Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

Eh, Bruce? You deleted my post? WTF?

Yeah I did, I know the forum is loose but you can't tell peeps to go eff themselves.

schumialonso.jpg

Those with at least half a brain, please observe the green light. The rest of you, carry on.

My point from the git-go, thanks Cav.

[quote name='pumpdoc' date='16 May 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1274030036' post='316526']
Yeah I did, I know the forum is loose but you can't tell peeps to go eff themselves.
[/quote]

Y'know if you weren't a Schumi supporter, I'd have told you eff off.

Well, tell me, can MGP protest the decision?

schumialonso.jpg

Those with at least half a brain, please observe the green light. The rest of you, carry on.

May be they are color blind...And its Damon hill...He is not going to give anything to schuey :angry:

Not a question of manners. Its called cheating.

The rule clearly states that there will be NO PASSING on a restart once the pace car goes off the track before the timing line is crossed. The green flag meant in this case, clear track ahead.

As far as I know, the rule book does not mention anything about the timing line in this context, rather a special SC line, which MS and FA had passed by that point. However, the rules also state that if the SC is still on track during last lap, it will come in before the finish line, and the cars will cross the line without passing each other. MS violated that, for which he got 20 sec. penalty now. Clearly a violation of the rule, and a deserved penalty in that sense, but if green flags are shown, in my opinion drivers should be allowed to race, no matter whether there are 50 laps remaining or just one corner.

I have to say, I'm constantly amazed by the luck Alonso has. Certainly, you make your own luck to some extent, but it seems like he is always rescued from his own mistakes by the safety car at the most convenient moment. A nice drive nevertheless, in Monaco it's hard enough to pass even the slowest cars, and passing them as early as he did was the key to his race.

schumialonso.jpg

The pic says it all. FIA guys say it's legit to race & then penalise Schumi for doing the same. WTF? Who's going to kick FIA's butt for this Janus-faced bungle?

... but if green flags are shown, in my opinion drivers should be allowed to race, no matter whether there are 50 laps remaining or just one corner.

I have to say, I'm constantly amazed by the luck Alonso has. Certainly, you make your own luck to some extent, but it seems like he is always rescued from his own mistakes by the safety car at the most convenient moment. A nice drive nevertheless, in Monaco it's hard enough to pass even the slowest cars, and passing them as early as he did was the key to his race.

Agreed about the green flags bit.

Agree more about Alonso's luck. He is just a scavenger living off the misfortunes of others. I violently hate him for his gobsmacking amounts of luck.

This will be overturned, mark my words.

Actually I doubt it, I don't think they can even appeal this. Doesn't matter terribly. Common sense would suggest that they should declare the race positions to be as at the start of the last lap, and not give a penalty due to confusing instructions from the FIA themselves - 'Safety Car in this lap signal', green lights and flags - instead of the yellow flags and 'SC' sign at Australia 2009 - see below. Then again, common sense is hard to find among FIA stewards, and this year they've done better than most years so..

85686224.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548CB6B395F5B679F4F86498F3C7B2FEA45C03F6CCE4B8D1BCBE30A760B0D811297

However, the rules also state that if the SC is still on track during last lap,

No, the rules say 'if the race finishes under the safety car'. If you are waving green flags and lights everywhere, that means the race is not finishing under the safety car.

I'm confused to read this:

The FIA said the appeal is strictly against the decision, not the penalty itself as drive-throughs cannot be appealed.

blink.gif So if the decision's overturned, the penalty still stands? Bizarre.

No that's not what the rule states. Go read the rules, or you just sound very stupid. Racing begins at the safety car line NOT at the start finish line (2010 rules).

As of the start of the 2010 season, drivers are now allowed to pass (once the Safety Car pulls in) after the Safety Car line, as opposed to in previous years when overtaking was not permitted until passing the start line.

However, as stated in article 40.13 of the sporting code, drivers must not overtake if the Safety Car has controlled the race on the final lap, despite the silver Mercedes sports car always returning to the pits to allow the winner to take the chequered flag.

Before calling people names, perhaps you should make sure of what the complete rules are ... not just the ones that suit you...

Your heart must have been close to stop working seeing Schumacher licking Alonso's arse lap after lap.

Please allow me to modify you post just this once and put it in the right perspective:

Your heart must have been close to stop working seeing Alonso licking Hamilton's arse lap after lap. :naughty:

Just as a reminder I asked for premission fisrt. :P

The guy never got close to Hamilton even went Mclaren announced to the world that he was having problem with his brakes, that was remarkable.

However, as stated in article 40.13 of the sporting code, drivers must not overtake if the Safety Car has controlled the race on the final lap, despite the silver Mercedes sports car always returning to the pits to allow the winner to take the chequered flag.

Well, if that's the rule, why were the green flags (or green light) waved? Isn't it a mistake on FIA's part?

so there was a green flag, yet you can't pass a car? i find this stupid.

Question:

1. Does the green flag means you can pass a car once u see a green flag or once you pass the green flag? U know just like the speed limit sign on the road.

2. Some rules were changed right? Now im sure MS wouldnt try to attempt to pass FA if he didnt see the green flag. So who to blame? MS or the guy holding the flag???

Well, if that's the rule, why were the green flags (or green light) waved? Isn't it a mistake on FIA's part?

Of course it is a mistake, green light it mean the same everywhere in the world, that's why there is a expression related to the green light and there was green light at the track at the moment and he pass after the SC line anyway Mercedes is going to appeal the decision, let wait and see how that goes.

Fuck you Damon Hill. You are still a loser. If you want to get back at Schumi, grow a pair & return to the track.

This from you? Joking right?

so there was a green flag, yet you can't pass a car? i find this stupid.

Question:

1. Does the green flag means you can pass a car once u see a green flag or once you pass the green flag? U know just like the speed limit sign on the road.

2. Some rules were changed right? Now im sure MS wouldnt try to attempt to pass FA if he didnt see the green flag. So who to blame? MS or the guy holding the flag???

Monaco has a light system that goes according to the track status, those lights were green at the moment of the pass, so no guy holding a flag it is to blame for this, if this was a FIArrari mistake they were suppose to void the pass not penalized him with 20 seconds, that is totally unfear but let's keep in mind that Damon Hill was a Steward in this race and he must be trying to get even after what happened with him and Schumi many years ago :naughty:

This from you? Joking right?

How could Hill not take into consideration the green light/flag? Perhaps he wasn't indulging in vendetta, but the decision just p**sed me off.

I hope everybody enjoyed the race, some hoping for a great job from Alonso starting in a promising 24th position and some others trying to jinx him. In the middle a few fans enjoying a great race because of the amazing 6th Alonso got.

Art. 40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Before calling people names, perhaps you should make sure of what the complete rules are ... not just the ones that suit you...

No it doesn't, you just made that up because you're either an idiot, or illiterate or deliberately dishonest. The rules say " If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed". BIG DIFFERENCE THERE. Yet again, if you're going to quote rules actually read them. Here they are, jsut for you, since with your limited comprehension skills, it is probably hard to do the elementary google search it takesto find them: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8687/fia.html

@Jay: laugh.gif No, no no! This is the part where Cav says "Drats!" and you do your impersonation of Muttley.

@Teddydub: Just between you and me...I disagree with you. I saw the replay and I think iut was just killer instinct from Schumi. Those kind of things make you a champion or the guy that ends up behind a Toro Rosso. He gambled. And lost. But (umlike other memorable moments from him) I don't think this was particularly a blatant attempt to bend the rules. He acted on instinct and was well played. I bet Nando would have done the same (and I guess that is why you don't like any of both contenders!)

But...hush! Don't let the other sore losers here know I told you this biggrin.gif

I still race/compete even if not in motorsports anymore and my view is that the real champions respect others and get it back from them. Not exactly what one can say about the german as even racers competing against him wish they don't leave the sport with his image (Hamilton for example but I'm sure if I look a bit i'll find others).

To me, real champions (perhaps the subject of a new thread to see how others feel) also know when not to let loose their killer instincts. Real champions have a capacity to keep a cool head under pressure even if it doesn't suit them.

I won't go into details but yes I know a little bit about the question as I have won some motorsports events (even if at a low level) and some paragliding events (that's what I do now). Fine, I'm no big champion even though I did fly at world cup level but killer instinct does not mean burnt head (in french it means a "yahoo", a guy who looses it when the pressure is on and that can't think clearly anymore).

I hope everybody enjoyed the race, some hoping for a great job from Alonso starting in a promising 24th position and some others trying to jinx him. In the middle a few fans enjoying a great race because of the amazing 6th Alonso got.

Yes the AMAZING 6th following the AMAZING mistake in qualifying, some laboured but AMAZING overtakes over cars that would finish 5 laps down if they didn't blow up on the way and AMAAAZINGLY falling asleep before the race was over, and then AMAZINGLY claiming on TV that he thought no overtaking was allowed - really Mr. Alonso, why were you trying so hard and going sideways then? AMAAAAAAAAAZING.