Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Does Alonso Always Crack Under Pressure?

Moss said he didn't knew about the fact that torque destroys a transmission. He also said he didn't like to turn down the revs at Le Mans because it was boring.

Well Brabham and Co. were boring and knowledgeable.

No, he said that earlier in his career he used to back off slightly to preserve his car, not realising that he was dropping into a higher torque band.

He would also try to drive British cars, which were not always as reliable as the competition sometimes, whereas someone like Fangio would always try to get a drive with what he perceived to be the best cars.

I heard today Ferrari confirmed that the chassis was a write-off. That's no way to treat Ferraris Alonso! :P

Don't bother replying as I won't be reading any more of your trash posts

You are replying... A replying voided of any argument, true... But a reply anyway...

And thanks for informing me that I am on your ignoring list... I could not realize it myself... as you keep replying in exactly the same way: with no arguments...

Just like a baby screaming while putting the hands on the ears: "I cant hear you, I cant hear you, I cant hear you... lalalalalala"

Cheers

Interesting article, thanks Andres.

(Actually, I think this guy is being way too "pro Alonso" but I think the fact that the guy is from the BBC and the bit about the McLaren days thought provoking...shhh...)

The openinig bit is ridiculous. Absurd from beginning to end. How can one p**s on Alonso's consistency when one looks at the overall standings and he is 3 points behind the leaders (widely acknowledged to have a better car) while Massa is 17 points lost back there. Rookie errors say the fanatic... amusing.

It's btching for the sake of it. Nothing more... just trying to find an angle to write a column that is more a personal apology to Alonso than anything else. One wonders what this some Benson said about Alonso back in the year McLaren broke apart.

And so, the latter bit on Alonso's season in McLaren is old news. This moron should've have the sense to speak of it back then instead of waiting years to come to tell us he's finally got it. But, hey, it has taken the same many years for many people (you know who you are) to take Hamilton from "boy-god" to "let's see what's up" which is what some of us said after that sad, sad day in Monaco when McLaren committed suicide by the hand of RD, Hamilton, and his tennis dad.

"But largely it is because Ferrari could not be more impressed with their new driver. I understand that, even after just six races, they already feel that as a whole package - being a team player, technical feedback, his ability to read a race weekend and speed - Alonso is even better than Schumacher, the man who won five championships and 72 grands prix for the legendary Italian team. Yes, you read that right. Ferrari have the feeling that Alonso is faster than Schumacher was at his best. (And yes, I know, the concept of him being a team player will raise smiles down at McLaren, after what happened there in 2007.)"

What a joke, they are not gonna come out blazing that Schumie is first rate to Alonso, what do you expect. He is the opposition after all. I don't see the Ferrari improving, so much for being the ultimate development driver. In fact Monaco hid the car's weaknesses. How many of Schumie's crew is left to make such a ridiculious claim...

What a joke, they are not gonna come out blazing that Schumie is first rate to Alonso, what do you expect. He is the opposition after all. I don't see the Ferrari improving, so much for being the ultimate development driver. In fact Monaco hid the car's weaknesses. How many of Schumie's crew is left to make such a ridiculious claim...

How many years did it take for Schumacher to win with Ferrari?

It's an unfair question in an unfair world... just as unfair as the imbecile expectations some people feel Alonso MUST satisfy to prove he is not a failure. Such is life for the inane.

Meanwhile, Alonso was driven 6 races with a Ferrari. Six... and even won the first one while remaining favorite for the WDC, imo.

Unfair and amusing... just as well.

You are replying... A replying voided of any argument, true... But a reply anyway...

And thanks for informing me that I am on your ignoring list... I could not realize it myself... as you keep replying in exactly the same way: with no arguments...

Just like a baby screaming while putting the hands on the ears: "I cant hear you, I cant hear you, I cant hear you... lalalalalala"

Cheers

Sure. Cavallino is infantile... as he is narcissistic. In other words, it is more likely he is just using your post to inform the forum (what he considers HIS audience) that he is blacklisting people. He said a few times so it sinks in that, and that only, is the reason why he does not reply and not because he is out of sorts.

Turth be said, cavallino is a liar. So it is unlikely that he is blacklisting anyone. After all, we all read some posts and posters carefully, others skim over, many skip altogether. Only feebleminded people and/or cowards need to protect themselves behind selfcensorship. Cavallino is many things but weak is not one of them. What he is a complete liar that is more dishonest with himself that he is with others... and he is duplicitous, fallacious, dishonorable, false, fraudulent, and deceitful with others as they come. Just look at how he tells to DOF not to go for personal attacks while just in the next paragraph cavallino was after DOF via a plain personal attack. That's contradiction man for you.

I think cavallino deserves a love letter from the forum to remind him of our longing. Here I go:

Dear contradiction man,

Your petals are shredded, yes, delicate rare flower, but by your very own thorns. I'm just the wind... innocent, guiltless, free.

Sincerely mine,

You know who (air kisses)

It's an unfair question in an unfair world... just as unfair as the imbecile expectations some people feel Alonso MUST satisfy to prove he is not a failure. Such is life for the inane.

Meanwhile, Alonso was driven 6 races with a Ferrari. Six... and even won the first one while remaining favorite for the WDC, imo.

Schumi move to Ferrari it was consider at the time like a mistake because Ferrari had 19 year without winning a WDC and not even Prost could get them to win and he was ffred by Ferrari, yes it is an unfear question that clearly show that Alonso is not doing great for being 3 points behind the leaders, he should be the leader. :eusa_think:

With a car that Ferrari took a year to prepare!!!! as Tommy states, he should be leading the standings, Michael would've in his heyday!

With a car that Ferrari took a year to prepare!!!! as Tommy states, he should be leading the standings, Michael would've in his heyday!

How come MS was not leading in 2003? after the first 3 races he scored zero points if I remember correctly. All by his faults as he has done 3 rookie mistakes or so.

People are ready to hypothetise what WOULD Michael have done blablabla when some driver is not performing at the perfection (who does it?)

But the same people never admit to think about what WOULD him have done if stronger teammates were hired or if Rubens at least had the same chances with a car that was build at least with equally reliable parts... (the DNF records for Rubens and MS speak for themselves).

How come MS was not leading in 2003? after the first 3 races he scored zero points if I remember correctly. All by his faults as he has done 3 rookie mistakes or so.

People are ready to hypothetise what WOULD Michael have done blablabla when some driver is not performing at the perfection (who does it?)

But the same people never admit to think about what WOULD him have done if stronger teammates were hired or if Rubens at least had the same chances with a car that was build at least with equally reliable parts... (the DNF records for Rubens and MS speak for themselves).

What you don't seem to understand is that Michael went to Ferrari when the best drivers wanted to go somewhere else, at that time Ferrari wasn't the dream team of anybody, but Michael made it to be the dream team of Alonso and Ferrari stop developing last year's car to work on this one but so far Alonso and Ferrari are not showing the time invested in that or the skills to put it in front of an unrealiable Red Bull.

What you don't seem to understand is that Michael went to Ferrari when the best drivers wanted to go somewhere else, at that time Ferrari wasn't the dream team of anybody,

So did Prost in 90. So it is not true that great drivers did not want to go to Ferrari. Alesi was also a promising driver but was not lucky to get strong engineers to develop the car...

MS fans try to sell an idea that no one would ever imagine Ferrari winning again...

Well, Prost almost won in just a year of development, and there was a general feeling in F1 that Ferrari winning would be good to F1... And everybody knew Ferrari was throwing big amount of money to make it happen...

It was really not a shot in the dark from Schummi as you guys try to convince us.

Actually it was pretty obvious that one day Ferrari would win again... FIA and F1 fans needed this, and money was not a problem...

If you want to hype him because he turned the team into a competitive form (it was not him, it was the engineering team...), you should also be fair and mention that it was not something extraordinary, since Prost already did the same in a much shorter time: in the same year he joined the team, he was already competing for the WDC, having lost it because of a crash with AS...

but Michael made it to be the dream team

He did not make a dream team alone... He joined because he knew (got a promise from Ferrari big staff) that they would do everything he asked for, including: hire the best engineers available, guaranteeing by contract that his teammate would never took him points, etc...

Congrats to him, but the dream team was built when Rory and Ross came along... But if you want to say that he is the greatest driver and the most talented one just because he could convince Ferrari that Ross was the best around, go ahead...

Schumi move to Ferrari it was consider at the time like a mistake because Ferrari had 19 year without winning a WDC and not even Prost could get them to win and he was ffred by Ferrari, yes it is an unfear question that clearly show that Alonso is not doing great for being 3 points behind the leaders, he should be the leader. :eusa_think:

Why should Alonso be leading?

Again, why should Alonso be leading?

What is all this SHOULD. On what's green earth are you sinking your teeth to claim that Alonso must do one thing or another. He is well ahead of his teammate that has been years in Ferrari while that was Alonso's 5th or 6th race with the team. Also, Alonso is a spit away from the leaders that are acknowledged to have a better car most times. Again, your SHOULDS sound like pure desperation searching for something to btch about.

Your suffering can really and only be caused by your deification of Schumacher... and, little boys and girls, you could not be any more wrong there. Unfair? Yep... but true.

Why should Alonso be leading?

Why shouldn't he be leading? he is driving the car with the most man hours invested in since all resources from mid season last year were directed to this car and he is suppose to be the best driver, the same Alonso said they are the favorites to win the title this year, it looks like he is thinking very different from you, Alonso's mistakes have cost him and that is why he is not leading the WDC.

So did Prost in 90. So it is not true that great drivers did not want to go to Ferrari. Alesi was also a promising driver but was not lucky to get strong engineers to develop the car...

Glad you mention it, Now tell me what did Prost achived driving for Ferrari? NOTHING. It took a driver like Schumi to make a team out of that Ferrari team that fired Prost(who is a real F1 legend) because of the poor results they had together, obviously there IS something about Schumi that not even Prost had and that something makes think that Schumi was and is better than Prost, I know you are not going to like that but what can I do? :what:

Now tell me what did Prost achived driving for Ferrari? NOTHING.

A more impressive improvement in the first year when compared to MSs case.

You would be fooling yourself if you dont agree that the progress from the long no-win ages at Ferrari in Prosts case was

You guys are funny...

When it is convenient, you guys are ready to fantasize that driver A was the real responsible for the development of the car/team... As if only him would "save" that team...

Funny that when Ferrari did not build a great car (like in 2005) it was the engineers that were to blame this time...

Not that I think Prost was the real responsible for Ferrari "almost" WDC (or should I say "moral", as it was a dirty trick that ended his chance?).

I only trying to shed some light, that MS greatest contribution for Ferrari success had little to do to his developing the car... but to him convincing Ferrari to become a Benetton painted in red (bringing the key players Ross, Byrne and cia)

I am sorry to remind you that, in the last decades, the only driver who succeeded in his first Ferrari year was Kimi, but that does not entitle his fans to be hailing him as the best developer ever...

A more impressive improvement in the first year when compared to MSs case.

You would be fooling yourself if you dont agree that the progress from the long no-win ages at Ferrari in Prosts case was

You guys are funny...

When it is convenient, you guys are ready to fantasize that driver A was the real responsible for the development of the car/team... As if only him would "save" that team...

Funny that when Ferrari did not build a great car (like in 2005) it was the engineers that were to blame this time...

Not that I think Prost was the real responsible for Ferrari "almost" WDC (or should I say "moral", as it was a dirty trick that ended his chance?).

I only trying to shed some light, that MS greatest contribution for Ferrari success had little to do to his developing the car... but to him convincing Ferrari to become a Benetton painted in red (bringing the key players Ross, Byrne and cia)

I am sorry to remind you that, in the last decades, the only driver who succeeded in his first Ferrari year was Kimi, but that does not entitle his fans to be hailing him as the best developer ever...

Michael's first year at Ferrari was also Ferrari's fisrt season with V-10 engines, before that Ferrari was using V-12 engines and that's the main reason of Ferrari's poor form on tha year just like in 2005 they had a new designer for the car, Michael put Benneton to win 2 championships and then took Ferrari to win 5 more in a row, hsitory is there oh BTW he also beat Senna in the process. :naughty:

Are you now ready to say what was the problem with Ferrari in their winless era? :P

Why shouldn't he be leading? he is driving the car with the most man hours invested in since all resources from mid season last year were directed to this car and he is suppose to be the best driver, the same Alonso said they are the favorites to win the title this year, it looks like he is thinking very different from you, Alonso's mistakes have cost him and that is why he is not leading the WDC.

So if I tell myself I am the worlds strongest man but spend all year in the gym just looking in the mirror, does that mean I should automatically be the worlds strongest man?

Get real.

We already know that Alonso is good, but not stand out good in every area. We also know that the Ferrari is nowhere compared to Red Bull. Mistakes aside, on pure performance, Fernando is already beaten and it's very little to do with him.

So if I tell myself I am the worlds strongest man but spend all year in the gym just looking in the mirror, does that mean I should automatically be the worlds strongest man?

Get real.

We already know that Alonso is good, but not stand out good in every area. We also know that the Ferrari is nowhere compared to Red Bull. Mistakes aside, on pure performance, Fernando is already beaten and it's very little to do with him.

Everyone can see that, but if you look at the mistakes and unreliability that Red Bull has suffered, he should be leading. He's not due to errors by himself, not because the car was'nt up to it. He still has a fast car which is very kind on it's tyres. Who knows, maybe the car will suddenly compete with the RedBulls when they find that famous 6tenths that Alonso alledgedly brings to the team

Please point out the driver that has not made mistakes ever.

I said, and keep thinking, that Alonso remains favorite. He is the best driver (left) and he is showing it. This is more so by the miniscule issues you are forced to bring up while demanding SHOULDS that are impossible to back up. Your delusional btiching and unrealistic expectations of perfection change nothing. Again, Alonso remains favorite.

To complain because he is not 170 points ahead is absurd.