Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

No it doesn't, you just made that up because you're either an idiot, or illiterate or deliberately dishonest. The rules say " If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed". BIG DIFFERENCE THERE. Yet again, if you're going to quote rules actually read them. Here they are, jsut for you, since with your limited comprehension skills, it is probably hard to do the elementary google search it takesto find them: http://www.formula1....s/8687/fia.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're a funny guy. Seems authorities agree with me though.

I'm sure they should put you in charge.

You're obviously the man!

How could Hill not take into consideration the green light/flag? Perhaps he wasn't indulging in vendetta, but the decision just p**sed me off.

No. He wasn't indulging in vendetta. But how you call him a loser is beyond me! Hill had his revenge in 96. End of story.

About the decision, harder decisions have been made about smaller incidents.

It happens. Get over it. I'd say exactly the same if it was about Jenson.

Remember. I like Schumacher. And think Alonso's good. But if Sh#t happens, take your f*cking punishment like a man.

I still race/compete even if not in motorsports anymore and my view is that the real champions respect others and get it back from them. Not exactly what one can say about the german as even racers competing against him wish they don't leave the sport with his image (Hamilton for example but I'm sure if I look a bit i'll find others).

To me, real champions (perhaps the subject of a new thread to see how others feel) also know when not to let loose their killer instincts. Real champions have a capacity to keep a cool head under pressure even if it doesn't suit them.

I won't go into details but yes I know a little bit about the question as I have won some motorsports events (even if at a low level) and some paragliding events (that's what I do now). Fine, I'm no big champion even though I did fly at world cup level but killer instinct does not mean burnt head (in french it means a "yahoo", a guy who looses it when the pressure is on and that can't think clearly anymore).

Yeah, that was one exhilarating comment by Lewis nonetheless!

I respect your view very much in the sense of fair play being more important than results. We have not been introduced yet but I am one of those guys with less than half a brain, namely, a "blind" fan of Alonso. I'd say that I am a fan of him DESPITE the times his killer instinct got the best part of him, not BECAUSE of it. Having said that, I didn't see anything particularly dishonest about Schumi's behavior. The move itself was in the end deemed illegal, but the attitude was (IOMHO) not of a conscious, previously planned manoeuvre to cheat, unlike the La Rascasse incident, for example. Sometimes a boxer hits another below the belt. Sometimes it is done on purpose, sometimes is just something that happens in the heat of the battle. I think Schumi is not exactly a saint and if you read my past posts you will find that I am far from admiring Schumi's past tactics. I just don't think this was one of those situations.

...take your f*cking punishment like a man.

For a moment there, I thought this is an S & M forum.

Well, seriously, agreed, unfair punishments have been handed out earlier to others too. All the same, hope MGP's appeal makes the FIA see that they bungled up.

Yes the AMAZING 6th following the AMAZING mistake in qualifying, some laboured but AMAZING overtakes over cars that would finish 5 laps down if they didn't blow up on the way and AMAAAZINGLY falling asleep before the race was over, and then AMAZINGLY claiming on TV that he thought no overtaking was allowed - really Mr. Alonso, why were you trying so hard and going sideways then? AMAAAAAAAAAZING.

Ferrari told him on the radio not to try and overtake anybody when the SC left the track because it wasn't allowed by the rules.

The difference between you and me is I could see Alonso's mistake on Saturday while you will never be able to see the slightest positive about Alonso.

Yes the AMAZING 6th following the AMAZING mistake in qualifying, some laboured but AMAZING overtakes over cars that would finish 5 laps down if they didn't blow up on the way and AMAAAZINGLY falling asleep before the race was over, and then AMAZINGLY claiming on TV that he thought no overtaking was allowed - really Mr. Alonso, why were you trying so hard and going sideways then? AMAAAAAAAAAZING.

clap3.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're a funny guy. Seems authorities agree with me though.

I'm sure they should put you in charge.

You're obviously the man!

A complete inability to admit your own mistake. It doesn't take that much to say 'I was wrong'.

I hope everybody enjoyed the race, some hoping for a great job from Alonso starting in a promising 24th position and some others trying to jinx him. In the middle a few fans enjoying a great race because of the amazing 6th Alonso got.

Art. 40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

There is only one problem here, if the race was in SC mode the track status should be YELLOW but the track status was GREEN, meaning that the SC period was over and not even AFB(Alonso's blind fans) can find an explanation for this, just take a look at how was the Track Status when the race finished according to the F1 Live Timing.

29947_1466027407765_1145913860_1366169_3896508_n.jpg

No. He wasn't indulging in vendetta. But how you call him a loser is beyond me! Hill had his revenge in 96. End of story.

About the decision, harder decisions have been made about smaller incidents.

It happens. Get over it. I'd say exactly the same if it was about Jenson.

Remember. I like Schumacher. And think Alonso's good. But if Sh#t happens, take your f*cking punishment like a man.

I know you think Damon Hill is a great decent honourable man, being British and all that, but the fact is right now he was part of a panel that made a very stupid decision. Whether he did it out of spite or incompetence I don't know.

:lol: Another great question from you Cav let's wait for that answer.

Ferrari told him on the radio not to try and overtake anybody when the SC left the track because it wasn't allowed by the rules.

The difference between you and me is I could see Alonso's mistake on Saturday while you will never be able to see the slightest positive about Alonso.

Alonso is possibly the fourth or fifth best driver on the grid after Kubeetza, Button, Vettel and possibly Hamilton. There, the problem is with your exalted view of his highness, you will never take that as a positive comment, anything that doesn't elevate him above us mere mortals is unfair criticism of Alonso. He drove a decent race until he made a crucial error at the end. That's the best I can say about him today I am afraid. Oh and there was one good pit call, I have no idea who deserves credit for it.

If Alonso was told not to overtake, what was he doing losing control of his car and going sideways? Does he plead incompetence?

Wow, Tommy, FIA's official site says "Schumi cheekily...legally"? 'Cheekily'? Didn't know the FIA was allowed to have leeway with adjectives!

Two things are clear here:

1) The track was green and Schumi made a fear pass.

2) Damon Hill was in revenge mode and he is punishing Michael.

Yeah, that was one exhilarating comment by Lewis nonetheless!

I respect your view very much in the sense of fair play being more important than results. We have not been introduced yet but I am one of those guys with less than half a brain, namely, a "blind" fan of Alonso. I'd say that I am a fan of him DESPITE the times his killer instinct got the best part of him, not BECAUSE of it. Having said that, I didn't see anything particularly dishonest about Schumi's behavior. The move itself was in the end deemed illegal, but the attitude was (IOMHO) not of a conscious, previously planned manoeuvre to cheat, unlike the La Rascasse incident, for example. Sometimes a boxer hits another below the belt. Sometimes it is done on purpose, sometimes is just something that happens in the heat of the battle. I think Schumi is not exactly a saint and if you read my past posts you will find that I am far from admiring Schumi's past tactics. I just don't think this was one of those situations.

Agreed.

It wasn't intentional to bend the rules.

Just so you know, I'm a fanatic of competition in general, not necessarilly of the actors although they have all my respect for doing their sport. True that for these lacking values in the german, I don't think much of him even though his record is incredible. I don't really care who wins as long as the event was great and that the best man won ... fairly (which is why I can't stand soccer/football).

In todays GP that is in the end what happened.

If the german is having fun down the field, bah ... let the old guy have his fun.

There is only one problem here, if the race was in SC mode the track status should be YELLOW but the track status was GREEN, meaning that the SC period was over and not even AFB(Alonso's blind fans) can find an explanation for this, just take a look at how was the Track Status when the race finished according to the F1 Live Timing.

At least Alonso's Blind Fans can read while Alonso's Blind Haters can't.

Art. 40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Can you read any word about flags or colours?

Try Braille!!! wink.gif

Two things are clear here:

1) The track was green and Schumi made a fair pass.

2) Damon Hill was in revenge mode and he is punishing Michael.

1) Agreed.

2) Jury's still out on that? naughty.gif

Teddydub. Don't worry about Cav I doubt you will ever change his mind about anything no matter how wrong he might be. He is probably just trying to p**s you off so you can be as miserable as he is seeing his erstwhile hero demoted. Most people here have learned to take cav's posts with a ton of salt - don't let him bug you.

I will say this though Cav got it right when he titled this thread HAHAHAHAH... it is funny to see Schumi learn that it was fine to cheat when he was in the red car but not so fine to cheat in the silver car.

now to what I really think about today, as if anyone cares... I think it is a shame the lights went green when they did and yes it is confusing and stupid that it happened, and yes it is totally entertaining to see Schumi pass Nando in such an opportunistic way - was it really a cheat? - I don't know maybe he saw the green lights and just went for it - then again it is Schumi and regardless of his accomplishments there is also that evidence of his past willingness to out and out cheat, and furthermore to say he would do it again...so given that what is any good steward to think???

One more thing I think it is great that Schumi is doing what he wants to do and racing again, more power to him for doing what he loves

hahahaha! what a great move by schumacher...have to say, regardless of the niceties of the rules, if FIA puts green light on then it is racing IMHO...alonso clearly thought so too as he got sideways in desperate attempt to keep MS behind him...lets face it, we all know that alonso just got caught out but the stewards ride to his rescue again...nando also pushes the rules as far as he can e.g. his overtake by cutting the corner to the pitlane entrance on massa...but he seems to get away with it...

i hope MGP appeal this penalty as it appears stupid

btw how did damon hill seriously consider that he could be part of a decision-making process relating to MS when there is so much bad blood between them...IMHO if there is even a hint of/appearance of a conflict, the person should exclude themselves from the decision...

These safety car rules are atrocious. So they show green lights and flags, tell everyone that the safety car is coming in and that the track is clear... but that means you're not allowed to overtake?! Is there no rule that explains what a green flag means? Why exactly do they change the colour of the lights and flags if racing is not underway? Is it forbidden (implicitly, since it doesn't say) in the rules for the race director to allow racing to resume on the final lap, even if the mess has been cleared in time, and if not then how on earth can anyone tell which is happening? Isn't there a contradiction in rule 40.13 because it's impossible for a race to finish 'whilst the safety car deployed' because it pits on the last lap?

This seems like a terrible mistake by the race stewards, marshals and FIA etc. What a mess they've made of this.

(PS To those with some experience of the law, is it normal for laws and rules to be this ambiguous?)

The problem with you AFB is that you go to the extreme, Alonso drive today was less than average, he didn't pass on track a single car for the old teams only new teams and some of them let him pass, you are not able to see that so I don't think you can demand anybody to see anything.

These safety car rules are atrocious. So they show green lights and flags, tell everyone that the safety car is coming in and that the track is clear... but that means you're not allowed to overtake?! Is there no rule that explains what a green flag means? Why exactly do they change the colour of the lights and flags if racing is not underway? Is it forbidden (implicitly, since it doesn't say) in the rules for the race director to allow racing to resume on the final lap, even if the mess has been cleared in time, and if not then how on earth can anyone tell which is happening? Isn't there a contradiction in rule 40.13 because it's impossible for a race to finish 'whilst the safety car deployed' because it pits on the last lap?

This seems like a terrible mistake by the race stewards, marshals and FIA etc. What a mess they've made of this.

(PS To those with some experience of the law, is it normal for laws and rules to be this ambiguous?)

Well put, sir.

At least Alonso's Blind Fans can read while Alonso's Blind Haters can't.

Can you read any word about flags or colours?

Try Braille!!! wink.gif

Yes but it's not clear whether that rule applies in this case or not. How are we to know if the safety car is still 'deployed' if it comes in on the final lap? Maybe it's coming in because racing can resume because the mess has been cleared... or maybe it's coming in because racing can't resume and we just don't want the fans to know the race is ending under a safety car because then the sport would look silly... :P

The problem here is not the safety car rules but when the track went back to green, if the race finished under safety car it would necessarily finish under Yellow flags and that was not the case, the safety car is never on track under the green lights status after the race started, so if the track was green(which can easilly been proved) then the pass was fear, Mercedes has everything they needs to win this case, if they don't they just have to take a looks at this thread :P

Teddydub. Don't worry about Cav I doubt you will ever change his mind about anything no matter how wrong he might be.

Oh I am wrong because he made up his own wording for FIA rules? Or you just butted in to attack me because of a long held grudge? Grow up.

Damon, huh? How the hell was that a Safety Car finish? The damn thing had already pulled into the pitlane!