Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Poor Nico

Poor Nico, not only does he have to race his team mate, he has to deal with Ross Brawn colluding with Schumey to optimize the strategy to benefit the Chin! Proof for this was obvious in todays Monaco race. When the first stops happened from the top of the field, Rosberg was right behind Schumey. Schumacher pitted, so did everyone in front of him up till Vettel. Rosberg stayed and set some blistering fastest laps. Then Webber pitted and came right in front of Rosberg, thus slowing him down. If Mercedes has Rosberg's strategy right, they would have pitted him immediately to jump him past Schumacher. Instead, Rosberg was behind Webber slowing him down relative to Schumacher and then he pitted to rejoin just behind Schumacher.

Poor Rosberg, he is clearly faster than the Chin, but will never be allowed to race to his potential!

I don't think Nico was purposedly held back at all. But I can't blame Nico's fans for believing so. Welcome to Ross Brawn's hell :D You will make yourself that same question at every race

Not that this thread was made with any rational basis..

I would surmise that they kept hoping that Webber would get up to speed quickly considering the rest of his weekend, and Rosberg was very confident of his pace on this circuit, so he would have wanted to nail some fast laps, keep up with Webber and jump a few cars. And Webber didn't, and he had used up his tyres and had to pit.

Not that this thread was made with any rational basis..

Pot. Kettle. Black.

All due respect and all that palaver, but yours was made from emotion, so I think its unfair you say this dude.

I never claimed mine was made on any rational basis :D This one is based on pure fantasy though, Rosberg gambled and lost out (or rather didn't gain anything, he already lost out to Schumacher at the start), the rest is delusional paranoid ranting.

My understanding is that Mercedes were going to pit Rosberg, but then realised that Hamilton, Alonso and Schumi were being held up by a slower car (Kobi?) so it was the best option to stay out (also, Rosberg was still lapping quickly) to try and gain some time and not get jumped whilst in the pitlane. Unluckily for Rosberg two things happened, Webber pitted and emerged in front of him and was relatively slow due to having cold tyres/whatever, and secondly the slower car which was hampering Hamilton & co's progress got out of the way somehow (pitted?) and released them back onto their usual fast pace. Result: Rosberg couldn't gain anything significant by staying out. Verdict: no naughty tactics, just bad luck.

Ah. There will always be the cynics, won't there? I bet even if Michael destroyed Nico in a race and finished a minute ahead of him people would still pull the old "That was to do with Ross. WAAAAH!!!!!!!111" card.

Poor Nico, not only does he have to race his team mate, he has to deal with Ross Brawn colluding with Schumey to optimize the strategy to benefit the Chin! Proof for this was obvious in todays Monaco race. When the first stops happened from the top of the field, Rosberg was right behind Schumey. Schumacher pitted, so did everyone in front of him up till Vettel. Rosberg stayed and set some blistering fastest laps. Then Webber pitted and came right in front of Rosberg, thus slowing him down. If Mercedes has Rosberg's strategy right, they would have pitted him immediately to jump him past Schumacher. Instead, Rosberg was behind Webber slowing him down relative to Schumacher and then he pitted to rejoin just behind Schumacher.

Poor Rosberg, he is clearly faster than the Chin, but will never be allowed to race to his potential!

I always suspected something was fishy about Schumacher's WDC's. Now we know - and it STINKS. given equal car and support, Rosberg would have swept the floor with him. I never liked Schumacher, now I really despise him.

Sorry, I have to disagree on that one. By hook or by crook he still won the championship 7 times, and there's more than just his team mate he has to defeat to win that.

Sorry, I have to disagree on that one. By hook or by crook he still won the championship 7 times, and there's more than just his team mate he has to defeat to win that.

Well said, the truth here is that Schumi is doing a lot better and Rosberg was suupose to drive better with this short-wheelbase car but he found himself behind Schumi and loosing ground and besides that this is what he said about it

Rosberg not disappointed with new car switch

May 16 (GMM) Nico Rosberg insists he is not disappointed with the reversion to the newer long-wheelbase Mercedes car for the forthcoming Turkish grand prix.

After Michael Schumacher struggled with the original short-wheelbase car earlier in 2010, he was the team's pacesetter in Barcelona, where a longer-wheelbase was introduced along with other car developments.

But for the twisty curves of Monaco, the original car is being used once again, and Rosberg has once again been in front of his famous teammate.

But for F1's next stop in Istanbul, it has been confirmed that the newer car will be back in action.

Rosberg, however, insists it will not disadvantage him.

"Michael and I have the same driving style," he told Germany's Bild-Zeitung.

"Even if Ross Brawn wanted to make a car that only worked for Michael, it would also work for me," insisted Rosberg.

I never claimed mine was made on any rational basis :D This one is based on pure fantasy though, Rosberg gambled and lost out (or rather didn't gain anything, he already lost out to Schumacher at the start), the rest is delusional paranoid ranting.

I didn't say you claimed yours was rational. I claimed it wasn't.

I'll give you the respect you deserve and tell you how it is. You can't stand Alonso, fair enough. You wanted to wind a few people up. Fair enough. I do it over Jenson. I'm hardly one to judge. But that is how it is!

And perhaps your thread is being viewed as lunatic rambling by others? You'll have to ask! ;)

My understanding is that Mercedes were going to pit Rosberg, but then realised that Hamilton, Alonso and Schumi were being held up by a slower car (Kobi?) so it was the best option to stay out (also, Rosberg was still lapping quickly) to try and gain some time and not get jumped whilst in the pitlane. Unluckily for Rosberg two things happened, Webber pitted and emerged in front of him and was relatively slow due to having cold tyres/whatever, and secondly the slower car which was hampering Hamilton & co's progress got out of the way somehow (pitted?) and released them back onto their usual fast pace. Result: Rosberg couldn't gain anything significant by staying out. Verdict: no naughty tactics, just bad luck.

Precisely that. Why is it some are able to see the world how it really is whilst others live in a bubble of fantasy?

I didn't say you claimed yours was rational. I claimed it wasn't.

I'll give you the respect you deserve and tell you how it is. You can't stand Alonso, fair enough. You wanted to wind a few people up. Fair enough. I do it over Jenson. I'm hardly one to judge. But that is how it is!

My posts are based on facts though, they are referenced, well researched and the opinions stated are well formed, in between I like to have my fun. Now you're ticked off because someone took a dig at Damon Hill, well he deserves it for being party to such idiocy.

My posts are based on facts though, they are referenced, well researched and the opinions stated are well formed, in between I like to have my fun. Now you're ticked off because someone took a dig at Damon Hill, well he deserves it for being party to such idiocy.

Yes. I'm p**sed at Jay's dig. The reason? There was no need for it whatsoever. He said himself there were 3 other stewards involved. Just like you or me, Damon got asked a question. He gave his opinion. Your researched fact fails to mention this.

Damon has done no wrong. I don't like his opinion myself, but I don't call him a f*cking idiot with no balls.

Damon's balls were measured 14 years ago and they were big enough then, they're big enough now.

This is the last I'll say on the matter Cav. But I'll await your response.

Damon has done no wrong.

Well, as pointed out by Pitpass, he (& the other stewards) seem to have turned a blind eye towards Rubens's throwing of the steering wheel, over which Hamilton (I think) was forced to drive. It's extremely difficult to say that Damon & co are good enough stewards.

About the name calling, I guess we are allowed to? Even if there's no objective basis? You yourself called Schumi a twat yesterday. I'm still struggling to find out why he deserved to be called so.

Why is it some are able to see the world how it really is whilst others live in a bubble of fantasy?

intelligent objectivity verses dogmatic idiocy.

plus ca change...

Well, as pointed out by Pitpass, he (& the other stewards) seem to have turned a blind eye towards Rubens's throwing of the steering wheel, over which Hamilton (I think) was forced to drive. It's extremely difficult to say that Damon & co are good enough stewards.

About the name calling, I guess we are allowed to? Even if there's no objective basis? You yourself called Schumi a twat yesterday. I'm still struggling to find out why he deserved to be called so.

I had my reasons. Objective ones too. I called Alonso a twat as well.

There's a difference in name calling and downright disrespect because a decision didn't go the way you wanted it to.

To your good self and Cav. Thats all I have to say now. We know where we stand. I'll walk away happily knowing I stand firm as I hope you can too.

This was my understanding too. It was a fast stop too and I see no foundation for any conspiracy theories. There was a lot of chat about this, Schumi passing Alonso, Jenson's fire and the amount of time it took McLaren to comment on it, etc. here last night. Nico is considerably quicker than Michael and always will be. This is MGP's main headache. If you took a consensus of opinion amongst Team Principals of who the five 'most wanted' drivers are, he'd be in there, every time. The friends I came to MC with and other former colleagues we met here, came up with this team-specific 'wish list' for the top six teams in 2010 over breakfast today:

Ferrari

Hamilton/Kubica/Webber

McLaren

Keeping Hamilton! Rosberg if we can't.

Red Bull

Kubica/Rosberg/Massa/Sutil

Renault

Mercedes

Heidfeld or anyone else wishing to become Schumacher's underpaid bitch.

Williams

Anyone under 40 who can make bad cars look good on a budget.

By the way, the other results from our breakfast jury were:

A. Michael's move on Alonso was cool and probably legal. B. McLaren should have got Button in on Lap 1 and booted him up for the distance. C. The reason it took so long for Whitmarsh to comment on the 'bung' clanger, was that they are failing two good drivers miserably and are immensely embarrassed by it. We also felt that Hami's recent, 'happy-go-lucky' attitude is semaphore for, 'why do I care, I'm leaving'.

I agree on the Damon thing. He seemed to miss Alonso overtaking a HRT I believe in the tunnel after Hulkenberg had crashed. Ironic how the only penalty Damon gave out all weekend was for his best mate, huh? :P j/k

This was my understanding too. It was a fast stop too and I see no foundation for any conspiracy theories. There was a lot of chat about this, Schumi passing Alonso, Jenson's fire and the amount of time it took McLaren to comment on it, etc. here last night. Nico is considerably quicker than Michael and always will be. This is MGP's main headache. If you took a consensus of opinion amongst Team Principals of who the five 'most wanted' drivers are, he'd be in there, every time. The friends I came to MC with and other former colleagues we met here, came up with this team-specific 'wish list' for the top six teams in 2010 over breakfast today:

Ferrari

Hamilton/Kubica/Webber

McLaren

Keeping Hamilton! Rosberg if we can't.

Red Bull

Renault

Mercedes

Heidfeld or anyone else wishing to become Schumacher's underpaid bitch.

Williams

Anyone under 40 who can make bad cars look good on a budget.

By the way, the other results from our breakfast jury were:

A. Michael's move on Alonso was cool and probably legal. B. McLaren should have got Button in on Lap 1 and booted him up for the distance. C. The reason it took so long for Whitmarsh to comment on the 'bung' clanger, was that they are failing two good drivers miserably and are immensely embarrassed by it. We also felt that Hami's recent, 'happy-go-lucky' attitude is semaphore for, 'why do I care, I'm leaving'.

Just a few things. Hamilton is probably gonna be staying with McLaren for a long time. I don't think he has any desire to move anywhere else, and seeing as McLaren is effectively "his" team, why would you want to? I believe he's already got a contract signed for McLaren next year anyway, whilst today it seems like Webber has been taken out of the market. Pretty certain to remain at Red Bull now. Good.

I had my reasons. Objective ones too. I called Alonso a twat as well.

No dissing intended, but I hope it's not a big ask of you to spell out your reasons for calling the duo twats (alright, actually, calling Schumi a twat).

I hope your reason isn't the FIA-sanctioned (in both senses of the word) overtaking move.

Well said, the truth here is that Schumi is doing a lot better and Rosberg was suupose to drive better with this short-wheelbase car but he found himself behind Schumi and loosing ground and besides that this is what he said about it

Rosberg not disappointed with new car switch

May 16 (GMM) Nico Rosberg insists he is not disappointed with the reversion to the newer long-wheelbase Mercedes car for the forthcoming Turkish grand prix.

After Michael Schumacher struggled with the original short-wheelbase car earlier in 2010, he was the team's pacesetter in Barcelona, where a longer-wheelbase was introduced along with other car developments.

But for the twisty curves of Monaco, the original car is being used once again, and Rosberg has once again been in front of his famous teammate.

But for F1's next stop in Istanbul, it has been confirmed that the newer car will be back in action.

Rosberg, however, insists it will not disadvantage him.

"Michael and I have the same driving style," he told Germany's Bild-Zeitung.

"Even if Ross Brawn wanted to make a car that only worked for Michael, it would also work for me," insisted Rosberg.

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

Exactly, so all this stuff about "Ross is favouring Michael!!!!1111" is pretty stupid. I believe even Nico used those exact words in another interview.

When the first stops happened from the top of the field, Rosberg was right behind Schumey. Schumacher pitted, so did everyone in front of him up till Vettel. Rosberg stayed and set some blistering fastest laps. Then Webber pitted and came right in front of Rosberg, thus slowing him down. If Mercedes has Rosberg's strategy right, they would have pitted him immediately to jump him past Schumacher. Instead, Rosberg was behind Webber slowing him down relative to Schumacher and then he pitted to rejoin just behind Schumacher.

I also noticed by the timings that Nico was about to overtake Michael by setting at least three laps one second faster than Michael's. But instead of pitting in three or four laps he stayed on track for many more laps killing his soft. Was that his decision of Mercedes's one? I think under tough conditions of Monaco it's hard to decide oneself without relying upon the team instructions. Poor Nico. It looks as if the team is interested in Michael's comfort and not in points. He would have been in front of Alonso as well for sure.

I also noticed by the timings that Nico was about to overtake Michael by setting at least three laps one second faster than Michael's. But instead of pitting in three or four laps he stayed on track for many more laps killing his soft. Was that his decision of Mercedes's one? I think under tough conditions of Monaco it's hard to decide oneself without relying upon the team instructions. Poor Nico. It looks as if the team is interested in Michael's comfort and not in points. He would have been in front of Alonso as well for sure.

I think you may find that the moment Webber came out in front of Nico, he was 18s ahead of Schumi and they reckoned you needs 21s or more in the pits. It's the most likely reason why they left him out, hoping that Webber would continue to be quick and Nico would jump more cars than Schumi.

I think you may find that the moment Webber came out in front of Nico, he was 18s ahead of Schumi and they reckoned you needs 21s or more in the pits. It's the most likely reason why they left him out, hoping that Webber would continue to be quick and Nico would jump more cars than Schumi.

You're right at the moment Webber came out Michael warmed up his tyres and had run three fastest laps because I think he wanted to close the gap between him and Nico without looking after his tyres... I said that they had to call Nico in three-four laps after Michael had pitted. But they didn't... and that is understood why I think.