Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

The unofficial order is:

Button

Hamilton

Rosberg

Alonso

Kubica

Vetel

Petrov

Webber

Massa

Schumacher

Sutil

Barrichello

Alguersauri

Kovalainen

Hulkemberg

Senna

Chandhok

the retirements

Trulli

Di Grassi

De la Rosa

Buemi

Kobayashi

Luizzi

Glock

Nico might be the dark horse in this championship...he keeps finishing there or thereabouts whilst everyone else so far is all over the place.....but thats the weather for you...

What Marc Gené said during the race about pit lane dangerous entrace is that you have the line only for guidance. You can always driver over them before the horizontal white line. The lines are for penalty only on pit lane exit. But he said it could be Vettel who suffer penalty and not Hamilton. blink.gif

I think there was an overtaking under SC or a car hitting some other and kicking him out of the track. They said it on Spanish TV but I wasn't watching at the moment but my sister told me about that. I have to watch the race again as there has been a lot of action and incidents.

I think Button deserves the DoD today no doubt.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH BABY! WORLD CLASS TOTAL BRILLIANCE. Thanks Jenson! Woop woop. Awesome driving from both McLarens. WOOP!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH BABY! WORLD CLASS TOTAL BRILLIANCE. Thanks Jenson! Woop woop. Awesome driving from both McLarens. WOOP!

I am so glad you are happy with this result and to see you around here.

Congratulations Steph, Button did so well today!!!

Hamilton's driving was really awesome in so many ways. laugh.gif

Congratulations Steph, Button did so well today!!!

Hamilton's driving was really awesome in so many ways. laugh.gif

That's exactly what I was expecting from him and I will give you an advise for the next time, Don't wish Alonso a good start like you did today. :P

That's exactly what I was expecting from him and I will give you an advise for the next time, Don't wish Alonso a good start like you did today. tongue.gif

I will never ever do that again. sad.gif

I wanted a dry race FFS!!! and a good start for Alonso. Not even a good one, a normal one FFS!!!

It was a tenth of a tenth but the penalty was unavoidable.

Now I know it was Hamilton again who was driving amazingly under the safety car or just when it went in. I'll watch the race again. rolleyes.gif

Didn't see the race, and it appears to have been quite eventful. I predict harmony in the Ferrari garage to crumble down, Massa certainly isn't happy about the move Alonso did on him at the pit stop.

By the way, I thought both drivers had their own pit stop teams, and if that's the case, obviously Ferrari must've had Massa's team out. Did Alonso now get Massa's tires, or did they flip the teams in a hurry? Have I just been living in delusion, or what?

Hamilton looks pretty happy in the podium, he most be satisfied with the job he did in this race.

He drove a good race. but i hope fia will give hem the penalty this time. Vettel was infront and hamilton should back off in the pits..

Extra 25sec would be sufficient for him to start thinking when driving!

Good race, plenty of action, hard to keep track of what was going on at some points with the amount of things happening, but very enjoyable. Well worth the 8.00am alarm call on my last day of holidays.

Some dubious moves out there though I thought, the whole Vettel/Hamilton incident from pit in to pit out, Alonso's slightly cheeky move on Massa and Jense playing out of order really on the second restart, from the replay I saw he'd accelerated then checked up big time in the hairpin to bunch everybody up. If it wasn't for that, he'd get my vote for driver of the day.

As it is, Petrov gets it. Was quite suprised by his performance and good to see him taking on the big guns like Schumi and Webber. Top class!

If it wasn't for that, he'd get my vote for driver of the day.

I didn't see it but I was told about some sort of incident under the SC and I thought it was Mr. Immunity Hamilton again.

I'm going to watch the whole race again now and I'll post about it later on.

Vettel, Hamilton get a reprimand

Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have both been reprimanded by the race stewards for dangerous driving during their pitlane incident in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Hamilton was released after a pitstop just as Vettel was near him, and the pair chose to race side-by-side down the length of the pits rather than concede the position.

The stewards believed that such driving, which included Hamilton getting sideways as he tried to out-accelerate the Red Bull Racing driver and Vettel edging over on the McLaren, was done in a "dangerous manner."

The stewards spoke to both drivers and reviewed video evidence before making their ruling.

wtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gif

That should heal your bones, girl - eh? JB rools!

:( Button has proved me wrong completely.....

He drove a good race. but i hope fia will give hem the penalty this time. Vettel was infront and hamilton should back off in the pits..

Extra 25sec would be sufficient for him to start thinking when driving!

these kind of release have happened in the past, its not driver's fault to have been released like that, its the team...there have been many instances in the past where drivers didn't back off....

Nico might be the dark horse in this championship...he keeps finishing there or thereabouts whilst everyone else so far is all over the place.....but thats the weather for you...

Winning a championship like his dad in '82 with 1 victory. I hope not.

By the way, I thought both drivers had their own pit stop teams, and if that's the case, obviously Ferrari must've had Massa's team out. Did Alonso now get Massa's tires, or did they flip the teams in a hurry? Have I just been living in delusion, or what?

A very good point. One I hadn't thought about. Excellent spot.

Alonso jumped the start by a tenth of a tenth and he got a penalty. It was the right thing to do.

1st Safety Car out, investigation and the usual suspect got a drive through for the jump start which he did very soon.

2nd Safety Car was totally unnecessary. Whiting had the SC out for a few laps until the whole pack regrouped which was totally uncalled-for.

Restart: Button brake tested the whole pack in a similar way Hamilton did in Japan 2007 which caused a dangerous jam at the hairpin. No penalty, no investigation, nothing. Great. Hamilton pushed Webber out the track before they had crossed the start line. No penalty, no investigation, nothing. Great.

Incident between Vettel and Hamilton on the pit lane was cleared with a reprimand for both drivers. It was Hamilton who had to lift because he was always behind Vettel's car and racing on the blue stripe. None of them did right but it was Hamilton who caused the dangerous situation.

Great job FIA. Who said it was better with Todt?

Wow, what a f**ked up race, my dad thought that aswell! The McMercs have been quick all weekend & paid off with a 1-2, was expecting a photo finish at the end with Button & Hamilton side by side! The Mercs were truly dreadful, zero grip whether on inters or drys!

Nando & Hamilton were very bold boys, speaking of which, what punishment did Hamilton get?? What was Nando thinking, would expect a bit more respect for F1 from him, Hamilton likewise but apart from that Hamilton was very good, quick despite his tyres were running out of rubber!

Good race, plenty of action, hard to keep track of what was going on at some points with the amount of things happening, but very enjoyable. Well worth the 8.00am alarm call on my last day of holidays.

Some dubious moves out there though I thought, the whole Vettel/Hamilton incident from pit in to pit out, Alonso's slightly cheeky move on Massa and Jense playing out of order really on the second restart, from the replay I saw he'd accelerated then checked up big time in the hairpin to bunch everybody up. If it wasn't for that, he'd get my vote for driver of the day.

As it is, Petrov gets it. Was quite suprised by his performance and good to see him taking on the big guns like Schumi and Webber. Top class!

He gets it from me too, this is the first time he finished a race and he did it on a high note.

wtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gifwtf.gif

Vetel was the first to get sideways when he accelerated to leave the pits and LH just did the same, I haven't read teh news yet but to be fair they should mention that also as they are talking about LH getting sideways.

these kind of release have happened in the past, its not driver's fault to have been released like that, its the team...there have been many instances in the past where drivers didn't back off....

Yeah, many times.