Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

The schedule still isn't our problem to solve, so I can't feel too concerned about it as my concerns mean nothing. Personally, I just watch the races I feel like watching and don't watch the others. It's good for my health that way and frees up the 3 AM time slot for trolling Chat Roulette with my friends sleeping.

Well, some of us don't have the luxury of turning F1 on and off at will :P

Since before the engine homologation Ferrari have had a lump prone to overheating, so it's hardly something that has sprung up 'this year'. Red Bull are still fragile, regardless of what happens to the Ferrari.

The big story this weekend should be Red Bull's ride height. This is the first race since the FIA's ruling on the matter and now we'll see what effect it's had. Are the Red Bulls going to continue to lead by a fair margin or will they be back where the other cars are?

I don't see how FIA ruling can affect Red Bull, sicne they said they never had anything like that in their cars? besides that qualifying is not that important for this race if the rain is coming as expected :naughty:

Right, I can't stop watching F1 even now that Alonso is a Ferrari driver :angry: I still enjoy watching the races even if they are boring.

Oh, come on. CBeebies has some quality programming on during the Grand Prix. Jakers: The Adventures of Piggley Winks is on at 7:10, you know. I think you could be persuaded to turn F1 off for that. (In all seriousness, I probably could. I don't like to see these races without people in the stands, you know :P).

Right, I can't stop watching F1 even now that Alonso is a Ferrari driver :angry: I still enjoy watching the races even if they are boring.

As long as you enjoy them, watch them all.

EDIT: Now I see why attendance was on JHS' mind. I just watched the BBC feed of practice; the commentators wouldn't shut up about.

I had a lenghty discussion with another F1 fan in my office (there is 3.5 of us for 150 people total, with me being Polish, and the other guy a Canadian) regarding Red Bull suspension. We came up with this scenario:

A compressed gas cylinder on top of a damper/shock absorber or whatever F1 has in the suspension. The compressed gass simulates a pressure on the spring of a car with race fuel load. As the car is being filled up with gasoline, at certain weight, the seals/valve fail and release the gas thus releasing extra tension. If you do it right, the height of the car in qualy will be exactly the same as the height of the car fully refuelled. The best part is that you cannot find it by "examination" - you'd have to bench-test it. And even then Red Bull has a "plausible deniability" - ow, shucks, look at that faulty seal.

Of course, I may be completely off, as I do not know the construction of F1 suspension all that well.

Oh, and both Kubica and Petrov will wear black stripes on their helmets to commemorate Polish president.

I had a lenghty discussion with another F1 fan in my office (there is 3.5 of us for 150 people total, with me being Polish, and the other guy a Canadian) regarding Red Bull suspension. We came up with this scenario:

A compressed gas cylinder on top of a damper/shock absorber or whatever F1 has in the suspension. The compressed gass simulates a pressure on the spring of a car with race fuel load. As the car is being filled up with gasoline, at certain weight, the seals/valve fail and release the gas thus releasing extra tension. If you do it right, the height of the car in qualy will be exactly the same as the height of the car fully refuelled. The best part is that you cannot find it by "examination" - you'd have to bench-test it. And even then Red Bull has a "plausible deniability" - ow, shucks, look at that faulty seal.

Of course, I may be completely off, as I do not know the construction of F1 suspension all that well.

Oh, and both Kubica and Petrov will wear black stripes on their helmets to commemorate Polish president.

That would be a good and clever way to do it, have it and still deny it, now that you came up with this I wonder how many other "devices" like this could be in use in F1 and we don't have the chance to know about it?"

The third Practice is seven minutes old and so far nobody had posted a time, everybody came out for an instalation lap and headed back into the pits.

Now Alonso..I mean Hamilton, no wait now is Webber the one that goes faster than Massa, Now Hamiton again... :angry: Now I am going to wait for the times to settle a little bit to say who's faster.

Finally the two MErcedes drivers are coming out, let see if the are bringing "something" new as tehy took longer than everybody to go out.

There was nothing new, Rosberg poested the 6th best time while Schumi just managed a 10th for now, I guess a later attemp will be faster, they were really fast yesterday but Ferrari was not there in the top spots and maybe that is changing the whole scene for them.

The track is red flagged after Petrov crash his toy so the only car out of the pits right now is Petrov's if the practice is resumed and I don't post anything is because I am in the Spotlight reading those awesome answers :P

Petrov bins it yet again. That 5 million (or however much it was) he brought to the team is starting to look like not a whole lot, given the repair costs and how slow he is...

This was the final order for the third practice:

1 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:35.323

2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:35.564

3 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:35.691

4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:35.747

5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:35.857

6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1:35.913

7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1:36.262

8 Robert Kubica Renault 1:36.343

9 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:36.416

10 Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:36.634

11 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1:36.879

12 Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:37.031

13 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:37.192

14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:37.240

15 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:37.339

16 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:37.585

17 Pedro de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:37.664

18 Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:37.784

19 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.579

20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:39.616

21 Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.749

22 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:39.776

23 Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:40.316

24 Karun Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 1:41.141

Just about to start Qualy and so far it looks like it is going to be a battle between Red Bull and Mclaren, Mercedes and Ferrari could be in the battle too, now it is the time to see which team did the best job with the development they brang to China.

Webber goes second. Vetel is just 6th.

Chandhok is facing a 5 place grid penalty but that will difficult to apply to him as he stands dead last right now, probably that will put him to start in 5th position tomorrow :P