Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Malaysia

30 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Malaysia??

2. 2. Dumbass(es) of the Weekend

I voted Hamilton he was the life of this race until he got stuck, RBR had no oposition so they didn't fight against anything and besides that they had enought time leading to be praying for nothing to fail in their cars, I think the had an easy victory, Alonso did a great job but it is uncertain how much of his fault was not to finish the race pushing so hard a car under this conditions he could have finished the race with a couple of points but he lost it.

I wanted to vote for Ferrari and Mclaren but I couldn't so I voted for Ferrari as they were the ones who lost the most in this race.

Hamilton - for once again showing his overtaking prowess.

Vettel - for a brilliant drive all round.

Petrov - for not giving in to Hammy.

Alonso - for driving with a wounded car. He needs to get ahead of Massa on Saturday if he wants to get anywhere though.

Sutil - solid drive and no mistakes under pressure.

Kubica - good stuff again. Get this guy in a good team pronto.

Alonso - for driving with a wounded car. He needs to get ahead of Massa on Saturday if he wants to get anywhere though.

Sutil - solid drive and no mistakes under pressure.

He was ahead for this race.

Forget about this race, can you? tongue.gif

Did you see he didn't mention Alguersuari? rolleyes.gif

Alright then, get ahead and stay ahead. Massa is not as fast in the Ferrari as Alonso in these first races.

All top five deserve kudos but gotta give Vettel the Dod. Rosberg and Sutil stand out on their own right. Webber needs a hug and none better than Kubica to give it to him.

Alonso was a boring shthead. Sure, he is thinking of the championship but his cautious driving is painful to watch. Where are your bulls, Alonso? Not on the track and that's a fact. Well, screw you now that Massa is leading the championship. Next time you know what to do, freaking moron.

You do know Alonso was having problems with his car right?

Forget about this race, can you? tongue.gif

Did you see he didn't mention Alguersuari? rolleyes.gif

Alonso is the one who should forget about this race I am still enjoying his result. :naughty:

Alright then, get ahead and stay ahead. Massa is not as fast in the Ferrari as Alonso in these first races.

Now you said right, Ferrari tried to put him ahead of Massa by pitting Massa first but it didn't work, I think Alonso is going to have a hard time with Massa as the fuel loads are the same, Alonso is doomed to watch Massa's car rear end for a very long time, hopefully.

[quote name='The Professor' date='04 April 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1270391504' post='313779']
[b]Sutil - solid drive and no mistakes under pressure.[/b]
[/quote]

Briliant drive from Sutil. Holding Hamilton and not giving him the chance. Perhaps Hamilton has learned from Australian gp that passing 3-4 sec. slower car is one thing and try to pass a car only a second slower is totally different.

Briliant drive from Sutil. Holding Hamilton and not giving him the chance. Perhaps Hamilton has learned from Australian gp that passing 3-4 sec. slower car is one thing and try to pass a car only a second slower is totally different.

Yeah probably he has learned something.

I forgot to mention Algu-whateverhisnameis in my review. He did some ballsy and decisive overtakes.

Before read the news I was thinking on the impressive Hami´s first half of the race and on Vettel´s start and Jaime Alg... race. Not to mention the awesome Webbo start and MSC pace...but then after read about Nando troubles My vote goes for him.

After reading more details on Nando's misfortunes and being able to hear the actual sound on the on board takes (I watched most of the race with no volume) I agree with Guille

An epic drive from Nando. Masterful. And his comments after the race only added class to it. Drive of the year so far.

1. Kubica and Sutil for putting MUCH too slow cars where they don't belong.

2. Alonso for driving a fantastic race without a clutch (and then engine).

3. Petrov for not giving in to the (former) golden boy-god.

Anti DOD

1. Hamilton for not being able to pass anybody that's less than 3 seconds slower than himself.

2. Race stewards for not penalising Hamilton when needed.\

3. Ferrari engineers

Okay - just saw the race and this is a tricky one.

Would really like to have multiple choice this week.

*grumble*

Hamilton had another fantastic drive through slower cars and worked harder than the Ferraris and Button to mve up through the field.

Alonso had an amazing race considering that downshift problem. Listening to the car when he was breaking, it must have been a nightmare!

Vettel showed Webber up AGAIN. Briliant start and from then on he was in total control.

Nice drives from Rosberg, Kubica (who should be in Massa or Webber's seat) and Sutil.

Algiosaurus did good, not sure that moves on Petrov and Liuzzi (was it Liuzzi?) count as amazing, but he deserved his points.

Equally Hulkenberg did pretty well.

Button drove nicely,but was hampered by strategy (again his call). Should have started on the hard tyres. Oh well.

Petrov started well, but faded somewhat mid-race, then his car let him down :(. Lovely to see him defending to Hamilton in his renault though - nice.

Incidently - As a Petrov fan ^_^, I have no complaints about Hamilton. He wasn't weaving after Petrov made a move to the left or right, he was leading Petrov left and right. Why? Because he was obviously trying to get Petrov off his tail. Dodgy, but not defending a pass by swerving dangerously. I think a warning was the correct action from the marshals.

So who gets DOD? Alonso. Why?...

In Bahrain I gave it to Vettel for a great qually and a race he would have won without bad luck.

In Aus I went with Hamilton for a superb drive through the field.

This time I'm going to give it to Alonso. Simply outstanding drive in the face of downshift problems. He should have quallified higher (party his responsibility aparently), but he also deserves it on the back of Bahrain.

Please MULTIPLE CHOICE next time.

Dumbass of the weekend goes to Ferrari for Saturday, although they did fine (in general) on Sunday.

EDIT - forgot to mention Sutil

EDIT EDIT - hey! when did I become a senior member? He he - look at me I'm senior!

Why not make 2 pit stops per race? Mandatory!

Did they ever change rules in the middle of the season in the past??

Why not make 2 pit stops per race? Mandatory!

Did they ever change rules in the middle of the season in the past??

I can't remember the rules being changed mid season before.

I've not heard of anything coming from the meetings held in Sepang to discuss any possible rule changes.

Not to hijack the thread, I must say that I am becoming a fan of Vitaly Petrov :thbup:

I can't remember the rules being changed mid season before.

I've not heard of anything coming from the meetings held in Sepang to discuss any possible rule changes.

I don't think kthe FIA will step in with actual rule changes.

FOTA might make some kind of agreements on the back of easy to apply ideas.

One thing under discussion was KERS. They've already done the research and we might be having a few teams shuffling their tubs around to refit the system.

On the other hand, that would mean a pretty big job and wouldn't happen fast, so I don't know if they'll be looking too seriously at it.

Not to hijack the thread, I must say that I am becoming a fan of Vitaly Petrov :thbup:

Fellow Petrovites(?) are always welcome.

He will to be fantastic driver of going fast machines on track of rain and shining and not to make Sh#tting in allovers.

Amusing how late in the game the team starts to acknowledge their many errors. If I were Cavallino, I would scream I've been saying this since Monaco 07 and you guys would have two self proclaimed profets. But I'm not Cavallino or some alike creature... and I simply smile.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/158448/1/mclaren_experiment_made_hamilton_who_he_is_today.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

And Whitmarsh is being kind, very very very kind.

Amusing how late in the game the team starts to acknowledge their many errors. If I were Cavallino, I would scream I've been saying this since Monaco 07 and you guys would have two self proclaimed profets. But I'm not Cavallino or some alike creature... and I simply smile.

http://www.crash.net...tm_campaign=rss

So you Indirectly say that you have been saying this since Monaco 07? no offence, am just curious..

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/158448/1/mclaren_experiment_made_hamilton_who_he_is_today.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

A great insight into Lewis life. Despite that some people will not agree, on what Whitmarsh may say.

Lewis psychology aside, it is also an interesting sign of Whitmarsh different leadership approach when compared with Daddy Ron. This isn't the first hint from Whitmarsh that he does not consider himself as having to baby sit for Lewis. This is good not only for Jenson and for the team in general, but for Lewis too, as Whitmarsh appointed.

This is going to be a memorable year for Lewis, whether he wins anything or not, hope he makes the best of it.

After reading more details on Nando's misfortunes and being able to hear the actual sound on the on board takes (I watched most of the race with no volume) I agree with Guille

An epic drive from Nando. Masterful. And his comments after the race only added class to it. Drive of the year so far.

Are you sure? He seemed to have no interest in getting past Massa, but was ableto set fastest laps as soon as he was in clear air - obviously his problem wasn't all that bad. He lost his clutch, but doesn't that mean problems with stopping and starting since they don't manually use the clutch for shifting anyway do they? All I see is Fernando struggling to match a rather uninspiring Massa the last two races.

Dude seriously - I hardly post here and yet half your posts mention me?? It's creepy, I am just a name on the internet, reserve your pathological hatred for something more important in your life.

Are you sure? He seemed to have no interest in getting past Massa, but was ableto set fastest laps as soon as he was in clear air - obviously his problem wasn't all that bad. He lost his clutch, but doesn't that mean problems with stopping and starting since they don't manually use the clutch for shifting anyway do they? All I see is Fernando struggling to match a rather uninspiring Massa the last two races.

Are you sure? :P

I reserved my opinion about Alonso until I found out more about his gearbox issues.

As for Felipe, he was more concerned at the start at blocking Alonso's moves on him than trying to overtake the cars in front of him. He is only damaging his own image as he has shown some true potential in the past two years, but now he is looking increasingly disheartened. He barely made any attempts except for his move on Button (which I duly highlited), I think he should focus less on trying to obstaculize Alonso and have more confidence in his own skills. He should be used to it after racing along Schum and Kimi. I am a Nando fan but I don't think Nando is so much more of a threat than Schumi or Kimi, right?

Regarding Alonso, if you bothered to read about his issues, he had a problem with downshifting. So no, no problems to start from neutral but huge problems to downshift before a corner.

To do that once would have been a neat trick. To do that for 2 hours under demanding meteorological conditions in a race and still be able to achieve competitive times is nothing short of amazing. Like he said, he had to improvise ways to brake before a corner (and that was no figment of his/my imagination, watch the race again and listen to the sounds of his engine on the on board camera takes). A drive worthy of the old time legends is my veredict and I stick to it.