Adeus.

I'm not sure about that. Some drivers are smarter than others, that's for sure, and possibly Lewis isn't the smartest out there. But all drivers often do what their team suggests is a good strategy without understanding all the assumptions built in to it. Claims that certain drivers develop cars, motivate teams or (especially) plan strategies tend to be exaggerated imho. The inters weren't working well for Jenson and he'd just been passed by his team mate so he took a gamble that paid off handsomely in this case.

Having just seen the race build up, I want to change my vote.

Petrov was the most amazingly stereotypical Russian in any hollywood movie you care to mention that he 'must to have DOD'.

I may have to start supporting a driver for the first time in 20 or so years.

:lol:

So, (for all you Rocky V fans) how long before Petrow comes up to Kubica and says: "I must crrrrush you???

:D

It seems he had some breaking problem.

Right you are! :P

I disagree actually....Kubica has everything that is needed in a worldchamp, but I don't think his car is that much off the pace..he did shine well during the winter tests.....his team-mate is so bad that Kubica looks so pretty....just my opinion....because Renault too was one of the teams that invested time during last season for focus more on this year's car...

Glad you said that. That's what I was thinking reading this thread. He did a good job but it's impossible to say how good as always. I find it hard to imagine that Kubica did a massively better job than Alonso did, for example, so probably there was a bit of luck involved and that Renault was OK in those conditions.

Not really, except that Whitmarsh also eager to show that Button was actually the guy that made the call seems even more suspicious :P

I meant if anybody sees a replay of the radiocommunications after the race to hear wether Jenson said what I think he says, which is a thank you to the team for making the tire call.

Didn't hear that. Maybe he was talking about staying out on one set of slicks until the end rather than pitting around lap 35 as Lewis did for new slicks, whereas Whitmarsh was talking about the change to slicks early on.

I am cool, what makes you think I'm not?

No, I'm the coolest. I did enjoy your Alonso bashing though! The guy almost ruined Button's race - I think the red mist came down once Massa got the better of him at the start.

No, I'm the coolest. I did enjoy your Alonso bashing though! The guy almost ruined Button's race - I think the red mist came down once Massa got the better of him at the start.

I'm late to the forum today; however, I did vote before reading any posts, and gave DOD to Kubica. A number of drivers showed good stuff during the race but he did more with less. Hats off to him.

:thbup:

and...you did'nt get it....don't worry, I don't blame you

excl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gif

I am not worried at all, what makes you think I am?

excl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gif

Dod: Kubi

Special mention to Lewis, Nando and Button.

I like to point the RedBull karma: on one side first rate driver+awasome car+reliability problems on the other side First rate relliability +awasome car + driver problems both equations doesn´t close! Webber is only an average driver even worst than Rubinho!

What happened to MSC? When the rain hit the track all were waiting for his "plus" as a driver... but he is an ex-one, isn´t it?

Dod: Kubi

Special mention to Lewis, Nando and Button.

I like to point the RedBull karma: on one side first rate driver+awasome car+reliability problems on the other side First rate relliability +awasome car + driver problems both equations doesn´t close! Webber is only an average driver even worst than Rubinho!

What happened to MSC? When the rain hit the track all were waiting for his "plus" as a driver... but he is an ex-one, isn´t it?

Ah...Schumi, Schumi...I've been thinking about that a lot. I mean, many of us Schumi haters believe that the guy was good, but not the god on earth the fans wanted us te believe he was. However, I still give him some credit. I think he had a super Ferrari in his days, but he also posessed enormous talent (too bad he rather relied on blue flags, dirty tricks and Rubinho rather than his own natural talent!). That said, I never expected him to struggle this much. The on board cameras showed his usual smooth driving. You didn't see him on the brink of disaster all the time, contrary to Massa or Webber. But he just didn't have the pace. And I don't think he just needs to come to terms with the car. Asutralia is a circuit he knows better than anybody else (except Rubinho), there was rain (!), and the MGP is a little off pace, but nothing even a still rusty Schumi couldn't handle.

My guess? Something broke when Alonso collided with him. (I can't believe I am making excuses for the old b#####d)

He looks like an ex-ex-driver so far.

My guess? Something broke when Alonso collided with him. (I can't believe I am making excuses for the old b#####d)

I can't believe you did it. Poor Schumi he must be really screwed.

Funny, that Button insisted so much that the tire call was entirely a product of his own genius. I said that he won due to a strategy that he admitted was from the team before hearing his many claims of being his. I wasn't just bashing Button because I hate his guts. I said that because I hear him saying on the team's radio while parading towards the podium on his car something like "Thank you guys! You were right about the tire change!"

Can anybody please confirm this?

no - you've made that up in that Button hating little head of yours - I've just ran the race back and checked...

JB - wooooooaaaahahaha - yeah hehehe - oooh that feels so good

ENGINEER - absolutely fantastic drive jenson - brilliant - this is just the start.

JB - guys - amazing job I think we er - we got that pitstop pretty much er - pretty much perfect. It was a bit slippery out there but erm - it was the right time. so er - yeah guys - fantastic job - congratulations to everyone - this is er, a great way to start the year.

I can stick it on an mp3 if you want.

:P

I'm thinking the team gave him options and Jens made a choice.

That's what his engineer said when interviewed after the race too. I guess they basically asked when he wanted to come in and he decided to take the jump. Which was brave considering that no one else had done it.

I meant if anybody sees a replay of the radiocommunications after the race to hear wether Jenson said what I think he says, which is a thank you to the team for making the tire call.

You think wrong, you Jenson-loathing, Button hater you.

This is really a great topic! Maybe we should start one on who holds what allegiance. Adam is now a Petrov fan so... :P

He will be to do big win in next race and not crashing.

Last word on Webber - having watched it back, Hamilton put 3 clean moves on Webber throughout the course of the race. In return, Webber passed Hamilton once and knocked him off the road twice (once around lap 20 also).

Red Bull really need to get a new driver.

If I'm going to start supporting my man Petrov, then I might just have to admit a growing anti-Webber bias too.

I'm not sure about that. Some drivers are smarter than others, that's for sure, and possibly Lewis isn't the smartest out there. But all drivers often do what their team suggests is a good strategy without understanding all the assumptions built in to it. Claims that certain drivers develop cars, motivate teams or (especially) plan strategies tend to be exaggerated imho. The inters weren't working well for Jenson and he'd just been passed by his team mate so he took a gamble that paid off handsomely in this case.

I take your point. Button's hand was forced by the fact that he couldn't get the inters to work for him and it was worth a punt on the slicks. However, the way Hamilton has said that it was the strategy (and therefore the team) were to blame for his result raised my eyebrow. If Hamilton believed that he could do the race without a second stop then he should of said so to them when he was asked to come in. He's the one with the steering wheel in his hands and the pedals at his feet.

Speaking of radio transmissions; how embarassing for Massa to be taught how to drive his car by Rob "Smog Monster" Smedley. It seems that whenever we hear radio from Massa it is always embarassing stuff, "Calm down Fileppe Baby!" Same that anytime we heard radio from Fissi when at Renult it was always "You've gotta push now," or "Alonso's 2 secs faster than you on the same tyre!" It does Massa's reputation no good whatsoever. I bet you the likes of Schumi, Alonso, Hamilton, Button would not allow a transmission like that to be broadcast if ever they were in that position, or if there was one broadcast, there cetainly wouldn't be a second one allowed.

I heard in the past that Schumi is a bit of a chatterbox in the car during the race, we hear nothing from him with radio transmissions, only Shov.

Adeus

no - you've made that up in that Button hating little head of yours - I've just ran the race back and checked...

I can stick it on an mp3 if you want.

:P

That's what his engineer said when interviewed after the race too. I guess they basically asked when he wanted to come in and he decided to take the jump. Which was brave considering that no one else had done it.

You think wrong, you Jenson-loathing, Button hater you.

He will be to do big win in next race and not crashing.

Last word on Webber - having watched it back, Hamilton put 3 clean moves on Webber throughout the course of the race. In return, Webber passed Hamilton once and knocked him off the road twice (once around lap 20 also).

Red Bull really need to get a new driver.

If I'm going to start supporting my man Petrov, then I might just have to admit a growing anti-Webber bias too.

Thanks for that Adam, saved me a job with the JB info, Webbo needs to chill out.... but Petrov? Other than that, top postage Sir!

Andres is even more upset because JB didn't perform a disappearing trick at the first corner. :P

Quite the contrary. The team was pleased with 3rd and 4th , Massa was more than pleased settling for 3rd and ultimately we saw Alonso settling for 4th, too.

The morals of this story is that the endless arguments each year about the points systems are a total waste of time. They have tried everything but imaginary numbers using the idiotic concept that more points will hide the million absurd rules they are making. In the end, both drivers and teams still drive conservatively no matter what kind of points they get for first. Hope this will end once and for all those endless discussions about points system, bring back the simpler systems of old, and that the geniuses at the FIA, FOTA or whatever start discussing the actual issues instead of covering them with expensive make-up.

Quite the contrary. It matters birdsht that Massa was pleased, he wears tattered skivvies for fck sake. Besides which, no matter what the "settlement" was, it was not in favor of Ferrari. Massa couldn't get more but Alonso could've... if his slower teammate had gotten out of the way.

Hey you should've seen me when I joined TF1 forums. The violence againts Alonso was enormous. I hate the guy! I think his 1st world title was won in a phoney way, inheriting wins as he went along. Same thing happened last race, did you watch? If you can't remember please watch the 2010 Bahrain race again. and now some spanish nincompoop sponsor is the cause of dragging my favourite driver out of his seat and given it to this donkey driver. Watch Alonso drives kerbs, see him seesaw the steering wheel, his technique mimicks that of a donkey. I don't think he's in the class of Schumacher, neither Kimi. I sincerely hope this was sufficient Alonso bashing violence, if it aint I'll try to improve...

As for being bias, think of this as a analogy... Here in South Africa are these Afrikaner Boere. Some are racist and some not. It might not be right, but I like the ones that's racist cause they will show you immediately and you know where you stand... so to speak. It's painful pretending to be otherwise.

You are coming unstuck, my friend.

Alonso was just behind Massa at some stage of the race before Rosberg, Webber and Hamilton pitted and Ferrari should have called him in because they could not know those would pit a second time. Alonso could have got new tyres and still kept his #th place. They didn't do it, and rightly so looking at the final result, but at that stage I think it was the best strategy for Alonso. He was the driver who needed to pit again to improve his result without risking his current result, who would have thought those drivers would pit twice?

Other than that I think what we saw today will be the way Massa/Ferrari will work every time he's ahead of Alonso or viceversa. No matter whether he is quicker or slower than his team mate.

Jesus-fcking-crist save Ferrari if that is their strategy.

You should have seen maure when he joined TF1 forums. The violence against him... Go find the reason. It was not Alonso.

Well, the reason was not my exceedingly and unbelievably good looks. Could certainly have been, but that wasn't it.

I simply talk back... where only some consider themselves allowed.

Some drivers are smarter than others, that's for sure, and possibly Lewis isn't the smartest out there.

There goes a smile, my friend.

Bless your insight.

My guess? Something broke when Alonso collided with him.

I figure what broke was his radio so that he couldn't get Rosberg's telemetry any longer.

I mean, come on!, Schumacher is a perennial step behind his teammate.

Thanks for that Adam, saved me a job with the JB info, Webbo needs to chill out.... but Petrov? Other than that, top postage Sir!

Whenever you or Andres start to agree with me, I feel like I'm on shaky ground. 1 out of two ain't bad, but still - you've got me worried.

On the other hand, you appear to have an issue with my Petrov prediction, which means I'm definately right on that one.

He is to be best driver in going fast car. You will his dust be seeing.

Andres is even more upset because JB didn't perform a disappearing trick at the first corner. :P

No - he pulled off the old 'spin the spaniard' routine - a bit like spin the bottle, but without the kissing.

:eekout:

:lol: @John and Adam.

I believe you, Adam. You posted all the "er" which means your transcript is legit.

@John, sorry, I would like to like the kid (Button is really nice and charismatic) but somehow nothing he has done so far convinces me. I certainly don't hate him, but he fails to impress me every time. All I can say is that what he is doing this year is earning my respect for him more than anything he could have done last year, as this year he has to make both the car and the team to work for him. Judging by the increasingly grouchy Lewis, I'd say he is achieving something inside the team.

As for the pure genius of the strategy, like somebody else pointed out, had he made his inters last a little bit longer like everybody else insetad of destroying them in just 6 laps, he would have had the same strategy as everybody else. It wasn't a call of genius, as it was pretty much a mandatory call. What was good, though, was that he managed to keep the car on track afterwards.

Jesus-fcking-crist save Ferrari if that is their strategy.

Stefano-fcking-Domenicali or Luca-fcking-Cordero-di-fcking-Montezemolo I would say.

Kubeetza no question, and vindication for people who have always said he was awesome - me, some bald dudde, but his opinion doesn't count because he likes Alonso, so just me really.

Stefano-fcking-Domenicali or Luca-fcking-Cordero-di-fcking-Montezemolo I would say.

they have started screwing ups in strategy since dominicali has taken over

Massa has b ecame Ferraris Lewis Hamilton :mf_tongue:(minus his talents)