Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Poor Nico

You're right at the moment Webber came out Michael warmed up his tyres and had run three fastest laps because I think he wanted to close the gap between him and Nico without looking after his tyres... I said that they had to call Nico in three-four laps after Michael had pitted. But they didn't... and that is understood why I think.

Yes, I understand - at no point was he far enough ahead to jump Schumi with his pit stop.

Yes, I understand - at no point was he far enough ahead to jump Schumi with his pit stop.

And what are the grounds of that statement? I hope it's not being fan of Michael:)

I'll try to avoid allegations:

And I only can prove my opinion here now if we refer to the live timing commentary (http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/829/6735/live_timing_popup.html):

Lap 19 - Mercedes ready for a stop in the pitlane.

Both their cars are still bottled up behind Barricello. (That means Nico was right behind Michael.)

Lap 20 - Michael leapfrogged Barricello on the pitstop. (During this lap Nico was going one second faster than behind Michael).

Lap 21 - Rosberg sets a new fastest lap. (I noted that Michael was one second slower. And already on this lap Nico's pitting would have made him return to the track ahead of Michael.)

(Lap 22 and 23 were done by Nico within 1:17 while Michael warmed up his tyres only on Lap 23 setting almost equivalent but still 0,1 second slower 1:17. If Nico was called after Lap 22 - he would have been more than a secons ahead of Michael.)

Lap 24 - Webber rejoins ahead of Rosberg (from now on Rosberg was going not faster than 1:18 for !!!Four!!! laps behind Webber while Michael was setting stable 1:17.

Lap 28 - Rosberg pits. (And rejoined right behind Michael or within a second.)

And with that I have the grounds to think that Mercedes restrained Nico from overtaking Michael.

Here's a good explanation by James Allen:

Sutil had nothing to lose by trying something different. He decided that his soft tyres still had life in them and opted to come in three laps later. With Liuzzi out of the way, he started going one second per lap faster, setting the fastest lap either of them had done to that point.

Even though his stop was a second slower than Liuzzi’s he had still done enough to jump him at the stop.

Sutil’s instinct was proved right, the old soft tyres did have something left to give, it was a brave decision and it paid off.

Conversely the tactic did not work for Nico Rosberg. He was trying to get ahead of his team mate Michael Schumacher, who stopped on lap 19 and Rubens Barrichello. Rosberg stayed out until lap 28, the last of the major runners to pit. He had 22 seconds over Schumacher at one point, but a couple of slow laps prevented him from getting to the magic 25 second margin he needed. Unlike Sutil, the gamble did not pay off.

And what are the grounds of that statement? I hope it's not being fan of Michael:)

I'll try to avoid allegations:

And I only can prove my opinion here now if we refer to the live timing commentary (http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/829/6735/live_timing_popup.html):

Lap 19 - Mercedes ready for a stop in the pitlane.

Both their cars are still bottled up behind Barricello. (That means Nico was right behind Michael.)

Lap 20 - Michael leapfrogged Barricello on the pitstop. (During this lap Nico was going one second faster than behind Michael).

Lap 21 - Rosberg sets a new fastest lap. (I noted that Michael was one second slower. And already on this lap Nico's pitting would have made him return to the track ahead of Michael.)

(Lap 22 and 23 were done by Nico within 1:17 while Michael warmed up his tyres only on Lap 23 setting almost equivalent but still 0,1 second slower 1:17. If Nico was called after Lap 22 - he would have been more than a secons ahead of Michael.)

Lap 24 - Webber rejoins ahead of Rosberg (from now on Rosberg was going not faster than 1:18 for !!!Four!!! laps behind Webber while Michael was setting stable 1:17.

Lap 28 - Rosberg pits. (And rejoined right behind Michael or within a second.)

And with that I have the grounds to think that Mercedes restrained Nico from overtaking Michael.

The grounds of that statement are see the post above by Quiet One. Apparently they needed 25s, I thought it was 21 or 22, however that's irrelevant. They needed x amount of seconds to leap frog Schumi and they never attained x amount of seconds. Pretty much it in a nut shell.

And yes, I am a fan of Schumi's, but me being a fan of Schumi's doesn't allow the laws of time to be broken :lol:

And before you ask, the esteemed poster above/below, is definitely not a fan of Schumi's per se.

Here's a good explanation by James Allen:

Thank you, Sir.

Well said, the truth here is that Schumi is doing a lot better and Rosberg was suupose to drive better with this short-wheelbase car but he found himself behind Schumi and loosing ground and besides that this is what he said about it

Rosberg not disappointed with new car switch

May 16 (GMM) Nico Rosberg insists he is not disappointed with the reversion to the newer long-wheelbase Mercedes car for the forthcoming Turkish grand prix.

After Michael Schumacher struggled with the original short-wheelbase car earlier in 2010, he was the team's pacesetter in Barcelona, where a longer-wheelbase was introduced along with other car developments.

But for the twisty curves of Monaco, the original car is being used once again, and Rosberg has once again been in front of his famous teammate.

But for F1's next stop in Istanbul, it has been confirmed that the newer car will be back in action.

Rosberg, however, insists it will not disadvantage him.

"Michael and I have the same driving style," he told Germany's Bild-Zeitung.

"Even if Ross Brawn wanted to make a car that only worked for Michael, it would also work for me," insisted Rosberg.

Absurd for Nico to say he and Schumacher have the same driving style. They don't. Nico uses more front brake bias to keep the rear in line on exit and Mikey is the opposite. You can't get more different than that. Really, though, if you had to choose which driver to design a car around, who would you choose? I'd choose the man with more F1 records to his name than any other F1 driver in history. The car is being designed around Mikey. This thread is very well-titled.

Guest gforce56

In my opinion, Nico is lucky where he is now than where he was before....