Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shields

Shummacher Myths To Be Destroyed One By One...

He he he - what a silly thread.

I thought my myths were way better, but everyone just ignored them - boo hoo.

If we're having a stupid competition, I'd like to sling Andres name into the hat - that stupid snooklebameriserface!

No, you don't have to but I would like to know the answer naughty.gif

Why is that? Are you a gossip? smile.gif

[I dont think the whole difference will be in his age this season... Ok maybe he will be 80-90% of what he used to be... But what is more important is that now he have to prove against a decent driver (even if he Rosberg hasnt proved anything yet...)

Soooo, if Schumi were to beat Rosberg over the season, would you still say fair play to the guy, he has beaten a decent driver?

Why is that? Are you a gossip? smile.gif

I don't know what you mean but I like gossip at least in the dominican meaning of the translated word :ph34r:

I don't know what you mean but I like gossip at least in the dominican meaning of the translated word ph34r.gif

So you love knowing about other people's life? I knew it anyway, that explains your fixation with Alonso. I just hope it is not sexual in a freudian way. Or maybe I do hope so? tongue.gif

Hmmm. Lesse.....do I have the energy to post something meaningful here?

Hm.

Nope. Shields completely misses the point of Mikey's return and I don't feel like explaining it further.

I came here (not) to say this!

But this is what I would have said if I bothered to reply in this thread!

And i'm not bothered, obviously, I'm I?

So you love knowing about other people's life? I knew it anyway, that explains your fixation with Alonso. I just hope it is not sexual in a freudian way. Or maybe I do hope so? tongue.gif

That was dispicable :angry: but yes I like to know about other people's life specially of those that I know B) but who doesn't? :unsure: aren't we all like that? :P

I politely answered when you questioned me about background. Why didnt you do the same?[/color]

It was a rhetorical question sorry. I really don't care about your background. My point is the quality of your posts makes you sound like someone with a poor grasp of statistics, logic, and no ability to do any research or possessed with sheer intellectual laziness.

So MS is certainly the most successful driver in history. Of course he is one of the greatest. But can you conclude he was/is the greatest?

See again you're denying something noone ever suggested - has anyone in this thread said 'Schumacher is the greatest of all time'? No they haven't. You made it up. Then you try to disprove it. Wow. You're so smart.

Is the most scoring player in football necessarily the best player?[/color][/font]

That's such a terrible terrible terrible analogy. Seriously..

No my living is much more interesting than that.

I hope so for your sake. Maybe you accost people and accuse them of calling you a terrorist - must lead to interesting encounters.

Soooo, if Schumi were to beat Rosberg over the season, would you still say fair play to the guy, he has beaten a decent driver?

No. Because he already did that in 2006, where Massa was allowed to finish ahead of him when he earned it, like at Turkey.

No. Because he already did that in 2006, where Massa was allowed to finish ahead of him when he earned it, like at Turkey.

Allowed?

1.- Felipe Massa

2.- Fernando Alonso

3.- Michael Schumacher

How?

You're preaching to the converted. I am trying to establish a baseline.

All the drivers in the world that are and that ever been and that ever will be, are all pretty closely matched. A momentary lapse or a tiny piece of inspired thought can alter our perceptions massively. Michael Schumacher never has been and never will be anything extraordinary. He's just a good racing driver who approached his sport intelligently and got some help form some good people. He's now back because he wants some fun. Although I mentioned it many times before the season started, very few of you considered the possibility that his comeback may just be ordinary.

But please, carry on. The hilarity of the spurious nonsense is a timely and welcome distraction.

I'll just add that MS can't get around a circuit as quickly as Rob Wilson.

I'll let y'all research that if you're up for it.

Otherwise.

blllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All the drivers in the world that are and that ever been and that ever will be, are all pretty closely matched. A momentary lapse or a tiny piece of inspired thought can alter our perceptions massively. Michael Schumacher never has been and never will be anything extraordinary. He's just a good racing driver who approached his sport intelligently and got some help form some good people. He's now back because he wants some fun. Although I mentioned it many times before the season started, very few of you considered the possibility that his comeback may just be ordinary.

But please, carry on. The hilarity of the spurious nonsense is a timely and welcome distraction.

Hm. Playing down Mikey's talent isn't the way to defend his lack of pace so far. The answer is probably more common than you've made his driving talent sound. I think that, like JV's return at Renault and Mika's poor testing form when he was considering a comeback, driver's who have been out of the sport for more than a year need a handful of races to get back into it again. Mika would have eentually found his form just as JV found a measure of it at Sauber. The parallels aren't equal to Mikey's situation, but it's close enough.

Also, I think that you're right, Mikey returned for the fun of it, but seeing him pre-season and seeing him in post-race interviews I have noticed that he isn't having much fun. I think he's realized that the fun is in winning and he will be targeting that now. He likely knows that to win you can't go half-hearted and soft. You need to be steely-eyed and fierce. I simply can't believe that dicing with Jaime Algueariesaserriesirssueii did his pride any good. Adding up all of this, I expect him to fight. I fully expect him to have the measure of Nico by Barcelona. You can quote me on that. ;)

Hm. Playing down Mikey's talent isn't the way to defend his lack of pace so far. The answer is probably more common than you've made his driving talent sound. I think that, like JV's return at Renault and Mika's poor testing form when he was considering a comeback, driver's who have been out of the sport for more than a year need a handful of races to get back into it again. Mika would have eentually found his form just as JV found a measure of it at Sauber. The parallels aren't equal to Mikey's situation, but it's close enough.

Also, I think that you're right, Mikey returned for the fun of it, but seeing him pre-season and seeing him in post-race interviews I have noticed that he isn't having much fun. I think he's realized that the fun is in winning and he will be targeting that now. He likely knows that to win you can't go half-hearted and soft. You need to be steely-eyed and fierce. I simply can't believe that dicing with Jaime Algueariesaserriesirssueii did his pride any good. Adding up all of this, I expect him to fight. I fully expect him to have the measure of Nico by Barcelona. You can quote me on that. ;)

Ah, sense.

Measure of Nico by Spain? Wow, I hope so. I wasn't dumbing down Michael's talent as a defence, more trying to put his previous dominance into some perspective. He never would have dominated without great cars and great people. I just think some people expect too much. I'm not actually concerned about his pace either. He doesn't look slow when judged by everyone else he just looks slower than he did before. In other words, he hasn't got that edge, at the moment. Also, the majority of his successes were with great cars. The Mercedes is looking like the fourth best car. Yes, he should have cleared Alguesuari quicker than he did, but it would have looked a lot more like the Michael we remember if he had a car with the advantage of a Red Bull or a McLaren.

Does it really matter? Schumi is just another driver in the mix this year. Whatever the pundits, press or members of this forum predicted before the season started is neither here or there. In his 7 WDC run, he was a very good driver in a very good car at a time when the other teams were not competitive enough. He is still a very good driver but in a car that is clearly not on the pace. Indeed, Jenson must be ecstatic that he moved away from Brawn when he did. Sophomore seasons are like sophomore albums, they rarely match up to the promise of the debut. When MGP get the car right, Schumi will no doubt bite a few ankles. Two races don't make a season. For me, all attention should be focused on Kubica. He has the measure of the entire field, including the super-fast Hamilton. If the car continues to improve, he's in for a shed load of points.

Allowed?

1.- Felipe Massa

2.- Fernando Alonso

3.- Michael Schumacher

How?

I can see you are a gossip too, you avoided to answer my question. :naughty:

Good points. In fact, there are those that claim that even a year off is enough to lose it all together. Personally, I think it's bullsht and more so in Schumacher's case but the intense arse sniffing of Alguearbaitonamatamagorupirefeisti (Basque?) was a depressing show on its own right.

I hope so - genuinely I do.

Nothing worse than seeing a former champ struggling - JV did it, Mansell did it as did Hill, I'd rather Mikey hung up his helmet than go out with a series of bum results.

Besides it would be good to see some more challengers at the front end.

Geez, how hard is it to define Schumi? We've all seen him and, likes and dislikes aside, most of us basically agree that he wasn't neither a guy that won 7WDCs on his own, neither an also ran in a supermachine.

I have no sypmathy for statistics replacing what I actually saw. For a meaningless statistic, check DOFs post on numbers of cars passed in Australia. He made more overtaking moves than anybody else. Do any of you really think that he was any better than Nico, Lewis, Button, Kubica or Nando because of that? Do you really think that he is more than twice as good as Senna because he won twice as many WDCs?

I have no sympathy for "you are only as good as the results you produce". I don't care if he is driving a 2010 Ferrari, Macca or RBR to see him cruising to a podium. A magic driver can be magic despite the mechanical means at his disposal. Kubica has shown his value in a Sh#tty BMW and now in a Sh#tty Renault. If anything, it is more valuable to watch a driver in a midfield car, not suited to his driving style and see himi deliver than watching him cruising in a super fast, untouchable car, because that's the time for the driver to perform his miracles.

That said, people who is disappointed with Schumi so far have some right to be so, as despite the fact that the car is not a contender so far, Schumi seems to be a regular guy in a good car. You have also the right to say that he needs to get back in rythm or whatever you like, it is just that some of us were expecting "the magic" to compensate for that. After three years he was posting some very competitive times right from the start during off season testing. That was magic, after all.

In any case, it is not a do or die situation. I still think that Schumi has his mojo. It is just that I was expecting it to work sooner. Nobody has any doubts that he was in a class of his own not because he won 7 WDCs (some won with only Rubinho as a serious contender) but because we saw him. Alonso is great not because of his two WDCs but because we saw him drive like nobody else, and perhaps it was on a non winning year. Ditto for Lewis (last year comes to mind), ditto for Kubica, ditto for GV, Ayrton, Prost...choose your favorite. If anything keeps me doubting about Jenson is the fact that I have not seen a "magic" race by him. Of course, I never paid much attention to his driving so maybe I am not the person to judge him.

Geez, how hard is it to define Schumi? We've all seen him and, likes and dislikes aside, most of us basically agree that he wasn't neither a guy that won 7WDCs on his own, neither an also ran in a supermachine.

I have no sypmathy for statistics replacing what I actually saw. For a meaningless statistic, check DOFs post on numbers of cars passed in Australia. He made more overtaking moves than anybody else. Do any of you really think that he was any better than Nico, Lewis, Button, Kubica or Nando because of that? Do you really think that he is more than twice as good as Senna because he won twice as many WDCs?

I have no sympathy for "you are only as good as the results you produce". I don't care if he is driving a 2010 Ferrari, Macca or RBR to see him cruising to a podium. A magic driver can be magic despite the mechanical means at his disposal. Kubica has shown his value in a Sh#tty BMW and now in a Sh#tty Renault. If anything, it is more valuable to watch a driver in a midfield car, not suited to his driving style and see himi deliver than watching him cruising in a super fast, untouchable car, because that's the time for the driver to perform his miracles.

That said, people who is disappointed with Schumi so far have some right to be so, as despite the fact that the car is not a contender so far, Schumi seems to be a regular guy in a good car. You have also the right to say that he needs to get back in rythm or whatever you like, it is just that some of us were expecting "the magic" to compensate for that. After three years he was posting some very competitive times right from the start during off season testing. That was magic, after all.

In any case, it is not a do or die situation. I still think that Schumi has his mojo. It is just that I was expecting it to work sooner. Nobody has any doubts that he was in a class of his own not because he won 7 WDCs (some won with only Rubinho as a serious contender) but because we saw him. Alonso is great not because of his two WDCs but because we saw him drive like nobody else, and perhaps it was on a non winning year. Ditto for Lewis (last year comes to mind), ditto for Kubica, ditto for GV, Ayrton, Prost...choose your favorite. If anything keeps me doubting about Jenson is the fact that I have not seen a "magic" race by him. Of course, I never paid much attention to his driving so maybe I am not the person to judge him.

Aye. Good post. And I am not saying that because of the number of posts you have, but because I have seen them :lol:

Good points. In fact, there are those that claim that even a year off is enough to lose it all together. Personally, I think it's bullsht and more so in Schumacher's case but the intense arse sniffing of Alguearbaitonamatamagorupirefeisti (Basque?) was a depressing show on its own right.

Basque, his family, but he was born in Barcelona. Since 1978 a few hundred thousand people, could be close to 400,000, had to leave Basque Country because of all that Sh#t about ETA and nazionalism there. Spain is different!

I think you're all chomping over nothing. Actually, I don't but I just wanted to say that. Its my new favourite phrase.

Sorry dribs, I disagree. I think Michael is one of the most exceptional sportsmen the world has ever witnessed. Why? Because he made it happen. He brought the team around him. Created a unit that was secure and family-like. Made you want to be successful. Gave people inspiration. Yes, he has flaws. Yes, he got desperate at times and did stupid things. Its been two races. Once we've seen him bring the team together, thats when he will come to the fore.

If he never does, then he wont. I hope he does.

Aye. Good post. And I am not saying that because of the number of posts you have, but because I have seen them :lol:

:lol: