Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kate's Dirty Sister

Ferrari Love

It's Ferrari's 800th race this weekend! YaY.gif To celebrate and show our Ferrari love (or love to hate in some cases) I thought I would ask two Ferrari related questions:

1) What is your all time favourite Ferrari F1 car?

2) Who are your favourite Ferrari drivers?

One of my favourite Ferrari's is the first F1 car, the Ferrari 125, I love the history of it and the driving back then was completely and insanely amazing, but also because this was the first ever F1 car I saw in person :) v33233_28631_p101004.jpg

My favourite Ferrari is the F2004...that was an awesome car. It won 15 races out of 20...that is incredible. And more than that I always thought it looked gorgeous, out of all the era's the F2004 car is the most beautiful F1 Ferrari to me.

2004-ferrari-f2004-18_460x0w.jpg

Favourite drivers...there's been loads of amazing drivers for Ferrari but the ones that stand out to me are Mike Hawthorne...slightly crazy, awesomely quick and very quirky (bow tie anyone?) I've been reading a lot about him recently and he seems like a really cool guy to have known. He was incredible on track.

Niki Lauda always stands out because of that crash at Nordschleife (spelling?), I don't know how he got back into that Ferrari after his horrific crash, that guy really has balls! To almost die in a car crash and then a couple of races after get back into a car to race...it's incredible and superhuman. Not only that but he was super fast, famously at Nordschleife and went on to win the title three times.

Leaving the best till last...Mikey!! Schumacher is my favourite driver by far, he was tremendously fast, incredibly mindful of every situation. The Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher team was invincible and at times Schumacher produced what can only be described as miracles.

So what's your favourite?

Great thread chick!

I'm undecided on cars yet so I'll get back to you. But as for my favourite Ferrari drivers, i'd have to say Il Leone (Mansell), Jean Alesi, Gerhard Berger, and of course Michael.

Alesi was awesome and should have been WDC.

This is my favourite Ferrari is easilly the worst one, the F310.

Ferrari310.jpg

And as for my Ferrari driver it is a tie between Kimi and Schumi.

I'd say my favourite Ferrari car was the F2004 too, it made for a pretty dull season, but it's the only car in my lifetime that has really dominanted. Seeing as I'm a HUGE Ferrari fan, it has to be that car, although I appreciate the old style cars too. The RB6 could be the next dominant car, but that's for another time.

As for my favourite Ferrari driver. No question or doubt it my mind at all. Michael Schumacher, my favourite driver ever. Despite him no lnoger being in the red of Ferrari, I still cheer for him at Mercedes.

post-2537-127508907601_thumb.jpg

Ferrari 156

Driver - easy - Fangio! (He only had 1 year at Ferrari, but he won the WDC and was the most gifted driver to ever sit in the red car.)

The F2004 was probably my fave & best! Also, I think in 2004 they won 15 of the 18 races, not 20 right?? There has never been more than 19 races in a season!

The F2004 was probably my fave & best! Also, I think in 2004 they won 15 of the 18 races, not 20 right?? There has never been more than 19 races in a season!

Yeah, I just made that figure up completely without thinking, didn't I! :laughing: Of course you are right, sorry, next time I'll at least exaggerate in my favour, 15 out of 20 makes it look not as good!

post-2537-127508907601_thumb.jpg

Ferrari 156

Driver - easy - Fangio! (He only had 1 year at Ferrari, but he won the WDC and was the most gifted driver to ever sit in the red car.)

Agrre with the car and JMFangio!

The 312 T4 is the most horrible car in F1 history! Even worse than the Alfa 177!

Maybe so, yet that photo is simply brilliant.

As for drivers, I like Gilles. I think he probably captured the passion of Ferrari better than any other driver, which is probably why he was so revered by the Tifosi.

Then there is El Maestro, Fangio, he may not have had the most enjoyable time of his career at Ferrari, but such a great driver with such a great team cannot be overlooked.

Those two are my favourites. Lauda was brilliant too.

Best looking Ferrari F1 cars are the 246 Dino of 1958 (the 1959 Dino had too high and wide a front radiator and that spoilt a beautiful looking car). The 156 Sharknose of '61, simplicity and elegance. The 312, if you ask a child to draw and F1 car and the chances are it will look similar to the 312. Finally 640 and 641 of '89 and 90, John Barnard's best looking cars (Steve Nicholls developed the 640 into the 641) and last of the beautiful cars. The modern cars are functional and not atheistically pleasing. How the 2004 Ferrari can be placed in the bracket of beautiful F1 cars is beyond me.

As for Ferrari drivers no one has mentioned Alberto Ascari so far. The last Italian World Champion (will there ever be another one, that could be a topic for the next F1 debate). Ascari won back to back World Championships with Ferrari. Fangio of course. A mention for Peter Collins, I know that Enzo Ferrari had a special fondness for him. Tony Brooks and Mike Hawthorn. John Surtees winning in '64 with Ferrari, special. Lauda for dragging Ferrari back to the winners circle. Villenuve for adding to the legend. Prost for nearly pulling it off in 1990. Finally, Schumacher for breaking the Brithish teams stranglehold on sport and replacing it with an Italian stranglehold, briefly.

Tchau

The 312 T4 is the most horrible car in F1 history! Even worse than the Alfa 177!

How does that matter to the questions being posed?

1) What is your all time favourite Ferrari F1 car?

2) Who are your favourite Ferrari drivers?[/size]

There was nothing said about the performance level of the car, or the driver. Besides, don't insult the Alfa. You might upset the Monza Gorilla.....