Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

In The Spotlight

May I be as so bold as to jump in here, then tag Adam after? I got tagged a few weeks back but Thai red shirt protests, bulletts, grenades, weddings and volcanoes got the better of me.

1. Why did you join this forum? I realised I had bored the hell out of all my friends with F1 talk. The ones who were interested were not particularly well informed and fell down on the detail. I'm way to self opinionated to keep my spurious rubbish all to myself, so when I stumbled upon the good ship TF1, I realised I had found my soapbox. I moaned and groaned about anti-Schumi speak early on, ranted, got put in my place by Russ, calmed down and have enjoyed it ever since. Some good people have gone and some better ones are frustratingly infrequent, but there's still some good stuff here, if you search for it. A bit like listening to jazz.

2. Blondes, brunettes or redheads? Beautiful women look beautiful, irrespective of their fur colour.

3. Ideal lady? Funny, caring, devoted and trustworthy. A gorgeous body helps. I pinch myself daily.

4. Your most favourite sportsman ever? Valentino Rossi.

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on? Polperro.

6. What would you do with 10 million bucks? Tell all the people I love that they will never have to worry about their mortgages again, just to see their faces. Build a house, start a family, buy a nice car and a nice bike, travel, come home, build a restaurant, manage it, invest what's left.

7. Name 5 people who have influenced your life. Tom Widdows, head of sixth form at my school. He taught me that you don't have to be an arse hole to be respected. We smoked in his office whilst he told me to leave a teacher alone who I was upsetting. I would have knocked the school down and rebuilt it by hand, if he asked me to. Frank Zappa, for opening up my music world and opening the doors to more brilliant like minded people than I can remember. My wife for making me a better human being, not through force but by teaching and patience. Bez, my best friend for just being a great man and beiang all that I value in a friend. And my Dad, for teaching me how to be strong, how to fight for what you believe in and how to respect yourself. I'm not half the man he is, but I'm having fun trying to be.

8. How would you rate yourself as a person? B- for effort, C for attainment.

Sorry Adam, I hope your toes aren't sore, continue......

"...Some good people have gone and some better ones are frustratingly infrequent, but there's still some good stuff here, if you search for it. A bit like listening to jazz."

thbup.gif Steve: Beautifully stated... and true.

ohhh - I get it...

1. Why did you join this forum?

I've whittled it down to these 3 possibilities...

i) momentary madness

ii) sustained idiocy

iii) perminent derangement

2. Blondes, brunettes or redheads?

Brunettes - always.

3. Ideal lady?

I already live with her. (didn't bother changing Monza's answer here) EDIT - No, I'm not living with Monza'a wife.

4. Your most favourite sportsman ever?

Pele - for the most beautiful missed goal ever - sorry, no youtube here, so I can't find it :(

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on?

Austrian Alps - best scenary I've ever witnessed & nice lifestyle.

6. What would you do with 10 million bucks?

Pay off my own, my family's & friends' debts, build my own house and travel to every place I want to see.

Donate the rest to some worthwhile NGOs.

7. Name 5 people who have influenced your life.

Parents, Brother, Wife, Future children. (Sorry to be boring folks, but they've already influenced my life far more than anyone else ever will.)

8. How would you rate yourself as a person?

Out of what?

Right - I nominate...... Dribbler.

thus avoiding the responsibility of reading all the posts above and finding who hasn't done it yet.

Yay for annoyingly lazy me!

Sorry Adam, I hope your toes aren't sore, continue......

Not at all, continue.......

:P

Dribs has answered dude. Chris hasn't. ;)

Sorry James. You are completely right. Sorry dude.

3. Ideal lady?

I already live with her. (didn't bother changing Monza's answer here) EDIT - No, I'm not living with Monza'a wife.

:angry: You screwed my next question up, I was just about to ask you about that.

:angry: You screwed my next question up, I was just about to ask you about that.

:D - thought I better make it clear - sorry.

Dribs has answered dude. Chris hasn't. ;)

Ah - but I thought Dribs hadn't nominated anyone - I was getting my own back for his toe stepping. ;)

But very well - I will nominate....

Neither have I. Just to point that out. :P

Oh - I can see you really want it so....

I nominate...

*drum roll*

Chris!

nah - just messing with you - I nominate JHS.;)

:D - thought I better make it clear - sorry.

Ah - but I thought Dribs hadn't nominated anyone - I was getting my own back for his toe stepping. ;)

But very well - I will nominate....

Oh - I can see you really want it so....

I nominate...

*drum roll*

Chris!

nah - just messing with you - I nominate JHS.;)

:lol:

Adam, sir. You are a noble and just ....er....dude. Yes. Dude.

Steve didn't nominate, you're right. Thats cause he thinks he's above the rules. A rebel with a cause.

Well breaking the rules comes with punishment, Stephen. Stand in the corner and say twenty 'Hail Stephs' and ten 'The Stephs Prayer'

What you've forgotten the words? Ok I'll remind you.

Hail Stephy

Full of grace

And a gorgeous face

Blessed is she amongst women

And blessed is she amongst the JD drinkers

Holy bikers

Leader of rock

Pray for your misdoings

And she wont kick your arse from here to Africa.

Amen.

Ok. Good. Continue James. :)

Hail Stephy

Full of grace

And a gorgeous face

Blessed is she amongst women

And blessed is she amongst the JD drinkers

Holy bikers

Leader of rock

Pray for your misdoings

And she wont kick your arse from here to Africa.

Amen.

Okay, amen, I said it. Now, you can still kick my arse anywhere, I don't care, as long as it's not back to you know where. And yes, I am a rebel without a clue (or whatever). Has Graham stepped up yet? If not, I nominate him, when everyone sorts themselves out. Come on Steph, kick their arses and get some order around here, it's a right mess.

Ok. Right on that note, some say she is Wolverine's stunt double and that she sleeps with a motorbike in her bed. All we know is she's called The Steph and she's gonna kick arse. Right. James, can you go next. Graham after you and discuss between you and agree who you will nominate next. Thats fair.

OK?

Haha, cheers, you're too kind the lot of you.

I often ask myself that a lot. I believe it was in 2007 that I signed up as SuperKimi and the havoc started from there. Not only did I manage to get up everyone's noses, but I also made a really good friend here too (after some early squabbles it has to be said). SuperKimi was retired and I left this place for a while. I came back full time last year, a bit more mature I hope as JHS. As for why I signed up here, well, I guess after SuperKimi this place had made an impression on me. If I really hated this place like I sometimes said as SK, I wouldn't be back here now. Thing is, it's fun to post here, much more than any board I've ever visited.

Brunettes I'd say.

3. Ideal lady?

I guess I'm a bit young to really be too picky on whoever I might end up with in the future, but any girl who can put up with me talking utter rubbish most the time is ideal! :P

I grew up following F1 and my idol was always Michael Schumacher, so I'd say him, but I also really like Valentino Rossi too. Both are big inspirations for me.

Switzerland or New Zealand. This place is nice, but I guess in the future I might want a change.

Firstly, travel the world and use the money to go to all the big races I want to go to. I'd buy a nice car and a nice house that would set me up for the future, and the rest, I think I'd give it to a leukemia charity for personal reasons.

My parents, my sister, my grandma who was in London at the time of the Blitz and my Grandad who's had more illnesses and things wrong with him (supposedly) over the last few years but is still fighting on strong currently at 88.

Ah, I think nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes now and again even though we try to avoid them. I'd say I'm a good person, by no means perfect, but not terrible either.

Hope I didn't bore you all to much!

Okay, not really sure who there is left to answer this, so I'll throw it up in the air, (watch your heads) anyone who wants to answer this next, step forward out of the shadows!

EDIT-Ah, okay, it's your turn Graham.

Dudes, I've already answered but just to add to the muddle over who's next, I nominate Chris! :D

Dudes, I've already answered but just to add to the muddle over who's next, I nominate Chris! :D

Thanks, Graham, but I told you a million times my name is not Chris, it is Andres.

Anyways, as I already answered, I nominate...Adam.

Thanks, Graham, but I told you a million times my name is not Chris, it is Andres.

TF2

I bet he calls himself Andres. That'd make him 3 years younger. :lol:

Eh? Wha? Someone mention my name?.... OK

I found the news bit of TF1 first as it was a good conduit (ooh there is a good word) for what was going on in F1, then discovered its forum thingy. Entered it as a lurker and discovered at the time a pitched battle going on between a couple of members (can't remember who now). Stuck around until I plucked up the courage to write something and immediately got shot down (as I recall, probably deservedly)... Anyhoo that was 3 years ago and this is the only F1 forum I use as the people are great and you do get the semblance of sensible discussion...

...sometimes :D

Has to be brunettes unless they are cute e.g. Emma Bunton :)

3. Ideal lady?

Found my ideal lady 21 years ago and married her. When I first clapped eyes on her (we worked in the same company and she joined after me) my very first thoughts were: "wow that's my ideal woman..." it turns out, despite having excellent eyesight and being of sound mind (and body :) ) that she felt similarly. Hard to believe, I know :) Been through a lot together and still hopelessly slushy with each other.

Aside from my dear wifeypoos, people who make me melt include Emma Bunton (have I mentioned her already?) Claire Forlani, Shania Twain, Karen Gillan (new Doctor Who assistant), Lucy "Xena" Lawless, Martine McCutcheon (aw cute!), Rosalyn Sanchez.

Not greatly into sport, apart from F1 (if that qualifies as a sport?) - in F1 it would have to be Mansell, Senna and Hakkinen. In CART/Champcar: Montoya, Zanardi.

Outside of F1, when I was a kiddie I remember Muhammed Ali and Bjorn Borg featuring highly.

That's tough I think the answer would be where I live now, in Sussex, UK or Stirling area in Scotland, BUT with wintering for 3 months overseas in Portugal, Gambia or Brazil. That's certainly my longer-term plan.

Help the more deserving friends and family; build a new house; buy a Jag; invest what remains and use it and income generated to promote good causes - maybe setup a charity and grant money to good causes or stimulate micro-grants/micro-loans like Kiva - www.kiva.org.

This is a really tough question to answer. Certainly not my family! My lovely wife (more than anyone), former boss Rene Carayol (inspirational, self-made millionaire with a unique take on management styles), Ian Freke (author of Jesus Mysteries - read it if you haven't already, very thought provoking book - no I'm not a Christian), Paul no, not you Pabloh! one of my best mates and my uncle (now dead) who abused me when I was a kid - not a positive influence, but an influence nonetheless and has partly made me what I am.

Its not for me to rate myself. Others should do that. I simply try to be a good, honest, positive person who tries to help others.

I nominate Ecap.

Thats lovely Chris. You should let Mrs Grabthaw read that.

You forgot Famke Janssen though. :P

Not greatly into sport, apart from F1 (if that qualifies as a sport?)

Yes it does. One of the very few sports left.

A: To deal with loneliness. Even if that weren't the case, it's a pretty good forum with a nice mix of people. Dunno much about F1, still it was fun to talk about it with you guys. About the joining, the first time I did so, I had this as a sig: Ferrari Fu*ckers, BMW Bastar*s, McLaren Masturbators, Renault Rapists, Williams Wa*kers, so on. Trust Bruce to play spoilsport. He said it's a 'famaly forum'. Oh well, it's still a good forum.

Edit: One thing I'll be forever grateful for joining this forum is it gave me a sort of career, courtesy Steve & Cav.

A: Doesn't matter, as long as she's natural all over.

3. Ideal lady?

A: Atheist, having a fantastic sense of humour, intelligent, independent, strong-minded and of course drop dead gorgeous. Now what was that about 'opposites attract'?

A: Michael Schumahcer, of course! Honourable mentions for Valentino Rossi (though I don't follow him closely), Juan Roman Riquelme, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer.

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on.

A: A place which allows total creativity, is relatively less populated, has all the necessary infrastructure, has a nice climate and offers a good quality of life. Will let you know the moment I land into one.

A: I, me, myself.

A: Oddly enough, though I have a very pliable (read weak) mind, I've never thought about anyone influencing me. I don't think anyone has.

A: A long way to go. No false modesty there.