Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

Hey up Rumble, long time no see.

We (I mean UK users) do get widescreen for most races, so I am surprised that you only get 4:3. If only they would do hi-def, though.

I have a 32" LCD HD TV and I get wide screen with the Speed Channel transmission.

I have a 32" LCD HD TV and I get wide screen with the Speed Channel transmission.

Sorry, I only mentioned UK users as that's where I am from and that there is a widescreen broadcast 'available'.

Hmmm, I wonder what coverage Rumble uses :eusa_think:

F1 - Massa, Alonso harmony in doubt

Felipe Massa was not happy with his Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso in the wake of Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix.

With Alonso facing the prospect of queuing in the pitlane for service behind the sister Ferrari, he overtook the Brazilian on the pit entry road, forcing Massa wide.

Stefano Domenicali said afterwards that he only saw the incident later in a video replay, but Italian reports say the team's boss threw his hands into the air when he saw the pass on the pitwall live.

The Italian said it had been ‘just a racing incident’, and played down suggestions of ‘problems’ between the Latin pair.

However Brazilian reports said Massa was visibly upset with Alonso as they emerged from their cars in parc ferme, and reportedly only raised his eyebrows before refusing to comment when asked if he thought the Spaniard's move was too robust.

"Alonso put his car next to mine and, when I saw him, I knew that we could have an accident,” he told Brazil's Globo. “So I thought about the team and it made me lose more than three places.

"Of course I'll talk to him," Massa added.

Alonso, now three places ahead of former title leader Massa in the drivers' standings, played down the incident.

"If he was not my team-mate, there wouldn't be so much talk about it and for me it was a normal move and it definitely won't compromise our relationship," he said.

Pit lane entry of course remains part of the race track, so Massa’s complaints will probably fall on deaf ears.

Sorry, I only mentioned UK users as that's where I am from and that there is a widescreen broadcast 'available'.

Hmmm, I wonder what coverage Rumble uses :eusa_think:

I know but I wanted to let Rumble know about this too, maybe he clabe provider has something to do with this, I have Comcast and they have Speed on HD if I tuned the normal channel I get the same result as Rumble but in the HD I get wide screen even when the F1 feed is not HD.

I am getting ready for my workout I just drank my N.O. Xplode but before getting into that I would like to go back to the race again.

IMO this was the best race of the year, Mclaren was strong all weekend but in Q3 the lost performance and didn't manage to lap at the same time they did just minute before, I can only think about the lack of new tires for that.

Button was the second biggest surprise for me he manage once again to make the right call on tire, that is, if he really made those call, anyway if he didn't make the call he made it work and that's what really matter here.

I notice in the press conference that LH didn't know he was going to be investigated after the race, I doubt that having any knowledge of that would affect the result of the race because I far as I could see he was pushing all the way, maybe it was better this way because knowing that he would ne to pass Button and get a safe gap in order to cover for the potential penalty he may have worn out he tires sooner and he could have ended up out of the podium.

Rosberg had a great car for this race and he had a healty gap when he gap out of the track, Button mention that when he got out of the track his tires got cold and he could manage to get them up to the require temperature, I think the same happend to Rosberg he did anyway an wondeful job finishing third and holding Alonso who is known for being one of the best wet drivers, Alonso was faster than Rosberg in Q3 but he could pass Rosberg in race.

Alonso did a great job in race too but IMO the only down side to his race was the pass he made on Massa, I may be wrong about the rules but as I explained a couple of post before I think is was an unfear pass, besides that he did great, I don't even blame him for jumping the start as he got his penalty and that was a mistake not that he was trying to cheat or something like that, I didn't expected him to finish that high but niether I expeted Massa to finish that low, I

that Massa lost motivation after Alonso move, who knows that was going on in his head after that, I also beleive Ferrari told him what to say about the case as they control what they driver has to say to the press.

Vetel could have done better and Webber didn't show much in this race, maybe something is scaping me about their race but if that's the case you can help me see it, I do noticed that while Hamiton had a hard time to pass Schumi Vetel came ans pass him like if he was used to that everyday, don't konw the reason for that but he made it look so easy.

I have to go to my workout but before I do that I have to say that Petrov was my biggest surprise and like Piotr said he could have finished in an even higher position had he not spun out of the track, there is su much to say about this race maybe latter I can find soem time to continue this.

Hey up Rumble, long time no see.

Hiya!

How do you pull that off? All I ever get is 4x3 standard screen.

If I can figure out how to get HD, you'll be my new best friend.

Hiya!

How do you pull that off? All I ever get is 4x3 standard screen.

If I can figure out how to get HD, you'll be my new best friend.

Like I said before I have Comcast and in order to get the HD feed you need an HD reciever, that of course will cost a monthly charge, less than ten dollars, you don't have to change your channel line up if you have Speed in your line up then you will get it on HD too if you get the receiver, if you have another cable provider then I won't be able to help you with that as that's the only cable provider I have ever had in USA.

F1 - Ecclestone tells drivers to 'stop moaning' about Hamilton

Bernie Ecclestone has told Lewis Hamilton's rivals to 'stop moaning' about the on-track tactics of the 2008 world champion.

The McLaren driver's weaving in front of Vitaly Petrov in Malaysia was a theme throughout the Chinese Grand Prix weekend, discussed at length in the media and in the drivers' briefing by many of Hamilton's opponents.

Hamilton - as well as Sebastian Vettel - was then reprimanded by the stewards in Shanghai for a pitlane incident.

Referring to the Sepang weaving saga, Hamilton told reporters in China that he did not understand ‘why everyone was fussing about it’.

Asked if he thought the issue was overblown, he answered: "Yeah - they seemed to be talking about it for some time."

F1 chief executive Ecclestone also thinks Hamilton's rivals should focus harder on their own driving. "What are they talking about?" he is quoted as saying by the Mirror. "Isn't this sport all about racing? I thought Lewis had a fantastic race. He drove really well and they should stop complaining and get on with the racing.

"I loved watching his performance in Sepang. I bet the fans did too. It (the reaction) was a whole lot of moaning about nothing," Ecclestone concluded.

I just have to agree with Bernie.

Sure it is about racing WITHIN the rules. I fail to see how one set of rules comply for 23 drivers and not for Lewis.

Sure it is about racing WITHIN the rules. I fail to see how one set of rules comply for 23 drivers and not for Lewis.

I am not sure what point are you refering to right now but if it is about the waving, they are only allow to one direction change but yesterday Rosberg made two directions changes on lap 36 while Hamilton was trying to pass him, Speed commentators talked about but noone else seems to have noticed that, HAmilton could have won the race had he made that pass one Rosberg at that point, but we can not prejudge the result but certanly Rosberg made more than one move on that lap to prevent Hamilton's pass.

Bernie is correct. My guess as to why the other drivers moan so much about Lewis' driving? Well, I agree with Martin Brundle, it's because he's faster than most of them. Also, the fact he's put so many moves on almost every driver out there. That's the main reason they don't like him, I imagine.

Bernie is correct. My guess as to why the other drivers moan so much about Lewis' driving? Well, I agree with Martin Brundle, it's because he's faster than most of them. Also, the fact he's put so many moves on almost every driver out there. That's the main reason they don't like him, I imagine.

There is some truth in that, if the rest of the drivers don't even try to overtake the car in front unless they make a mistake there is no much to complain about the way they overtake as they don't do it that often, LH have three great drives in four races instead of complaining abut his drive we should be glad that he is giving some life the F1 show adn I think that is what Bernie means.

I also would like to explain why LH didn't slow down in the pit lane, he was released by his team and after that point he got to get out of the pits at teh fastest speed allowed in the zone the only reson why Vetel was next to him was because Vetel has wheelspins when he was getting out of the box as LH did to, without that they would be perfectly aligned, LH was not trying to get an unfear advantage over Vetel, he was just keeping his optimum speed to prevent loosing any position to the guys on the track, that happens a lot during pit stops and we all know that a second lost in a pitstop reprensent a lot more than that is a slower car gets in fornt of you at the exit as you will have to pass him again, noticed that Vetel was also reprimanded for that situation as he was not that close to the wall and was pushing LH over the blue line, only us the fans are complaining about LH and saying that he is the one to blame for that, officials found them both to be guilty but for some reson we only blame LH, the only thing I blame him for in this race is for his pass over Vetel in the pit entrance.

Like I said before I have Comcast and in order to get the HD feed you need an HD reciever, that of course will cost a monthly charge, less than ten dollars, you don't have to change your channel line up if you have Speed in your line up then you will get it on HD too if you get the receiver, if you have another cable provider then I won't be able to help you with that as that's the only cable provider I have ever had in USA.

Unfortunately, Comcast only offers SPEED HD in certain areas of the United States. They do not offer it in New England, where I am, so I'm stuck with the Sh#tty picture (all the wings look 2008-spec to me because the picture's so distorted and wide) despite having Comcast and having HD for most other channels. At least four races on FOX will have the right picture, but then again, they aren't live, so a bit of a trade-off.

SPEED HD is really only availabe on DIRECTV (SPEED and DIRECTV are owned by News Corp) in all markets. Comcast and Dish Network are hit or miss, and I have no clue if it's available on any others.

Unfortunately, Comcast only offers SPEED HD in certain areas of the United States. They do not offer it in New England, where I am, so I'm stuck with the Sh#tty picture (all the wings look 2008-spec to me because the picture's so distorted and wide) despite having Comcast and having HD for most other channels. At least four races on FOX will have the right picture, but then again, they aren't live, so a bit of a trade-off.

SPEED HD is really only availabe on DIRECTV (SPEED and DIRECTV are owned by News Corp) in all markets. Comcast and Dish Network are hit or miss, and I have no clue if it's available on any others.

I didn't know that, I guess I won't be Rumblestrip best friend :(

If you subscribe to the view that the FIA favours Hamilton, why is it a reason for disliking Hamilton? Surely it's not his fault if the FIA treat him favourably? So why do people make that a criticism of Hamilton and not a criticism of the FIA? Aside from the fact they aren't favouring him and you could make the "FIA are favouring" argument for every driver/team, it doesn't make much sense to hold it against Lewis; it's not something he can influence. Unless you believe that he made a deal with the FIA..

Can you really say FIA are favouring or favoured Vettel, Kubica, Alonso, Raikkonen, Massa... I doubt it.

Can you really say FIA are favouring or favoured Vettel, Kubica, Alonso, Raikkonen, Massa... I doubt it.

We can say FIA favoured Button yesterday after his packing the group at the restart, according to the sporting regulation that were read on Speed yesterday no driver is allow to drive that slow at the restart but that wasn't even investigated, he could have caused a mayor accident with that move that IMO was the most dangerous of all.

Alonso and Hamilton both went out of the track to gain an unfear adavantage at the entrance of the pits but that too was overlooked by the offical, you can look and you will find many situations like this for many drivers but's not FIA favouring anybody those are jsut things that happen on the race.

There is some truth in that, if the rest of the drivers don't even try to overtake the car in front unless they make a mistake there is no much to complain about the way they overtake as they don't do it that often, LH have three great drives in four races instead of complaining abut his drive we should be glad that he is giving some life the F1 show adn I think that is what Bernie means.

Yep, from a business perspective Lewis is absolutely gold at the moment for Bernie.

Well I'm sure if I looked hard enough as Tommy shows below. Those arguments would be just as wrong, though. The problem is Lewis is a more controversial driver than those guys, like A Senna, he gets involved in more incidents because of his driving attitude so there is a lot more focus on him. When he doesn't get punished for something and we disagree people start making conspiracies.

I don't agree that Button's restart was correct, but just because it didn't get investigated doesn't mean Button is being favoured. I thought Alonso's pass in the pitlance entrance was brilliant and opportunistic, if he had got penalised I would've been annoyed, but I wouldn't create a conspiracy that he was a victim of FIA bias.

I honestly don't know why Hamilton's late pit entry hasn't been investigated because I thought that was very bad when I saw it. I guess I find it easier to believe the stewards thought it wasn't particularly dangerous rather than they decided not to punish it to favour Lewis.

We can say FIA favoured Button yesterday after his packing the group at the restart, according to the sporting regulation that were read on Speed yesterday no driver is allow to drive that slow at the restart but that wasn't even investigated, he could have caused a mayor accident with that move that IMO was the most dangerous of all.

Alonso and Hamilton both went out of the track to gain an unfear adavantage at the entrance of the pits but that too was overlooked by the offical, you can look and you will find many situations like this for many drivers but's not FIA favouring anybody those are jsut things that happen on the race.

Uh-huh.

Alonso did a great job in race too but IMO the only down side to his race was the pass he made on Massa, I may be wrong about the rules but as I explained a couple of post before I think is was an unfear pass, besides that he did great, I don't even blame him for jumping the start as he got his penalty and that was a mistake not that he was trying to cheat or something like that, I didn't expected him to finish that high but niether I expeted Massa to finish that low, I

that Massa lost motivation after Alonso move, who knows that was going on in his head after that, I also beleive Ferrari told him what to say about the case as they control what they driver has to say to the press.

I think it wasn't a nice move on your teammate but the footage we could see in Spain shows how Massa had made some sort of mistake and he was struggling there. The rear of his car was like slidding left-right and he was quite slow at the pit lane entrance. I think Alonso would not have tried that on Massa otherwise. I give the benefit of the doubt to him.

That's not the kind of racing I like but for some people Hamilton's was ballsy while Alonso's was high treason. TBH, I would have expected some sort of investigation by Sherlock Whiting if Hamilton had not done it unpunished quite a few laps before.

The real downside to his race was the false start.

That's the point and no other. thbup.gif

Let every driver race as he pleases and we might have a few ballsy moves every race everywhere.

I think it wasn't a nice move on your teammate but the footage we could see in Spain shows how Massa had made some sort of mistake and he was struggling there. The rear of his car was like slidding left-right and he was quite slow at the pit lane entrance. I think Alonso would not have tried that on Massa otherwise. I give the benefit of the doubt to him.

You can see the video here I posted but you better hurry up as sometimes those videos get removed from youtube, you can see Massa's front wing in the right of the video Massa was in his lane and Alonso made his move going out of the track and inside the turn, I just cheched it out and is still there, I know Massa made a mistake but anyway Alonso had to go out of the track with all four wheels and pushed Massa off to be able to make tha pass, look at it and judge by yourself.

Sherlock Whiting nearly screwed Button's win because of an unnecessary Safety Car, the second one.

Well I'm sure if I looked hard enough as Tommy shows below. Those arguments would be just as wrong, though. The problem is Lewis is a more controversial driver than those guys, like A Senna, he gets involved in more incidents because of his driving attitude so there is a lot more focus on him. When he doesn't get punished for something and we disagree people start making conspiracies.

Senna? He got some harsh penalties, he even lost a Championship because of that.

Since Hamilton joined F1 we've heard too many times next time it happens it will be penalised but not this time.

You can see the video here I posted but you better hurry up as sometimes those videos get removed from youtube, you can see Massa's front wing in the right of the video Massa was in his lane and Alonso made his move going out of the track and inside the turn, I just cheched it out and is still there, I know Massa made a mistake but anyway Alonso had to go out of the track with all four wheels and pushed Massa off to be able to make tha pass, look at it and judge by yourself.

I saw it. The footage I could see in Spain was much more informative about Massa's problems and you could see Alonso is just on the track all the time. It was not dangerous, not a nice move specially on your teammate. Considering Massa made a mistake and he was struggling there, I give the benefit of the doubt to Alonso.

I saw it. The footage I could see in Spain was much more informative about Massa's problems and you could see Alonso is just on the track all the time. It was not dangerous, not a nice move specially on your teammate. Considering Massa made a mistake and he was struggling there, I give the benefit of the doubt to Alonso.

I think you are missing my point, so I'll try to explain it for the last time, it doesn't matter if Massa was struggling or not, my point is that Alonso in order to make that move had to go completely off the track and this according to the rules is illegal (do you remember that famous thread about Kimi going off the track in Spa? well this is the almost the same case) the racing track is limited by the white line, taking three wheels off those white line means going off track, in this case Alonso took all wheels off track and took the shorter way to the pits to pass Massa, according to the rules that's illegal yu are going off the track to gain an advantage over any other driver is illegal and that's what happen as you could see in the video, anyway that's history and it really doesn't matter the result is official and I was just pointing this to show how the rules are inconsistent for all drivers not only LH.

I think you are missing my point, so I'll try to explain it for the last time, it doesn't matter if Massa was struggling or not, my point is that Alonso in order to make that move had to go completely off the track and this according to the rules is illegal (do you remember that famous thread about Kimi going off the track in Spa? well this is the almost the same case) the racing track is limited by the white line, taking three wheels off those white line means going off track, in this case Alonso took all wheels off track and took the shorter way to the pits to pass Massa, according to the rules that's illegal yu are going off the track to gain an advantage over any other driver is illegal and that's what happen as you could see in the video, anyway that's history and it really doesn't matter the result is official and I was just pointing this to show how the rules are inconsistent for all drivers not only LH.

That's what I thought when I saw Hamilton doing it on Vettel some laps before crossing the white line, but as they didn't show any investigation and Marc Gené said you can cross those lines at the pit lane entrance but not at the pit lane exit, then I thought it wasn't illegal. TBH I think Alonso got away with it just because Hamilton had got no penalty before.

My point is that Massa made a mistake and he was abnormaly slow at the pit lane entrance, then he tried to accelerate to avoid Alonso passing him and the rear of his car skidded sideways and he nearly ended in the gravel trap at the corner like he did in a previous pit-stop. That's what I could see on La Sexta web page.

That's what I thought when I saw Hamilton doing it on Vettel some laps before crossing the white line, but as they didn't show any investigation and Marc Gené said you can cross those lines at the pit lane entrance but not at the pit lane exit, then I thought it wasn't illegal. TBH I think Alonso got away with it just because Hamilton had got no penalty before.

My point is that Massa made a mistake and he was abnormaly slow at the pit lane entrance, then he tried to accelerate to avoid Alonso passing him and the rear of his car skidded sideways and he nearly ended in the gravel trap at the corner like he did in a previous pit-stop. That's what I could see on La Sexta web page.

I agree completely with you here Hamilton got away with it but also Alonso did so FIA is not favouring anybody I think they have their hands full with so many things happening at the same time, I don't know how that work if they have a detection team to watch out for possible faults and another team to investigate the during the race the same possible fault already found, maybe is just the same team and when get to much work they send some of those case to be investigated after the race, if someone knows how this work it would be a good thing to share it with us.