Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

The Official Chinese Grand Prix

This is a good bit. The part in bold is especially good. Funny that I liked Prost far more than Senna when the two were battling it out, but I like Lewis far more than Button. Go figure.

In the middle of all this bickering over what driver broke what rule and whose p ussy got all out of shape on-track, perhaps it's well to consider that the Chinese GP was frickin' fantastic! C'mon people, pick a driver and you can probably point to at least one outstanding moment for him. Lewis was orgasmic to watch; carving the field up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Button was sublime in his measured, determined control of the race. Alonso was fighting like a naked man against an angry bull and Vittantonio was....well, almost every driver did well.

Put your rule-breaking concerns in the bin and remember that the racing was good.

I already said that this race was IMO the best one this season and it was a lot better than most of others seasons too, like you said the racing was good but going off limits is not, anyway this is the only race I've seen twice this season and I would watch it again if I have the chance, I am happy with the final result of it and I think stewards did a pretty good job I enjoyed hte race and I am enojoying all the comments about the race, so that makes me one of the winners too :P

You forgot to mention Di Grassi. Vitantonio is the past. Di Grassi is the future! I've read posts against LH, FA, JB, FM, MSC...heck, even against Kovy, Trulli, Chandhok and Senna this year. But nobody, not even one of us had anything to say against Di Grassi. Not even a single line mentioning him under a bad light. Or good light. Or any light at all. That is because he is so flawless nobody has anything against him. He is so nice nobody can say anything negative against him. In 4 races, he already arrived 14th at Malaysia, the best result from a rookie on his debut year, among those whose initials where LDG. The other three races he decided to retire comfortably and learn from a vantage position, instead of losing precious time in the middle of the track, the true mark of a guy with ambition. Way to go, Lucas!

Di Grassi's a craphole.

:eekout:

di Grassi < PK (the Whale) (get it? do u c it? do u c it? do u get it? its liek nelosn piquet but pk but pk the whael like pucky the hwale but pk the whale do u c it now?)

ZOMFGZOMFGZOMFG!!! U RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!

In the middle of all this bickering over what driver broke what rule and whose p ussy got all out of shape on-track, perhaps it's well to consider that the Chinese GP was frickin' fantastic! C'mon people, pick a driver and you can probably point to at least one outstanding moment for him. Lewis was orgasmic to watch; carving the field up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Button was sublime in his measured, determined control of the race. Alonso was fighting like a naked man against an angry bull and Vittantonio was....well, almost every driver did well.

Put your rule-breaking concerns in the bin and remember that the racing was good.

very VERY true.

Although the bickering is fun from time to time, that race was undeniably outstanding.

I would have loved it just as much regardless of who won - it was a great fun to watch.

If the result becomes more important than the race, I think people should just stop watching.

But then again, that would mean half of our forum friends, so maybe not such a good idea after all.

I just hope it keeps on raining in Europe.

Why, you... :furious:

...twatface?

Can I just say I'm beginning to tire a little bit of the media's rather negative opinion of Button. Yes we all know that Hamilton is most probably the faster of the two on raw pace, but the way the media is portraying Button is kind of rude. At the end of the day, he is a world champion, and has beaten Hamilton fair and square thus far during the season and I must say it is quite clear that there really is only about 2 tenths difference maximum between the two. I find it rather harsh that Button is being called lucky, that his wins this season have been down to errors by others, luck, and 2 good decisions. At the end of the day you make your own luck in F1 and that is precisely what Button is doing. Not only that you read the analysis by various know it alls in the business and the conclusion had it been a dry race, Button and Alonso would have been chasing the victory due to the Ferrari's and Button's superior tyre management.

Sorry for the rant I'm just a little p**sed off by everyones criticism of Button because he doesn't deserve it!

ZOMFGZOMFGZOMFG!!! U RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!

Because you appreciate my humor so much, I'll give you a secret on how I win at Batracer. See, I use this cool hat, so I don't have any glare when I'm having fun playing with my slider bars and adjusting my car. That way, I always get all spot on! You should buy one, too, and watch your cute little car graphic rise to the top of the table!

33uy4iq.png

So, this race is already history and the next one is on its way so I am chosing Mike to have the next report so from now on I am free post whatever I want about Alonso(I missed that part :naughty: ).

Thanks to all of you for your support and you can add me to the list again anytime if you run out of reporters :P

Can I just say I'm beginning to tire a little bit of the media's rather negative opinion of Button. Yes we all know that Hamilton is most probably the faster of the two on raw pace, but the way the media is portraying Button is kind of rude. At the end of the day, he is a world champion, and has beaten Hamilton fair and square thus far during the season and I must say it is quite clear that there really is only about 2 tenths difference maximum between the two. I find it rather harsh that Button is being called lucky, that his wins this season have been down to errors by others, luck, and 2 good decisions. At the end of the day you make your own luck in F1 and that is precisely what Button is doing. Not only that you read the analysis by various know it alls in the business and the conclusion had it been a dry race, Button and Alonso would have been chasing the victory due to the Ferrari's and Button's superior tyre management.

Sorry for the rant I'm just a little p**sed off by everyones criticism of Button because he doesn't deserve it!

Ahh Ben don't worry about it, media sensationalism, that's all.

I think you have made a very fair and non-biased assessment there, me old china. Hamilton probably is the faster on raw pace, but there is not a lot in it as you say. As the old saying goes, though, there's more than one way to skin a cat. I think Button has proven that so far. The competition between the 2 of them for the rest of the season will be interesting for sure.

With regards to lucky calls, well you can call it luck or you could call it experience, whatever it is it's working. I think it was Gary Player who once said, the more I practice, the luckier I get.

Ahh Ben don't worry about it, media sensationalism, that's all.

I think you have made a very fair and non-biased assessment there, me old china. Hamilton probably is the faster on raw pace, but there is not a lot in it as you say. As the old saying goes, though, there's more than one way to skin a cat. I think Button has proven that so far. The competition between the 2 of them for the rest of the season will be interesting for sure.

With regards to lucky calls, well you can call it luck or you could call it experience, whatever it is it's working. I think it was Gary Player who once said, the more I practice, the luckier I get.

Yes it will, I am just hoping to see a time with so many races that we won't have to wait three weeks for the the next one.

I was never lucky in sports now I know why with this "the more I practice, the luckier I get" :P but my real reason is that my joints have been the problem, no matter what sport I choose I always get pain in my joints and still today I haved the same problem, now I got a pain in my left shoulder so I will have to stop my workout for a couple of days, it would be good to open a thread to tell stories about how bad we were at sports, I men for those like me who were really bad.

I haven't read any slagging off or underestimating of Button. I've heard that Button has outsmarted Hamilton rather than outdriven him. A summary which I would agree with and something that Lewis has also realised (Linky). Then again I only read Autosport, the Beeb's F1 site and James Allen usually.

Yes it will, I am just hoping to see a time with so many races that we won't have to wait three weeks for the the next one.

I was never lucky in sports now I know why with this "the more I practice, the luckier I get" :Pbut my real reason is that my joints have been the problem, no matter what sport I choose I always get pain in my joints and still today I haved the same problem, now I got a pain in my left shoulder so I will have to stop my workout for a couple of days, it would be good to open a thread to tell stories about how bad we were at sports, I men for those like me who were really bad.

Really?? You're fellow sports people said it was complete lack of talent :whistling::eekout:

You forgot to mention Di Grassi. Vitantonio is the past. Di Grassi is the future! I've read posts against LH, FA, JB, FM, MSC...heck, even against Kovy, Trulli, Chandhok and Senna this year. But nobody, not even one of us had anything to say against Di Grassi. Not even a single line mentioning him under a bad light. Or good light. Or any light at all. That is because he is so flawless nobody has anything against him. He is so nice nobody can say anything negative against him. In 4 races, he already arrived 14th at Malaysia, the best result from a rookie on his debut year, among those whose initials where LDG. The other three races he decided to retire comfortably and learn from a vantage position, instead of losing precious time in the middle of the track, the true mark of a guy with ambition. Way to go, Lucas!

You're so fickle.

Hm. I've seen just the opposite, but I'm way over here in America...I'm not reading the British newspaper sports articles. In my limited exposure (internet articles and the BBC commentary) Button is being hailed as a worthy champion and every other comment about Button is 'he's the current world champion' and 'he's driving like a world champion'. Last year NOBODY was saying those comments about Hamilton. The fact that he was the reigning world champion was rarely brought up. Mostly, it was brought up in a negative light, as in 'he's a world champion, he shouldn't be saying those things.'.

I've noticed that the Brits tend to prop up their celebrities/heroes only to have the fun of shooting them down. I've also noticed that the English, while not racists, are certainly prone to favoring those of English descent. Hamilton is every bit as English as Button....but only for one generation. I see Hamilton getting the same treatment as DC did a few years back when Button entered the sport. Anyone remember how Button was being hailed as 'Britain's F1 driver'? Just musing on this, not trying to stir the Sh#te....

You're so fickle.

Hm. I've seen just the opposite, but I'm way over here in America...I'm not reading the British newspaper sports articles. In my limited exposure (internet articles and the BBC commentary) Button is being hailed as a worthy champion and every other comment about Button is 'he's the current world champion' and 'he's driving like a world champion'. Last year NOBODY was saying those comments about Hamilton. The fact that he was the reigning world champion was rarely brought up. Mostly, it was brought up in a negative light, as in 'he's a world champion, he shouldn't be saying those things.'.

I've noticed that the Brits tend to prop up their celebrities/heroes only to have the fun of shooting them down. I've also noticed that the English, while not racists, are certainly prone to favoring those of English descent. Hamilton is every bit as English as Button....but only for one generation. I see Hamilton getting the same treatment as DC did a few years back when Button entered the sport. Anyone remember how Button was being hailed as 'Britain's F1 driver'? Just musing on this, not trying to stir the Sh#te....

The first part of your post is not quite correct. Everywhere you turned, Hamilton on the cover. Stories about his "sensational championship." I'm talking tabloids, glossy mags, even on teletext. Good for him too! Maybe it is because Ben and I are Button fans, but the whole negative thing I see more and more. Its like... "Jenson wins..." -but he's not supposed to be, it should be Lewis...- Even his WDC last season... "Button WDC"... -so why the hell didn't Lewis win, he's our boy...-

The second part of your post, I will 100% agree. Said it time and time again. This bloody country have Cheryl f*cking Cole as its "Nations Sweetheart". Yes, she's attractive, she doesn't do drugs and she's successful, but she's painfully thin, beat up on somebody in a club a few years ago, and doesn't seem to have it all together anyhow. Thats not a role model, nor a nations sweetheart. We have it all wrong. This lifestyle we have all adopted of celebrity culture is messed up. The Brits do like to build up to bring back down, its twisted. I take it as stemming from class war. It will never ever disintegrate. We build them up, we have them there for a while, but OH NO! THEY DID SOMETHING THATS A BIT ABOVE THEIR STATION! LETS SLAG THEM OFF!!!! Thus, the class war begins again.

We are a nation of oppressive dictators. Its as simple as that.

(as far as the DC thing... he's a scot. We've never got on. Like the Americans and Canada...)

You're so fickle.

Yes I am! No. Wait. I'm not. Maybe I am. Or not.

I've noticed that the Brits tend to prop up their celebrities/heroes only to have the fun of shooting them down.

I agree, noticed that first with Tim Henman.

The first part of your post is not quite correct. Everywhere you turned, Hamilton on the cover. Stories about his "sensational championship." I'm talking tabloids, glossy mags, even on teletext. Good for him too! Maybe it is because Ben and I are Button fans, but the whole negative thing I see more and more. Its like... "Jenson wins..." -but he's not supposed to be, it should be Lewis...- Even his WDC last season... "Button WDC"... -so why the hell didn't Lewis win, he's our boy...-

Maybe they are right, he shouldn't be there but is exactly what is making him gain some respect from people like me, who thought that by this time he would be playing a second role in the team, but he is showing that he can get the job done and sometimes better than everybody else, he even admit that he finish the race with his hear in the mouth because of hte pressure LH was putting on him on the last laps but he still manage to win the race, yeah we all know that he is not the fastest but he is showing that doesn't mean that being the fastest means being the best.

The second part of your post, I will 100% agree. Said it time and time again. This bloody country have Cheryl f*cking Cole as its "Nations Sweetheart". Yes, she's attractive, she doesn't do drugs and she's successful, but she's painfully thin, beat up on somebody in a club a few years ago, and doesn't seem to have it all together anyhow. Thats not a role model, nor a nations sweetheart. We have it all wrong. This lifestyle we have all adopted of celebrity culture is messed up. The Brits do like to build up to bring back down, its twisted. I take it as stemming from class war. It will never ever disintegrate. We build them up, we have them there for a while, but OH NO! THEY DID SOMETHING THATS A BIT ABOVE THEIR STATION! LETS SLAG THEM OFF!!!! Thus, the class war begins again.

We are a nation of oppressive dictators. Its as simple as that.

(as far as the DC thing... he's a scot. We've never got on. Like the Americans and Canada...)

Yeah, I figured I might be getting a skewed view of the Button/Hamilton press thing from way the hell over here in 'Merica. Well, you Button fans ought to be feeling pretty smug hearing Hamilton say that Button's approach to the season is working better than his. ;)

---

Oh, of all the rules-breaking discussions going on here, the only one I feel deserved a penalty was the Hamilton/Vettel pitlane incident. Lewis should have been slapped down for that one. Hamilton should have backed off and slotted in behind Vettel. To run down the pitlane in the hopes of overtaking a rival in the area reserved for a pit crew was ridiculously dangerous, highly unprofessional and very embarrassing for me, the founder of the First Church of Hamilton.

Now I must go and meditate on my blasphemy. Amen.

Maybe they are right, he shouldn't be there but is exactly what is making him gain some respect from people like me, who thought that by this time he would be playing a second role in the team, but he is showing that he can get the job done and sometimes better than everybody else, he even admit that he finish the race with his hear in the mouth because of hte pressure LH was putting on him on the last laps but he still manage to win the race, yeah we all know that he is not the fastest but he is showing that doesn't mean that being the fastest means being the best.

Agree with the majority of this. But humour me. Not just you. Can anybody give an intelligent reason as to why Button does not deserve to be champion aside from the usual claptrap such as 'lucky'. A real F1 based nothing personal to Button view.

@Mike - as a Jens fan, hearing and reading Lewis say those things make me proud. Its not often Lewis praises another driver, its not in his genetical make up to acknowledge this. I like Lewis. Always have. And its great to see a team with enormous potential to be able to work side by side yet still be extra competitive.

Here's one to p!ss Steph off. How about the fact that some of these first few races seem to be an anomoly; wet then dry, changeable, weird, freaky coditions; Button territory. Where was he in Borerain with no rain? Hell, the only reason Jenson is leading the championship is because he's had a plethora of Hungary 06's to dance around with. You wait 'till the racing gets boring again, normal service will be resumed. Mike can come out of red faced hiding and we can all get back to p!ssing maure off again with bucket loads of Hamilton worship.

Man, this Thai heat is something else. Makes your fingers naughty.

Here's one to p!ss Steph off. How about the fact that some of these first few races seem to be an anomoly; wet then dry, changeable, weird, freaky coditions; Button territory. Where was he in Borerain with no rain? Hell, the only reason Jenson is leading the championship is because he's had a plethora of Hungary 06's to dance around with. You wait 'till the racing gets boring again, normal service will be resumed. Mike can come out of red faced hiding and we can all get back to p!ssing maure off again with bucket loads of Hamilton worship.

So true. If we had not seen rain in the last three races the entire thinking about this season would be completely different. The rain has masked big flaws in the entire concept of F1 this year and once we get to the summer in Europe and Canada and there is no rain for 8 races we will really see how "amazing" this season is.

Oh get stuffed! Button weather? I thought Mikey Wunderkind was the stuff wet dreams were made of. See what I did there? Well. The 'rainmaster' has done f*ck all this season except get beaten by Nico Hairstyle. I'm sorry, you were saying?

Valid reasons dear old Stephen sweetheart. Come on. Lets have an all out ruck.

I think the Thai heat has melted your brain, lizard boy. :roll:

Ah, the old, "Button lucked into it..." thread again. Oh joy.

Here's one to p!ss Steph off. How about the fact that some of these first few races seem to be an anomoly; wet then dry, changeable, weird, freaky coditions; Button territory.

We hear the expression 'der rainmaster' for some of those drivers we hold in high esteem. Err, that is, until Button has a great race or three in the wet, then "he's just lucky it rained". Make your ****ing mind up! Since when was driving in the dry harder than driving in unpredictable wet/dry conditions? :lol:

We hear he's not the fastest, or better still, that lovely phrase, 'the real deal'. Last I heard, the fastest driver is the one that covers the race distance in the shortest time, or is it now the one that entertains the masses by fastest laps and..... no tyres left? This season is no longer two or three sprint races in one, it's for drivers that have great speed, that can think whilst they drive and have patience and intelligence.

JB isn't the fastest A to B driver, but just like all those 'unspecial' drivers in history before him, he doesn't need to be - circumstances will always be available for wins for those thinking drivers that are capable of lapping within say, .150sec per lap of the 'fastest'. Imo, even if JB gets his arse handed to him in terms of final championship result, if he's been within a gnats bollock of Hamilton and Alonso throughout the year, then his stock has gone up considerably.

I wonder.... if forums were around when Graham Hill partnered Jim Clark, would there be this much Sh#te written about why Graham was going to get a stuffing? :P

Not many people here say why they like to follow a certain driver's career, but to nail my flag to something you nail flags to.... I liked him for his hard work as a kid to get where he did, his manner, and the way he dealt with his tough times. I have a damn site more admiration for him now, win or lose.