Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Does Alonso Always Crack Under Pressure?

I am sorry to remind you that, in the last decades, the only driver who succeeded in his first Ferrari year was Kimi, but that does not entitle his fans to be hailing him as the best developer ever...

Yep. Schumikonen is desperate to bring the house down because Schumacher is sucking big time and making a fool of himself... which is a pity but not sufficient to let reality walk you by.

Anyway, Kimi won only because of team orders. And, btw, I still consider Kimi the best driver in F1. Alonso is second best to him, imo, but Alonso is actualy in F1 while Kimi is playing about.

Everyone can see that, but if you look at the mistakes and unreliability that Red Bull has suffered, he should be leading. He's not due to errors by himself, not because the car was'nt up to it. He still has a fast car which is very kind on it's tyres. Who knows, maybe the car will suddenly compete with the RedBulls when they find that famous 6tenths that Alonso alledgedly brings to the team

The "famous 6tenths" were RD's invention to cover up the development info stolen from Ferrari.

It seems you have forgotten that whatever errors Alonso has made, there is no one in the field that has not made theirs. So what's your btching about? Seeing Schumacher making a fool of himself is too much for you?

So if I tell myself I am the worlds strongest man but spend all year in the gym just looking in the mirror, does that mean I should automatically be the worlds strongest man?

Get real.

We already know that Alonso is good, but not stand out good in every area. We also know that the Ferrari is nowhere compared to Red Bull. Mistakes aside, on pure performance, Fernando is already beaten and it's very little to do with him.

Sensible post from you.

Sensible post from you.

I'm laughing my cottons off at the minute. I skimmed the page, saw this post and thought it was dribs quoting himself! Hilarious!

Please point out the driver that has not made mistakes ever.

I said, and keep thinking, that Alonso remains favorite. He is the best driver (left) and he is showing it. This is more so by the miniscule issues you are forced to bring up while demanding SHOULDS that are impossible to back up. Your delusional btiching and unrealistic expectations of perfection change nothing. Again, Alonso remains favorite.

To complain because he is not 170 points ahead is absurd.

They all do make mistakes but you are one of those that said many times taht because of Massa mistakes he doesn't deserve a Ferrari, I guess i have the same right as you to apply the same rule to Alonso, you can keep him as an idol if you want but what we were discusing and based on your answer it looks like you understood my point is that he shuld be leading the WDC but because of his own mistakes he is not were he, you and the team expected him to be, or are you going to tell me tht you expected him to be behind both Red Bulls before the end of the season? :naughty:

Everyone can see that, but if you look at the mistakes and unreliability that Red Bull has suffered, he should be leading. He's not due to errors by himself, not because the car was'nt up to it. He still has a fast car which is very kind on it's tyres. Who knows, maybe the car will suddenly compete with the RedBulls when they find that famous 6tenths that Alonso alledgedly brings to the team

I haven't seen them yet. B)

So if I tell myself I am the worlds strongest man but spend all year in the gym just looking in the mirror, does that mean I should automatically be the worlds strongest man?

Get real.

We already know that Alonso is good, but not stand out good in every area. We also know that the Ferrari is nowhere compared to Red Bull. Mistakes aside, on pure performance, Fernando is already beaten and it's very little to do with him.

Totally agree with you but that mistakes are as part of F1 as failures are, Red Bull had it fair ammount of failures that should have been capitalized by Ferrari who so far is the second best team but haven't been the case and just because of the mistake, I must also remaind you all that Webber jsut got into the fight as he wa nowehere near Vettel so right now we are talking about Red Bull as unbeatable but at teh start of the season it was just Vettel not Red Bull.

Yep. Schumikonen is desperate to bring the house down because Schumacher is sucking big time and making a fool of himself... which is a pity but not sufficient to let reality walk you by.

Anyway, Kimi won only because of team orders. And, btw, I still consider Kimi the best driver in F1. Alonso is second best to him, imo, but Alonso is actualy in F1 while Kimi is playing about.

:lol: Actually I don't care about Schumi this season, I am mad at him after i found out that he was behind Alonso's hiring by Ferrari, I am rooting for your very disliked Hamilton who by the way is getting a lot of praises in the press by the impressive way he is driving this season very unlike to the miskate comments that Alonso is getting, so you should reconsider the reason behind my behavior. :P

Hey it's my first ever post here so don't shoot me down straight away...at least give me time to run away screaming... ;)

Everyone makes mistakes, no one is super human. But to say he's a double world champion he's not exactly tackling this season with much maturity and poise. The Red Bulls are way faster but the only way to beat such teams is to make sure you score big when they have reliability problems and Alonso has not done that. Even Alonso himself said he was disappointed with his Monaco weekend so if the guy himself is saying that, then he obviously knows he's not driving as well as he should.

I think Alonso is well capable of driving better than he has so far this season, so if he has the talent and the second best car the only thing that is holding him back, causing him to make these silly mistakes is his mind management. He obviously is feeling the pressure and if he doesn't sort his head out, not only will he have a continual appalling season but Ferrari's confidence in him will disappear...and there are fast drivers out there that could perhaps do better in his Ferrari seat.

Glad you mention it, Now tell me what did Prost achived driving for Ferrari? NOTHING. It took a driver like Schumi to make a team out of that Ferrari team that fired Prost(who is a real F1 legend) because of the poor results they had together, obviously there IS something about Schumi that not even Prost had and that something makes think that Schumi was and is better than Prost, I know you are not going to like that but what can I do? :what:

For all you MSC fan Ferrari was wining before MSC and will be winning even when nobody cares about MSC memories.

MSC should realise he is not driving a Ferrari so some "special treatment" is no longer available for him at MGP. Now is feeling in flesh those little "helps" from the FIA :clap3:. There is a nice church near my home; you can come in peregrination with MSC to cry...

By the way Prost deserves the the 1990 WDC.

Hey it's my first ever post here so don't shoot me down straight away...at least give me time to run away screaming... wink.gif

Everyone makes mistakes, no one is super human. But to say he's a double world champion he's not exactly tackling this season with much maturity and poise. The Red Bulls are way faster but the only way to beat such teams is to make sure you score big when they have reliability problems and Alonso has not done that. Even Alonso himself said he was disappointed with his Monaco weekend so if the guy himself is saying that, then he obviously knows he's not driving as well as he should.

I think Alonso is well capable of driving better than he has so far this season, so if he has the talent and the second best car the only thing that is holding him back, causing him to make these silly mistakes is his mind management. He obviously is feeling the pressure and if he doesn't sort his head out, not only will he have a continual appalling season but Ferrari's confidence in him will disappear...and there are fast drivers out there that could perhaps do better in his Ferrari seat.

Welcome aboard Kate's whatever.

There are a couple of things I agree with you. Alonso is well capable of driving better and the Red Bulls are way faster. Even in Monaco where they were supposed to have some sort of performance loss they got pole and a 1-2 in the race. Alonso will have to push like hell if things continue the same in Turkey, Canada, etc. Hopefully he can avoid as much mistakes as possible in the future.

The bolded part. He's not exactly and perhaps... whatever.

:) Thanks Alehop.

One thing though...he's not exactly tackling this season with much maturity and poise and you say " .. whatever"

If I thought Alonso is the god of F1 and the best driver ever (I'm now saying a prayer for thinking such vile things haha!)...there is only three options to explain his season so far..

1) He's not as talented as I thought so maybe this is his him at his ultimate capabilities and his previous victories were due to car/conditions/luck etc.

2) He is talented but he's not getting the results. This can only be down to two things...a) His car...which by most peoples admissions the Ferrari is the second best car so Alonso should always bring the car home in third if not better when Red Bulls break down.

b His driving...

If Alonso is talented and showed maturity and poise then he would be getting the results.

So if you don't agree, and think he is showing maturity and poise this season...then you either agree with point one...or have an answer for point three...which I have left open for you :)

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Alonso hater, I really think Alonso is talented, I don't like the guy personally but I do think in the past he has shown he is an exceptional driver. But I can't say I have seen much of this outstanding talent in the past three and a half seasons.

I'm laughing my cottons off at the minute. I skimmed the page, saw this post and thought it was dribs quoting himself! Hilarious!

You know the man, alrighty.

But it was a sensible post.

They all do make mistakes but you are one of those that said many times taht because of Massa mistakes he doesn't deserve a Ferrari, I guess i have the same right as you to apply the same rule to Alonso, you can keep him as an idol if you want but what we were discusing and based on your answer it looks like you understood my point is that he shuld be leading the WDC but because of his own mistakes he is not were he, you and the team expected him to be, or are you going to tell me tht you expected him to be behind both Red Bulls before the end of the season? :naughty:

Alonso is not my idol. I have none... and if pressed for a best driver today, I would say Kimi.

Massa does not deserve a Ferrari because of "errors" but because he has done sht with the gift Todt gave his son which in turn he gave Massa for years. Perhaps the best news regarding Massa's exit from Ferrari is that Todt's son is gonna ask daddy to have his own team.

Anyway, your fantasy over Alonso's SHOULDS remains that same... a fantasy without reason or place. Your expectations of perfection (for Alonso and Alonso alone) are nonsensical and invite ridicule.

Hey it's my first ever post here so don't shoot me down straight away...at least give me time to run away screaming... ;)

One thing to remember is that Fernando is a racer. It's easy to say that he should be capitalising on Red Bull's weaknesses but truth be told, he's probably making the errors because he is pushing so hard jus to get near them. It's not in him or any other driver to simply drive within himself and hope that others breakdown. He pushed it at Monaco and smashed it up. So what? All the greats do it. Don't labour on Fernando's errors, he's still the nearest guy to Mark and Seb'.

By the way Prost deserves the the 1990 WDC.

He may just win it, Ziggy.

:lol: Actually I don't care about Schumi this season, I am mad at him after i found out that he was behind Alonso's hiring by Ferrari, I am rooting for your very disliked Hamilton who by the way is getting a lot of praises in the press by the impressive way he is driving this season very unlike to the miskate comments that Alonso is getting, so you should reconsider the reason behind my behavior. :P

Error after error.

You are so lost that even if humanity as a whole were to be sent as a search party you would remain lost forever.

You are mad at who? Mad? Honestly? You are mad? If so, do you hear voices that only exist in your head? Do you know what day is today? Can you recall your own name?

Listen. The press sucks today as much as always. If that is your compass, Gaia help you. But you are lying, anyway. You are after Alonso, it's evident. And your reasons too... S-c-h-u-m-a-c-h-e-r-'s embarrassing lack of performance.

Now, you claim that I dislike Hamilton and that is _my_ reason. No problem. I am patient, I don't give a sht if it takes you 5 more years to get it... perhaps once the "press" gets it right and tells you what to think. The winds are slowly changing there too after all. In the meantime, read my posts on the Hamilton subject and you will find many things but not dislike... and less so this season.

Sure. Now, how many races has Alonso driven for Ferrari and how does this compare, historically, with other drivers after these many races? Remember, 3 points from the lead having an inferior car. Go fish, see what you catch. Report as you feel like it.

Welcome aboard Kate's whatever.

There are a couple of things I agree with you. Alonso is well capable of driving better and the Red Bulls are way faster. Even in Monaco where they were supposed to have some sort of performance loss they got pole and a 1-2 in the race. Alonso will have to push like hell if things continue the same in Turkey, Canada, etc. Hopefully he can avoid as much mistakes as possible in the future.

The bolded part. He's not exactly and perhaps... whatever.

The problem for the Red Bull drivers is its their cars making the mistakes. The problem for Ferrari is it's their drivers, especially the One who was supposed to dominate them all.

Mistakes aside, on pure performance, Fernando is already beaten and it's very little to do with him.

Huh? He himself said he could have won Monaco, and then he would lead the championship or be close, I don't remember the exact numbers. So the fact that he isn't has everything to do with him, to do with the fact that he can't drive around a drivers' circuit like Monaco without totalling his car, he jumped a start.

:) Thanks Alehop.

One thing though...he's not exactly tackling this season with much maturity and poise and you say " .. whatever"

If I thought Alonso is the god of F1 and the best driver ever (I'm now saying a prayer for thinking such vile things haha!)...there is only three options to explain his season so far..

1) He's not as talented as I thought so maybe this is his him at his ultimate capabilities and his previous victories were due to car/conditions/luck etc.

2) He is talented but he's not getting the results. This can only be down to two things...a) His car...which by most peoples admissions the Ferrari is the second best car so Alonso should always bring the car home in third if not better when Red Bulls break down.

b His driving...

If Alonso is talented and showed maturity and poise then he would be getting the results.

So if you don't agree, and think he is showing maturity and poise this season...then you either agree with point one...or have an answer for point three...which I have left open for you :)

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Alonso hater, I really think Alonso is talented, I don't like the guy personally but I do think in the past he has shown he is an exceptional driver. But I can't say I have seen much of this outstanding talent in the past three and a half seasons.

Again the same problem as others. Your expectations are absurd and invite ridicule.

Alonso is no god even though blood thirsty mobs claimed Schumacher or Hamilton were. Alonso is not a genius even though blood thirsty mobs claimed Brawn was. Well, Schumcher is sucking big time. Hamilton is openly called "a failed experiment" in his own team. Brawn, the genius, is not so this season.

Cuckoo world you live in.

Ferrari have the feeling that Alonso is faster than Schumacher was at his best.

I'll have that feeling when he wins 6 world titles with Ferrari.

One thing to remember is that Fernando is a racer. It's easy to say that he should be capitalising on Red Bull's weaknesses but truth be told, he's probably making the errors because he is pushing so hard jus to get near them. It's not in him or any other driver to simply drive within himself and hope that others breakdown. He pushed it at Monaco and smashed it up. So what? All the greats do it. Don't labour on Fernando's errors, he's still the nearest guy to Mark and Seb'.

Yeah, that Prost calculator that Alonso's got too. I fear a similar take... which is why I still think Alonso remains the favorite WDC. Alonso's too relaxed during races despite all the chaos around.

HAven't seen much of that for a while have we..

Endearing your fanatism.

How many places did Alonso got back in Monaco? And Schumacher? It would be amusing to force you to type it down.

The problem for the Red Bull drivers is its their cars making the mistakes. The problem for Ferrari is it's their drivers, especially the One who was supposed to dominate them all.

Absurd. RBR drivers had me mistakes too. You really are a goner.