Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

Alonso jumped the start by a tenth of a tenth and he got a penalty. It was the right thing to do.

1st Safety Car out, investigation and the usual suspect got a drive through for the jump start which he did very soon.

2nd Safety Car was totally unnecessary. Whiting had the SC out for a few laps until the whole pack regrouped which was totally uncalled-for.

Restart: Button brake tested the whole pack in a similar way Hamilton did in Japan 2007 which caused a dangerous jam at the hairpin. No penalty, no investigation, nothing. Great. Hamilton pushed Webber out the track before they had crossed the start line. No penalty, no investigation, nothing. Great.

Incident between Vettel and Hamilton on the pit lane was cleared with a reprimand for both drivers. It was Hamilton who had to lift because he was always behind Vettel's car and racing on the blue stripe. None of them did right but it was Hamilton who caused the dangerous situation.

Great job FIA. Who said it was better with Todt?

Alonso move on Massa was far more dangerous than the LH-Vetel affair, there is just no room for passing another car taht was really a dangerous situation that only finished right because Massa is only thinking about pleasing Ferrari in order to be signed again.

these kind of release have happened in the past, its not driver's fault to have been released like that, its the team...there have been many instances in the past where drivers didn't back off....

true. there were. but hamilton has made two mistakes in a row and didnt get penalized. Now I'm all ok with the racing, but as we have seen hamiliton was driving way over the white line. what if some team would have been changing some1 tyres?

I just think that lh should be penalized. Now if it was team fault, team or a driver should get the penalty. My guess is that lh will in future make a mistake that he will regret. sorry, but he's got no brains. Knows how to drive not doubt about that, but he's the most stupid guy on the grid.

Alonso move on Massa was far more dangerous than the LH-Vetel affair, there is just no room for passing another car taht was really a dangerous situation that only finished right because Massa is only thinking about pleasing Ferrari in order to be signed again.

I don't care what type of penalty Alonso deserved for his move on Massa. If you can find what the rules say about the matter we can keep talking about it, if not then the rule is in Whiting's anus.

I can find the two rules where it's clearly state that both Hamilton and Button didn't comply with the rules and they got away with it.

Wow, what a f**ked up race, my dad thought that aswell! The McMercs have been quick all weekend & paid off with a 1-2, was expecting a photo finish at the end with Button & Hamilton side by side! The Mercs were truly dreadful, zero grip whether on inters or drys!

Nando & Hamilton were very bold boys, speaking of which, what punishment did Hamilton get?? What was Nando thinking, would expect a bit more respect for F1 from him, Hamilton likewise but apart from that Hamilton was very good, quick despite his tyres were running out of rubber!

Hamilton and Vettel both got reprimands. Alonso got nothing.

I think that's fair enough, but the only issue I do have is with Jense's restart. From the replay they showed afterwards on I believe the BBC F1 forum, they showed a rearward facing shot from Jense's car and you could hear he was hard on the gas, then checked up going into the hairpin, much more than just normal braking. If Schumi had done that, or Alonso, people would be calling for their head.

As for the Vettel/Hamilton incident, I'm glad they didn't give a penalty, the release of the cars was racing, but I do believe Hamilton should have slotted in behind Vettel. Let's face it, he wasn't going to get past at that moment. If two cars are going side by side at exactly the same speed (I.E on the pit lane limiter), no one is going to have an advantage, you see what I mean? And in fairness, Vettel was slightly ahead anyway. However, I do think Vettel was a bit foolish edging Hamilton towards the crews, I'm not entirely sure that it was deliberate, more that he couldn't see Hamilton. Red Bull still have the outboard mirrors, so it's possible.

As for Alonso getting a drive through. Fair enough. No scandal over that as it was pretty damn obvious from the replays.

EDIT-Tommy, no offence, but you need to see replays again. Alonso passed Massa in the pit in section (where Hamilton dumped his car in '07), nobody around at all, and at very slow speeds. hardly dangerous. Vettel/Hamilton, they were going side by side down a pitlane when there is LOADS of people on the left hand side of them. How the F was Alonso's move "more dangerous"?

true. there were. but hamilton has made two mistakes in a row and didnt get penalized. Now I'm all ok with the racing, but as we have seen hamiliton was driving way over the white line. what if some team would have been changing some1 tyres?

I just think that lh should be penalized. Now if it was team fault, team or a driver should get the penalty. My guess is that lh will in future make a mistake that he will regret. sorry, but he's got no brains. Knows how to drive not doubt about that, but he's the most stupid guy on the grid.

In the past the teams were punished by having to pay fine and so on....as Lewis actually took the blame by saying he went later than expected, due to the wheel spin. these cars are not made of pillows, you see, its better to move over the white line rather than getting shoved out..it was a wise thing for them to have spared Lewis...because it only encourages racing...(on fortunately it does encourage bad racing). Lewis ofcourse has no brains....but when compared to drivers like Montoya, he is Einstein..

<_<

EDIT-Tommy, no offence, but you need to see replays again. Alonso passed Massa in the pit in section (where Hamilton dumped his car in '07), nobody around at all, and at very slow speeds. hardly dangerous. Vettel/Hamilton, they were going side by side down a pitlane when there is LOADS of people on the left hand side of them. How the F was Alonso's move "more dangerous"?

No offence taken, I am watching the race again now, it still haven't got to the Alonso-Massa part but I just saw the LH-Veter case again, it's true they were side by side in the pitlane but they have to drive a very limited speed in that zone but Massa-Alonso were not in that part of the pit so they were driving as fast as they could to get into the pits as they normally do, obvioulsy they were driving a slower than what they do in dry race but they were not driving slow at that point, I also noticed that LH made a somewhat similar move in the same part to overtake Vetel I think that part shouldn't be able to overtake any car, that zone is out of the racing layout of the track and certanly not wide enough for that.

Tommy: Despite the fact that you entered the fray as "Freakazoid" and finished as "Tommy" you've done a very commendable reporting job for someone with a split personality.

Hats off to both of you. :thbup: :thbup:

Alonso jumped the start by a tenth of a tenth and he got a penalty. It was the right thing to do.

I agree

1st Safety Car out, investigation and the usual suspect got a drive through for the jump start which he did very soon.

Still with you

2nd Safety Car was totally unnecessary. Whiting had the SC out for a few laps until the whole pack regrouped which was totally uncalled-for.

I agree again

Restart: Button brake tested the whole pack in a similar way Hamilton did in Japan 2007 which caused a dangerous jam at the hairpin.

Disagree. He dropped the revs gradually, albeit to almost tickover but never 'stopped'. No penalty or investigation necessary, in my book though a flea in the ear from the Stewards would have been in order. I'd take the same view, irrespective of who was driving. SC issues are hardly something a driver experiences in every race of his career.

Hamilton pushed Webber out the track before they had crossed the start line. No penalty, no investigation, nothing. Great.

They had already crossed the first safety car red line. My understanding is that overtaking is allowed under the revised rules in that area. Correct me if I am wrong.

Incident between Vettel and Hamilton on the pit lane was cleared with a reprimand for both drivers. It was Hamilton who had to lift because he was always behind Vettel's car and racing on the blue stripe. None of them did right but it was Hamilton who caused the dangerous situation.

I agree. It's something Lewis does all the time - he's an accident waiting to happen - constantly.

Great job FIA. Who said it was better with Todt?

They'll never please everybody, whoever is in charge.

Do you know what, even I must say I am surprised by Button so far this season... I think it is quite clear we have all completely underestimated him. Even I never thought he would be able to beat Hamilton at this early a stage. The guy is doing very well at the moment and I must say I am very impressed.

In the past the teams were punished by having to pay fine and so on....as Lewis actually took the blame by saying he went later than expected, due to the wheel spin. these cars are not made of pillows, you see, its better to move over the white line rather than getting shoved out..it was a wise thing for them to have spared Lewis...because it only encourages racing...(on fortunately it does encourage bad racing). Lewis ofcourse has no brains....but when compared to drivers like Montoya, he is Einstein..

<_<

Comparising hamilton with montoya is stupid. i agree they're both agressive drivers but monty had a style and majority of f1 fans liked that( not Schumi fans of course ). And we all know how many times monty was penalized for things that lh gets away with. So no, lh is not einstein compared to monty and will never be, nor with any other driver on the grid ( top 5 drivers ). FIa as usual has double standards and is clearly visible that fia is not capable of punsihing drivers when they deserve.

And as i said before, some1 will get hurt pretty badly and the guy responsible for that will be lh. I hope no1 will get hurt but they way fia is playing its role some1 will.

Tommy: Despite the fact that you entered the fray as "Freakazoid" and finished as "Tommy" you've done a very commendable reporting job for someone with a split personality.

Hats off to both of you. :thbup: :thbup:

Thanks, it's great to hear this, I am enjoying this experience and this post makes it even better.

Do you know what, even I must say I am surprised by Button so far this season... I think it is quite clear we have all completely underestimated him. Even I never thought he would be able to beat Hamilton at this early a stage. The guy is doing very well at the moment and I must say I am very impressed.

I am impressed too, the guy is a lot smarter than what I thought, he is not faster than Hamilton but he is doing a better job in terms of results than Hamilton, I think I'll be soon apologizing to Steph is this trend continues ;)

They had already crossed the first safety car red line. My understanding is that overtaking is allowed under the revised rules in that area. Correct me if I am wrong.

He forced Webber off the track and I still believe it deserved at least an investigation. Even if you're right about the new rule.

Well. I never on a bed of a thousand dog turds.

I'm not surprised by Jens. Expect no less. Yet, still hold a fear that too much too soon.

I can't see what the fuss is about in regards to any move made. Last year we were all baying for blood over there being too many penalties. Now stewards seem to be letting racing happen, you want penalties to come back?

I don't care if Vettel brake tests Button all the way around a track for two hours, to me it'll be Button's fault for not overtaking quickly enough. Just lets have racing back guys, I am liking this more relaxed approach.

And again.....

YEAH BABY LALALADODODO. THATS HOW YOU BEAT YOUR TEAM MATE, MIKEY BOY!

(special mention to dribbler who stated Jenson wouldn't get near Lewis. Ha, bitch! Heehee!)

And Tommy. Awesome reporting. Unbiased, very intelligent and pure F1 based. You got my reco for bbc!

Another note. Thanks you guys again for well wishes. Yes, seeing Jenson win made my whole week and I'm taking it personal lol, even my brothers said 'see, he heard your battlecry!' was on my laptop chatting to a good mate of mine all the way through the race, called him after and give him a bit of stick. Cool!

First - Steph, great to have you back.

Second - Did anybody noticed that Kubica and Petrov would most likely be 3rd and 4th (well, without Petrov's spin, I guess) if it wasn't for that second SC that everybody agreed was unnecessary? I mean Hamilton (and I think Button) had both 4 stops while Bob and Vlad had only 2. They were so far ahead of everybody that top 5 finish HAD to happen. Except for the "unnecessary" SC.

Not that I smell something fishy (I don't) but Kubica's Q3 run in Sepang(ahead of everybody on the warmest tires and going purple in sector 1) was stopped by red flagging of the session... wacko.gif

That bad luck continues. At least he let lewis pass him, or he'd get a drive through like in China in 2007 (was that a joke or what?). Ya know, good drivers or not, it's VERY difficult not to dislike Lulu.

Second - Did anybody noticed that Kubica and Petrov would most likely be 3rd and 4th (well, without Petrov's spin, I guess) if it wasn't for that second SC that everybody agreed was unnecessary? I mean Hamilton (and I think Button) had both 4 stops while Bob and Vlad had only 2. They were so far ahead of everybody that top 5 finish HAD to happen. Except for the "unnecessary" SC.

Not that I smell something fishy (I don't) but Kubica's Q3 run in Sepang(ahead of everybody on the warmest tires and going purple in sector 1) was stopped by red flagging of the session... wacko.gif

That bad luck continues. At least he let lewis pass him, or he'd get a drive through like in China in 2007 (was that a joke or what?). Ya know, good drivers or not, it's VERY difficult not to dislike Lulu.

If you subscribe to the view that the FIA favours Hamilton, why is it a reason for disliking Hamilton? Surely it's not his fault if the FIA treat him favourably? So why do people make that a criticism of Hamilton and not a criticism of the FIA? Aside from the fact they aren't favouring him and you could make the "FIA are favouring" argument for every driver/team, it doesn't make much sense to hold it against Lewis; it's not something he can influence. Unless you believe that he made a deal with the FIA..

Button just did two stops :king:

It was a fun race to watch. In fact, other than the season opener, it's been a really entertaining season for me thus far. So much so that I even felt compelled to peek back in here. ;) I don't really have a favorite driver this time, but I do seem to cheer for Jensen over most of the others, so maybe he's my guy this year. I was really happy to see him pull it off last year.

Looking forward to the next round, even though three weeks is an awfully long time to wait for a "fix". Still, it should give time for that volcano to settle down.

I wish they would start broadcasting F1 in widescreen. I'm watching the races on a 50" plasma with the sides chopped off because it's still in 4x3. Get with the times!!

It was a fun race to watch. In fact, other than the season opener, it's been a really entertaining season for me thus far. So much so that I even felt compelled to peek back in here. ;) I don't really have a favorite driver this time, but I do seem to cheer for Jensen over most of the others, so maybe he's my guy this year. I was really happy to see him pull it off last year.

Looking forward to the next round, even though three weeks is an awfully long time to wait for a "fix". Still, it should give time for that volcano to settle down.

I wish they would start broadcasting F1 in widescreen. I'm watching the races on a 50" plasma with the sides chopped off because it's still in 4x3. Get with the times!!

Hey up Rumble, long time no see.

We (I mean UK users) do get widescreen for most races, so I am surprised that you only get 4:3. If only they would do hi-def, though.

No problem between drivers, Domenicali stresses

19 April 2010 / Results / Photos

Ferrari Team Principal Stefano Domenicali has reiterated that there is no bad blood between the team's two drivers following a pit lane entry passing manoeuvre by Fernando Alonso in Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix.

With team-mate Felipe Massa ahead and both cars rushing for the pits as the second of two Safety Cars was deployed, Alonso's move on the inside of the pit entrance was completely legal under the sporting regulations but did raise eyebrows in the paddock, especially as the Spaniard and his Brazilian team-mate have come to blows in the past.

However, Domenicali is adamant that harmony remains in the Maranello camp. "We only saw it afterwards, on the television replay, and I think it was just a racing incident and there is absolutely no problem between the two drivers," he began.

"When you are always racing to win, you can have moments like that."

The move resulted in Alonso being serviced by his pit crew first as Massa, who queued behind, lost two race positions; the pair went on to finish fourth and ninth respectively, with Massa dropping from the championship lead to sixth overall.

Source

Video This video could be removed from youtube anytime as it was the one in the news.

We can see the move Alonso made on Massa which is very similar to the one by LH, I think BOTH moves are against the rules, according to the rules the track is limited by the white lines, Alonso and LH moved out of those white lines to overtake the car in front, they both took the inside on the turn to make their move, by doing this they got an unfair advantage similar to the one gainned by cutting a chicane, in this video we can see Alonso putting all four tires out of those white line and that is cutting the turn and not legal unless that have been previously talked by the drivers debfore but according to Massa statements he have no knowledge of how legal is it to pass in that zone and he said the press has to ask Charlie about that.

[quote name='The Professor' date='18 April 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1271632300' post='314830']
[font="Tahoma"]If you subscribe to the view that the FIA favours Hamilton, why is it a reason for disliking Hamilton? Surely it's not his fault if the FIA treat him favourably? So why do people make that a criticism of Hamilton and not a criticism of the FIA? Aside from the fact they aren't favouring him and you could make the "FIA are favouring" argument for every driver/team, it doesn't make much sense to hold it against Lewis; it's not something he can influence. Unless you believe that he made a deal with the FIA.. [/font]
[/quote]
You are wise - you are the goat.