Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shields

Shummacher Myths To Be Destroyed One By One...

:lol: And this brings us back to where we started: Shields didn't reate him differently, in the sense of not recognizing his greatness, he just disagreed in the level of such greatness. I said he gave Schu a 9.50 or something like that over 10, rather than an 11/10. He agreed. Again, common sense is a more economic way to view this when you are just discussing whether Schu is great or not. If you want to know exactly how "great" he was, then yes, you are in for a treat.

As for tennis, you need to watch a lot more tennis. Who was better? Sampras or Federer? Borg or Sampras? The only simple thing about tennis is that Federer is really an out of this world player. Had he not existed, you would have a hard time with someone like Nadal to define who is the greatest. As wonderful a player as Nadal is, you could have argued that Borg had a much tougher competition, that tennis matches in his era were more demanding, or more strategic, etc. Many players who never made it to #1 were more memorable than some #1 in the rankings and so on...

Shields has gone down to a 9.5/10 poster then in my book. :P But in tennis we can say that Federer and Nadal are easily the 2 best players in recent years. Whereas in F1 this year you'd be hard pressed to come up with a definitive ranking of the top guys at all: Alonso, Schumi, Lewis, Vettel, Kubica and maybe even Massa, Nico, Jenson too. And I know sport rankings hardly matter so of course anyone can really say anything but sometimes people just use common sense and gut feelings for more important things, which I object to more. Not that they're always wrong but you have to be careful with them, that's all.

I am sorry to disappoint you once again, but I am not getting into a debate with you (once again) :P

Blame it on my poor English for the confusion. What I meant (and you can define it as 'skill', 'greatness', 'mojo' or 'snooklebamerness') is that there is 'something' that tells these drivers apart. We might argue how far apart, or on what degree, and some are on the edge of 'snooklebamerness' and thus, more subject to debate. But some drivers are unarguably in a league of their own. Like you said, Michael and Alonso are two of them. Lewis is the third one. Vettel might be the fourth, Kubica is showing very promising signs of being the fifth. Why? Not because they are just fast, but because of the "whole package" thingy. A 'whole package' thingy means that these guys' skills can be spotted even when they have inferior mechanical means under their arses. This is no exact science, just a rough guideline on who is definitely great and who might or might not be that great.

Oh, geez, now I made it even more confusing :wacko:

That's what I get for going off a quote of a quote.

Bold 1: I didn't say that.

Are you sure?

For me, all attention should be focused on Kubica.

Bold 2: JB is doing a fine job of supporting himself at this moment in time..

Either this was a nice side-step or you misunderstood me. If Mikey is, as you say, just another driver in the mix, then why isn't Button one as well? My point was that if Button is worth watching, so is Mikey. Or do you just support the drivers that are in cars capable of winning races?

Bold 3: It's free world but I feel you may have to eat some crow pie at the season's end.

Bold statements as I'm prone to making sometimes come with a side-dish of crow. I accept that.

Bold 4: McLaren are certainly lucky that both their pilots have this ability but it's a pity that the one you mention is a little short on grey matter currently.

Not quite true. You might be able to fine me one example of how Button has pulled off an audacious overtaking move on someone, but compared to Hamilton...well...there isn't really any comparison. Hell, Hamilton was fast and overtaking like a master virtually from day one. Button struggled with defending his position until just recently and he certainly was never known as the sport's best overtaking artist. Button has gotten better over the years, I'll give you that.

As to the lack of gray matter...hm. It's certainly your right to think any driver to be lacking in brains, but why do you think it about Hamilton? Because he trusted the team to call his tyre strategy instead of doing it himself? I'm not sure that proves anything except misplaced trust.

The big problem with F1 is that you can't rely on results because it's a totally unfair playing field and you can never rely purely on impressions because they're so wishy washy. It sounds like 'arguing' for the existence of God by saying "I just feel it, man" or "it's meant to be - look at how that cloud looks like incense in the shape of a 12 year old boy's bottom". That everyone might sometimes happen to have the same impression doesn't convince me much either because everyone once had the distinct impression that the world was flat. :P

True, but sometimes it's not the destination that's important, but the journey. It's those moments during a race where you see the quality of a driver and if you have even a drop of petrol in your blood you'll recognize it. Mikey pulling out fast lap after fast lap simply because Brawn told him he needed to. Alonso shockingly keeping a charging Schumacher behind him in Turkey. Button driving like it was a dry track in a very wet Hungarian GP. Hamilton blazing past Alonso on at places usually though of as non-passable. These things can't be catalogued or classified in a lab, but we know them.

I would humbly suggest, Graham, that you put aside your considerable scientific mind for two hours and just feel the race. This sport is a dish best served emotional.

This sport is a dish best served emotional.

Perhaps the best way I have ever heard F1 described. Thank you, Mike.

The problem here is that we are not looking for the greatest driver of all in F1, we rather look for the one with greater results, probably the greatest driver of all didn't have the records to be even consider by anyone here given the car he was driving so the best we can do is rely on results and if we do that Schumi will be the greatest of all time and he could have been even greater based on results, when he moved to Ferrari he found a crap team with more than a decade without winning a WDC and he spent 4 year to take that team to the glory we all know, so you may disgragee that he is not the greatest of all time but he is the one with greatest record and no one on track is even close to that so that will stay like that for many years and now that he is back those records can even grow bigger.

You're right Tommy. We're not looking for the greatest driver in or to have competed in F1. We already know who he is.

Step forward Jim Clark.

You're right Tommy. We're not looking for the greatest driver in or to have competed in F1. We already know who he is.

Step forward Jim Clark.

I really can't tell if he is or not because I haven't seen him racing and I haven't seen much of the great drivers of the past but I have seen from Lauda, Piquet, Prost, Senna era and ahead and the best (by the on track achivements) is MSC but that doesn't mean he is the best one of all time but we all have to agree that he is the most successful driver of all time and that is ultimately what everybody want in a driver, Alonso's fans want to see him getting this level of success or want him to be even more successful, I can say would like to see Kimi doing the same and every driver's fan wants the same, my final goal is to watch my favourite becoming the most successful driver in F1 so I can wind up the rest of the fans around here :P

I really can't tell if he is or not because I haven't seen him racing and I haven't seen much of the great drivers of the past but I have seen from Lauda, Piquet, Prost, Senna era and ahead and the best (by the on track achivements) is MSC but that doesn't mean he is the best one of all time but we all have to agree that he is the most successful driver of all time and that is ultimately what everybody want in a driver, Alonso's fans want to see him getting this level of success or want him to be even more successful, I can say would like to see Kimi doing the same and every driver's fan wants the same, my final goal is to watch my favourite becoming the most successful driver in F1 so I can wind up the rest of the fans around here :P

I disagree there. As an Alonso fan, I must say I don't even think Alonso will ever get close to Schumacher's records or level of success. Neither I do care. What makes a driver fascinating? As you can see, it depends on the fascinee (if that word does not exist in english, it should). Waht I like about Alonso is the combination of his sheer skills with something else. And no, it's not his looks before any of you ask :P

I disagree there. As an Alonso fan, I must say I don't even think Alonso will ever get close to Schumacher's records or level of success. Neither I do care. What makes a driver fascinating? As you can see, it depends on the fascinee (if that word does not exist in english, it should). Waht I like about Alonso is the combination of his sheer skills with something else. And no, it's not his looks before any of you ask :P

I'll be waiting for your explanation of that "something else" before I disagree with you. :P

I guess in a way you're both right. I'd like to see Jenson smash the records.

I guess F1 is a very statistical sport. Its also the sport that requires true dedication and patience, many of my non-f1 fan friends have pointed out that it is a daily requirement almost that we fanatics keep up to date. The minute you lose touch with something becomes the moment you lose ground and fall behind almost. With us fans, we are there to update.

Like I've said before - Formula One is in my soul. It will never leave.

I'll be waiting for your explanation of that "something else" before I disagree with you. :P

That something else is the connection you establish with a driver or whatever idol, be it a sports idol, political, human..make your pick. For lack of words we call it 'charisma' and usually attribute that to that person's personality. Well, if there ever has been any proof that charisma is more something we perceive/project in the other person than an actual immanent property of such person, then Alonso is such proof. The complete reply is going to take some typing and it will barely scrape the surface of a very complex issue I am not even sure I grasp in its beautiful complexity. So bear with me as I will divide it in two of the main factors, and I bet the more illuminated members in this forum can ellaborate and add their contributions to this issue.

My next two posts will highlight each factor: personal connection/identification with the idol, and the idol as a media construct.

1.- Alonso as a personal idol.

Why am I a fan of Alonso? Or fan of any other sportsman/politician/scientist/Cameron Diaz for that matter? Some things are objective. Alonso is a proven champion and a very skillful driver. Nothing new there. But if merely numbers ruled fandom, then you would not be able to root for anybody else except Schumacher, right?

Well, that's when it comes into play the psychological/emotional factor which our good friend Graham seems to have trouble to cope with ( :P just kidding Muzza!) There is "some thing" that makes us feel a special connection with our idol. This is even harder to pinpoint because it is highly subjective. Each one of us seeks and sees different things in the same person. James Allen, which has proved to be more interesting since he stopped being Hamilton's cheerleader, found a nice way to describe Alonso. He has a mix of a light and dark personality. My personal view of Nando's personality is that of a highly fragile and insecure person facing huge success and the way he tries to cope with it is fascinating to me. I guess I am projecting my own insecurities on him and as he deals with them successfuly to become an F1 legend, it somehow gives me hope to achieve something like that by overcoming my own insecurities. Or perhaps I am just exorcizing my own demons by watching him.

In any case, these are the personality traits I see on him:

- An introspective person, having to deal with high levels of media exposure. These explain his grumpy attitude at times. But he also seems to be a nice guy as he is rather friendly according to many drivers (Trulli, Kubica and Webber, among the main ones). This also explain his more stupid actions like being so easily shaken by Lewis and his hurried return to the sheltering environment at Renault, when faced with the more competitive and corporative approach of McLaren (and, let's not forget that they actually were rather blunt at expressing their own favoritism towards Lewis...something that Nando fail to manage and which Jenson is managing quite easily himself, although under very different conditions)

- He speaks his mind, which makes him sound arrogant at times, but it also makes him sound deeply human. He also manages not only to speak his mind, but usually say meaningful things. That's one step above other drivers who also speak their minds but other than making them sound sincere they don't add much. When Nando talks, he reveals a deep knowledge of most aspects in F1. "Track position is king" he said at the beginning of the season. And it is proving to be this year's F1 motto. Why I never liked Schumi? Because, to me, he was almost as human as a toaster. He rarely betrayed his won emotions. Even his cheating moments seemed like nothing else but means to accumulate more records. If anything, the returning, more vulnerable Schumi makes me appreciate the old guy in ways I never thought I will years ago. I dislike Lewis because he never sounds sincere.

Of course, like I say, these are all my own perceptions. You could easily dislike the guy for these same reasons, or perceive other negative things. You could think that he is even more of a cheat than Schumi and Lewis put together, or that he "betrayed" poor old Ron Dennis or something like that. Emotional connections are hard to describe, and greatly distort your conception of everybody else's actions to comply with your view. Double standards lie everywhere and trying to argument these things is worthy only to a certain degree. Past it you need to dwelve deep into emotional issues/preconceptions that are hard to define and to bend.

2.- Alonso as a media construct

F1 journalism is crap. Some thing that I enjoy about F1 is the degree of politeness most fans have. Yes, there are plenty of partisans and trolls, but that comes with sports fanaticism. But just read any random forum about football and you will find that they rarely go much deeper than finding new ways to attack each other. Compare that with this peaceful corner of the world, were you can find lots of tolerance. We even treat Kimi and Jenson fans as if they were human beings!

Journos, on the other side, are usually as professional as gaetanoromano's antiroll bar design. I am impressed at the quantity of articles in which they abuse of heavily edited interviews, in which they just quote some phrases of a driver, amid a flood of personal interpretations and innuendos, without ever posting the complete reply the driver gave, the actual question posed or even the circumstances in which those phrases were uttered. A few days ago most of the F1 press went hysterical about some Aussie authority calling Lewis a d#ckhead. It seemed very strange to me that a guy would go to a journal and say "hey, I think Lewis is a d#ckhead". So it took me a while to find out that there was an ad campaign in Australia against reckless driving which went something like "Drive with care, don't be a d#ckhead". So this guy was asked if Lewis, who drove recklessly should be called a d#ckhead. He tried to avoid the question but upon the insistence, he said "Ok, I'll say it, he is a d#ckhead, too". So, as you can see, he was merely pointing that Lewis was just another reckless driver. Not saying that would have compromised the entire ad campaign by making it meaningless or, worse, having double standards.

Why do I project so much on Alonso, while thinking so little about Schumi's personality, or Jenson's? Because I've seen so many more interviews on Nando than on Jenson or Schumi? Why? Because he is Spanish. As simple as that. I've rarely saw a complete interview with Lewis for example, so all my impressions about him are based on those smae heavily edited, completely biased articles I bashed a few mins ago. These things have an impact on your perception of a guy whether you like it or not. I know Jenson is a nice, frienldy guy. But I have no idea whether he can be as human as I've seen Nando be in some of his interviews.

BTW, that is the only connection you can make between chauvinism and my support for Nando. It is a matter of having more material available about him. I don't read Marca or As and I deeply despise Spanish chauvinism towards Nando, as much as I despise British chauvinism towards Jenson or Lewis.

I forgot to mention on my previous post, but Nando was a guy that impressed me while he was still driving at Minardi. Watching a guy in a Minardi and saying: "this guy will be great" is quite a long term bet, and the fact that I was ultimately right made me proud enough about myself as to make me a fan about him just because I want my initial hunch to be right. A question of pride as you can see. His nationality didn't have anything to do with it as I am no fan of Spanish sportsmen in general. I don't like Nadal, or any other Spanish idol. Thinking otherwise just because of the language conection would be the same as assuming that British guys that support Webber do so because he is Australian and that's the same as being British, because they speak the same language.

Brits and Aussies do not speak the same language. They may write the same language, but the Brits have taken b#####dization of the English language to another dimension, far exceeding barstardization attempts of the Australians. :P :P

That something else is the connection you establish with a driver or whatever idol, be it a sports idol, political, human..make your pick. For lack of words we call it 'charisma' and usually attribute that to that person's personality. Well, if there ever has been any proof that charisma is more something we perceive/project in the other person than an actual immanent property of such person, then Alonso is such proof. The complete reply is going to take some typing and it will barely scrape the surface of a very complex issue I am not even sure I grasp in its beautiful complexity. So bear with me as I will divide it in two of the main factors, and I bet the more illuminated members in this forum can ellaborate and add their contributions to this issue.

My next two posts will highlight each factor: personal connection/identification with the idol, and the idol as a media construct.

I just saw your reply but I am not going to reply to it today, I am getting ready to go to bed to wake up a 3:55am to tune up Speed and watch the race so reading and thinking of an answer to your reply will take me some time and I need to be more refresh, just before the part you mention that this complex I was already thinking about it, so as I need that time I promise you that I will take some time out tomorrow after my second sleep of the day that will come after the race to dedicate it you to read and try to reply to it, in advance I tell you that I may not find the words to do it but I will try my best.

3. - Alonso as a god incarnate?

post-2537-127035092918_thumb.jpg

4. - Alonso as Abraham Lincoln?

post-2537-12703509403_thumb.jpg

5. - Alonso as Tinkerbell?

post-2537-127035094588_thumb.jpg

That something else is the connection you establish with a driver...

I agree Andrés with most of what you said about how you see Alonso and why you support him. Of course I have to add to that that I'm Spanish. I knew about him very early in his career and people like Genis, Campos, Villota, Minardi, etc. said he would/could be a great in F1 very early. Have a look to 1,2,3 and 4,5,6,7,8,9 in my signature maybe you didn't see it before and I found these by chance and I enjoyed watching a lot.

Funnily I think Nadal's personality are very similar to Alonso's. Together with Indurain the best three sportmen ever.

I just would like to express an opinion. i ' ve read this topic and i disagree that schumi myths are going to be destroyed. He is probably the best ever for various reasons . He won everywhere with all the possible ways , in dry, in rain (one of the best ever together with senna and alesi), brought the fitness levels in f1 in another dimension and still at 41(damn!) he is fast . But we really keep forgeting why he is really great. He develops the cars!!, because of the mechanical knowledge he has and his special feeling on track that he learnt during his childhood days in kerpen. He developped benneton, he has won when benetton was really slow, he has won when ferrari was like a donkey. That is that great drivers do .Win in seasons with inferior cars.(SENNA, ALONSO ,LEWIS). Today only ALONSO develops a car really good ,but cannot much SCHUMI in that field. Always ,but always developped his cars. He loves testing and knows what to do to bring the car performance forward rapidly. Period! AND THAT IS RAW TALENT.

Yes ,he had great designers ,mechanics around him and funding from ferrari! But did anyone won in modern f1 without the combination of all of that? Did anyone won without one of the best car in the grid from 1990 and beyond? I don t think so. Thats why Michael is great. Yes he drives extremely fast in all conditions ,yes he brougth inhuman qualyfing pace in a lot of races . However his edge lies on that. HE IS THE BEST DEVELOPER DRIVER OFF ALL TIMES.

Yes he did a lot of mistakes, he is not the best sportsman, he likes to win with all the means . But this is a trait that o lot of great champions had .(SENNA ) THEY JUST HATE LOSING! I do not agree ,but it happens in the whole fasma of sports.

You say that de did not have strong teammates. He demolished far experienced drivers in benetton . In ferrari , i believe it was team decision to built the team around him and not bring a big name besides him ,although rubens and felippe are strong drivers.

Personally i believe he will be competitive this season. HOWEVER, HIS PRIME IS FAR OVER! He should return better in 2008! MY opinion is that he must isolate himself again in order to be highly competitive. This relaxed type of Michael does not work. Or perhaps he came back like MJ , JUST FOR FUN!

F1 journalism is crap. Some thing that I enjoy about F1 is the degree of politeness most fans have. Yes, there are plenty of partisans and trolls, but that comes with sports fanaticism. But just read any random forum about football and you will find that they rarely go much deeper than finding new ways to attack each other. Compare that with this peaceful corner of the world, were you can find lots of tolerance. We even treat Kimi and Jenson fans as if they were human beings!

Journos, on the other side, are usually as professional as gaetanoromano's antiroll bar design. I am impressed at the quantity of articles in which they abuse of heavily edited interviews, in which they just quote some phrases of a driver, amid a flood of personal interpretations and innuendos, without ever posting the complete reply the driver gave, the actual question posed or even the circumstances in which those phrases were uttered. A few days ago most of the F1 press went hysterical about some Aussie authority calling Lewis a d#ckhead. It seemed very strange to me that a guy would go to a journal and say "hey, I think Lewis is a d#ckhead". So it took me a while to find out that there was an ad campaign in Australia against reckless driving which went something like "Drive with care, don't be a d#ckhead". So this guy was asked if Lewis, who drove recklessly should be called a d#ckhead. He tried to avoid the question but upon the insistence, he said "Ok, I'll say it, he is a d#ckhead, too". So, as you can see, he was merely pointing that Lewis was just another reckless driver. Not saying that would have compromised the entire ad campaign by making it meaningless or, worse, having double standards.

Why do I project so much on Alonso, while thinking so little about Schumi's personality, or Jenson's? Because I've seen so many more interviews on Nando than on Jenson or Schumi? Why? Because he is Spanish. As simple as that. I've rarely saw a complete interview with Lewis for example, so all my impressions about him are based on those smae heavily edited, completely biased articles I bashed a few mins ago. These things have an impact on your perception of a guy whether you like it or not. I know Jenson is a nice, frienldy guy. But I have no idea whether he can be as human as I've seen Nando be in some of his interviews.

BTW, that is the only connection you can make between chauvinism and my support for Nando. It is a matter of having more material available about him. I don't read Marca or As and I deeply despise Spanish chauvinism towards Nando, as much as I despise British chauvinism towards Jenson or Lewis.

I forgot to mention on my previous post, but Nando was a guy that impressed me while he was still driving at Minardi. Watching a guy in a Minardi and saying: "this guy will be great" is quite a long term bet, and the fact that I was ultimately right made me proud enough about myself as to make me a fan about him just because I want my initial hunch to be right. A question of pride as you can see. His nationality didn't have anything to do with it as I am no fan of Spanish sportsmen in general. I don't like Nadal, or any other Spanish idol. Thinking otherwise just because of the language conection would be the same as assuming that British guys that support Webber do so because he is Australian and that's the same as being British, because they speak the same language.

And you accuse me for saying Amen to some of Mike's post.... <_<

Why am I a fan of Alonso? Or fan of any other sportsman/politician/scientist/Cameron Diaz for that matter? Some things are objective. Alonso is a proven champion and a very skillful driver. Nothing new there. But if merely numbers ruled fandom, then you would not be able to root for anybody else except Schumacher, right?

Well, that's when it comes into play the psychological/emotional factor which our good friend Graham seems to have trouble to cope with ( :P just kidding Muzza!) There is "some thing" that makes us feel a special connection with our idol. This is even harder to pinpoint because it is highly subjective. Each one of us seeks and sees different things in the same person. James Allen, which has proved to be more interesting since he stopped being Hamilton's cheerleader, found a nice way to describe Alonso. He has a mix of a light and dark personality. My personal view of Nando's personality is that of a highly fragile and insecure person facing huge success and the way he tries to cope with it is fascinating to me. I guess I am projecting my own insecurities on him and as he deals with them successfuly to become an F1 legend, it somehow gives me hope to achieve something like that by overcoming my own insecurities. Or perhaps I am just exorcizing my own demons by watching him.

In any case, these are the personality traits I see on him:

- An introspective person, having to deal with high levels of media exposure. These explain his grumpy attitude at times. But he also seems to be a nice guy as he is rather friendly according to many drivers (Trulli, Kubica and Webber, among the main ones). This also explain his more stupid actions like being so easily shaken by Lewis and his hurried return to the sheltering environment at Renault, when faced with the more competitive and corporative approach of McLaren (and, let's not forget that they actually were rather blunt at expressing their own favoritism towards Lewis...something that Nando fail to manage and which Jenson is managing quite easily himself, although under very different conditions)

- He speaks his mind, which makes him sound arrogant at times, but it also makes him sound deeply human. He also manages not only to speak his mind, but usually say meaningful things. That's one step above other drivers who also speak their minds but other than making them sound sincere they don't add much. When Nando talks, he reveals a deep knowledge of most aspects in F1. "Track position is king" he said at the beginning of the season. And it is proving to be this year's F1 motto. Why I never liked Schumi? Because, to me, he was almost as human as a toaster. He rarely betrayed his won emotions. Even his cheating moments seemed like nothing else but means to accumulate more records. If anything, the returning, more vulnerable Schumi makes me appreciate the old guy in ways I never thought I will years ago. I dislike Lewis because he never sounds sincere.

Of course, like I say, these are all my own perceptions. You could easily dislike the guy for these same reasons, or perceive other negative things. You could think that he is even more of a cheat than Schumi and Lewis put together, or that he "betrayed" poor old Ron Dennis or something like that. Emotional connections are hard to describe, and greatly distort your conception of everybody else's actions to comply with your view. Double standards lie everywhere and trying to argument these things is worthy only to a certain degree. Past it you need to dwelve deep into emotional issues/preconceptions that are hard to define and to bend.

Your story with Alonso is very similar to mine with Schumi, I noticed him since he was a rookie in Benneton and I inmediately knew that he would be a great driver, at that time Prost was favorite driver and when Porst retired Schumi inherited that place and he didn't let me down, so basically I like drivers by their skills not their personalities althought I can dislike some drivers by the things they do on and off track, like in Alonso case, I noticed that he blamed everybody else for his failures like he did at Renault when he accused them of not working hard enough to make him in because they didn't want him to take the number one to Mclaren, he does a lot of things and then he deny he did it, like blocking Schumi in the last weekend :naughty:, maybe that's part of the dark side of his personality like you said but I don't like people who is not responsible for his actions, he was part of the spygate and the crashgate and he sold his soul to get out of that unscratched, he show no loyalty to any team and that is the main difference between him and Schumi, what Schumi did he did it for him and his team, he wanted to win but most of all he wanted the best for his team and Irvine can tell you about that, but Alonso is probably the most selfish person in F1, everything have to orbit around him because he think he is the center on the F1 universe and that is what I hate about him, I recognize that he is a good driver, a very good one, but he is not the best, Hamilton proved to be better than him and his skill are far more evidente than Alonso's and that why I want LH to win now, maybe I am wrong but LH showed that he is the most capable driver on the field right now, only him can do Schumi's like races coming out of nowhere to a good position, it is a shame that today's cars design does not allow us to see this in whole picture as they neutralize drivers skills by preventing car from being follow to close but anyway I think right now the best driver in the field is LH, with this I don't mean that Schumi has lost he skill I just hink that he is out of shape and I believe that Schumi will get his form back and we will probably see some good battles on the coming races.

Step forward Jim Clark.

Hell yes.