Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Unofficial Officially Official Unofficial Official Sepang Grand Prix Thread Of The 2010 Grand Prix Of Malaysia In Malaysia

what's even nicer about this qually is that if things finish as they start (which they obviously won't) we get...

WDC

Rosberg 38 - ha ha ha ha - that's funny!

Alonso 37

Massa 33

Webber 31

Button 31

Vettel 27

Kubica 26

Hamilton 23

(15pts covering top 8 drivers - nice!)

WCC

Ferrari 70

Red Bull 58

Macca 54

Merc 47

(23pts covering top 4 teams - also nice!)

I really hope Macca and Ferrari pick up peanuts in terms of points this week.

If Merc and Red Bull (especially Vettel) can get some good results, I'll be a happy bunny.

I really hope Macca and Ferrari pick up peanuts in terms of points this week.

If Merc and Red Bull (especially Vettel) can get some good results, I'll be a happy bunny.

Now that you're asking tongue.gif I think we'll see 3 different races that could be very interesting.

Red Bull and Mercedes +Kubica fighting for the podium.

A few cars in the middle fighting for some points.

And finally Button, Hamilton, Massa and Alonso fighting eachother and praying. I hope they let them race each other but you can expect Dumbassicali telling his drivers to take a conservative approach. Look how well I took care of the tyres... Sh¡t!!!

In all truth I think Alonso should have told the team to go out set a couple of laps and back in but I think he was happy waiting for the monkeys, as Hamilton had said, to clean the track. He seemed quite happy with the wrong assumptions they made in Q1. Dumbass too.

OK. TRULLI IS NOT GAY!

Craig - I even had to call wifey into the inner sanctum to have someone else appreciate your humor. (Of course she wanted to know if Jarno was gay and, if not, why you were engaging in such trash talk and, oh by the way, I've now found out where the closest Ikea is from home... oh hell, marriage...)

...But back to - say it very slowly - Ku-a-la Lum-pur, you are doing a bang up job. Oh and I should tell you that Stephy has apparently posted some nude photos of you over at the "Beautiful Men" thread so there will at least be something to talk about between Sunday night and the Chinese Grand Prix.

:roll: David you crack me up!

Admin took them down. Said he couldn't spot anything of interest. Had a long good hard look too. Nothing!

Call Trulli gay will you Craig? :P

Craig - I even had to call wifey into the inner sanctum to have someone else appreciate your humor. (Of course she wanted to know if Jarno was gay and, if not, why you were engaging in such trash talk and, oh by the way, I've now found out where the closest Ikea is from home... oh hell, marriage...)

...But back to - say it very slowly - Ku-a-la Lum-pur, you are doing a bang up job. Oh and I should tell you that Stephy has apparently posted some nude photos of you over at the "Beautiful Men" thread so there will at least be something to talk about between Sunday night and the Chinese Grand Prix.

Admin took them down. Said he couldn't spot anything of interest. Had a long good hard look too. Nothing!

Anyone else not surprised that Rosberg is beating Schuey? He showed good speed last year and I though Schuey could, at best, challenge him but certainly not kick his a## constantly.

Tomorrow's race has promise... I predict Vettel will finally take that win.

Hehehehehe :naughty:

Thought MSC might work the magic, sadly not. Great stuff from Webber; he needed it. How about Petrov and the Hulk? That Hulk is the next "great" one imo - hope he does good tomorrow. The red flag call was a good one, and well timed.

All in all, due to the errors of Ferrari and Mclaren, the ingredients for a classic race are present.

Had to work today and just now freed myself up.

• Stupid call, Ferrari, although not the first time with this group calling the shots.
  • McLaren only slightly less embarrassing, thanks to Ferrari.
  • Impressive wet driving from Petrov, Kobay and Hulkenberg.
  • Rosberg again appears calm and focused.
  • Both Williams cars in top 10.
  • Webber drove like a man possessed. Just bring it home tomorrow, son; bring it home.
  • Does Vettel shoot past Nico at the start and share a bit of tarmac with his teammate at the first corner?

You guys - and pretty gals - have already got things figured out but I felt I should at least get in a nod towards the qualifying antics, however belated. Oh, and Craig, I think they now have over-the-counter treatment for your dog's ill-timed outbursts.

In a way it would be bad to have rain today (it would give the Ferraris and Maccas a chance to sneak up into the points without too much effort).

On the other hand, it would be fun.

I'd like to see those four romp up the field in the dry and then spin off and drop to the back of the field again when it rains.

After his brilliant drive to victory in Australia last weekend, McLaren’s Jenson Button came down to earth with a bump on Saturday, as he span out of Q1 in the wet conditions at Sepang. But while he’ll start the Malaysian Grand Prix from 17th on the grid, Button is trying to stay positive about the possible outcome of Sunday’s race…

Q: What happened in qualifying?

Jenson Button: Catering brought our lunch around late, and daylight savings ended too, so, well, everyone was like..."its 2pm...no no no it's 3pm...no no no...clocks go forward at the end of daylight savings....no no no...they go backwards...." By the time we figured it out, we were a bit late to get going. Nice lunch though.

Q: So it will be an unusual start to the race…

JB: Yes. We all have to guess when Charlie finishes his crossword. When we think he has finished we start. This could mean some real guessing up and down the grid. I've heard Charlie is quite a smart cookie and does crosswords rather fast. I'm thinking he'll be finished somewhere between 3.2 and 8.7secs from the lights going full red.

Q: You really were taking risks…

JB: Nah, mate. I've got brass balls. Risks, schmisks.

Q: The McLarens are fast, what weather are you hoping for on Sunday?

JB: Daylight kind of weather. My ultra hot girlfriend gave me some yellow gumboots, so I'm going to wear those, plus my togs....I'll be sweet whatever...

Q: So it will be quite a race…

JB: Yes it should be. The favourite for the egg and spoon race is Alonso...he's got mad skills at balancing an egg....mad skills...

Fresh from his podium finish in Melbourne, Renault’s Robert Kubica is hungry for more success in Malaysia this weekend. And after clinching P6 on the Sepang grid, Kubica’s reasonably happy with his chances. Here he discusses Renault’s upswing in performance, the Kuala Lumpur track and his hopes for Sunday’s race…

Q: Robert, you finished in P6. How do you feel?

Robert Kubica: I feel like I p**sed my pants...my arse is so freaking wet you wouldn't believe.

Q: What is the team’s weather forecast for the race?

RK: Cloudy with a chance of either sun or rain. Maybe rain or sun. Not too sure. Wish these damn cars had wipers.....

Q: Does your Melbourne result reflect the pace of the Renault?

RK: No it reflects Hamilton pitted, Massa can't pass and is more interested in holding up Alonso, and that my nose is the most aerodynamic.

Q: Has the podium changed the atmosphere in the team?

RK: No...still a bit of oxygen and nitrogen...quite conducive to staying alive...ha ha ha ha..staying alive, staying alive.

Q: How does the Sepang circuit compare to Sakhir and Albert Park?

RK: Its in Malaysia you nimwit.

Q: Are you happy that this year the race is starting an hour earlier than last year?

RK: Yes, as I will be able to catch American Idol....I missed it last year, and was f'ing p**sed off at Bernie for that...I tell ya....

Drivers: 1. Mark Webber (Red Bull), 1m 49.327s; 2. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes), 1m 50.673s; 3. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull), 1m 50.789s.

Q: Mark, it was a crazy session. But by the end you didn’t just seem to find extra pace but possibly a rudder to sail that Red Bull onto pole.

Mark Webber: This was a boat race wasn't it? You telling me the others turned up without a boat? Hahaha...idiots...bet they missed the start of Q1 too....I'm a bloody good boatie, I tell you. Give me a six pack, and some chum, and I'll be out there hooking the fish up....yo ho ho and all that

Q: Nico, a first ever front row start in Formula One for you. You seemed to enjoy the conditions a little more in Q3 than your team-mate did this year.

Nico Rosberg: You should have heard him grumbling on the radio..."Nein Nein...vat you mean the wunderkind is ahead of me again...nein nein nein nein"...I was like "yes yes yes yes" hahaha....actually I should be more respectful of my elders, but he's so easy to p**s off....haha. Did you know he takes his teeth out for racing? No? No need to call him Schumi anymore...more like Gummi...

Q: Sebastian, take us through Q3 from your perspective. Mark, for once, had the better of you.

Sebastian Vettel: Like he says...he's a better boatie than me. I can't even catch sea weed...there was no chance for me today, really. I actually saw him having a quick surf at corner 8...bloody Aussie...

Q: Mark, for the third time this season a Red Bull driver starts on pole for the grand prix. How is the race going to pan out for you and are you worried about what’s happened to the Red Bull driver who has been on pole the first two times?

MW: I promise not to hit Hamilton. That is all I will say.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q: Mark, surely the session was all about making the right calls at the right time. We have seen that some people didn’t make the right call and became major casualties as it were. Who made the call about your intermediates?

MW: Well, every morning I put all my undies out on the end of the bed, and then Christian Horner pops over, and helps me choose....what? There's another sort of intermediate? Like what?

Q: On that last lap, when you went faster again, could you just feel there was a fraction more grip everywhere? How did it develop for you with only three quick laps?

MW: Nah man.....don't tell anyone, but I skipped a corner...hehehe

Q: It must feel like you won the lottery today?

MW: No...as if I had done that I could throw in my day job and p**s about for the rest of my life, couldn't I? You know I've spent so much on lotto tickets, and all I ever seem to win is fifth division and a measly $30 or so....rank mate...totally rank....

Q: Nico, your best ever grid position on a circuit that you say is your favourite circuit. But maybe not in these conditions?

NR: No...I would much prefer a conditioner that made my hair shine more. The conditioner at the track isn't half as good as what I get back in Monaco...

Q: What is the weather going to be like tomorrow? What would it be like racing in those conditions?

NR: Do I look like a fricking meteorologist? No I don't...I look like a male super model, hence forth I don't have to do nerdy things with pocket protectors and guess about the weather.

Q: How much are you allowed to made adjustments during a session like that, given that it was the first wet session you had driven? It’s only the front wing, isn’t it?

NR: You're allowed to move your right foot up and down....and wriggle about in the seat....and...um....I don't know.....I'm a male model don't you know?

Q: Sebastian, happy to be third on the grid?

SV: F off....

Q: Two poles so far, happier with the car this morning?

SV: Should have been three...should have been three......Webber scmebber schnell!

QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: (Mike Doodson) Sebastian, there have been a number of explanations for the problem you had in Melbourne, even to the extent of one of your suppliers issuing a statement to say it wasn’t responsible. Can you tell us what did go wrong and are there any new and/or different parts on your car as a result?

SV: It was a kangaroo. It jumped out infront of me. I swerved to miss it. Sadly I was unable to regain control, and ended up in the kitty litter. But we must be thankful that there is one more kangaroo still bouncing around in the world.

Q: (Michael Schmidt - Auto, Motor und Sport) Mark, from what moment in Q3 were you sure that you made the right tyre choice?

MW: When I had the fastest time.

Q: (Frederic Ferret - L’Equipe) Question to the Red Bull drivers: as you start from the front of the grid, is it good for you that the two of you - because all the big names are at the back - is it good to be back in the championship race for tomorrow? And secondly, are you worried by Mark’s engine failure yesterday?

MW: Hahahahaha...a ferret...who let that in? You guys are so funny.....hahaha

Q: (Heikki Kulta - Turun Sanomat) Nico, your first ever front row and the first front row for Mercedes; does this give a special feeling to you?

NR: Oh yeah baby...and soon as I'm outta here, there's some baby oil with my name on it.....

Q: (Michael Schmidt - Auto, Motor und Sport) Sebastian, you were the only one of the top teams who went out immediately in Q1 and Nico waited quite a long time, like many others, which almost caught you out like the Ferraris and Hamilton. First of all, why did you go out early, and for Nico, were you getting nervous in the garage when you saw the others driving and you were being held back by the team?

NR: I had to wake Schumacher up from his afternoon nap....

SV: Mark farted, so I was outta there...phewee...stinker!

NR: You should smell...and hear...Schumis....old man farts are much worse, dude....

Great stuff Craig :clap3:

Well mark has gone half they way to redeem himself for his mistakes in Melbourne only a win in Sepang will be enough for most people to judge him worthy of the seat again.

Classic case of Ferrari and McLaren thinking they know it all. How many times do they have to get caught out in variable conditions to learn to run the entire Qualy session because no one knows at what stage the track will be at its fastest.

Great to see Robert drive down the outside of the cars lined up to leave the pits to leave first :clap3:

Well mark has gone half they way to redeem himself for his mistakes in Melbourne only a win in Sepang will be enough for most people to judge him worthy of the seat again.

I think if he hasn't done enough to prove himself unworthy of his Red Bull drive in the first two races, then today gives him the best oportunity yet to do so.

Mark is a capable enough driver. Why's everyone so against him all of a sudden? And more to the point, why am I defending an Australian, godammit :dam:

here we go!

livetiming hasn't been reset from yesterday yet - strange.

****ing great.

the only way I can watch the gp live is with livetiming and now that's not working either.

brills.

ah - they've decided to start it now, but without any commentary as yet.

Two, maybe three laps, and Shumi will have his mirrors filled with a yellow helmet....