Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Monaco

33 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Monaco??

• Webber
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Schumi
    • Nando
    • Nico
    • Sutil
    • Liuzzi
    • Other

Webber, Kubica, Nando...ahh feels so good to vote for them! Wish Liuzzi could do better today as well but...oh, well!

Webber owned Monaco. Safety cars, boredom, his teammate...he owned it all.

Kubica, fought until the end (well, at least up until lap 70 which is as far as aI watched), Vettel will have nightmares about that big yellow scary thing on his rearview mirrors all throgh the race.

Alonso, needed a miracle and then the most complex strategy of them all. Hulk provided the miracle. But he still had to do his part to make it work. Nice work.

I would have thought not even the blindest fanboy would suggest Alonso - if anyone was fortuitous he was. The safety car saved him despite some frankly awful overtaking, Michael Schumacher overtook more cars in one lap in 2006 than he did in 15, and none of them were 6 seconds a lap slower back in 2006.

Who gets your vote(s)?? Webber & Nando get my votes!

Indeed! The one for another perfect weekend -and destroying Vettel- and Nando for reaching 6! -MSC will always be illegal for MEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Webber - head and shoulders - seems to have upped his game recently.

Kubica - brilliant to put it on the front row yesterday and excellent to keep Vettel honest all day today. outstanding.

Alonso - almost, but I'm going to hold off today - he should have been on pole and possibly won this weekend (fastest in P1 and P2, and even Massa got 4th) anything less than a podium today was an under-acheivement - he drove a great race yes, but yesterday's error meant he had to - he put himself in that position, so he doesn't quite get a DOD for me.

I would have thought not even the blindest fanboy would suggest Alonso - if anyone was fortuitous he was. The safety car saved him despite some frankly awful overtaking, Michael Schumacher overtook more cars in one lap in 2006 than he did in 15, and none of them were 6 seconds a lap slower back in 2006.

That's very telling of your thought processes, but hardly of anything else that actually happened on track. :P

Now shut up and enjoy :D

That's very telling of your thought processes, but hardly of anything else that actually happened on track. :P

Aww poor widdle Alonso fan is upset at seeeing his darling embarrassed by a 41 year old geezer :D

But seirously, all biases aside, Alonso's race, apart from the pit call was thoroughly unremarkable.

Alonso - almost, but I'm going to hold off today - he should have been on pole and possibly won this weekend (fastest in P1 and P2, and even Massa got 4th) anything less than a podium today was an under-acheivement - he drove a great race yes, but yesterday's error meant he had to - he put himself in that position, so he doesn't quite get a DOD for me.

Allow me to disagree (not about your vote, of course...but nontheless I will point out that you SHOULD have voted for Petrov!).

Yesterday's error was costly and unusual for him, but it was a split second mistake and an unlucky one as, like he said, chances were that such a crash wouldn't have totalled his car. It wasn't an awful bad judgement or an ill conceived manoeuvre or strategy. He made a mistake and Monaco did not forgive him. All in all, what he did to amend that single mistake was more than commendable.

IMHO, of course.

Webber, Nando and The Hulk ;)

It was due to Hulk accident Nando was able to pit and change the tyres in 2nd lap which allowed him to finish higher...

Allow me to disagree (not about your vote, of course...but nontheless I will point out that you SHOULD have voted for Petrov!).

Yesterday's error was costly and unusual for him, but it was a split second mistake and an unlucky one as, like he said, chances were that such a crash wouldn't have totalled his car. It wasn't an awful bad judgement or an ill conceived manoeuvre or strategy. He made a mistake and Monaco did not forgive him. All in all, what he did to amend that single mistake was more than commendable.

IMHO, of course.

Come on, surely you can see through those Alonso coloured glasses. Alonso stuffed up yesterday. Today, he overtook a few cars which would not even be in the race if we had the 107% rule. That's it. There is nothing bloody remarkable about his performance. And even if you exclude the fact taht he fell asleep at the end (I don't know why you would), he did nothing all race. It take balls to overtake at Monaco - you have to drive up against the car in front, wait for a backmarker, or the slightest mistake. The thing is the margin for error in Monaco is so small, there is a reasonable chance the guy in front will screw up. Alonso got lucky with the safety car and finished 7th. Schumacher was unlucky with the safety car in 2006, or he would have finished 3rd or better! He passed many many cars including his own teammate, and none of them were as slow as the cars Alonso passed today. I cannot see how anyone, however blinkered (well apart from maure) who could possibly call this a great drive from Alonso.

Come on, surely you can see through those Alonso coloured glasses. Alonso stuffed up yesterday. Today, he overtook a few cars which would not even be in the race if we had the 107% rule. That's it. There is nothing bloody remarkable about his performance. And even if you exclude the fact taht he fell asleep at the end (I don't know why you would), he did nothing all race. It take balls to overtake at Monaco - you have to drive up against the car in front, wait for a backmarker, or the slightest mistake. The thing is the margin for error in Monaco is so small, there is a reasonable chance the guy in front will screw up. Alonso got lucky with the safety car and finished 7th. Schumacher was unlucky with the safety car in 2006, or he would have finished 3rd or better! He passed many many cars including his own teammate, and none of them were as slow as the cars Alonso passed today. I cannot see how anyone, however blinkered (well apart from maure) who could possibly call this a great drive from Alonso.

Ohhh yes! My bad! I forgot to mention that Alonso's driving today was mostly his fault for screwing up yesterday. It was totally unremarkable in that sense, you are right and Adam pointed it out as well.

Then, something funny happens...you compare his driving against Schumi who was "unlucky" in 2006. Now...why was it that Schumi had to start from the back in 2006? MMmh...nope...I can't remember! Santander money had something to do with it, surely :D

You and I know that you will keep saying the same, and in the end, that would not change the least the fact that Alonso's driving today was remarkable, so forgive me if I just fast forward to the part where you laugh on the outside for Nando's mistakes and cry on the inside while I do the exact opposite.

*wipes a tear and sobs*

Now...about Renault and Kubica...

Schumi if just for the pass on Fred.

Webbo? you've got to be kidding me! This Monaco led from pole and won, what else is new from Monaco?

Schumi if just for the pass on Fred.

Webbo? you've got to be kidding me! This Monaco led from pole and won, what else is new from Monaco?

Ahh but there are many ways to lead from pole. In this case, he had 4 SCs to deal with and the wonderkid as well.

The way Webber managed this was not just by making no mistakes, but by strategically running blindingly fast when everybody else would have just slowed down up to the finish line. He simply crushed Vettel's hopes of even trying to catch him up. Vettel was, until then, slowly clawing up tenths and getting closer, afterwards he just was happy to settle down for second.

Like I said before, he didn't just win from pole, he owned Monaco. Winning at Monaco is relatively easy, provided you start from pole. Owning it and every other driver (mostly when he is a young talented driver) is a totally different story. A sweet victory indeed for Mark.

Webbie..not cos he won, but by the fact that he was able to make his critics (which includes me) eat the humble pie....he did lead the race from pole, but you must notice that despite the saftey car being called in so many times, he was just able to open a very good lead each time the the safter car went in...

special mention to kubi....he could have come second if only he got a good start....good one by Alonso, a good strategy helped me out..but we have seen it in past how drivers having good cars starting from Monaco able to finish in top ten helped by their strategy...its nothing special....Lewis Hamilton was no where as good as he used to be in the past few races....

Now shut up and enjoy :D

Alonso did even less than it was expected from him, he only manage to pass Di Grassy because of a mistake fo the Virgin driver, Kovy made way for him to pass and Trulli didn't put any opposition, if you call that a great performance then everyone who started the race deserve to be DOD, Alonso should have stamp his authority as a Ferrari driver and pass those new teams in great fashion but he didn't manage to do that, he was even climbing the famous Monaco bump to pass a Virigin :nono1: shame on him but as Cav said you (his fans) are all really blind and are just looking for the minimum act to highlight it as a great drive, if you are looking for great drive you should be watching Hamilton :naughty: even with his brakes problems he manage to finish ahead of Alonso, like I told you Alonso was not able to pass him not even get closer to him but anyway you think he did great even when he did less than average.

IMHO, of course.

Man, I can't beleive it, Alonso didn't do anything, he just pitted in the fisrt lap and never went back in, he just benefited from that and THAT was not based on his skill to pit in the first lap, that has nothing to do with Alonso's driving he got that position because of that pit stop, the team should be having the glory for this not Alonso.

Ohhh yes! My bad! I forgot to mention that Alonso's driving today was mostly his fault for screwing up yesterday. It was totally unremarkable in that sense, you are right and Adam pointed it out as well.

Then, something funny happens...you compare his driving against Schumi who was "unlucky" in 2006. Now...why was it that Schumi had to start from the back in 2006? MMmh...nope...I can't remember! Santander money had something to do with it, surely :D

You and I know that you will keep saying the same, and in the end, that would not change the least the fact that Alonso's driving today was remarkable, so forgive me if I just fast forward to the part where you laugh on the outside for Nando's mistakes and cry on the inside while I do the exact opposite.

*wipes a tear and sobs*

Now...about Renault and Kubica...

B) I am sure Steve Wonder can see more than you, what is the remarkable about passing a Virgin? just tell the name of a driver he pass that does not belong to a new team? I really want to hear about those remaks that make his driving remarkable. B)

Alonso did even less than it was expected from him, he only manage to pass Di Grassy because of a mistake fo the Virgin driver, Kovy made way for him to pass and Trulli didn't put any opposition, if you call that a great performance then everyone who started the race deserve to be DOD, Alonso should have stamp his authority as a Ferrari driver and pass those new teams in great fashion but he didn't manage to do that, he was even climbing the famous Monaco bump to pass a Virigin :nono1: shame on him but as Cav said you (his fans) are all really blind and are just looking for the minimum act to highlight it as a great drive, if you are looking for great drive you should be watching Hamilton :naughty: even with his brakes problems he manage to finish ahead of Alonso, like I told you Alonso was not able to pass him not even get closer to him but anyway you think he did great even when he did less than average.

Ahh, yesss...I was expecting this catchphrase of yours (and Cav's mention about "those having at least half a brain"). You "Non-Nando fanboys" love personal insults. Something us Nando fanboys are famous for!

Sound like music to my ears! :D

Nice vote for Lewis, too. The guy really was the star of the race for...ermmm...bringing the diamonds back home? That's a feat, I give him that much credit, considering that Kimi failed to do that on one occasion :lol:

I voted for Nando because I've been told he let Schumi overtake him on purpose.

Risky move only a great master can think of. clap3.gif

Ahh, yesss...I was expecting this catchphrase of yours (and Cav's mention about "those having at least half a brain"). You "Non-Nando fanboys" love personal insults. Something us Nando fanboys are famous for!

I am sorry, perhaps we are blind to not have seen the AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING drive from Fernando Alonso today as he overtook most of the grid, including his own teammate, in a red car, finshing 5th despite losing almost a whole lap to the safety car, and passing cars none of which were called virgin or lotus or homosapien racing team. Oh wait, that was Michael Schumacher in 2006.

Nice vote for Lewis, too. The guy really was the star of the race for...ermmm...bringing the diamonds back home? That's a feat, I give him that much credit, considering that Kimi failed to do that on one occasion :lol:

Yes, some joker voted for Lewis therefore Alonso is driver of the day, nice non sequitor there, would sir like to give us more examples of logical fallacies?