Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Dod Monaco

33 members have voted

1. 1. DOD Monaco??

• Webber
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Schumi
    • Nando
    • Nico
    • Sutil
    • Liuzzi
    • Other

I am sorry, perhaps we are blind to not have seen the AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING drive from Fernando Alonso today as he overtook most of the grid, including his own teammate, in a red car, finshing 5th despite losing almost a whole lap to the safety car, and passing cars none of which were called virgin or lotus or homosapien racing team. Oh wait, that was Michael Schumacher in 2006.

Yes, some joker voted for Lewis therefore Alonso is driver of the day, nice non sequitor there, would sir like to give us more examples of logical fallacies?

Sure, I just quoted at least two big ones :D

Sure, I just quoted at least two big ones :D

Your mom.

(We are done trying to have a decent debate/ discussion if I read your last post correctly, so it's appropriate to resort to juvenile insults?)

Who gives a Sh#t about what that German dude did in 2006? Didn't he end up loosing the title to that other guy you claim cannot drive? He should have stayed retired.

Webber. Easily. Kubica and Alonso get the runner up prizes.

Webber gets my vote. Flawless is always great, but around Monaco? That's something else. To think he could have won by half a minute makes it a doubly remarkable performance.

Kubica was fantastic throughout the weekend too, what a driver.

As for Alonso's race, he did well to execute the strategy but I am somewhere between Andres and Cav when it comes to judging his performance. I'll say he did pretty good but nothing too special (he made the most of what he had).

Your mom.

(We are done trying to have a decent debate/ discussion if I read your last post correctly, so it's appropriate to resort to juvenile insults?)

Sure! Should I start? Here I go: Cav. :D

(Your tricks don't work on me :P You weren't having a decent debate/discussion since the minute FP3 session ended. We are just having fun!)

Sure! Should I start? Here I go: Cav. biggrin.gif

(Your tricks don't work on me tongue.gif You weren't having a decent debate/discussion since the minute FP3 session ended. We are just having fun!)

Cav is all worried about his glaciers melting due to global warming (and Schumacher's carier melting too) so he cannot think rationally.

Kubica for me. You guys seem to forget that Renault is the 8-10 place car at best, and yet he manages to overdrive it in almost every race. And he had absolutely no business putting it on podium in 2010. That boy would have been lightyears ahead of anybody on the grid in a decent car...

Kubica for me. You guys seem to forget that Renault is the 8-10 place car at best, and yet he manages to overdrive it in almost every race. And he had absolutely no business putting it on podium in 2010. That boy would have been lightyears ahead of anybody on the grid in a decent car...

He didn't win though, did he?

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. We're not going to agree on everything.

Cav is all worried about his glaciers melting due to global warming (and Schumacher's carier melting too) so he cannot think rationally.

Sure, cavalino is a raving lunatic capable of contradicting himself within a single sentece. We've seen this many times.

True, again. Kubica is uber-deserving Massa's drive.

Ohhh yes! My bad! I forgot to mention that Alonso's driving today was mostly his fault for screwing up yesterday. It was totally unremarkable in that sense, you are right and Adam pointed it out as well.

Then, something funny happens...you compare his driving against Schumi who was "unlucky" in 2006. Now...why was it that Schumi had to start from the back in 2006? MMmh...nope...I can't remember! Santander money had something to do with it, surely :D

You and I know that you will keep saying the same, and in the end, that would not change the least the fact that Alonso's driving today was remarkable, so forgive me if I just fast forward to the part where you laugh on the outside for Nando's mistakes and cry on the inside while I do the exact opposite.

*wipes a tear and sobs*

Now...about Renault and Kubica...

Bless.

If it makes you feel any better I was very close to giving it to Alonso.

I think there are several ways he could have gained DOD for me...

i) not making the mistake yesterday and winning as a result

OR if he had still crashed yesterday...

ii) ending on the podium

iii) making it to 6th without the multiple safety cars

iv) making it up to 6th by overtaking on track rather than in the pits (apart Lotus, HRT and Virgin).

I saw his drive from last to 6th more as a result of safety cars than as a result of superlative driving. I don't blame him (overtaking at Monaco is nigh on impossible), but I also can't give him DOD for it.

Bless.

If it makes you feel any better I was very close to giving it to Alonso.

I think there are several ways he could have gained DOD for me...

i) not making the mistake yesterday and winning as a result

OR if he had still crashed yesterday...

ii) ending on the podium

iii) making it to 6th without the multiple safety cars

iv) making it up to 6th by overtaking on track rather than in the pits (apart Lotus, HRT and Virgin).

I saw his drive from last to 6th more as a result of safety cars than as a result of superlative driving. I don't blame him (overtaking at Monaco is nigh on impossible), but I also can't give him DOD for it.

Fair enough :) I was actually saying that you were right in that it was not a superlative drive from Nando. Neither it was from Webber or Kubica, btw (well, maybe it was for Kubica). But, among a fun but not specially memorable Monaco, those 3 were the pick of the litter for me.

If my replied sounded harsh, it is because I was replying to Cav, actually. He kinda likes it rough ;)

Fair enough :) I was actually saying that you were right in that it was not a superlative drive from Nando. Neither it was from Webber or Kubica, btw (well, maybe it was for Kubica). But, among a fun but not specially memorable Monaco, those 3 were the pick of the litter for me.

If my replied sounded harsh, it is because I was replying to Cav, actually. He kinda likes it rough ;)

Comon Andres - you know me well enough by now.

I know you were replying to Cav (I actually read other people's posts ;)), - I thought Cav was being slightly objectionable, so I felt like sticking my oar in and saying that although I hadn't chosen Alonso, I still thought he almost deserved it. (i.e. agreeing with you that he was in the running for a DOD vote).

Being as unbiased as I can, it was a very close call.

In reply to your above post though...

I do think that Webber and Kubica drove superbly and fully deserved DOD votes.

Kubica was in a car that should be back in 9th place - say no more.

Webber controlled the race and dealt with 4 SC's and restarts admirably. He would have trounced the field (including Vettel) by more than 20 secs without those safety cars. Great qually, great race - the win never looked in doubt.

It's Webber by a mile. Quali was outstanding and the race was probably his best yet. All those safety cars negating the substaintial gap that he had built up on each occasion. Then finally nearly getting involved in the Trulli and Chandhok wrestling match. You may start to think that someone doesn't want you to win this one. Still he kept his head and got the job done. Well done to Webber, could this be the moment in time when we will look back and say that Webber upped his game and never looked back again? I wonder.

Hello what have we here - yet another person with a grudge against me, who has nothing better to do than attack me personally. Welcome to my ignore list, you shall stay there until you hit puberty, until your IQ remains in single digits, until you grow up - no signs of any of that happening soon..

I'm not sure about 8-10th place car @ best! This ain't the 1st good result for Renault this season so I think what Renault have done is wonders to the car & I wasn't surprised to see Kubi on the podium!

True, again. Kubica is uber-deserving Massa's drive.

It seems I've caught Eric-flu recently. Over the past few races I've sarted to believe that the guy who won was DOD. Strange, huh?

Sure, Kubica did well all weekend, but your couldn't fault Webber's drive.

And how do you come to that conclusion? Simply by being a fan of a certain M.Schumacher?

EDIT: Woohoo, I'm in the 1000 post club! :king:

EDIT: Woohoo, I'm in the 1000 post club! king.gif

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!

I wish I could be part of that club!!! sad.gif

The 3,000+ post club got so boring they decided to close it for good. banana_new.gif

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!

I wish I could be part of that club!!! sad.gif

The 3,000+ post club got so boring they decided to close it for good. banana_new.gif

Haha thanks, I guess I now need to go and have a life! :P

no!

Really? Kubeetza, the way he has been driving would be comfortably leading the championship in a Ferrari. And he would have won Monaco. Comfortably.

And how do you come to that conclusion? Simply by being a fan of a certain M.Schumacher?

EDIT: Woohoo, I'm in the 1000 post club! :king:

It's quality, not quantity my dear boy...