Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

So When Will The Button Critics Shut Up?

Second race at Mclaren. Masterful drive. Completely outclassed Loois. Counts for something. So will the people who think he fluked intop a championship give him some credit?

button did perfect job. he defenitly has more brains than LH. if he's faster than him? hard to say.. i hope he is but remember LH has a special status at Mclarens so i just hope button wont make too many mistakes.

Damn it Andres - you snooklebamered my joke.

(I don't know what snooklebamer means, but that's what you did.)

Second race at Mclaren. Masterful drive. Completely outclassed Loois. Counts for something. So will the people who think he fluked intop a championship give him some credit?

Isn't this a rhetorical question?? :lol:

Thanks Cav...

I've been asking this ever since his first win to the people who said he'd never win. Then to the people who said that he'd never win a championship... look what happened there. Apparently, he'd lucked into that too.

Its just like the Schumi critics who refuse to see the man won 7 titles. This is direct to you Cav, I know Alonso isn't personal best on your list but he's won two. Kimi, one. And so on....

It'll never stop.

button was clearly overtook by hammy and to cover that he pitted

he was lucky becoz vettel went down...kubi blocked massa who blocked alonso who kicked hammy ....with the help of webbo

he was lucky becoz vettel went down...kubi blocked massa who blocked alonso who kicked hammy ....

The Australian GP in a nutshell. thbup.gif

The Australian GP in a nutshell. thbup.gif

:lol: Indeed.

I don't see much criticism of Button, most people already accepted he drove well on Sunday. Lewis drove well too but in a different style, and was unlucky with Webber. Simple as that really.

I'll reserve judgement for later, it's useless prasing driver's after one good race, especially when you have to make a balls call after being overtaken by your teammate. Very fast on the gun there Cav

Of course there's those "Button's WDC is a fluke" critics, like there's still the "Glock & Lewis are secretly married as proven at Brazil '08" critics! & lets not forget the "Schumacher cheated all his 7 WDC's" critics!

something for Steph and Insider.... as I said I'll reserve judgement for later

"Button went to McLaren partly to prove that his world championship win last season was not solely because he had the fastest car. He certainly proved today that his legendary smoothness and his instinct for making the right choices at key moments are also important reasons why he’s a winner."

James Allen

In Sweden on tour but I saw a recording of the race today. James Allen's comments in BradSpeed's post are very much on the mark. 3/4 tenths of raw speed is irrelevant when it comes to winning races. Temperament, nous and skill are the key requirements of Champions, as Melbourne showed so graphically. Power to JB.

To be honest, Cav has to look people outside this forum, because thats where most of his critics are, there is no need to show the anger or frustration here. Just like Andres told me ( :P ) ' you are seeing ghosts' Almost everyone here accepted that Button will do well, but didn't go out of the way to say things like he would trash Lewis or Loois as Cav likes to call..There were a lot of things happening during last race, Button himself didn't know if he did the right thing when he entered the pits to change tyres. But it was a very clever thing to have done. I don't think this thread would have been created if Button messed it up....Winning Mclaren's first race itself is like getting rid of a big burden...so I think Button will only do much better. Lewis still has the raw pace and is still more agressive as he showed it through out the race....but for this season, drivers need to think a lot more before they turn the wheel....Button will do well, but make threads like this in the end of the season...

I don't know who are those "critics" you referred to, cavallino. Of course, who the fck knows (or cares) what goes on inside your delusional mind. One thing is for sure, to claim that the last GP proved anything outstanding about Button is purely spherical 100% absolutely-so fantasy.

Besides which, last season was fixed from the go. Sure, Button had a couple of good races later on, that is, once he had been gifted the first have of the season courtesy of FIA's planet-size cheat. Without that gift, RBR and Vettel would've stormed the field and rightfully so.

In any case, Button is better than his some +100 races show. You bet. So good on him for winning this GP and hope he gets more podiums.

That said, your newly found worship for Button is nothing more than yet another call for attention on yourself, the one and only topic you've got.

he was lucky becoz vettel went down...kubi blocked massa who blocked alonso who kicked hammy ....

There you go. All true.

"Button went to McLaren partly to prove that his world championship win last season was not solely because he had the fastest car. He certainly proved today that his legendary smoothness and his instinct for making the right choices at key moments are also important reasons why he’s a winner."

James Allen

Worth a smile.

"I’m very interested in the response of McLaren and its two drivers to the events in Australia. Jenson Button won the race with a performance of measured perfection and instinctive tactical brilliance, while Lewis Hamilton lit up Albert Park with his audacious passing, but ended up looking diminished in comparison with Button, less in control of his destiny, less mature."

"McLaren’s decision was partly informed by the belief that Hamilton would struggle to make it to the finish on a single set of tyres, unlike Button."

"Realising the decision had been wrong he criticised the team in a radio transmission which was heard by the world, which showed a lack of composure."

"He (Hamilton) has exceptional skill behind the wheel, of the kind which could make him one of the greats, but until he can add that extra dimension of leadership and racing intelligence from the c#ckpit he will not be the complete package."

James Allen

Myth!!!

As far as I know Hamilton didn't want to pit, he had 3rd place in his pocket and was fighting for 2nd. FFS, is a racing driver supposed to work as an engineer from his c#ckpit? Button achieved a great result, he gambled and won. Hamilton failed on saturday but he did a superb job on Sunday and his team and Webber spoiled it.

Hi Cavalino, I have a bad news for you: we agree on this one... I always defend Button from those who could not recognize he is no lesser driver than many drivers considered "greats"... He always been damn consistent and fast, which is always difficult to conciliate...

I wont cite names though...

Button's championship was no more a fluke than ...say JV's.. or Kimi's or say... several of the championships won by the German guy in the red car that was so much quicker than all the other cars for sooo long.

Button drove well enough to win when he had the best car and when the car was no longer as good he drove well enough to stay in it. There is not much more a driver can do....except occasionally make a well timed call for new tires!

well done Button!!

He got lucky as he wanted to pit right away to remove the egg on his face when Hammy completely whipped his @ss out there in the beginning overtaking him like the punk that he is! Hammy will be fired up now and not take this laying down anymore!

He got lucky.

Thats exactly BOLLOCKS. My mother gets lucky when she wins the jackpot on a slot machine.

I sincerely don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Never.

I personally thoguht that was a brilliant drive by Button. He destroyed Lewis and kept his head whilst Hammy obviously didn't.

But, I think that once fans have an opinion on a driver, whether that opinion is for the good or bad, it is very likely not to change desptie whatever the driver does. Clear case for this would be Felipe Massa. I think he's personally a great little driver on his day and has some fantastic drives, but you still ge the same old "he can't drive in the wet" and "he's talentless" comments.

He got lucky as he wanted to pit right away to remove the egg on his face when Hammy completely whipped his @ss out there in the beginning overtaking him like the punk that he is! Hammy will be fired up now and not take this laying down anymore!

Welcome to the forum. Ham and eggs apart, the fact that LH may have passed JB in the early stages of the race is irrelevant. He was behind the current Champion when it finished. Now go and boil your head in oil!