Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

Monaco Gp

Marko in Kimi mode. Reeling out one fastest lap after another, at the end. Take it easy, bring the car home.

Wasn't Kimi famous for (not only falling off his big boat @ Monaco but also) setting 1 blisteringly fast lap then just dissapear for the rest of the race??

Wasn't Kimi famous for (not only falling off his big boat @ Monaco but also) setting 1 blisteringly fast lap then just dissapear for the rest of the race??

No, he used to set the fastest laps just a couple of laps from the end.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! A MERCEDES CROSSED THE CHEQUERED FLAG FIRST! Oh Sh#t, it was a safety car!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! SHRIEK!!!!!!!! SCHUMI OVERTOOK ALONSO AT THE DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Webber! He's leading the championship, and can now bask in the knowledge that he has won in Monaco. Stella weekend for him and Redbull!clap3.gifclap3.gifclap3.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! A MERCEDES CROSSED THE CHEQUERED FLAG FIRST! Oh Sh#t, it was a safety car!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! SHRIEK!!!!!!!! SCHUMI OVERTOOK ALONSO AT THE DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alonso had wheelspins and almost hit the wall and let an opening for Schumi to cross I think MS was not suppose to pass at that point but given this situation with all those cars coming Schumi did the best thing, he could had caused another accident had he braked to let Alonso keep his position.

yeah that was a sneaky one!

Damn! I missed it all. All the feeds went down in the last laps :(

Stupi dable operator I should have seen this on TV instead of on the web...

So what? It ended under SC? Schumi overtook Nando under the SC?

Is Kubi on podium? Arghhh!

Great Webber, great. He was the man. Without the 4 SC's, Webber could've finished at least 20 seconds ahead of Vettel. It is wonderful to see RBR on top after the last season was stolen from them and gifted to Brawn by FIA.

Good strategy by Alonso. It's unclear if Schumacher's pass on him was by the rulebook... but when does FIA give a sht about the rulebook. Two points up or down, Alonso stays on the fight as 3rd overall with Button not far behind. The season remains well open.

It would be interesting to see what decisions the teams make regarding which of their drivers to back. It could be the key in the end.

Yep, safety car pitted at the end of the last lap, so webber was able to enjoy the chequered flag at full speed following by vettel, kubi, Massa..

Wait, isn't it illegal to pass before a start of a new lap?

Then again, F1 rules don't make sense in the first place.

Damn! I missed it all. All the feeds went down in the last laps :(

Stupi dable operator I should have seen this on TV instead of on the web...

So what? It ended under SC? Schumi overtook Nando under the SC?

Is Kubi on podium? Arghhh!

Thecnically yes, it ended under the SC as it came in at the last lap of the race just a couple of corners from the end and that was when MS got in front of Alonso.

Tthanks Tommy. Penalty or not...from 24th to 7th (let's be merciful with Cav :P) it's still quite a feat.

I wish I could have seen the Renault colors at the podium, though :(

Not a bad race for Monaco! Not too much action, but lots of tension!

Schumi, cheeky yet smart bugger! He did pass Nando after the white SC line so I can't see even Damon Hill punish him!

Live timing comments says the folloing "Replay shows Schumacher cheekely, but we believe legally, nipped past Alonso on the restart for P6, just as they pass the safety car line"

Now I wonder is it there a SC line beside the finish line?

Tthanks Tommy. Penalty or not...from 24th to 7th (let's be merciful with Cav :P) it's still quite a feat.

I wish I could have seen the Renault colors at the podium, though :(

Not a bad race for Monaco! Not too much action, but lots of tension!

Your welcome, yes lot of tension that the best explanation for this race.

If you read my first post of the day here you will find out that I was expecting something like before therace started, I think I should be working with a F1 team. :eusa_think::P

I didn't get to see Schumi's move, but I hope it's all legit? I thought the moment the SC makes itself scarce, you are immediately in race mode & can overtake.

Great drive by Marko. Way to go RBR! Both drivers leading the WDC table. Good show by Kubi too, though would have liked him to win.

I grudgingly concede that Alonso did well to finish 7th from 24th. Still, it's undeniable, the saftey car at the start played into his hands.

Surprising to see Lewis play the percentage game at the end. Massa was invisible most of the time.