Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shields

Shummacher Myths To Be Destroyed One By One...

Yes, actually that was my point. I didn't want to extend myself but I was also left wandering on what being fit means. Or, more precisely, we all know what it means, but it differs on what it costs to each driver to remain fit. I think that it might have a big impact. I am thinking (surprise, surprise) about Nando. At the end of every GP you see Button and Vettel and you think "did these guys were really in that car, for 1 and a half hour, suffering 5G forces under 40+C temperatures subject to extreme stress? Whereas Nando always look as if he wasn't in the car, but actually running alongside it. He looks always extremely tired, dehydrated with an exhausted smile at best (provided he has something to smile about). So my question is, how much impact it will ultimately have in a guy like Nando when it is obviously so taxing physically for him to race? Will he ever dream of reaching records a la Barrichello? Schumacher, after a 3 years leave, seems to take it better (granted, his races are usually shorter :P) I can't think of other drivers that look like Nando at t he end of the races, but it is also true that I only get to see those who finish in the podium (which are always more or less the same) or those who did not finish and get a mid race interview (and thus, are not comparable)

It would be great to see the rest of the field and how each one takes the physical demand of a GP

Anyhow, just some ramblings.

Oh, ok, I'll say it. Welcome back for the duration. Hope you brought a good whiskey. :D

I think Ferrari have monitored their drivers' heart rate throughout the race for some time now. It would be interesting to compare Alonso, Massa, Raikkonen (who always looked knackered) and so on. I vaguely remember reading that the best guys usually show a consistently lower bpm (makes sense I guess), which suggests that even amongst professionals, being on the limit just comes more naturally to some than others; I know that is obvious but it is still interesting, and to me suggests there must be some sort of psychological element to that as well, as all professional drivers are quite fit now. It's almost like the best need less energy to access their talent. All of which goes back to Schumi, not only was he the fittest so had plenty of spare energy to help concentration, but mentally being in the car was always natural to him so he had spare capacity for noticing other things from that sense, too.

Yes, actually that was my point. I didn't want to extend myself but I was also left wandering on what being fit means. Or, more precisely, we all know what it means, but it differs on what it costs to each driver to remain fit. I think that it might have a big impact. I am thinking (surprise, surprise) about Nando. At the end of every GP you see Button and Vettel and you think "did these guys were really in that car, for 1 and a half hour, suffering 5G forces under 40+C temperatures subject to extreme stress? Whereas Nando always look as if he wasn't in the car, but actually running alongside it. He looks always extremely tired, dehydrated with an exhausted smile at best (provided he has something to smile about). So my question is, how much impact it will ultimately have in a guy like Nando when it is obviously so taxing physically for him to race? Will he ever dream of reaching records a la Barrichello? Schumacher, after a 3 years leave, seems to take it better (granted, his races are usually shorter :P) I can't think of other drivers that look like Nando at t he end of the races, but it is also true that I only get to see those who finish in the podium (which are always more or less the same) or those who did not finish and get a mid race interview (and thus, are not comparable)

It would be great to see the rest of the field and how each one takes the physical demand of a GP

Anyhow, just some ramblings.

Oh, ok, I'll say it. Welcome back for the duration. Hope you brought a good whiskey. :D

I'd be interested in knowing which ones pee in the car.

Halfway through a bottle of Willett straight rye and have discovered a tasty Lebanese number called Arak. Pretty close to Ouzo in flavor. The Lebanese call it 'tiger's milk' because it turns white when mixed with water (not too much, mind, just a splash).

Succinct. You are learning, Grasshopper.

15 words and 2 periods. I had to rest afterwards.

I think that EJ gets a lot of unfair criticism, either negatively or positively.

:lol:

He's a bit like Alonso? BTW, #46 Ferrari gave up trying to monitor Alonso's bpm as they didn't find his heart. :(

He's a bit like Alonso? BTW, #46 Ferrari gave up trying to monitor Alonso's bpm as they didn't find his heart. :(

A bit like Alonso? If Alsonso is anannoying Irish leprechaun that is always getting things wrong, then yes. Otherwise no.

To be honest Ale, I think that's a bit harsh on Alonso. He's really not that bad. Just stop laying into him all the time please, it's getting really old now mate.