Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Does Alonso Always Crack Under Pressure?

So we have the third rookie error from Alonso this year, from the driver who supposedly 'never makes mistakes'. Has something changed, or has he always been unable to cope with pressure? He won two championships with a lackey teammate and comfortably faster cars, but whenever he has been in a position to challenge for the championship with other competitive cars around - at Mclaren with Lewis or this year, he chokes. Seems like he simply can't handle the load of Tifosi expectations.

... at Mclaren with Lewis or this year, he chokes. Seems like he simply can't handle the load of Tifosi.

naughty.gif

Well, seriously, yeah, seems so. And if Kubica goes to Ferrari, expect Alonso to crumble like a pack of cards.

So we have the third rookie error from Alonso this year, from the driver who supposedly 'never makes mistakes'. Has something changed, or has he always been unable to cope with pressure? He won two championships with a lackey teammate and comfortably faster cars, but whenever he has been in a position to challenge for the championship with other competitive cars around - at Mclaren with Lewis or this year, he chokes. Seems like he simply can't handle the load of Tifosi expectations.

3rd rookie error? When did he make the other 2?

Does Alonso always crack under pressure?

No.

He's one of the most talented drivers we've seen for many years, a top 3 driver at all times - and I'd guess if you look at all champions over the last 20 years, each have made errors when under pressure at some time.

I've no feeelings about the 'man'; I've never liked his personality, his apparent morals, and some questionable decisions - but he is a mighty fine 'racer'. Very much in the mould of Schumi in every way.

3rd rookie error? When did he make the other 2?

Jumped start and Australia, these are called first order booboos, if Schumacher doesn't get a penalty, that will make it 4. Not what you expect from who is supposedly the best driver of his generation. Nor his comical efforts to pass cars 6 seconds slower than him. I think Alonso is as much part of the old guard as Schumacher is, his time is gone. He hasn't made Ferrari six tenths faster with his arrival, and he can't keep his concentration up through a race.

Whats ur point???

This thread will be fun! :P I second medilloni on this one.

Alonso won in Bahrain, and surely that was when the pressure was highest? So no, I doubt he is particularly sensitive to external pressures of driving for Ferrari and I don't buy the Italian tabloid consensus. Although, he has made a lot [4] of mistakes this season already which is odd for him.

Dear God. This guy is a human. Not some super-human hero, although I suspect some Spanish fans would like to think that was the case. We all make mistakes at some point. It's called BEING HUMAN. Name a driver who has never made a "rookie msitake" in his career and you are not looking hard enough.

As for the original question. No, of course he doesn't. Alonso had to undergo the pressue of going toe-to-toe with Schumacher in 2006 before winning the title and at some races made the 7 times master look a bit silly.

(And yes, I am a fan of Schumacher and I'm not afraid of stating that.)

Unlike Schumacher, who won 7 WDC in arguably the best car on the track and was kept safe from his teammate by team orders. Yup, we see what a talent HE is in 2010....

:rolleyes: Yeah, you don't win 7 titles and a race in the wet by over a minute with a knackered gearbox by NOT being talented.

You could say that Lewis Hamilton has always had a good car his entire career. Do we really know how good he is, or is it just his car?

So we have the third rookie error from Alonso this year, from the driver who supposedly 'never makes mistakes'.

Every driver makes mistakes, you should know it...

Has something changed, or has he always been unable to cope with pressure?

At least he does not crash into others when he cracked under pressure, like some driver did twice, in 1994 and 1997...

He won two championships with a lackey teammate and comfortably faster cars,

Oh... Tell me about it...

It's this sort of provocative drivel that blots your copy book, Cavallino.

Fernando was on it in free practice one and two and would have been a contender in the race, I'm sure. But then he screwed it. However, it was no worse than Michael stuffing in the barriers in '96 after an equally promising start to the weekend.

Remove the blinkers and put your spoon away.

No, there are very good reasons for this thread. Fernando has a history of cracking up when he has a competitive teammate. This season he has made FIVE major errors in six races - questions have to be asked and are being asked all over Italy. And it is worth discussing because for some reason Alonso is always cited as the driver who doesn't make mistakes.

At least he does not crash into others when he cracked under pressure, like some driver did twice, in 1994 and 1997...

Oh... Tell me about it...

Hello. You have had enough of a chance to show that you're not an idiot, but I cannot remember a single instance of you posting something worth reading, so you go on my ignore list too.

Hello. You have had enough of a chance to show that you're not an idiot, but I cannot remember a single instance of you posting something worth reading, so you go on my ignore list too.

That same could be said about you.

Schumacher crashed a lot of cars, the difference is that he had several T cars available (as it was allowed by the rules back then), no park ferme and much weaker opposition.

And Senna was even worse, because he won championship in 1988 with a lot less points then Prost, due to the stupid best-out-of-11 rule.

Alonso did dumb a## make mistakes though, it's fair to say it, without witch he would have lead the championship.

Anyway, I don't give a Sh#t, I'd just wish some proper ****ing wheel to wheel racing like in Moto GP and World Superbikes.

Fernando was on it in free practice one and two and would have been a contender in the race, I'm sure. But then he screwed it. However, it was no worse than Michael stuffing in the barriers in '96 after an equally promising start to the weekend.

Remove the blinkers and put your spoon away.

Funny.

Next you will hear that you are being excommunicated by contradiction man...

He had no more tires after 77 laps.

True... but it falls on deaf ears. Cavallino is deep into psychosis... and, for those that don't know what psychosis is, it is a severe mental disorder in which contact with reality is lost or highly distorted. Just take a look at his latest threads... the titles alone qualify him as subject for abnormal psychology.

I completely agree. It seems the fan boys delight in the "OMG, your driver made a msitake! Hahahahahahah what a noob!" sort of attitude.

I'm just saying.

Carry on anyhow.

No, there are very good reasons for this thread. Fernando has a history of cracking up when he has a competitive teammate. This season he has made FIVE major errors in six races - questions have to be asked and are being asked all over Italy. And it is worth discussing because for some reason Alonso is always cited as the driver who doesn't make mistakes.

Yup. Those are two very good reasons for this thread: Alonso's fans always praise his consistency and his critics think he always cracks under pressure from a teammate.

Schumacher crashed a lot of cars, the difference is that he had several T cars available (as it was allowed by the rules back then), no park ferme and much weaker opposition.

And Senna was even worse, because he won championship in 1988 with a lot less points then Prost, due to the stupid best-out-of-11 rule.

Alonso did dumb a## make mistakes though, it's fair to say it, without witch he would have lead the championship.

But that says it all - Schumacher and Senna did it too... but the rules were different then and so they knew it didn't matter!