Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Wich is your best memory of F1 ?

Hi !,

Like I wrote in some message in the forum, I have a lot of years watching F1, of course having so many memories about the races.

What about if we put our best memory of a F1 race, maybe the best race you watched, or a difficult pass, some crashes, good moments, bad moments.... anyhting is good....

So. i will start....

Its hard to find just a good one, I remember quite a lot, one of them in 1992 or 1991 in Spain, Mansell trying to pass Senna in the long pit straight of Barcelona, the Mclaren and the Williams, super fast, tyre with tyre, all the sparks....and in the end, Mansell did it ! :shock:

Again Mansell in 1990 in the Ferrari, mexico city ( ohhh I miss them ), in the parabolic curve, passing Berger (even there is the legend that he closed his eyes to take the curve !) to a 1,2 with Prost... :lol:

And when Senna died, I was playing Grandprix in my computer, my mom came and told me that Senna was dead...I just turn off everything and cried... :cry:

well...I think this is a good start...who

Anytime when schumacher has lost, crashed, or just plain screwed up....eg of all 3 can be seen last sunday :lol:

all of 1996

especially japan

Well im going more on my favourite commentry moment when , and i cant remember which driver it was , but they were just about to finish a lap when Murray Walker screams out " And so and so Turns into the last corner and wins the race here at so and so " to which Martin quietly adds , " Thats all well Murray but there are still 3 laps left in the race "

Probably one of the best commentry moments in my memory .

i loved the hakkinen move on m$ using zonta as a decoy at spa. i think it was 2000. nothing short of amazing!

seeing and hearing my first gp live at melbourne this zear was pretty nice.

i had goosebumps the first time they roared past in front of me. it was fisichellas sauber..

maybe showing my age, but Graham Hill, when the "adjustable wing" fell off during a race, no idea what year, but that was a great bit of driving.

Do you guys remember when they first tried rear wings ? sitting atop of those spindly arms and driver adjustable ?

well for me it will be when Mark Webber comes 3rd and then when hes Driving for Williams and he wins. thay will be my greast monents in racing.

JV's pole in Melbourne

Melbourne '96 race and the duel between JV and DH

Nurburgring 96 - JV's first win, holding off M$.

Estoril '96 - That move on M$ around the outside and the circumstances of his win

Melbourne '97 - JV's pole by over 2 seconds

Spain '97 - JV winning whilst everyone including his teammate couldnt keep their tyres from blistering, JV kept his tyres in good condition

Jerez '97 - This one explains itself

Hockenheim 98 - JV's podium when he challenged the two Macs

Imola 99 -JV qualifying 5th

Barcelona 99 - JV holding off M$ for the first stint, which back then was about 20 laps or so

2000 - JV's starts and consistent finishing

Spa 2000 - Mika's move on Zonta and M$

2001 - JV's podium in Spain, very lucky, but JV had his fair share of bad luck

Melbourne 02 - Webbers points

Melbourne '03 - JV 3rd in Fri quali with no track time

France '03 - see above, but JV 6th this time

Monza '03 - JV's strategy finally paying off and the car not failing.

um no reply to my input so I guess I am of the OLD brigade :D

what about the time when they had TRUE ground effects on the cars with sliding skirts etc.. I love that video documentary of " Gentleman Raise Your Skirts" was good viewing. Does anyone have a copy of that video as I sure would love to see it again ..

yea man i dont know when thay first did that i think it was just va little (and y little i mean a LOT) Before my time.

yea man i dont know when thay first did that i think it was just va little (and y little i mean a LOT) Before my time.

im with webber, way way before my time!! But i have seen footage of the golden days and the racing and cars were very very interesting!!

i have to go on with taku on this one... hakkinen's move on MS using zonta as a decoy... MS was lappin zonta on the right and mika went left and lapped zonta as well as grabbed the lead from MS..... and also i'm not sure when this was ut i thnk in 2001(dunno where).... mika won the race clear of MS but his car stopped at the last lap handing the win over MS then DC stopped and picked mika up (who sat by the side of Dc's Mclaren) and went around for a lap of honour.... tht was really touching :P (though i think they got fined for tht) ....

i have to go on with taku on this one... hakkinen's move on MS using zonta as a decoy...  MS was lappin zonta on the right and mika went left and lapped zonta as well as grabbed the lead from MS..... and also i'm not sure when this was ut i thnk in 2001(dunno where).... mika won the race clear of MS but his car stopped at the last lap handing the win over MS then DC stopped and picked mika up (who sat by the side of Dc's Mclaren) and went around for a lap of honour.... tht was really touching   :P (though i think they got fined for tht) ....

Spain

i have to go on with taku on this one... hakkinen's move on MS using zonta as a decoy...  MS was lappin zonta on the right and mika went left and lapped zonta as well as grabbed the lead from MS..... and also i'm not sure when this was ut i thnk in 2001(dunno where).... mika won the race clear of MS but his car stopped at the last lap handing the win over MS then DC stopped and picked mika up (who sat by the side of Dc's Mclaren) and went around for a lap of honour.... tht was really touching   :P (though i think they got fined for tht) ....

Spain

thanks mate.. i'll remember tht one.. spain 2001....

i have to go on with taku on this one... hakkinen's move on MS using zonta as a decoy...  MS was lappin zonta on the right and mika went left and lapped zonta as well as grabbed the lead from MS..... and also i'm not sure when this was ut i thnk in 2001(dunno where).... mika won the race clear of MS but his car stopped at the last lap handing the win over MS then DC stopped and picked mika up (who sat by the side of Dc's Mclaren) and went around for a lap of honour.... tht was really touching  :P (though i think they got fined for tht) ....

Spain

thanks mate.. i'll remember tht one.. spain 2001....

yeah I'll remember that race forever, Mika's DNF gave JV his first podium for BAR. Oh the joy, the joy!!!! Having said that, it was tough on Mika, but what can ya do??!!

My 3rd fav moment ever was about to occur on sunday until a red car became involved :cry:

My 3rd fav moment ever was about to occur on sunday until a red car became involved  :cry:

Hey Sato !, great race by Sato (the original 8) ), Maybe he needs a little bit of patience, lack of expertience I say, just time, I dont know but sooner or later this Japanese is going to give a good surprise.

Its obvious that Sato is harder with the engine and gearbox than Button is, but again, expertience and intelligence is all he needs....

greetings from mexico city....

who remember the great racing exhibition of Rene Arnoux and Gilles Villenueve in France? the first win of a Turbo engine (of course RENAULT)

I have 2 fave memories:

2000: MS winning Indy (My first F1 race)

1994: All Season (B-194 looked good)

1979 French GP - Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux banging wheels and swapping posn half a dozen times on the last lap for second place.

1982 Monaco GP - Six different drivers led the last 3 laps of the race due to rain, accidents and running out of fuel....Patrese ended up winning.

Niki Lauda winning 1984 WDC by half a point from Prost.

1992 Spanish GP - Schumacher in only his 10th GP finishes second behind Mansell in a soaking wet race. Held off the great Senna who ended up spinning out. The day the new F1 Master was born :twisted:

Brgds

Mitch