Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Qualifying Observations

- The circuit's really hard on the tyre compounds they are using here, which will make for an entertaining race - Schumacher might pay for being too ambitious towards the end of qualifying, but nice to see he's not content merely by beating his teammate. And Alonso had no chance with his second flying lap, there was barely a one lap window to get a decent time in.

- The pressure's on Fernando, no question, a major error in virtually every race this season.

- Webber is uncannily quick, this is probably the best run he has had in his career, Vettel must be just scratching his head.

- Mallya must seriously be thinking of putting Chandhok in his car, he really can't do any worse than Liuzzi's doing right now. Or grab Nick Heidfeld or another decent driver.

- This is an awesome awesome circuit, the on board shots are absolutely beautiful through the sweeping turns, the elevation changes are interesting, and turn 8 is terrifying. I wish F1 10 comes out soon so I can drive around on it :D

- Massa should have done better in Q3, though he beat Alonso comfortably of course.

- Both Vettel and Button have no answer to their teammates' qualifying pace, though at least Button would still have good reason to hope that the race would be different.

- From on boards you can tell with Vettel, it's not the car, it's just that he isn't driving that well, he couldn't put a clean lap together. The same for Alonso.

Overall a fascinating qualifying session.

Yes a fascinating qualifying session and I am expecting a great race too, Hamilton was on one tenth slower than Webber but he didn't have a perfect lap so there is more speed in that car.

As for Alonso I heard on Speed that he said "I have to stop making mistakes" and it looks like he is waiting for Canada to start doing that. :P

I think I have had it with Schumacher-Brawn cheating. This is not racing. This is gutter-level tricks that somebody better wise up to. "Too ambitious?" This must be a joke. If he didn't cause a yellow on the last lap of qualy, Mikey would have end up 8th or 9th at best, and Rosberg would surely outqualify him (so would Kubica, and Petrov had a darn good chance of it). This was a very premeditated, very controlled off just before the end of Q3 and just in front of at least 3 drivers that could easily outqualify him. This is not even bending rules - it's out-right cheating. F**k him and the Brawn he rode on. It seems to me that we are heading towards another cheating scandal sometime in the future with these two in the center of it.

OK, I've had my rant. I'm sure most of you will disagree, but I know what I saw, and I know history of these two. Sorry, but any respect I would have had for them in the past is gone. And the sooner the Geriatric One retires, the better for F1.

Oh, a great performance from Petrov - let's hope he doesn't crash. Algesuari had a very exciting (if slow) lap. Alonso embarrassed himself (not a big deal, but very bad timing), Massa proved he deserves that seat, and Kobayashi brought Sauber into Q3. Good for them.

I think I have had it with Schumacher-Brawn cheating. This is not racing. This is gutter-level tricks that somebody better wise up to. "Too ambitious?" This must be a joke. If he didn't cause a yellow on the last lap of qualy, Mikey would have end up 8th or 9th at best, and Rosberg would surely outqualify him (so would Kubica, and Petrov had a darn good chance of it). This was a very premeditated, very controlled off just before the end of Q3 and just in front of at least 3 drivers that could easily outqualify him. This is not even bending rules - it's out-right cheating. F**k him and the Brawn he rode on. It seems to me that we are heading towards another cheating scandal sometime in the future with these two in the center of it.

OK, I've had my rant. I'm sure most of you will disagree, but I know what I saw, and I know history of these two. Sorry, but any respect I would have had for them in the past is gone. And the sooner the Geriatric One retires, the better for F1.

Oh, a great performance from Petrov - let's hope he doesn't crash. Algesuari had a very exciting (if slow) lap. Alonso embarrassed himself (not a big deal, but very bad timing), Massa proved he deserves that seat, and Kobayashi brought Sauber into Q3. Good for them.

I disagree with you althought that came to my mind when it happened but in the same way as you, I thought "Another incident in the last part of the qualy but this time he didn't even hit the wall and noone will complain about it like Monaco" now I see how wrong I was :P but that is the most difficult corner of the circuit and many of them had problems in that part of the track besides that this is a very good circuit where if you have the speed in can overtake so the starting position is not that important here, if Kubica is that fast to be in front of Schumi he can even jump him at the start as both fo them will start from the clean side of the track and according to Alonso those who will start in the clean side can take one or two position from those in the dirty part, so Hamilton start may not be that good but Kubica can pass Schumi even when he is starting from the clean side too but Schumi is like you said part of the Geriatric Ones :P

Agree.

@others pure crap what you said.

A lot of drivers slid at Turn 8 in the practice sessions. It's Schumi's luck that he slid off in the quali. There's no Machiavellian conspiracy here. A simple case of pushing very hard.

- The circuit's really hard on the tyre compounds they are using here, which will make for an entertaining race - Schumacher might pay for being too ambitious towards the end of qualifying, but nice to see he's not content merely by beating his teammate. And Alonso had no chance with his second flying lap, there was barely a one lap window to get a decent time in.

- The pressure's on Fernando, no question, a major error in virtually every race this season.

- Webber is uncannily quick, this is probably the best run he has had in his career, Vettel must be just scratching his head.

- Mallya must seriously be thinking of putting Chandhok in his car, he really can't do any worse than Liuzzi's doing right now. Or grab Nick Heidfeld or another decent driver.

- This is an awesome awesome circuit, the on board shots are absolutely beautiful through the sweeping turns, the elevation changes are interesting, and turn 8 is terrifying. I wish F1 10 comes out soon so I can drive around on it :D

- Massa should have done better in Q3, though he beat Alonso comfortably of course.

- Both Vettel and Button have no answer to their teammates' qualifying pace, though at least Button would still have good reason to hope that the race would be different.

- From on boards you can tell with Vettel, it's not the car, it's just that he isn't driving that well, he couldn't put a clean lap together. The same for Alonso.

I agree with most of your observations apart from the fact the JB had to abandon his final run because Schumi couldn't keep it together and he had to slow. I have a feeling this may be McLaren's race.

On the contrary, there is always an answer: http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/84006

You can't be serious? Even as someone who hated Schumi's past transgressions, what you just said is absurd. So many points against what you are saying, 1) onboard footage looks like a normal loss of control, 2) Schumi could have got yellows out anywhere on the circuit, why choose such a high speed corner? No need for the extra risk, 3) Schumi may be good, but how could he have known he wouldn't destroy his car (potentially screwing any chances of a good race and putting lots of pressure on his mechanics)? He is not so good to create a spin and then control it at that speed!

Vettel needs to turn his frustrationa and anger into a blinding drive. For the first time, I am seeing a Vettel who is getting truly fed up with mechanical woes and who is more than a little miffed that Webber is right there, even though I think Vettel could have and should have got pole.His body language in the post qualifying press conference was fascinating. He's either going to stuff it going into the first corner, in an attempt to get ahead, or we are going to see one of his finest drives ever. Either way, I think we have finally got Vettel with some fire in his belly.

You can't be serious? Even as someone who hated Schumi's past transgressions, what you just said is absurd. So many points against what you are saying, 1) onboard footage looks like a normal loss of control, 2) Schumi could have got yellows out anywhere on the circuit, why choose such a high speed corner? No need for the extra risk, 3) Schumi may be good, but how could he have known he wouldn't destroy his car (potentially screwing any chances of a good race and putting lots of pressure on his mechanics)? He is not so good to create a spin and then control it at that speed!

Oh, I'm sure he's right. In fact the whole sport, from the opening session in Baharain has been scripted and staged with Scorsese sitting in a chair from afar. I have leaked notes about what happens in the end, if anyone is interested?

Oh, I'm sure he's right. In fact the whole sport, from the opening session in Baharain has been scripted and staged with Scorsese sitting in a chair from afar. I have leaked notes about what happens in the end, if anyone is interested?

What? It's not CGI?

I reckon it would be easy to play cards against Vettel and take him to the cleaners. His face always betrays him. He looks like he's lost a tenner and found 50p.

Tchau.

Fernando, Fernando, Fernando. If you are really going to get this third title at the end of this season, you really need to kick it up a gear. It'll be interesting to see where he finishes from 12th. Surely he'll get some points though.

Alonso bristles when asked about latest 'mistake'

May 30 (GMM) Fernando Alonso bristled on Saturday when it was suggested his brake lock-up was the latest in a string of "mistakes" so far in 2010.

The Italian media had already hit out at Ferrari's Spanish driver after Monaco, when he crashed into the barriers and could not qualify his broken chassis.

Also under scrutiny have been Alonso's spin in Melbourne, the qualifying strategy disaster of Malaysia and the jump-start in China.

Corriere dello Sport's headline had rued "Alonso, the disaster", and there was more ammunition in Turkey when the 28-year-old locked his brakes during Q2 and failed to make the final segment of qualifying.

"Mistakes? I braked late to try to recover and the rear brake locked. If this is a mistake ..." he is quoted as irritably telling La Gazzetta dello Sport.

No. he doesn't know about any mistake I don't know what mistakes are you talking about, it looks like the guys in this forum don't anything know about F1 :naughty:

Ferrari car 'has not developed' - Alonso

May 30 (GMM) Ferrari's F10 car is suffering from a lack of recent development, according to Fernando Alonso.

The Spaniard failed to progress into the final Q3 segment of qualifying in Turkey, while his teammate Felipe Massa is just eighth on the grid.

Sections of the Italian media have hit out at Alonso for a sequence of driving mistakes.

But the team newcomer is quoted by Italy's La Stampa: "In China, Spain, Monaco and here (Turkey) we have not developed, while Red Bull, McLaren and Mercedes have all gone forwards."

:lol: Here is the great developer at his best pointing fingers elsewhere while he is keeping his 0.6 seconds of extra speed in his pocket but he doesn't have pocket in his driving suit, now Ferrari has not develope this is the same guy that said a race ago that he would have taken the pole tha same guy that some people said he drove a superb race, the same guy that have been saying that he and Ferrari will be the Champs at the end of the season :lol: I just don't care if we have a boring race today, I am having enough fun already.

PS: I heard that Ferrari wanted Kimi to drive this race instead fo Alonso but he is busy rallying today :naughty: