Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Does Alonso Always Crack Under Pressure?

Huh? He himself said he could have won Monaco, and then he would lead the championship or be close, I don't remember the exact numbers. So the fact that he isn't has everything to do with him, to do with the fact that he can't drive around a drivers' circuit like Monaco without totalling his car, he jumped a start.

Please. Alonso is close to lead the WDC... 3 points from it, to be exact.

Regarding Alonso's words, it's evident they were spoken before the freak consequences of the crash were known.

But btch away. The very day Ferrari made it offitial that Alonso would drive for them, I posted here that this would happen and here it is, madness has settled in. Alonso _must_ be presented in an ugly light no matter personal ridicule or insane expectation.

I'll have that feeling when he wins 6 world titles with Ferrari.

For a while there I was a bit worried that info came directly from me, I had to backtrack

Again the same problem as others. Your expectations are absurd and invite ridicule.

Alonso is no god even though blood thirsty mobs claimed Schumacher or Hamilton were. Alonso is not a genius even though blood thirsty mobs claimed Brawn was. Well, Schumcher is sucking big time. Hamilton is openly called "a failed experiment" in his own team. Brawn, the genius, is not so this season.

Cuckoo world you live in.

Well hello to you too. If my post was so cuckoo why didn't you actually answer the question? My post simply said all I can see is that he's either not good enough, he's not performing because of the pressure or some other reason I can't think of...so please enlighten me. Hence the point 3 being open.

I would answer your second paragraph if I understood what you were saying. This thread is about Alonso and the pressure he's feeling, what have the other drivers you mention got to do with it? It's not "How does Alonso compare to Schumacher and Hamilton thread". Maybe you should start it and we could have that discussion there. biggrin.gif

Endearing your fanatism.

How many places did Alonso got back in Monaco? And Schumacher? It would be amusing to force you to type it down.

Took the words from my mouth.

Well hello to you too. If my post was so cuckoo why didn't you actually answer the question? My post simply said all I can see is that he's either not good enough, he's not performing because of the pressure or some other reason I can't think of...so please enlighten me. Hence the point 3 being open.

I would answer your second paragraph if I understood what you were saying. This thread is about Alonso and the pressure he's feeling, what have the other drivers you mention got to do with it? It's not "How does Alonso compare to Schumacher and Hamilton thread". Maybe you should start it and we could have that discussion there. biggrin.gif

Nice rebuttal. Don't mind maure, he doesn't bite. And stick around. We lost someone recently, would be nice to have their shoes filled.

Error after error.

You are so lost that even if humanity as a whole were to be sent as a search party you would remain lost forever.

You are mad at who? Mad? Honestly? You are mad? If so, do you hear voices that only exist in your head? Do you know what day is today? Can you recall your own name?

Listen. The press sucks today as much as always. If that is your compass, Gaia help you. But you are lying, anyway. You are after Alonso, it's evident. And your reasons too... S-c-h-u-m-a-c-h-e-r-'s embarrassing lack of performance.

Now, you claim that I dislike Hamilton and that is _my_ reason. No problem. I am patient, I don't give a sht if it takes you 5 more years to get it... perhaps once the "press" gets it right and tells you what to think. The winds are slowly changing there too after all. In the meantime, read my posts on the Hamilton subject and you will find many things but not dislike... and less so this season.

:lol: Maybe I used a wrong word but what I meant is that Schumi and me are not on speaking terms for now but going back to the good topic, do you have money available? I can bet that Alonso will finish the season behind Hamilton and yes you can call me Lewisteric but I'll be enjoying races and drives from Hamilton while you'll be thinking about the new excuse you will come up with :naughty: do you really have to way for five year to tell if a driver is good or not? Hamilton already defeated Alonso in the same team and his is going to defeat him again now with him driving a nothing less than a Ferrari, I just hope you stay around until the end of the season just think about last race, Alonso was storming throught the field of the backmakers :lol: passing them until he found himself behind his great neutralizer called Lewis Hamilton at that moment I posted and maybe you saw it the following "let's see if he can pass Hamilton" but no he couldn't he stood right there for the rest of the race, even Ferrari was thinking about using the back of Hamilton's car to send messages to Alonso as that was the part that see saw the most during the race, remember that Hamilton is Alonso's great neutralizer, don't forget it. :P

Now pitch, I am ready for whatever and my bat is ready :P

you'll get use to it, he didn't answer mine eather. :naughty: BTW welcome aboard.

Sure. Now, how many races has Alonso driven for Ferrari and how does this compare, historically, with other drivers after these many races? Remember, 3 points from the lead having an inferior car. Go fish, see what you catch. Report as you feel like it.

Ferrari is not an inferior car to Red Bull, they are just a little slower but Red bull with all the reliability problems in inferior to Ferrari, to finish first you fisrt must finish RB haven't had a single race without reliability problem like that chasis used by Vettel in the last two races and that is the reason why Alonso is that looking that ugly right now and the reason for those 3 point separation :P . of course I know you will contrate on the part of this post that say that RB is not superior to Ferrari and will answer based on that

Nice rebuttal. Don't mind maure, he doesn't bite. And stick around. We lost someone recently, would be nice to have their shoes filled.

Thanks :) Although I've only just registered I've been reading the posts for a while to get up to speed and I have a sneaky suspicion that Maure doth protest too much and somewhere under that Mr. Burns exterior there is a gooey centre with love for all things Schumacher. naughty.gif ( Might have just sealed my fate with this joke...oh well...) And I do plan on sticking around, there seems a lot of different opinions on here which can only lead to fun debates.

you'll get use to it, he didn't answer mine eather. :naughty: BTW welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome :D I have noticed there is a running theme of unanswered questions...

If I thought Alonso is the god of F1 and the best driver ever (I'm now saying a prayer for thinking such vile things haha!)...there is only three options to explain his season so far..

There're much more than just only 3 points to explain his season but I don't feel the need to find an explanation for whatever has happened to Alonso so far this season. I think I'll wait till he's no chance to win the Championship and then I will cry out loud: WHY OH GOD WHY!!!

He's not good enough to beat the Bull's in his Ferrari. He's good to stay close and to take advantage of any mistake/problem they could have. The pressure is high when you want to win the Championship and you see other guys driving the fastest car.

The problem for the Red Bull drivers is its their cars making the mistakes. The problem for Ferrari is it's their drivers, especially the One who was supposed to dominate them all.

You think Webber ramming Hamilton was his car and Alonso's blowing engine was him?

Thanks :) Although I've only just registered I've been reading the posts for a while to get up to speed and I have a sneaky suspicion that Maure doth protest too much and somewhere under that Mr. Burns exterior there is a gooey centre with love for all things Schumacher. naughty.gif ( Might have just sealed my fate with this joke...oh well...) And I do plan on sticking around, there seems a lot of different opinions on here which can only lead to fun debates.

Thanks for the welcome :D I have noticed there is a running theme of unanswered questions...

Indeed you should(favorite maure word) stay around and don't mind some answers you are going to find and receive here, you may find some people fighting here one day and the next day they will joint forces against another "enemy" and so on, people here get "mad"(another word for Maure) at each other but we are like a family who has internal fights but love each other adn about those unanswered questions I sometimes do the same but it's because i start relying to another part of the post and forget about the question, that's normal I guess the same happen to all of us, but if you want to knwo a little more about us there is a thread called "in the spotlight" where we answer some questions about us, by reading that you will find there is a person behind the avatar and the nick. :P

There're much more than just only 3 points to explain his season but I don't feel the need to find an explanation for whatever has happened to Alonso so far this season. I think I'll wait till he's no chance to win the Championship and then I will cry out loud: WHY OH GOD WHY!!!

:lol: that was funny.
He's not good enough to beat the Bull's in his Ferrari. He's good to stay close and to take advantage of any mistake/problem they could have. The pressure is high when you want to win the Championship and you see other guys driving the fastest car.

That's what I said he was suppose to be doing and given the amount of failures from RB he should be leading but so far he has not done what you said.

You think Webber ramming Hamilton was his car and Alonso's blowing engine was him?

Yes, even Ferrari admited that Alonso's driving (when he had the clotch problem) was part of the reason why the engine gave up he just pushed the engine to hard at the end of that race but that has been debated here you SHOULD :P know that already.

Yes.

Cav - waiting for your summing up in the debate thread old boy.

PM's still not working for you.

Simple thing. You invent a problem for Alonso and I reply who doesn't suffer from it... you know, on account that fantasy works in any way one wants it to go.

The rest of your post is babble.

:lol: Maybe I used a wrong word but what I meant is that Schumi and me are not on speaking terms for now...

It is still insane.

... but going back to the good topic, do you have money available? I can bet that Alonso will finish the season behind Hamilton and yes you can call me Lewisteric but I'll be enjoying races and drives from Hamilton while you'll be thinking about the new excuse you will come up with :naughty:

Maybe Hamilton will win the WDC. I would like to see it. But I don't. I'll leave the "visions of the future" for you.

do you really have to way for five year to tell if a driver is good or not?

Do you have to lie in order to get yourself out of trouble? Yep.

What I said and I repeat here again is that it has taken years for some people to come around to understand that Alonso was fcked over in McLaren. That's all there is too it.

Hamilton already defeated Alonso in the same team

See? Hamilton didn't defeat Alonso. In fact the opposite is true. RD, Hamilton, his tennis dad, FIA, and lost of fanatical bigots were there to stop Alonso and in the end, only orders at Ferrari (letting Kimi get past Massa) in the last race took the WDC away from Alonso. Hell. Alonso was for many, many laps the WDC.

As I said, some people realized the problem in McLaren right away (Monaco 07), some took months, others years. By now only the most guilty and/or fanatical remain hallucinating over this matter... and apparently you are one of them.

and his is going to defeat him again now with him driving a nothing less than a Ferrari,

And if he doesn't, then what?

You will find something else to btch about... hey, just a minute, you are doing it right now. Isn't Hamilton 7th in the WDC? Schumacher 9th? Must be a bad dream you are having.

I just hope you stay around until the end of the season just think about last race, Alonso was storming throught the field of the backmakers passing them until he found himself behind his great neutralizer called Lewis Hamilton at that moment I posted and maybe you saw it the following "let's see if he can pass Hamilton" but no he couldn't he stood right there for the rest of the race, even Ferrari was thinking about using the back of Hamilton's car to send messages to Alonso as that was the part that see saw the most during the race, remember that Hamilton is Alonso's great neutralizer, don't forget it. :P

Right, right.

So Webber was the "great neutralizer" of Vettel, Vettel was the "great neutralizer" of Kubica, Kubica was the "great neutralizer" of Massa, Massa was the "great neutralizer" of Hamilton, Hamilton was the "great neutralizer" of Alonso, Alonso was the "great neutralizer" of Schumacher, Schumacher was the "great neutralizer" of Rosberg, Rosberg was the "great neutralizer" of...

The "track" that Monaco is has nothing to do with it.

Reality, then, is the "great neutralizer" of you.

you'll get use to it, he didn't answer mine eather.

What questions? You are fantasizing and I am amusing myself. There is no substance to this issue. You claim a fiction and try as hard as you can to make yourself believe it real.

Ferrari is not an inferior car to Red Bull, they are just a little slower but Red bull with all the reliability problems in inferior to Ferrari, to finish first you fisrt must finish RB haven't had a single race without reliability problem like that chasis used by Vettel in the last two races and that is the reason why Alonso is that looking that ugly right now and the reason for those 3 point separation :P . of course I know you will contrate on the part of this post that say that RB is not superior to Ferrari and will answer based on that

Amusing that a bit of reality got through to you.

Indeed, Alonso is THREE points behind, let's repeat for the sake of itself, T-H-R-E-E points behind.

Now look at the elaborate scheme of Alonso's failure you are concocting on this T-H-R-E-E points.

That's right. It's not only you. We can all see how foolish your position is... and you are definitely more than 3 points behind.

Thanks :) Although I've only just registered I've been reading the posts for a while to get up to speed and I have a sneaky suspicion that Maure doth protest too much and somewhere under that Mr. Burns exterior there is a gooey centre with love for all things Schumacher.

Drib was playing with you...

One thing to remember is that Fernando is a racer. It's easy to say that he should be capitalising on Red Bull's weaknesses but truth be told, he's probably making the errors because he is pushing so hard jus to get near them. It's not in him or any other driver to simply drive within himself and hope that others breakdown. He pushed it at Monaco and smashed it up. So what? All the greats do it. Don't labour on Fernando's errors, he's still the nearest guy to Mark and Seb'.

Did you actually watch the race or are you just going by Maure's version of it? Alonso was going rather well that weekend on what is not his best circuit (remember him destroying his tyres and jumping chicanes in the past?) and then he crashed his car, which shattered his confidence. In the race, he drove around gingerly, struggled to overtake pathetically slow cars, and then one decent pit call allowed him to jump to where he finished. Oh and he fell asleep under the safety car. And you're giving most present day F1 drivers too much credit - driving within themselves and finishing the race is exactly what they excel at. Oh mathematically he was spectacular, starting 24th and finishing 5th or 6th or whatever it was, I would hope on this forum we are more discerning than that. Despite how emasculated F1 is, you can still tell when a driver is driving on the eddge, Alonso wasn't. And the tyre wear excuse isn't valid, as someone said, Massa was told he had zero wear, those tyres could have done a hundred laps.

All the greats smash it at Monaco, and come back and still push like hell again, and get it right.

I can't believe how anyone can argue that Alonso is anything better than the 5th best driver this year. And I find it staggering that people are happy to throw stuff around like 'oh Ferrari think he's better than Schumacher ever was', that just shows such ignorance of history.

Ferdy gets away too easy just because people believed he vanquished Schumacher, he's a fast but erratic driver with severe personality issues and a penchant for cheating. We'll see more of what I say as we go to Turkey, that's Massa's favourite track.

Did you actually watch the race or are you just going by Maure's version of it? Alonso was going rather well that weekend on what is not his best circuit (remember him destroying his tyres and jumping chicanes in the past?) and then he crashed his car, which shattered his confidence. In the race, he drove around gingerly, struggled to overtake pathetically slow cars, and then one decent pit call allowed him to jump to where he finished. Oh and he fell asleep under the safety car. And you're giving most present day F1 drivers too much credit - driving within themselves and finishing the race is exactly what they excel at. Oh mathematically he was spectacular, starting 24th and finishing 5th or 6th or whatever it was, I would hope on this forum we are more discerning than that. Despite how emasculated F1 is, you can still tell when a driver is driving on the eddge, Alonso wasn't. And the tyre wear excuse isn't valid, as someone said, Massa was told he had zero wear, those tyres could have done a hundred laps.

All the greats smash it at Monaco, and come back and still push like hell again, and get it right.

I can't believe how anyone can argue that Alonso is anything better than the 5th best driver this year. And I find it staggering that people are happy to throw stuff around like 'oh Ferrari think he's better than Schumacher ever was', that just shows such ignorance of history.

It seems I was right about you lying over the blacklisting. Not surprising.

Consider the title of the thread, consider the out-of-the-blue attacks on Alonso and Alonso alone, consider how weak and disproportionate these attacks are, consider this was Alonso's 6th race with Ferrari, consider how close to the WDC lead Alonso is, consider how picky and absurd and delusional the btching screamers are, and consider how amused I am because of the irrational ferocity of the fantasies of screamers like you, contradiction man...

Alonso is doing well enough,... he is in there, still very close to the WDC fight, way beyond his teammate despite his teammate's years at Ferrari... were any of you to be worth taken seriously, it would seem Alonso is the stuff of legend when all other drivers are mere humans.

Ferdy gets away too easy just because people believed he vanquished Schumacher, he's a fast but erratic driver with severe personality issues and a penchant for cheating. We'll see more of what I say as we go to Turkey, that's Massa's favourite track.

You wish Alonso is who you say he is... but he simply isn't. Otherwise, Schumacher would've won 8 WDC's not 7.

We'll see more of what I say as we go to Turkey, that's Massa's favourite track.

So? Massa won there when Schumacher was still his teammate. What absolute conclusions will you arrive at when Massa wins? How deep a hole will you hide in if Alonso beats Massa?

You people take things to such extremes... it's amusing and endearing.

So we have the third rookie error from Alonso this year, from the driver who supposedly 'never makes mistakes'. Has something changed, or has he always been unable to cope with pressure?...Seems like he simply can't handle the load of Tifosi expectations.

Still he won the first GP in Ferrari.

Of course there is a pressure... pressure is always there in F1... especially which comes from Tifosi... Alonso's new in Ferriari and it will take some time to adapt, feel himself like home and make everyone accept him.

As for the errors:

The last error was very weird because it was in a place where even rookie can hardly make mistake (at the entrance of Massenet - not at the apex where errors are frequent). We can presume that something wrong was with the car and sticking to the Ferrari's philosophy Alonso just took the blame upon himself. Who knows?

As for the false start I think it was made not due to a pressure. In this season with sophisticated diffusers it is very hard not only to overtake but also to keep the pace behind. That's why we surprisingly see that some cars (quick ones) are going one after another at a steady distance (1,5 - 5 seconds). Seeing that Alonso intended to start perfectly and even reach the first corner first.

What was the third error?