Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

In The Spotlight

:lol:

Tommy. Endearing. Brilliant!

.....so now I am going to have a coffee becuase I heard that a drink is good for this cases.

You'll need something stronger than coffee......that or a cold shower. ^_^

Kate - You and your dirty sister did a fine job, and we appreciate your willingness to completely expose yourself in this manner. It will provide plenty of ammunition in the months to come.

As for Tommy, well, a cold shower followed by a few well-placed ice packs would be best prescribed. I just caught up with this inter-Forum romance but fortunately Doctor Mike is already on the case. And, Kate, be forewarned: he has blond eyelashes.

So, put your latex gloves on and tag the next schmuck member Forum friend so that we can keep this thread alive and divert ourselves from the utter hopelessness of our lives.

(I'm on no sleep, no sleep...)

OK, I've got Massa firmly in mind.

We actually do call him Massa as a joke because we think my nephew could be as tall as Massa is...he's so small!

Ferrari.jpg

(Massa last weekend)

Thanks for your comments everyone. Schumikonen, thanks, you really make me laugh "I'd were sunglases all the time " :P haha!

I'm not the best person to choose someone next because most of the people I have come across on here have already gone. But I have seen Piquet the terrible2, don't know if this is your type of thing but I tag you!

You'll need something stronger than coffee......that or a cold shower. ^_^

:blink:

As for Tommy, well, a cold shower followed by a few well-placed ice packs would be best prescribed. I just caught up with this inter-Forum romance but fortunately Doctor Mike is already on the case. And, Kate, be forewarned: he has blond eyelashes.

So, put your latex gloves on and tag the next schmuck member Forum friend so that we can keep this thread alive and divert ourselves from the utter hopelessness of our lives.

(I'm on no sleep, no sleep...)

Cold shower and :unsure: Ice packs? Now I know why people decide to keep these kind of stuff as a secret :eusa_think:, I'll play it safe and I am not going to tell anything about it, is not that I am a coward but for some reason I resit to experiencing any kind of pain. :P

We actually do call him Massa as a joke because we think my nephew could be as tall as Massa is...he's so small!

Ferrari.jpg

(Massa last weekend)

He looks nice in that suit, some people are so lucky, the closer I have been to dress like that was when I got a Schumi's T-shirt that my sister sent me form Austria :P Don't tell anyone but I don't know where that T-shirt is. ;)

He looks nice in that suit, some people are so lucky, the closer I have been to dress like that was when I got a Schumi's T-shirt that my sister sent me form Austria :P Don't tell anyone but I don't know where that T-shirt is. ;)

My nephew is very lucky because he has the best Auntie in the world!!! :D And maybe if you were a good boy and didn't lose your Schumacher T-shirt, then maybe Santa would have brought you a cool F1 shirt for Christmas one year.

He is ADORABLE!!

Danny, your up next bitch! :lol:

Has this fine thread gone the way of yesterday's newspaper?

Are you implying people still care about today's newspaper? :P

Print media's dead.

This thread shouldn't be.

Perhaps if no one else cares to answer the questions someone could make 8 new ones and go back through the members.

Alllllll-righty then, Eric....8 new questions:

1 What do you hope people will write on your headstone........and what would you write on your headstone (just for a laff, or you can be serious)?

2 What was the first Formula 1 race you remember watching?

3 If you could have chosen your own name, what would it have been?

4 What is your worst sporting injury (and for those of you with slightly soiled minds *cough Andre cough* you can consider the art of lovemaking as sport)?

5 What is your job, and if you are student, what are you studying or what job to you hope to have?

6 Everyone has a funny story from back in the day .... so lets hear one

7 Would you be the driver, the mechanic, the designer, or the team boss of an F1 team? And why?

8 Name three things on your bucket list (things you want to do / see before you kick it...the bucket that is)

1 What do you hope people will write on your headstone........and what would you write on your headstone (just for a laff, or you can be serious)?

"The best human, so far". I would write "I watch you in the shower".

Monaco. Would have been '77 ish.

Stefano Vajsplit.

4 What is your worst sporting injury (and for those of you with slightly soiled minds *cough Andre cough* you can consider the art of lovemaking as sport)?

A nasty index finger nail breakage during a frenzied tiddlywinks match.

5 What is your job, and if you are student, what are you studying or what job to you hope to have?

Just finished restoring classic cars after thirteen years. Currently considering options with many fingers in pies.

18, living at home, I returned one evening after a night on the beer with the boys. Went to bed, got up in the middle of the night, walked into the bathroom with my eyes shut on autopilot and pee'd on my mum who was sat on the toilet. Didn't know, went back to bed.

7 Would you be the driver, the mechanic, the designer, or the team boss of an F1 team? And why?

The driver. Nothing else compares.

8 Name three things on your bucket list (things you want to do / see before you kick it...the bucket that is)

See a cure for cancer. See Canada. See my child with child.

Alllllll-righty then, Eric....8 new questions:

a/ Here lies the best darn tooting corpse in the graveyard

b/ I came in with a poop of my pants.....and went out the same way :P

Me thinks is was Spa, or may have been the A1, but anyways it was back when Piquet Maximus, Senna, Mansell, Prost, et al were racing, and there was an almighty big smash at the start that only three or four cars avoided. Those were the days that there were T-cars, so half the field got to re-start the race. If memory serves Piquet won.

Scott...i think....never really thought about it till now...why'd I ask this question again?

Riding (mountainbiking) the 42 Traverse here in NZ (a long track through a National Park next to Mt Ruapehu in the North Island), and just on the onset of winter (read f'ing cold), was in a group of about 40-riders out for a good days fun. Group contained a dentist, a nurse, two doctors, some mechanics, a lawyer, a photographer, students, engineers...basically just about all forms and spectrums were covered....about a quarter of us were Nationally ranked riders, some even World ranked, cross country and downhillers, the rest were mates, and the WAGS (wives and girlfriends). Anyways, myself and some of the racer boys were leading the pack, the then current National champ leading the way...we were moving pretty quick when we rounded a bend on a downhill section to find the track washed away...as in landslide stuff...Jon (the Nat Champ) ditched his bike off the left...Stu (just a racer), ditched his across the only rutted line, and yours truly had but one direction to go....right off the edge.

Thankfully the front brakes worked a treat and and bucked me right off the bike, which being only a few weeks old decided on it's own it was too nice and shiny to join me in tumbling off a cliff, and left me to fly helplessy over the edge and to land knee first on a little ledge (which was kinda thankful actually, as otherwise I would not have been stopping my descent for some considerable time had I not landed on it).

Long story short, after being hauled back up to the track via bicycle ladder.....thats where a bike gets lowered down to you with the one wheel being held from above, and you dangling off the other wheel...and having one very split and open knee taped back together with insulation tape, then covered over with some lycra arm warmers (oh yes, two doctors, a nurse, and a dentist in the group, and no first aid kit), we set off again to get to the finish of the ride, some 40km further away....still suffering from mild shock, I fell off the bike on the descent past the washout...not once, but twice, and each time squarely landing on the mashed up knee. Then a couple of ice-cold, mountain run-off water crossings aided in seizing up the knee, and finally one very long and steep climb out to the parking lot, where we were (eventually) picked up and taken the 250km back to where we were staying for the weekend.

So, finally I get some medical attention, but not before 9 and a half hours had passed since I first flew off the cliff.

Mechanical design engineer, in road transport, railway infrastructure equipment, solidwaste equipment, liquid waste equipment, green waste equipment, agricultural equipment

Fighting in the Auckland Judo Champs when I was 12 or 13....threw my competitor on the mat, split my pants from crotch to waist....ok, so not so funny, nor detailed but number 4 above was long enough

The designer, or team boss.....obviously because I am a designer, and the other one, because I've always ended up in roles of leadership, so why the hell not?

Follow the Tour de France, in France, in a camper van.

Visit the Smithsonian

Walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding

Oh Dribbles beat me to it...lol...

Well, Dribbles, yee of father to be hood.....you can tag on from here.... :)

Oh Dribbles beat me to it...lol...

Well, Dribbles, yee of father to be hood.....you can tag on from here.... :)

Fair do's. Let's hear eight answers from our Mikey Pumes then.....

1a - I hope people write every obscenity in every language and leave lots of flowers. I like the juxtaposition.

1b - I'll be back.

Long Beach (live) with my uncle....'79 or '80 (damned memory is going. Gilles was on pole...what year was that?)

Eh. I like my name, so no change.

Got hit in the balls in 7th grade by a baseball shot at me from one of those auto-pitching machines. For an instant, I think I saw God. Then I passed out.

Graphic Artist/Dad.

I have it on good authority that I'm not funny.

Driver.

I'm assuming these are things that I can actually do, with the proper effort....

1. Paint my house.

2. Punch three people who shall remain nameless

3. Be a famous painter (not for painting my house...but I'll take it).

Russ! Are you 'round here anymores? I tag you, old chum!

1a - I hope people write every obscenity in every language and leave lots of flowers. I like the juxtaposition.

Priceless :lol:

Thank you, Mike. Here goes:

1a - My name.

1b - Oh no, not again.

Dunno. Except the cars didn't have wings, it was in the 60s, and I hadn't learned to read yet.

It's ok as it is, thanks. My Dad wanted to call me Chester, after Chet Atkins. Come to think of it, Chet is pretty cool.

Made a hopeless tackle during a rugby game and broke several fingers.

In these austere times I seem to have devolved into a CAD monkey drawing other folks ideas of good architecture. Thinking of training to be a BREEAM assessor though.

There are no funny stories from back in the day. Except for a blog entry about drinking in Wales.

Designer. No question.

1. Become impossibly old and cantankerous.

2. Design a truly innovative building that actually gets built.

3. Drive or own an Armstrong Siddley Star Sapphire and a Bristol Beaufighter.

I shall now nominate Graham.

Graham. Wake up!

My apologies for taking so long. I did read the kind invitation from Russ but I wasn't myself recently and didn't feel like it, tbh. But that was then, and with no further ado:

"Muzza woz ere?" Hmmm... I like Shakespeare's epitaph too:

"Good Friends, for Jesus' sake forbear,

To dig the bones enclosèd here!

Blest be the man that spares these stones,

And curst be he that moves my bones."

And while checking it I came across Isaac Newton's, which was written by Alexander Pope:

"Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:

God said, 'Let Newton be!' and all was light."

Adelaide '94 but I must have seen earlier ones that season but I don't remember them but they must have been good.

Marmaduke de Fortinbras, 2nd Earl of Telford.

Well, I once burst blood vessels halfway down my thighs after trying out some exercises designed to improve the art of lovemaking and then running to catch a train... never again. Wait you didn't really want to know that, right? Anyway, as a young kid I did gymnastics (on second reading I wonder if perhaps this topic and the last don't sit so easily together on this forum) and running around the sports centre with no shoes on I once managed to cut my toe on the big nasty doors. And several years ago I needed physio after a trek around the Mt Blanc area.

I hope to be king of the world. And I'm going to marry Sarah Palin to do it.

Once upon a time I was regarded as a bit of a nerd. It was physics class and everyone, especially me, thought I walked on water. One day the teacher, Mr Abrams, lovably eccentric guy, started talking about cars because we were all learning to drive. He told us that a working knowledge of physics was important to know how to take care of your car. We didn't believe him, since he was blatantly trying to make us take more interest in his homework, so he decided to ask a question to prove his point. He picked on the one person in the class who already loved physics and asked me how a clutch worked. I'd just had a lesson with my dad in our old car so I proudly explained how the clutch choke worked by allowing more air into the engine... and the entire class guffawed at my blunder.

Actually that story isn't even funny. It makes me mad just thinking about them laughing at me. I can still hear the childish giggling as my ego crashed to earth. But the good thing is that one day I'm gonna get even (or odd?) and build my own x-ray gun and kill all the fukcers in quadrature.

I'd like to be the driver but I don't have the heart to out-drive Lewis Hamilton so I'd be the designer I suppose.

Gwyneth Paltrow, Gwyneth Paltrow's tits and hmmm my mind has gone blank...

Can I nominate Mr Alex? Just so he has a consolation for when his team loses miserably on Sunday. :P Plus I'm curious about one of his answers.

I don't like graffiti.......and I wouldn't be able to write anything on my own headstone, I guess. tongue.gif

I don't like graffiti sounds funny.

"Excuse me, I can't stand up" Groucho Marx

The first drivers I remember watching are Emerson Fittipaldi, he was/is very popular in Spain, and Lauda. I remember watching on TV a few F1 races from the Jarama Circuit but I can't remember what year it was, and some others from around the World. I just enjoyed the cars going fast, wheel to wheel racing/passing, the cars burning, crashing...

Probably the first race I remember so clearly is Japan 1989.

My own name.

I used to play tennis, I started when I was 4 or 5 years old and I don't remember having injuries. happy.gif

Cycling I had a few but I was young and I quit young. For me normal life's been harder than sport.

Family business.

Yes, let's hear one.

The driver but... Race Director or FIA President I wouldn't mind. smile.gif

Probably the list is too long and most of the items are out of date or I can't pick just three of them. Maybe I have to renew it.

Can I nominate Mr Alex? Just so he has a consolation for when his team loses miserably on Sunday. tongue.gif Plus I'm curious about one of his answers.

So you didn't know what an Octopus knew straightaway. tongue.gif

I leave a popular saying for you to translate into English: La curiosidad mató al gato. What was that answer that you're curious about? If I didn't reply to it properly, like I did with most of the questions, I might be able to do it in a better way. smile.gif

Ok, I nominate Adams. Our atheist troublemaker. tongue.gif

La curiosidad mató al gato.

I find that interesting, actually. It's rare to see an expression that's used identically in both Spanish and English. I recall Spanish expressions like "dar calabazas a alguien" being quite different from the English equivalents (in that example, "to stand someone up"). I guess the two in my example are both united by making no sense whatsoever for what they really mean. :lol:

I don't like graffiti. Alex, thats genius!