Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

In The Spotlight

1 What do you hope people will write on your headstone........and what would you write on your headstone (just for a laff, or you can be serious)?

Those who read this headstone, I'm gonna haunt your arse, forever.

Seriously: Lived a full life never wasted a moment. Loved with her soul. Laughed with her heart. Died happy and fulfilled.

2 What was the first Formula 1 race you remember watching?

I remember Nelson Piquet, just being completely mesmerised by him. I was 4 or 5.

3 If you could have chosen your own name, what would it have been?

I'd have Steph as my first rather than middle one.

4 What is your worst sporting injury (and for those of you with slightly soiled minds *cough Andre cough*

Too many accidents to remember and count. But one of the worst was smashing my legs falling down a mountain, rock climbing. I'd also broke my arm, dislocated shoulder, smashed ribs and cuts everywhere. It was an open fracture on right leg too.

5 What is your job, and if you are student, what are you studying or what job to you hope to have?

Research Historian at the moment, for a TV company. Studying for degree. Once done, going to Chicago for my masters. Hope to write reference papers and open up a trust for underprivileged kids who are into History to study. I'd like to become a scholar/professor. Reach the top of my field. And I will do it.

6 Everyone has a funny story from back in the day .... so lets hear one

I was with my ex, it was a hot day, I was feeling rather frisky. My Dad had asked me to house sit. Me and the ex got it on, really into it. I'm almost at the height, so obviously I'm telling him harder, faster, oh don't stop. I heard my Dads voice. 'I hope your screwing the light bulb and not my daughter'. Next to the sofa was an intercom phone which we'd knocked off its cradle. It was automatically on once the receiver gets removed, as Dad was in a wheelchair.

7 Would you be the driver, the mechanic, the designer, or the team boss of an F1 team? And why?

Team boss. I'm a damned fine manager, plus the power and control wouldn't go to my head. If I was in MotoGP I'd be a rider for sure!

8 Name three things on your bucket list (things you want to do / see before you kick it...the bucket that is)

1. Have my own family. Yeah. I've grown up a bit.

2. My job as stated earlier.

3. Meet up with peeps from here, and have a few[bottles of] drinks!

Yeah. I jumped in. Sick of waiting for you to tag me, b#####ds!

I tag the cool chick, Tanita.

1. Why did you join this forum?

A: Wanted to find predictions on the 2005 season online... got a link to here, and have never looked back!

2. Blondes, brunettes or redheads?

A: Blondes (have to be surfer types though) or Brunettes... Just no gingers!!!!

3. Ideal lady?

A: I'm gay... so my ideal man would have to be my current squeeze!

4. Your most favourite sportsman ever?

A: Not really got an all time fave... current fave is obviously Jenson!

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on.

A: Sydney (where I now live!) EDIT... I'd also like to add I'd love to live somewhere like Buenos Aires, or Montevideo for a couple of years, there is something about South America that intrigues and fascinates me!

6. What would you do with 10 million bucks?

A: I'd be selfish and use it to set up a property development business... I wouldn't give anything to charity!

7. Name 5 people who have influenced your life.

A: My mother!

8. How would you rate yourself as a person?

A: I'm a bit trashy, a bit of a party animal, and can be a complete bitch at times... but deep down I genuinely believe I am a nice person, caring and considerate!

5. If you could live anywhere in The world where would you settle on.

I love Britain, I'm so proud of its history and what its achieved for such a tiny little island, I like the culture, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Anyway in any other country a blonde white-boy like me would probably not stand the heat lol!

I am proud of the UK's history and what it achieved to be the most powerful nation in the world a century ago... however I could never imagine living there again and being happy! There is so much the rest of the world has to offer... It is, after all, such a small island with little to offer someone like me!

I say screw tagging. Everyone answer them! Andrés! George! Tanita! James! Jay! Everyone! Go on! Please! I mainly post during summer weeks when there is no F1, so I feel a need to try to make it more active during those times. :)

1 What do you hope people will write on your headstone........and what would you write on your headstone (just for a laff, or you can be serious)?

That's a downer of a question, I think. Or maybe I'm just disappointed I have nothing clever to respond to it with :P

I've never watched one!

No, the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix was my first. A solid race; enough to convince me to watch every single race that year. I've only done 1.5 so far this year, so that's changed a bit.

I like my current one, though I'd rather not have a middle name. I'd just prefer a better TF1 username, though, but Eric was taken by myself and I don't care much for numbers. I'll certainly change it if I ever hit 1500...I could stay true to my New Jersey roots and go with "Pucky the Situation," though I'll definitely consider "lewistEric." Maybe I'll just create a thread when I get there and let you guys choose, or even make the rights to pick my display name a prize of a silly contest. Who knows? If it injects life in "The Café" during these down periods...

4 What is your worst sporting injury (and for those of you with slightly soiled minds *cough Andre cough* you can consider the art of lovemaking as sport)?

I fell off the garage stairs once and bruised my pinky, which did indeed hinder my golfing.

Not sure it's the worst (I think the damage I did to my ankles by ignoring tendinitis while I was a 100m sprinter and high jumper for my school's team is the worst), but I learned a good-lesson karting. I had a nice accident on the fastest part of the track (karts topped at 60 or 65 mph, so I'd assume a little under that speed considering it was at the end of a long straight but I did brake...a bit). I was pretty light compared to other karters (I was the lightest eligible for my weight class), so I flew past down the straight, but was on the outside so I figured I'd clear before braking into the hairpin on the end...no runoff room so I found the barriers. I was out for a little bit; I remember seeing one of the track workers talking but hearing nothing. The lesson? Well, karts don't have belts, and with the fuel tank under the steering column...my masculinity found itself in an uncomfortable place after a nice impact with the tank. If I ever come out of retirement (I won't), I won't forget a cup.

5 What is your job, and if you are student, what are you studying or what job to you hope to have?

I am a full-time student studying macroeconomics, microeconomics, government, calculus II, English literature, and advanced biology at the university level (I get both uni and high school credit for them), as well as accounting at the high school level (took it because it fit in my schedule and is a total joke of a class; I need something easy). Ultimate goal is law school...so a minimum of seven years of uni await me if I do pursue it. Outside of school, I volunteer in a program through my school where I mentor younger students, help new students transition to the school, promote responsible decision making, and plan/coordinate various town events promoting wellness. It's been a fantastic experience and I hope to find similar programs even after I leave school.

I'm 17, you know, the embarrassing stories are being written in the present, not the past! Ask again later. :lol:

7 Would you be the driver, the mechanic, the designer, or the team boss of an F1 team? And why?

Team boss, for sure, though I'd have no interest in working in F1. But I definitely prefer leadership roles (I've often wondered if that's the nice way of saying one is a micromanaging a##hole...hmm...). Besides, I was a miserable kart racer, so driver's off. And then I know nothing of cars, so being the mechanic would be a rough go for me (I'm from my generation, after all. There's either an iPhone app for fixing my car or daddy ought to just pay someone to do it for me ;)). Designer? Maybe the livery, but not the actual car! After all, I think Hyundais look good and, as far as making something fast, a year of high school physics doesn't quite qualify me.

8 Name three things on your bucket list (things you want to do / see before you kick it...the bucket that is)

1. Do: you naked

2. See: you naked

3. Kick: you naked

Nah. I'm not sure, really, that I have specifics. I want to complete my education; have an enjoyable, interesting, and rewarding career; meet interesting people; and have fun with aforementioned interesting people. Wherever that takes me, whatever experiences I get from that, I'll appreciate and enjoy. I set goals to help me get there, but no need to plan specifics that I must do...takes the fun out of it. I'll figure out what was worth doing in my life by doing it. Right now, I'm just looking forward to moving away to uni and getting a fresh start to liven things up a bit. :)

I'm not as cool as you Steph! But we can make a band, or a gang... or something :P

As Eric said, a bit too early for headstones, but if I could hope for something to be written it would be some meaningful lyrics of a song that described part of me or a part of my life :)

I'd write... uhm... "I want YOU for company" muahahahaha. :P

Difficult question, it wasn't too long ago, I guess maybe in 1999 or 2000, Schumi was winning all around. I remember more of the circumstances surrounding watching a race than the race itself, which is a bit pathetic. The first time I started watching seriously all the races was in 2005 when I finally found myself a driver to support, Kimi :)

I love my name. When I was a kid I liked Maya because I was born in May and some fairy or such had this name in a book, but I discarded it real fast xD

4 What is your worst sporting injury (and for those of you with slightly soiled minds *cough Andre cough*

My worst injury at all was a sprained ankle or a cut in my thigh from some protruding bit of metal, so I've led an uneventful life... and now you know that karate is a pretty harmless sport XD

I'm studying something akin to Business Administration, I'm gonna start the second year this September. My hopes for a job aren't definite at all yet, so knock again in one year!

Again, as Eric said, this is pretty much back in the day. I'm thinking... thinking... let's see:

The first time I met many friends that I came to know in the internet was at a manga convention. There were some 17 of us in all, and on the shoulders of the couple who lived closest fell the responsibility of finding us a house to spend the nights. A house was found. That night I shared a bunk bed with my best friend in the lower bunk and with a guy we had just met in the upper bed. But we could hardly sleep, because the 8 people who had to find a way to sleep in the cramped living room were having a party... And the guy with us would say: why don't we make our own party? (it was an obvious joke, but fun anyways xD). In the morning I had to jump over the only sleeping people in the living room, the 2 on the floor (how do you manage that? xD) to get to the bathroom which was, obviously, occupied, so on to jumping back... Fun times (and even more so for the fact that my mum didn't have a clue of what I was doing xD)

Moral of the story: if you guys come to a manga con I'll be there to welcome you :P

Designer. Because I have absolutely no qualifications to be one. I suck at drawing, my imagination is poor, but I love good looking cars... so it sounds like the coolest job ever to me :D

There are many things I should do before I get to the venerable age of 150, like, getting to 100 :P

But what I know is:

I want to have a family, and raise decent kids (I'm doubting my qualifications for that xD)

I want to travel. Maybe not all over the world, but I want to have a great memory of every place I visit.

I want to learn much much more. I'm so green! I know little about life, little about history, little about how to survive in the wilderness... so much to do!

@ Eric...Pansy?!?!?!?! Why, I'd take a swing at you, but I might crack a nail...

@Argento....Pleople.....what's a Pleople?

Is the way to say "People" with your mouth full!!!

It's not really something I think about. Maybe it would just be funny to have some random line from a book there, so everybody tried to work out why I put it. More seriously though, something deep and meaningful, perhaps a quote or favourite song lyric.

I know the first race I watched throughout was the 2006 Bahrain GP. Not that I can remember it all that well. I've watched some older races and plenty of documentaries from different era's since then as my interest in the sport grew pretty quickly, obviously it's not really the same though.

I think there's quite a lot in a name, and I'm fairly happy with mine. Saying that, I like the name Noel a lot, has a certain quality to it (and no, not because I'm an Oasis fan)!

Does hide & seek count as a sport? When you're about 6 years old? It was Halloween, some friends and me were playing hide and seek in the dark in my house. My parents had rearranged the furniture in the living room that day; I'd forgotten in the way that kids do. I went to sit in a chair (remember, it's dark), fell straight back when it wasn't there and cut my head open pretty bad on a glass cabinet. Left a nice scar. Fun times. Had to wear a bandage around my head in school for a bit, like a young and clumsy Karate Kid!

Thankfully, that is probably the worst injury I've had. I can't remember any sporting injuries that were particularly bad (other than getting a football kicked right at my bollocks at least 4 times already in my life) as I'm not the sporty type (although I could be, I'm just a lazy twat). Oh I remember once I ran the 200m at school and then chucked up right after, that was less of an injury and more of a dodgy curry mind you.

Just finished college (hopefully, depending on results). University awaits - I've applied to study law. As for a career, that's less clear at present but thankfully the length of time it takes to get the necessary qualifications in law give me some time to consider it. Obviously studying law suggests a career in that area as some kind of lawyer (be it a solicitor, Barrister, etc), but I can't really imagine that as my life because I get bored of things pretty quickly; although maybe a job in law will remain changing and challenging on a daily basis so that won't be a problem. Who knows, it'd be fun to find out.

I have lots of funny stories, I can just never remember most of them, and in most cases you have to be there to get it. Bearing that in mind though:

I remember one time when I was in a "lecture" in college this girl gave me a condom (can't remember why, and no, she wasn't suggesting something :P), it was still packaged and everything. Well anyway, in the next lecture we went to, me and some others who liked to have a bit of fun, decided we'd put it to use* and play a bit of a trick on our teacher. So we got to the room early and hid this unopened condom somewhere, but in plain sight, to see if he'd notice it. As soon as he walked in he knew we were up to something 'cos everyone was just laughing, after a minute he says "okay, whatever you've done, I'm gonna leave the room for a minute so just undo it". So we took it from it's original place, opened up his laptop on his desk, put it on the keyboard, then closed the lid (knowing he'd eventually use the laptop during the lesson because he always did). He comes back in, 5 minutes later opens up his laptop, the look on his face was priceless and we were just laughing. Great fun.

It was great to have a lecturer who could take a joke like that, and well, as I've seen so many other times you can get away with almost unbelievable things if you do it with a cheeky grin :lol:

*Love my choice of words here.

I have none of the talents or skills required for any of those I fear. If I could choose to be good at one of them I'd be the driver, no question.

Hopefully just not live an ordinary life, really. Travel a lot, learn a lot, meet lots of people and see lots of things. One thing I know is that I certainly want to see Rossi racing live at some point, I think he is to bike racing what Fangio is to F1, if you like, so that would be a good thing to do.

Damn.

This is like when you find out Jay Gatsby is really James Gatz. I know George's middle name, I know his educational background, I know that he's a poseur and has no knowledge of F1, I know he doesn't really live in a KFC, I know he isn't friends with David Richards...it's all ruined. :o

Damn.

This is like when you find out Jay Gatsby is really James Gatz. I know George's middle name, I know his educational background, I know that he's a poseur and has no knowledge of F1, I know he doesn't really live in a KFC, I know he isn't friends with David Richards...it's all ruined. :o

Well Erica, when I joined this forum (like you I imagine) I was wary of the fact that expressing opinions when people know you're a youngster is likely to colour how much value some people place on your posts, irrespective of how good they are, and also how they respond to you - particularly in a debating situation. I'd rather people judged a post on its own merits rather than my merits. Hence I never divulged anything too personal, I never lied, but I did omit :P The only difference between you and me is that I was too lazy to create a whole older persona :lol:

..and yes, I knew answering those questions would spoil it for you :lol: But then again, you were the one who "tagged" me to do it, if it had been anyone else I probably would have ignored the request, so in a sense you were the master of your own disappointment :P

Seriously though, don't worry too much, after all, I could be lying about all of those answers!

:lol:

What's funny, you know, is for all the effort, reading my posts back again...they sounded exactly the way a 13-year-old would post, so I had nothing to worry about.

Y R U MAKIN FUN OF AMERICKA YOU ****IN b#####d WHORE SCOTT SPEEED IS GONNA WIN THE WDC VETTEL SUKS LIZZUI SUKS YOU SUK FRENCH PEOPLE DON'T BATHE.

I imagine people were just too lazy to question me, because there's no way they didn't know. :lol:

Again, as Eric said, this is pretty much back in the day. I'm thinking... thinking... let's see:

The first time I met many friends that I came to know in the internet was at a manga convention. There were some 17 of us in all, and on the shoulders of the couple who lived closest fell the responsibility of finding us a house to spend the nights. A house was found. That night I shared a bunk bed with my best friend in the lower bunk and with a guy we had just met in the upper bed. But we could hardly sleep, because the 8 people who had to find a way to sleep in the cramped living room were having a party... And the guy with us would say: why don't we make our own party? (it was an obvious joke, but fun anyways xD). In the morning I had to jump over the only sleeping people in the living room, the 2 on the floor (how do you manage that? xD) to get to the bathroom which was, obviously, occupied, so on to jumping back... Fun times (and even more so for the fact that my mum didn't have a clue of what I was doing xD)

Moral of the story: if you guys come to a manga con I'll be there to welcome you :P

Ah, This sounds sooo familiar. I used to go to the San Diego ComicCon as a young, poor artist and this just about describes the experience! There was even one year when I was making good money with comics and payed for a room at the expensive Hyatt next to the convention center...and I had 6 friends crash my room and I ended up sleeping in the chair next to the desk. I'm too kind.....

Well Erica, when I joined this forum (like you I imagine) I was wary of the fact that expressing opinions when people know you're a youngster is likely to colour how much value some people place on your posts, irrespective of how good they are, and also how they respond to you - particularly in a debating situation. I'd rather people judged a post on its own merits rather than my merits. Hence I never divulged anything too personal, I never lied, but I did omit :P The only difference between you and me is that I was too lazy to create a whole older persona :lol:

..and yes, I knew answering those questions would spoil it for you :lol: But then again, you were the one who "tagged" me to do it, if it had been anyone else I probably would have ignored the request, so in a sense you were the master of your own disappointment :P

Seriously though, don't worry too much, after all, I could be lying about all of those answers!

Actually, knowing your age and vocation would explain why we disagree so much. You've trained to debate and that's your 'default' mode. Your age tells me you've grown up with a different racing sensibility than I did. Knowing these things would have softened my frustrations when attempting to chat with you (and probably vice versa!).

..and yes, I knew answering those questions would spoil it for you :lol: But then again, you were the one who "tagged" me to do it, if it had been anyone else I probably would have ignored the request, so in a sense you were the master of your own disappointment :P Seriously though, don't worry too much, after all, I could be lying about all of those answers!

I'll argue that it's not my fault, actually, in the interest of raising my post count and the hearing the delicious sound of my own voice/typing.

I tagged you, sure, but the tag was not valid, because I had never actually been tagged in the first place, and just did them at will, and therefore, my post was not valid and the people I tagged in it (another violation; tagging multiple people) should have ignored the tags, as I stole someone else's turn and did not earn the right to tag, as I was not actually tagged. My post was, so to speak, the "URGENT BUSINESS! Your cooperation required" email in your inbox. Perhaps I shouldn't have put it there, but you shouldn't have opened it and responded with your bank account details. :P

Actually, knowing your age and vocation would explain why we disagree so much. You've trained to debate and that's your 'default' mode. Your age tells me you've grown up with a different racing sensibility than I did. Knowing these things would have softened my frustrations when attempting to chat with you (and probably vice versa!).

Well I haven't been trained to debate to be fair, I haven't done mooting and I wasn't taught legal debating or anything like that. Arguing a point is just part of my personality and it's probably why I stay on TF1, not to pick arguments with people, but to state my case if I disagree with something. It just happens that I disagreed with a lot of your posts lately! I'm not an argumentative person in "real" life though, that's no fun, I'd rather just make a sarcastic comment than get into some long pointless debate, but on here it's different somehow. I don't mean to have a debatey sort of style, I just like to attack posts that I disagree with.

There has to be some truth in what you say though, growing up in a different era will definitely create a different impression of racing, no matter how much old footage I watch, books I read etc. Then again, I've also agreed with a lot of what other members have posted on lots of different subjects, so I'm not sure it's just that. The topics you tend to discuss are usually either controversial or important to the sport, and probably encourage strong opinions, so maybe that's why I have a higher "disagreement rate" with you than a lot of other people here, just because of the type of thread/post you make and my impression of racing.

I'll argue that it's not my fault, actually, in the interest of raising my post count and the hearing the delicious sound of my own voice/typing.

I tagged you, sure, but the tag was not valid, because I had never actually been tagged in the first place, and just did them at will, and therefore, my post was not valid and the people I tagged in it (another violation; tagging multiple people) should have ignored the tags, as I stole someone else's turn and did not earn the right to tag, as I was not actually tagged. My post was, so to speak, the "URGENT BUSINESS! Your cooperation required" email in your inbox. Perhaps I shouldn't have put it there, but you shouldn't have opened it and responded with your bank account details. :P

Hey Eric, I think you should study law! :P I'm sorry though, tagging me was a strict liability offence, a bit like parking in a no parking zone, you just can't argue it. Oh and I always get those emails saying "please update your bank details by clicking this link" :lol: I can't believe two things, firstly how poorly written they are (typos, random capitalisation etc) and secondly that despite that fact, people must obviously still be falling for them.

Ah, This sounds sooo familiar. I used to go to the San Diego ComicCon as a young, poor artist and this just about describes the experience! There was even one year when I was making good money with comics and payed for a room at the expensive Hyatt next to the convention center...and I had 6 friends crash my room and I ended up sleeping in the chair next to the desk. I'm too kind.....

So, in a nutshell, you're an old fart and he's a young fart. But we all farting from holes in our asses.

So, in a nutshell, you're an old fart and he's a young fart. But we all farting from holes in our asses.

:lol: I disagree, I think you're the only one talking sh#t here Handy! Actually wait, that definitely isn't right..

Well I haven't been trained to debate to be fair, I haven't done mooting and I wasn't taught legal debating or anything like that. Arguing a point is just part of my personality and it's probably why I stay on TF1, not to pick arguments with people, but to state my case if I disagree with something. It just happens that I disagreed with a lot of your posts lately! I'm not an argumentative person in "real" life though, that's no fun, I'd rather just make a sarcastic comment than get into some long pointless debate, but on here it's different somehow. I don't mean to have a debatey sort of style, I just like to attack posts that I disagree with.

Hey Eric, I think you should study law! :P I'm sorry though, tagging me was a strict liability offence, a bit like parking in a no parking zone, you just can't argue it. Oh and I always get those emails saying "please update your bank details by clicking this link" :lol: I can't believe two things, firstly how poorly written they are (typos, random capitalisation etc) and secondly that despite that fact, people must obviously still be falling for them.

I disagree. You are disagreeable. Why else are you the only member to deviate from the standard issue font? :P

By the way, you don't need formal training. Just be this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VKYYbwyWtQ

:lol: As for your suggestion about my studies, well, oddly enough, "ultimate goal is law school" may have suggested a vague interest in it. ;)

It must be so Sh#te growing up these days having to put your life onto You-Tube then crying about someone you don't know saying something you don't like.

Hang on...you DON'T have to put your life on You Tube? But I heard it was in the new rules of the galaxy or something....good job I'm computer illiterate; this interwebbyworldspiderweb thing seems very dangerous.

And did I hear that he was getting cyber police? Is that like cyber sex? I read an article on that in a newspaper (yes the folding stuff with words and pictures printed on it), and it said cyber sex was where you chat on a computer and talk about sex n stuff....so if that's cyber sex, is cyber police where you chat on a computer and talk about pepper spray and tasers and stuff?

It must be so sh*t to have parents that let Katy Perry, Jr. here out onto the Internet...and then defend her. Morons. They ought to call the cyber police on themselves. If I ever see one of your sheep on YouTube, Craig, I'm going to be very upset. Consequences might never be the same again.