Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Football World Cup '10

Maradona failed as a coach many times; nevertheless Grondona gave him the national team to learn. We have some good players but not a balanced team. My bet is Argentina will last till quarter finals.

My bets? Spain and Brasil.

Maradona failed as a coach many times; nevertheless Grondona gave him the national team to learn. We have some good players but not a balanced team. My bet is Argentina will last till quarter finals.

My bets? Spain and Brasil.

exactly my take.

I don't think I support Argentina that much now. Y'see, fat fuck Diego has promised to run naked through the streets if Argentina win the WC (as in world cup, not the can). Lordy lord, that would be the greatest crime inflicted on mankind. Double chins, moobs that sag all the way to the knees (and which also bounce grotesquely when he runs), puffy nipples, spare tyres galore, a bush in which King Kong can hide. And these are but a few of the ghastly sights.

Each tourney I always say I'm not interested in England but I find myself cheering them with the same kind of passion I do with Liverpool. So lets hope Rio leads the team well. One hell of a responsibility.

So. I'd love England v Spain final. Would be brilliant. It's really great

All About Worldcup

Each tourney I always say I'm not interested in England but I find myself cheering them with the same kind of passion I do with Liverpool. So lets hope Rio leads the team well. One hell of a responsibility.

So. I'd love England v Spain final. Would be brilliant. It's really great

All About Worldcup

You could have saved the trouble of ctrl-c,ctrl-v by simply clicking on the Multiquote button on Kopite Girl's post & typing +1.eusa_think.gif

Will be looking out for all the Liverpool players during the WC:

Argentina: Mascherano & Maxi

Greece: Kyrgiakos

England: Glen Johnson, Carra & Gerrard

Serbia: Milan Jovanovic (will be signing for us this summer)

Holland: Kuyt & Babel

Denmark: Agger

Slovakia: Skrtel

Spain: Torres & Reina

Will be looking out for all the Liverpool players during the WC:

Argentina: Mascherano & Maxi

Greece: Kyrgiakos

England: Glen Johnson, Carra & Gerrard

Serbia: Milan Jovanovic (will be signing for us this summer)

Holland: Kuyt & Babel

Denmark: Agger

Slovakia: Skrtel

Spain: Torres & Reina

+1

What the effing hell is going on? First Ballack, then Essien, and now Drogba. Has someone put a hex on Chelsea players? Sad to see these quality players miss out on the action.

I think spain will do well, and england...nederlands as well if robben can get fit...

unfortunately, brasil i think will not be too good - the selecao of dunga is weak and people in brasil are complaining a lot about dunga's choices - although they forgot about him in europe, ronaldo has made a comeback in brasil and helped Corinthians win the Brasilian Championship, which is not easy...he also scored some awesome goals and although he is not as fast as he was, his striking on front of goal is still awesome and without equal...in brasil they hoped that he would be in the selecao as having him on the bench to bring some magic on for a goal would be great...instead, we have Fabuloso aka Fabiano, who has now gone 4 games without a goal, including a match against Zimbabwe and is simply not a world class striker...he misses a lot...

for those of you who want to compare ronaldo vs fabiano, this is a funny comparison

so v sad not to have o fenomeno on hand for brasil...and now it all depends on fabuloso of sevilla as the only real striker...

Other strikers chosen are robinho, who can be v good but also have some v bad games and is v small and gets shoved off ball. Then there is Grafite...he is unproven and not world class. There is also Neymar who is good but is v small and light like robinho...I dont understand also why Pato was left out as he plays well...

In midfield, dunga also ignored ganso in midefield who has been awesome.. also ronaldinho (gaucho) is left out...he has played quite well at milan and would like him on bench with ronaldo but again dunga left him out...we now depend on kaka in midfield and he has not been fit the whole of this season and is still not playing well...

Defence - many in brasil thought that roberto carlos would be recalled as still best left sided defender...also had revival at Corinthians but again left out...

All in all, i am depressed about this selecao and dunga is too stubborn to admit that he is wrong...in press conference he told spanish media that in brasil many want him to lose to show how wrong he is...hmm, almost true but not quite...but he takes a big risk with his selecao if he does not win the world cup and brasilians expect to win!!

labrador why do you violently want brasil to do badly? jealous of success amigo?

Ah. Brazil.

I have a few footballers in my all time top list. If you guys can remember Claudio Taffarel the amazing goalkeeper, the Denilson of the late 90's, thunderthighs Roberto Carlos, Leonardo, Emerson, and of course one of the most naturally gifted and greatest footballers to have lived, Pele. The country produces some of the best and most flamboyant football ever.

Anyone else can't stand the awful vuvuzela noise??? :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn:

Im so angry that i just send an email to FIFA thanking them for ruin the world cup. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyone else can't stand the awful vuvuzela noise??? :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn: :thbdn:

Im so angry that i just send an email to FIFA thanking them for ruin the world cup. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yeah, it's so annoying!!! Constant buzzing throughout every game!!! Grrrrr!!!! It's really horrible, I can hardly hear the commentators and I love to hear the crowds cheering for their teams but all I hear is the crappy buzzing noise. I usually like to watch every match but listening to that constant racket for 2 games a day, everyday is not exactly what I call fun. redcard.gif

The combination of England, USA, Algeria, and Slovenia makes for one miserable group. England and USA showed nothing today, in my opinion. What a lame match.

Yep.

Can't believe I stayed up to watch that. Fair play to USA - they seemed to want it more. England to finish 2nd in group and then loose to Germany (on penalties).:D

The combination of England, USA, Algeria, and Slovenia makes for one miserable group. England and USA showed nothing today, in my opinion. What a lame match.

England played with an absolute arrogance. Everybody's touting them to win, so why bother making the effort right? Though Steven Gerrards goal was class (whatever he scores is!) we were a shambles and Uncle Sam deserved the win.

Come on Spain and come on Torres!!

I know a prophet.

Typical Spanish football team.

Reading Spanish newspapers I thought we had won the final already and... PUNCH!!!!

Now they just say we're going to win against Honduras and Chile. Hardly an improvement. What about some respect for our rivals!!!

It seem Spanish players would like to tell the journos to STFU and I think some of them did it in a polite way. Too late maybe.

Seems like all the favourites are not so favourite. I'm gutted spain didn't win. SORT IT OUT EL NINO.

Seems like all the favourites are not so favourite. I'm gutted spain didn't win. SORT IT OUT EL NINO.

England - Spain for the final Steph!!

THEY LOST THEY LOST THEY LOST!!!! AHAHAHAHAH THEY LOST! SPAIN LOST! :D

I love it. Switzerland is legendary! U.S.A., Switzerland, Japan, and New Zealand FTW!

Though of the "good" teams I like the Netherlands. My heritage includes Italian, French, Austrian, Slovakian, Czech, Hungarian, Irish, and English so you'd think I'd support any of those teams...but I don't. At least it gives me options when all my favorites don't even make it out of the group round :P

To be honest, I more support players than teams. My favorites are van Nistelrooy, Messi, and Onyewu for the most part, so I'd like their teams to do well. I do like a few of the U.S. players beyond Onyewu, though, probably because they're the ones the media lets me know most about.

Just as long as the big dogs keep losing and the little guys keep winning I'm content. I suppose I just support the underdog on a match-to-match basis because I have no real hopes for the United States at this point.

THEY LOST THEY LOST THEY LOST!!!! AHAHAHAHAH THEY LOST! SPAIN LOST! biggrin.gif

Not only they lost. They lost against Switzerland and they played slowly, v-e-r-y v - e - r - y s - l - o - w - l - y. It means they aren't phisically fit and thus they won't be able to play and move the ball quick as they did in Euro2008. Really miserable and disappointed.

mf_tongue.gif

BTW, USA could do a great championship if they believe in themselves.