Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Malaysia

30 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Malaysia??

2. 2. Dumbass(es) of the Weekend

Who gets your DOD & DOW votes?? Alguersuri for me, Hamilton a close 2nd & have to mention Vettel! Ferrari for dumba$$ of the weekend, just a bad bad race for em!

Alonso+Ferrari dumbasses.

Hamilton, Alguersuari DOD.

Alonso realised the clutch of his car was broken so he did a pretty good race after all.

All top five deserve kudos but gotta give Vettel the Dod. Rosberg and Sutil stand out on their own right. Webber needs a hug and none better than Kubica to give it to him.

Hamilton was fun to watch were it not because of his entitlement to use the rulebook as toilet paper while FIA applauds... is it now ok for all drivers to weave "excessively" once? What a fcking joke.

Alonso was a boring shthead. Sure, he is thinking of the championship but his cautious driving is painful to watch. Where are your bulls, Alonso? Not on the track and that's a fact. Well, screw you now that Massa is leading the championship. Next time you know what to do, freaking moron.

Alguerdinosauri did a nice, nice job. Thumbs up also to whatever the fck team Senna and Chandhok drive for.

Vettel grabbed Webber by the hair, rode him like a cowgirl through the first corner, and went on to take the win. Kudos to the young upstart. Webber's a little too long in the tooth for a driver the likes of him, but he makes a good barri, so I think Redbull are quite happy with both their drivers based on today's result. Hamilton entertained me the most over the full distance cleaving his way through the field the way he did. So he gets my DOD.

Hamilton was fun to watch were it not because of his entitlement to use the rulebook as toilet paper while FIA applauds... is it now ok for all drivers to weave "excessively" once? What a fcking joke.

Agree on that but I expect every driver will be able to do jus that if required. Yes, a fcking joke.

Alonso was a boring shthead. Sure, he is thinking of the championship but his cautious driving is painful to watch. Where are your bulls, Alonso? Not on the track and that's a fact. Well, screw you now that Massa is leading the championship. Next time you know what to do, freaking moron.

I think he's a fcking moron for not saying how deep they fcked up yesterday but today he had no clutch since the formation lap. Kudos to him too for the race.

I'll wait til I actually get to see the race, but looks like Vettel or Hamilton from the live timing, but I want to see how Algi and Hulk drove - nice to see them in the top 10.

I think he's a fcking moron for not saying how deep they fcked up yesterday but today he had no clutch since the formation lap. Kudos to him too for the race.

Did not know about the clutch. What and when did that happen? The man scored a beautiful fastest lap once he had free air.

Regarding the qualification fckup, I guess he is just playing nice. His style, really.

I'll wait til I actually get to see the race, but looks like Vettel or Hamilton from the live timing, but I want to see how Algi and Hulk drove - nice to see them in the top 10.

Freaking jesus, man. If you get the live timing why not watch the race online. At times, you get screwed by the language of the channel but still. Next time, send me a PM and I'll try to hook you up.

justin.tv ;) ! Tis a site full of feeds & i'm sure there was hundreds of F1 feeds on it this morning!

Did not know about the clutch. What and when did that happen? The man scored a beautiful fastest lap once he had free air.

He reported the team about the problem during the warm up lap. And his race engineer told him during the race: I know how hard is to drive under such conditions...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82694

justin.tv ;) ! Tis a site full of feeds & i'm sure there was hundreds of F1 feeds on it this morning!

justin.tv is too slow to work here - freezes after 5 secs or so.

the great firewall is also the great bottle neck.

even if a site isn't blocked, it's incredibly slow especially at the weekends or evenings.

anything requiring consistent bandwidth craps itself and runs a mile.

:(

Ah yes, you're situated in China, they're having a cyber war with Google so I can see why you're finding it difficult to watch it online!

It was a great race overall!!

There was plenty of action during the whole race!

Very good driving across the grid!

I believe Fernando Alonso should have been an option!

He drove the race without a clutch and from what he said, I believe he had to hit the exact rev limit in order to change gear!

There is a "sweet spot" for each car-gearbox where it's much easier to change gear and to have to do this for a race distance is very impressive!

He was on the pace and I can only imagine his day today, if he didn't struggle with that!

So I 'll vote for "other'!!

Vettel was once again excellent so there isn't much to say there!!

He reminds me of some other German fellow who used to win effortlessly!!

What he said:

From http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/335898/The_hardest_race_of_my_whole_life__Alonso/

After the race, Fernando Alonso said to Spanish television: "From the start things went wrong. On the formation lap my gearbox broke and I had no clutch during the race, so I had to brake in a weird way.

"I had to first gear down and then push the throttle hard so it would engage the gear for that corner.

"So it was probably the hardest race of my whole life in terms of driving, because I had to improvise for every corner. But even so we were going to get a few points, which in the end was not possible because of the engine.

"But if the gearbox and then the engine are going to break, it's better than in happens when you are ninth than when you are leading and you lose 25 points.

"A tough weekend. Sometimes it's us, sometimes it's other. You have to take the opportunities."

Hamilton. Outstanding superb drive. Class. Nice to see him maturing. I hope have not spoken too soon. Though it p**sed me off with the little mini-scrap both Jens and Lewis had. Button yielded. WTF? Stop being such a gentleman and next time wheel to wheel with him. Christ!

Villain for me was Vettel. Just cause he won. I'm turning out a little bit anti-vettel. I don't know why! Never been a trend-follower, always a trend-setter I guess.

Vettel gets the vote for driver of the day. He did what he had to do within the first mile of the race and then simply drove at a sufficient pace to keep Webber, his only rival today, behind him.

The race was always going to pan out like it did if the rain didn't come. With the Red Bulls up front by themselves, protected by a cushion of midfield cars from their nearest challengers the best that we could hope for was to see the Ferraris and McLarens come through the grid to gain as many points as they could. This was partially successful. Hamilton again showed what a racer he is behind the wheel. I thought Button's early pitstop questionnable if he only intended to make the one stop. Him going onto the primes early when all the others would be changing onto the options later in the race was always going to mean that he would be defending his position at the end of the race, rather than attacking to gain a place.

Shame Alonso had his gearbox problem, does he receive a penalty for the next race or not? Can never tell with these rules.

Dumbarses of the weekend:- the weather forecasters who predicted rain for the end of the race. It would have been interesting to see things livened up a little with 10 - 15 laps to go.

Result is good for the Championship standings. Roll on China.

Tchau

There you go. I got the scoop on Alonso's clutch problem. I eat my previous words. He rocks.

Hamilton. Outstanding superb drive. Class. Nice to see him maturing. I hope have not spoken too soon.

He did drive good, but knowing he overtook teams like Hispania, Virgin, Sauber and TR, doesnt really mean much as he couldnt pass Force India. So passing the slowest cars with exeption of TR basicly, he didnt show nothing special.

But i do agree he was the most exciting driver on the gird today.

I voted for Vettel as he was the best driver, not just today but in all three races so far. Webber would be my second choice and Alonso third, due to his gearbox problems and still managed to put pressure on Button.

So in my book the superb drive goes to: Vettel, Webber and Alonso.

Jaime Alguersuari gets my vote for DOD, the guy is really coming of age this season. Impressed.

Dud of the day / weekend is Ferrari, messed up Qualy, messed up Fernando with Felipe again, messed up gearbox and to top it off messed up engine with Fernando. What a c#ck up of a weekend.

Vettel. Not because he won but because doing so he thoroughly spanked poor Webbo's arse as to make it clear that he means business. Poor Webbo :(

Hamilton did great overtaking whatever got into his way. Not his fault (this time I think he wasn't the reckless braker he usually is) that by the time he arrived to Sutil's rear he had no more rubbers or he would have surely gone for it. I mean, Sutil was practically begging for it. Of course, Lewis also shook his booty way too much when he felt Petrov sniffing his tail...F1 is not a sport for machoes anymore :( And then you have Nico...

Kubica. He doesn't get a DoD today, but just because it seems like he is making it look too easy to be where he is. But damn I am so glad he is up there with that Renault!!!

Honorable Mentions: Alguersuari, impressive in the last two races. A well deserved haul of points for him and STR. Massa, the guy was basically worthless during the whole race (where's the Massa of old? he didn't even have the excuse of the clutch ffs) he looked rather feeble. But when he was told to overtake Button he did it with ease. Not that Button put up too much of a fight, but still. Alonso, a heroic race, perhaps more than anybody else...until that engine gave up. Now, if that engine gave up because of sheer bad luck, then this was the best driving since the old times. If he just decided to go for it and forced the engine beyond the limitt with just 2 laps to go after enduring all that, then not so good. Still undecided so no DoD votes for him.

In any case, I am not voting again as I did at Australia. I hate polls and above all I hate non multiple choice polls.

EDIT: I forgot about Petrov! Wonderful drive again for him. The guy is more than just a Sh#tload of dollars for Renault. He is improving steadily every race and his battle against Lewis was pure gold. Lewis weaving was excessive, was fun and was a sign of how frustrated was that the kid with the full pockets was giving him such a hard time. Had Petrov manged to finished the race as well he would have definitely been my DoD.

Shame Alonso had his gearbox problem, does he receive a penalty for the next race or not? Can never tell with these rules.

I think you can change your gearbox if you don't finish the race, so I hope he can.

justin.tv wink.gif ! Tis a site full of feeds & i'm sure there was hundreds of F1 feeds on it this morning!

Hey Danny, as Andrés said it should be a multiple choice poll.