Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TF108ftw

Tf110 Revealed

Platypus.

Edit: or possibly proboscis.

Ugly platypus, if you ask me.

Proboscis? Not so sure but you are the gorilla here so I'd guess you would know better.

Wow, a car that has not raced and will never race from a suck-ish team. How exciting.

Wow, a car that has not raced and will never race from a suck-ish team. How exciting.

Imagine if Honda hadn't been saved and a picture of what became the BGP001 was released and someone made that remark! You never know what that car could have or would have been.

I wouldn't say it will never race, though. Not for Toyota, but you know they're showing it off for a reason. I'd theorize that reason would be to sell it to ART or another applicant. This isn't the last we've heard of the TF110 when you consider even the US F1 Type 1 found a home (with Stefan).

Yeah, well, the Brawn car did race and was successful, so it's difficult to make the comparison. Personally, as much as I am a motorsport fan, I fail to get excited about a car that has never raced and never will race by a team who never did anything of significance in the sport and then quit. I only care for the ones that ARE racing.

Nobody is going to buy this car. Firstly, it'll be way old with no testing milage. Second, it won't be even legal come 2011 anyway because of the double diffuser. Taking that out and re-organising the rear end such as engine/gearbox etc would justt be too much work and make the car uncompetitive anyway.