Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

Brilliant RBR. Vettel and Webber delivered with flying colors.

Great Alonso, irrelevant Massa.

Rosberg teaches Schumacher another lesson... what the fck is that all about.

Button gives Hamilton pause to think. Let's hope we will not have yet another "I'm the best F1 driver in history and have beaten all my teammates" tantrum.

Kubica shows Schumacher how it is done. Kubica to Ferrari ASAP.

Now I am heading back to bed, that is, if my wife allow me to return, anyway the couch is still there and has a bigger tv on front :P

Yay, Vettel on pole! I actually didn't hope too much when I picked him in my PPP XDDD

Brilliant RBR. Vettel and Webber delivered with flying colors.

Great Alonso, irrelevant Massa.

Rosberg teaches Schumacher another lesson... what the fck is that all about.

Button gives Hamilton pause to think. Let's hope we will not have yet another "I'm the best F1 driver in history and have beaten all my teammates" tantrum.

Kubica shows Schumacher how it is done. Kubica to Ferrari ASAP.

Agreed on almost everything u said except one Button & Hamilton...but thats another story...

Just hope Alonso has more luck with his car tomorrow..Regarding Massa...Sauber awaits his return :D

I was expecting Alonso to be a lot faster than Massa now that he is using the F-Duct but he is having almost the same pace as Massa he is just being a little bit faster.

Alonso fisrt to pit.

Nice job Tommy but everytime you talk about anything connected with Alonso you fail. rolleyes.gif

He's got just the same car as Massa, not using F-Duct.

First to pit? Why? Did he take P3 because of a lighter car? mellow.gif

There's little other teams can do against Red Bull ATM in Q3. Kubica and Sutil did a good job. Schumacher and Massa quite poor. Hamilton-Button very interesting but always expecting a bit better for Hamilton on sundays. Alonso and Rosberg outqualifyed their teammates yet Alonso didn't look happy at all during press conference. They still say in Ferrari they have a better pace during the race... BOLLOCKS!!!! You lose the race on saturdays, didn't they learn that already????

No rain for tomorrow, thank you.

One thing though-why the hell is F1 in China? It's like Turkey, they are flogging a dead donkey by going over there. I'm not one of these people who hates races to be anywhere outside Europe, I think F1 does need to break into new markets. But what the hell is the point in going to a country where there is no interest? Waste of time, money and effort for all the teams going over there if nobody is going to show up. Dump the place Bernie, it's just pathetic. 5Live raised a good point today through the broadcast of the practice sessions, saying that if that sort of venue was in Europe, it's be packed, even on a Friday. Sure, China has however many million (billion perhaps) of people living there, but that doesn't mean they should hold a race there if the interest clearly isn't there.

Anyway, rain should spice things up nicely. Some memorable races in China have come from the result of rain. Would make up for no rain in Malaysia for sure.

I've always thought it interesting that the China is so poorly attended, but I can understand why...

China is big. Very very big. The idea of jetting off to Shanghai for the weekend (unlike a Scot running down to Silverstone) is simply out of reach for the vast majority of Chinese F1 fans. The TV audience is actually very very big and much bigger since they started the Chinese GP.

I think the justification for a Chinese GP depends on whether you want to reward trackside appearance or F1 interest in a country. If it's the former then certainly China doesn't deserve a GP, if it's the latter, then China deserves a GP more than most European countries. Bernie plays the numbers game - he knows that an unattended race in Shanghai still makes him shed loads of money in a Chinese market that would evaporate if the GP was taken away. As Erci said - there is also a gov that is willing to put money behind a Chinese GP in order to raise the country's international profile.

As in deserted Magny Cours? Atrociously boring Hungaroring? Crowd and container filled Valencia? You seriously would keep a track in a country just because you can see a crowd despite of the on track spectacle? I think you are just rationalizing your dislike for non-"traditional" races. I don't give a damn about the quantity of Turkish crowds F1 attracts, the track is one of the best Tilketracks out there. Silverstone was always a "meh" track, sometimes exciting because of rain but not much different from Imola in terms of boring to fun races ratio. The Argentinian GP was usually boring as hell, mostly due to the fact that the track layout was one of the simplest around (even easier than Monza). Malaysia is a wonderful track. China is average, but so is the new Hockenheim.

And what countries have a god given right to have F1 anyways? F1 interest was built over time. How can you open new markets? Or should all races must be held only at the countries with the highest fan base? Thatwould mean scrapping three quarters of the calendar, and build a permanent track in my country (at least).

Empty seats are depressing? Maybe, but so is gray painting on the walls. Yet, I don't give much thought when I watch a race about the colours the pits are painted with.

All good points. (Apart from the bit about you wanting to paint your head blue and pull a prophylactic over your entire body - I thought that was a little strange.)

Anyway - Vettel did it again - Webber must be getting really p**sed off - whatever he does, Vettel bests him.

Well done Red Bull, quali is starting to become quite boring now that they're topping the time sheets all the time but nevertheless I didn't watch quali, I had it on the TV but my eyes couldn't take it so I just listened while i dozed off!

does'nt make sense, why would he throw such a tantrum when he's beaten by Button? Your critical baised views on everything anti-Hamilton is both disheartening and irrational

does'nt make sense, why would he throw such a tantrum when he's beaten by Button? Your critical baised views on everything anti-Hamilton is both disheartening and irrational

That's because Hamilton is a spoiled pampered brat who throws tantrums when things don't go his way. He must have been p**sed that he dosn't have Ron Dennis' skirt to run and hide under when other boys don't want to play HIS way. I wonder if he sniffled in the driver's meeting on Friday.

The only thing he's got going his way is a terrific talent to drive (and that's a lot, I admit)...

Great commentary! I missed the qualy (went to take a nap at 12:30 and woke up at 4:00 am to a )(*^%^%$&^#@ "paid program" on SpeedTV), but reading it made me feel like I've been watching it live.

AND I'm going to miss the race (my son has a Lacrosse game at 2:30 pm)! Dang it!! Is SpeedTV going to show the race live at 2 AM??????

Maybe Webber will return the favour at turn one tomorrow. At least Alonso is plenty ahead of Massa so he can show his best race pace. Should be a good race.

Ok, ok...I'll admit it: that Vettel kid is simply the fastest driver out there. Yesterday was another proof of that just like at Malaysia. His last lap seemed horribly twitchy and lost t he car a few times yet he destroyed Webbo's times. And this time Webbo drove flawlessly so I am sure that his time was pretty much as fast as any mortal man could be on that car. Watching Seb drive is like watching Hamilton on steroids. He throws the car around the corners, blocks, drifts, corrects the trajectory...but a million times faster than Lewis, simply amazing. Other than that, I would not waste any more fuel or rubber with Q3 unless it rainsseems like a permanent club. Mr.Shields must feel vindicated as MSC really is looking barely average if not something worse by now. :P

And what is wrong with Massa? Seriously. I never thought he would really look better than Nando at Ferrari, but he has always at least been very quick. He just look so discoloured makes him look like Ferrari's #3 driver! I expected him giving Nando a better fight but so far it was never a quesion of how much he won over Nando, but more over how many points Nando lost by himself. Felipinho looks as a mere cab driver so far. Maybe Kimi took Felipinho's mojo away when he left?

And Liuzzi...Liuzzi... :( I hope for another brilliant display from Kubica. If the years to come will be those of Vettel's domination, it will be good to have Kubica among his main contenders!

Yep Andres, it's scary to think that Vettel's lap could actually have been faster. Webber has that look on his face like "how did he that"?

Great commentary! I missed the qualy (went to take a nap at 12:30 and woke up at 4:00 am to a )(*^%^%{:content:}amp;^#@ "paid program" on SpeedTV), but reading it made me feel like I've been watching it live.

AND I'm going to miss the race (my son has a Lacrosse game at 2:30 pm)! Dang it!! Is SpeedTV going to show the race live at 2 AM??????

SPEEDTV will show the race live beginning at 2:30 AM ET. The race will be re-aired at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, and Tuesday at 12:30 PM ET.

Ok, ok...I'll admit it: that Vettel kid is simply the fastest driver out there. Yesterday was another proof of that just like at Malaysia. His last lap seemed horribly twitchy and lost t he car a few times yet he destroyed Webbo's times. And this time Webbo drove flawlessly so I am sure that his time was pretty much as fast as any mortal man could be on that car. Watching Seb drive is like watching Hamilton on steroids. He throws the car around the corners, blocks, drifts, corrects the trajectory...but a million times faster than Lewis, simply amazing. Other than that, I would not waste any more fuel or rubber with Q3 unless it rainsseems like a permanent club. Mr.Shields must feel vindicated as MSC really is looking barely average if not something worse by now. :P

And what is wrong with Massa? Seriously. I never thought he would really look better than Nando at Ferrari, but he has always at least been very quick. He just look so discoloured makes him look like Ferrari's #3 driver! I expected him giving Nando a better fight but so far it was never a quesion of how much he won over Nando, but more over how many points Nando lost by himself. Felipinho looks as a mere cab driver so far. Maybe Kimi took Felipinho's mojo away when he left?

I said Vettel would be WDC in 2010 and no one listened. :(

You know why Massa isn't hungry? He has nothing to prove because Ferrari have been talking him up in the press as a "driver of the future" (despite him not being young or inexperienced) and how they'd love to continue working with him. They've made him comfortable so he'll stop performing so they don't seem heartless when they kick him out for Kubica in 2011!!!! Alternatively, missing half a year in 2009 didn't help, the team's built around Alonso now, and Massa's realized now matter how many times he could beat Kimi (he outscored him over their time together), Ferrari will never back him as number one, so he might not be all there emotionally. He has to be distracted by his future; if Ferrari want him, he'll want to stay, but there has to be a little part of him pondering what it would be like to be number one at a slightly lesser team (i.e. Renault or Williams, who could improve with Volkswagen engines rumored for 2011).