Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brambilla

Bruno - Speed Up !

I'm sure a few of you noted last week that Chandok was within a Second of Bruno during qualy, and now this from todays Free Practice :

Practice session 1:

Karun Chandhok F110-01 #20 24 laps 1.41.966

Bruno Senna F110-02 #21 27 laps 1.41.832

Practice session 2:

Karun Chandhok F110-01 #20 27 laps 1.41.084

Bruno Senna F110-02 #21 32laps 1.41.481

Looks more and more like Chandoks no slouch / Bruno's not going to be the second coming. Frankly , I'm quite Gutted, I was praying that Bruno would Destroy Chandok this year and endear himself to one of the better teams (At least a Williams), doesnt look very promising though. I know, only two races and one practice session so far, I can still hope for the remainder of the year. :huh:

Second Coming was okay but their first album was better.

But no, Bruno was never going to set the world alight, especially not in such an uncompetitive team (didn't their own technical advisor recently come out and state he was "disappointed" with the car)?

Also no, Chandy is not that bad, and Bruno is not that good either, he was never going to "destroy him".

Anyway, it's only a practice session, so any conclusions you make are unreliable on two counts, firstly you're making them too early (not enough evidence) and secondly you are making them on practice where fuel loads and other factors are different (a poor source of evidence).

Verdict: don't expect too much, and wait and see.

Second Coming was okay but their first album was better.

But no, Bruno was never going to set the world alight, especially not in such an uncompetitive team (didn't their own technical advisor recently come out and state he was "disappointed" with the car)?

Also no, Chandy is not that bad, and Bruno is not that good either, he was never going to "destroy him".

Anyway, it's only a practice session, so any conclusions you make are unreliable on two counts, firstly you're making them too early (not enough evidence) and secondly you are making them on practice where fuel loads and other factors are different (a poor source of evidence).

Verdict: don't expect too much, and wait and see.

I agree. Going fast for a few laps in practice sessions is a far cry from going fast in a race, where it actually counts.

The fact that they are evenly matched is better for the team as a whole. What would be the worst situation would be one driver lagging by many seconds. This would make all testing irrelevant.

The fact that they are evenly matched is better for the team as a whole. What would be the worst situation would be one driver lagging by many seconds. This would make all testing irrelevant.

No information from a practice/testing session is irrelevant. Even if they were trying the same bits and strategies, having one lag behind the other would offer insight into the lagging driver's style and let the team better interpret information from that driver.

Unless we know exactly what the team was doing with each car and driver, there's just no way to judge how the driver is doing. It's only during the race that all the pieces come together and we see the worth of a driver vs his teammate.

Unless we know exactly what the team was doing with each car and driver, there's just no way to judge how the driver is doing. It's only during the race that all the pieces come together and we see the worth of a driver vs his teammate.

Agree.

Do we know if Bruno had a massive problem today?? He was lapped by Karun :eusa_think:

Wow so he was 6 laps down and not 5 at the end? Tell me more, I am really interested in the ups and downs of the Hysterically stupid Racing Team. Bunch of clowns.

The Senna/ Chandhok pair remind me on 2005 Jordan team with Monteiro and Karthikeyan.

In 2005 Karthikeyan was clealy faster than Monteiro until Monoco, Monteiro was faster and for the rest of the season was clealy faster than Karthikeyan.

I guess that Senna will be faster that Chandhok for the rest of the season.

I'm a fan of Karun. He seems a generally nice guy with a great personality and I wish him all the best. His performances in a dog of a car have been very respectable.

As I've said before, I never really did see all the hype in Bruno. Sure, he's a good driver, but I don't know if all the attention he's got is justified. Famous names don't get you everywhere in life.

I don't think you can tell how good a driver is when they are driving such a crap car. When you watch the on board footage, they're having to proper hack the steering wheel just to get round the simplest of corners. It must be a real dog to drive.

I remember laughing at how crap Alonso was when he drove for Minardi. There was no way I would have thought he would be capable of getting 2 WDC. But it was just because of the crap car, so you never know! Chandok could be the future champ!

Edit: Forgot how to use English for a moment there..

I don't think you can tell how good a driver is when they are driving such a crap car. When you watch the on board footage, they're having to proper hack the steering wheel just to get round the simplest of corners. It must be a real dog to drive.

I remember laughing at how crap Alonso was when he drove for Minardi. There was no way I would have thought he would be capable of getting 2 WDC. But it was just because of the crap car, so you never know! Chandok could be the future champ!

Edit: Forgot how to use English for a moment there..

I agree that they cannot be expected to give half a worthy drive with such car. That said, I must confess I think both of them are doing remarkable well considering the means at their disposal. Compare them with the amazing Hulk (who is becoming one of the usual suspects at every first corner tangle) and you will see that the guys at least try very hard despite the obviously inferior car.

As for Alonso, his skills were there. Jean Todt, Flavio Briatore, Schumacher and me acknowledged his talent even while he was driving a crappy car that broke down 80% of the time (and as I am definitely not at the same level as any of them regarding spotting new talents I guess many others too must have noticed his skills) :P

I agree that they cannot be expected to give half a worthy drive with such car. That said, I must confess I think both of them are doing remarkable well considering the means at their disposal. Compare them with the amazing Hulk (who is becoming one of the usual suspects at every first corner tangle) and you will see that the guys at least try very hard despite the obviously inferior car.

As for Alonso, his skills were there. Jean Todt, Flavio Briatore, Schumacher and me acknowledged his talent even while he was driving a crappy car that broke down 80% of the time (and as I am definitely not at the same level as any of them regarding spotting new talents I guess many others too must have noticed his skills) :P

That's true, I haven't thought about Hulkenburg. He does seem a bit crap, compared to the others.

I was wary writing my example about Alonso because I didn't want to end up talking about him again when the thread is obviously not about him. I will say no more because it does my head in that every thread is actually the same thing being said over and over and over again.

That's true, I haven't thought about Hulkenburg. He does seem a bit crap, compared to the others.

I was wary writing my example about Alonso because I didn't want to end up talking about him again when the thread is obviously not about him. I will say no more because it does my head in that every thread is actually the same thing being said over and over and over again.

Don't worry, I used the example just to show that even in dismal cars with dismal performances there are ways to tell sometimes that the guys are not that bad.

That does not mean you can know how good the guy can be. Maybe this is as good as it gets. (I used to think that Liuzzi was a good driver in a bad car, but as the cars improved he obviously hit his limit in the Force Indias now...he wasn't that bad but probably never too good) :(

Don't worry, I used the example just to show that even in dismal cars with dismal performances there are ways to tell sometimes that the guys are not that bad.

That does not mean you can know how good the guy can be. Maybe this is as good as it gets. (I used to think that Liuzzi was a good driver in a bad car, but as the cars improved he obviously hit his limit in the Force Indias now...he wasn't that bad but probably never too good) :(

blush.gifYou're not the only one, I used to think if Liuzzi had a chance he'd be ace. But obviously not. If I was Force India I'd get rid.

blush.gifYou're not the only one, I used to think if Liuzzi had a chance he'd be ace. But obviously not. If I was Force India I'd get rid.

You too? Marry me.

You too? Marry me.

Haha! You wouldn't be saying that if you knew all the drivers I thought were going to be good but turned out to be turkeys. I'll mention one name...Ralf Schumacher. Yep, I had the biggest crush on him and thought he was going to be champion. I used to cheer for him all the time at Williams. I don't mind admitting it because I like to think I'm more grown up now, that was when I was young and impressionable. blush.gif

Yes, however the popular presumption that they are doing a good job because their car is bad is wrong. We cannot know how well they are doing (or don't care enough honestly, I am sure we could learn more by analysing times lap by lap). They're simply not in a position to be compared to anyone else. They are in F1 however, so they don't get extra credit for driving a dog of a car around a track, they get credit for driving a dog of a car aorund faster than it would normally go - and we have no way of knowing this.

I personally think HRT are a bunch of clowns and a waste of space, we already have enough cars so we don't need a no good team that will never improve.

Yes, however the popular presumption that they are doing a good job because their car is bad is wrong. We cannot know how well they are doing (or don't care enough honestly, I am sure we could learn more by analysing times lap by lap). They're simply not in a position to be compared to anyone else.

I disagree. You cannot "measure" how bad or good they are perhaps would be more accurate, but you can get a general idea on how they are faring, at least. The car is hideous, and the handling is awful, that much you can tell by watching the cars on track. You can also compare them with at least the memories of other hideous cars from the past (i.e.: Minardi, Jordan, Super Aguri) and compare how many times those cars crashed due to driver's errors.

You will notice that given that these guys are driving a car far worse than the worst Minardi, and that they are being lapped by the same guy 3 times per every single lap they make, they have a fairly low record of crashes, did a much more honorable race at Monaco (a real test) compared to the Williams Flying Circus. So no, we can't tell if any of these guys is the next real deal but at least we know they are not the worst drivers of the world. Not much, but it's a start.

But they have nothing to aim for, half their time is spent getting lapped so they can't even drive on the racing line.

And they know however hard they try, they are never going to get near the cars in front of them. And due to reliability issues (or odd huge performance differentials between them sometimes) normally they are nowhere near each other on track, so they can't even race each other. It's like putting two GP2 cars on the F1 grid.

But they have nothing to aim for, half their time is spent getting lapped so they can't even drive on the racing line.

And they know however hard they try, they are never going to get near the cars in front of them. And due to reliability issues (or odd huge performance differentials between them sometimes) normally they are nowhere near each other on track, so they can't even race each other. It's like putting two GP2 cars on the F1 grid.

I agree. My point is more that you can't tell whether they are the next big thing in such a crappy car, but some things point to the idea that at least they are not hopeless. A luxury Ralph Schumacher couldn't afford, for example :D

I agree. My point is more that you can't tell whether they are the next big thing in such a crappy car, but some things point to the idea that at least they are not hopeless. A luxury Ralph Schumacher couldn't afford, for example :D

Haha I was waiting for a Ralf Schumacher comment! I was young and impressionable, besides I'm a lady now so I have much better taste! yes.gif

Haha I was waiting for a Ralf Schumacher comment! I was young and impressionable, besides I'm a lady now so I have much better taste! yes.gif

My younger sister liked Ralf too. A lot.

It gets worse. The only sportsman apart from Jose Mourinho I had a crush on (I was 19 and stupid) was Eddie ''I'm a twat'' Irvine. I cannot stand him now!

Anyway. Back to Senna. There's a great interview with him in F1 Racing. Gives a bit of a psychological profile too. Quite good.

Anyway. Back to Senna. There's a great interview with him in F1 Racing. Gives a bit of a psychological profile too. Quite good.

What month is that, whats on the cover, i have a suscription but it may have run out?