Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

2/3 Of The Season Still To Go

For me:

WDC looks like coming down to...

Webber 93

Button 88

Hamilton 84

Alonso 79

Vettel 78

...not much narrower a choice than when the season started - apart from the Mercs seem to be slipping out of contention.

I don't see Kubica, Massa or Rosberg having a realistic shot at it (currently on 66/67 points).

It's nice to have 5 drivers still fully in with a shot though. Usually we're looking at 2 perhaps 3 by this time in the season.

WCC seems more settled...

McLaren 172

Red Bull 171

...I think Button's performance will be pivotal in the WCC - if he puts in regular performances like Turkey - McLaren may well take it.

It would require slip ups from both teams to let Ferrari in on this battle.

Webber 100

Button 91

Vettel 85

Alonso 79

Hamilton 70

Redbull 165

Mclaren 160

Ferrari 125

Webber 100

Button 91

Vettel 85

Alonso 79

Hamilton 70

Redbull 165

Mclaren 160

Ferrari 125

:lol:

Urko - the numbers I wrote were their current points.

I don't know what yours are, but I like them.

:lol:

Urko - the numbers I wrote were their current points.

I don't know what yours are, but I like them.

sorry man im drunk right now..after 6 beers ( having privatee partiy i thought u were thinking end of the season...crap i need one more beer then we are off to see the movie....i think :beer22: :beer22: :beer22: :beer22:

no posting for today so i wont make myself more stuipid :cheers:

one more edit...this quote frorm me:

Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.

another edit:

i guess my numbers cant stand till end of the season right? because of the point system??

o man...i betetter stop writting now...see u tomorrow and btw Monty rules and should drive for ferrair. all you who think monty sucks are ...... i dont know what...u guys are great.

now im off..really...

Team of the season thus far: Renault. I thought they'd be hopeless again, but happy to be wrong on this one.

Worst team of the season thus far: Virgin. Too small a fuel tank? C0ckup from c0cksville.

Best driver thus far: Webber, without doubt. Had a slow start but he's really gained momentum.

Suprise of the season thus far: Renault's performances.

Disappointment of the season thus far: Red Bull. Two excellent drivers, the best car, but they seem hellbent on losing this championship.

Race of the season thus far: Tough call. Between Australia, China and now Turkey we've had some excellent ones.

Not really caring. I just want to see the pitboard sometime this season saying P1 BUT to win him the WDC.

The season has been very good, in terms of racing and excitement so far. Glad to see so many drivers in with a shout. My guess at this point is a Mclaren WCC and a Hamilton or Vettel WDC (sorry, I still think when Seb has a car which works, and a brain which works, he's better than Webber on form or not). However, Button and Webber are strong too so it could go either way. I can't see Ferrari coming back, they are poor usually in terms of development whereas Mclaren and Renault in particular are usually very strong. It also looks like Red Bull are fast at in season development too, although I doubt they will be able to match Mclaren at the end of this year.

Team of the season thus far: Renault. I thought they'd be hopeless again, but happy to be wrong on this one.

Suprise of the season thus far: Renault's performances.

Disappointment of the season thus far: Red Bull. Two excellent drivers, the best car, but they seem hellbent on losing this championship.

Agree with these 3 especially.

The disappointment of Red Bull has a silver lining though - everyone else is still in with a chance.

The season has been very good, in terms of racing and excitement so far. Glad to see so many drivers in with a shout. My guess at this point is a Mclaren WCC and a Hamilton or Vettel WDC (sorry, I still think when Seb has a car which works, and a brain which works, he's better than Webber on form or not). However, Button and Webber are strong too so it could go either way. I can't see Ferrari coming back, they are poor usually in terms of development whereas Mclaren and Renault in particular are usually very strong. It also looks like Red Bull are fast at in season development too, although I doubt they will be able to match Mclaren at the end of this year.

This was my reason for starting the thread. In amongst all the complaints and whinging we see week in week out, I thought it'd be nice to take a breather and appreciate that we have a very close season for the first time in many years. For me - that makes things far more interesting. There are many problems with F1, but I think its nice to appreciate the positives from time to time too.:)

A mess of a season. Can't say I see much in it. Sure, it is better than last as the plot is not as clear cut... but it is just a mess without sense. Webber and Button seem to have some racing craft left in them to show, which is good. Alonso is doing rather well being this his first season with Ferrari and the same goes for Kubica and Rosberg...

Still, all in all, this is a transition season after many others that were clearly fixed. I think most of us are just tired of the script and would like a change of pace, you know, some racing and the such.

Both WC are a close fight between McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull; Red Bull must win like Spain and Montecarlo because if McLaren or Ferari are close enough inexperience and the lack of true racing pedigree will arise. For Red Bull is Knock out or to be lost by unanimous decision.

A mess of a season. Can't say I see much in it. Sure, it is better than last as the plot is not as clear cut... but it is just a mess without sense. Webber and Button seem to have some racing craft left in them to show, which is good. Alonso is doing rather well being this his first season with Ferrari and the same goes for Kubica and Rosberg...

Still, all in all, this is a transition season after many others that were clearly fixed. I think most of us are just tired of the script and would like a change of pace, you know, some racing and the such.

Do we really want that though? It's the unpredictability that keeps us watching, isn't it? If we knew who was going to win, we wouldn't watch. Right now there seems like there's 5 championship contenders between the two McLarens, two Red Bulls and Alonso. I really can't call it at the moment, it's so unpredictable.

Give me F1 over scripted dreary nonsense like Eastenders any day.

Is it still on TV? Jeeezzz...

I hate scripted F1. mad.gif

I think Herr Professor has provided a sound, sensible overview. Even before the Turkish G.P. McLaren & Red Bull seemed to be destined to pull away from the pack. Ferrari and Mercedes will be around at the finish but I would be surprised to see them gaining on the leaders; Renault has been a good story of spirit and recovery.

WDC? Still a toss-up amongst Webber, Vettel, Button & Hamilton. Strange things happen during a race weekend - oh yeah, that's why they actually race - and a cool head, focus and maturity sometimes wins out over outright speed. I would think that it will remain close right up until the end.

I think I agree with you, McLaren WCC and Lewis/Vettel WDC.

It is incredibly close this season, I can't get over it! All the top teams have drivers who are quite close in talent. Did you know that if they hadn't changed the points system then only 4 points would separate the top five? That is incredibly close. I'm looking forward to a great battle for the rest of the season.

I don't like the title of this thread, it makes me feel like the season is going quickly, and I don't want the season to end.

:clap3: It looks like I wrote this one. :P

I don't like the title of this thread, it makes me feel like the season is going quickly, and I don't want the season to end.

fixed :D

A good season with reasons to stay tuned in. Any four or maybe five could be crowned champion, which keeps it relatively open. I have been impressed by Kubica, Button and Lewis. There is much I don't care about. I thought I would care more about Michael's return but it's all been a bit middle of the road. If and when he does something worthy of note, I may get fired up. Everyone seems a bit too happy with their lot. The only real story is the fight for supremacy at Red Bull, but even that will sort itself in teutonic boring corporate efficiency. How far can Bob pull Enstone up the road, I wonder? Blah. It's been alright. Shouted at the television a bit. Always a good sign. Jake Humphrey is splendid. Eddie Jordan needs to go as quick as Coulthard needs to jump into the commentary box with Martin and remove that infuriating little man Legard. I'm still feeling it. Still get that little spike of adrenalin as the official FIA logo crap comes up one minute before the lights. Love that first lap comotion. Love reading it, trying to suss it before the commentators do. Reading the form, seeing what pans out based on what we know, what we have learned. Still a lovely way to spend a sunday. Two thirds more, please.

Is it still on TV? Jeeezzz...

I hate scripted F1. mad.gif

Eastenders? Sadly yes. Wanting to make you chew your arm off through frustration for too long.

Of the younger drivers, Alguersuari and Petrov continue to show impressively during moments of any given race weekend, and I believe there is genuine potential with both. I hope that they are 'brought along' by the people around them and allowed to improve and mature.

Do we really want that though? It's the unpredictability that keeps us watching, isn't it? If we knew who was going to win, we wouldn't watch. Right now there seems like there's 5 championship contenders between the two McLarens, two Red Bulls and Alonso. I really can't call it at the moment, it's so unpredictable.

Amusing.

Didn't you watch last season when it was evident (even from preseason) who (and why) was going to win?

Do say "No, I didn't watch it"... Go on. Make me laugh.

A good season with reasons to stay tuned in. Any four or maybe five could be crowned champion, which keeps it relatively open. I have been impressed by Kubica, Button and Lewis. There is much I don't care about. I thought I would care more about Michael's return but it's all been a bit middle of the road. If and when he does something worthy of note, I may get fired up. Everyone seems a bit too happy with their lot. The only real story is the fight for supremacy at Red Bull, but even that will sort itself in teutonic boring corporate efficiency. How far can Bob pull Enstone up the road, I wonder? Blah. It's been alright. Shouted at the television a bit. Always a good sign. Jake Humphrey is splendid. Eddie Jordan needs to go as quick as Coulthard needs to jump into the commentary box with Martin and remove that infuriating little man Legard. I'm still feeling it. Still get that little spike of adrenalin as the official FIA logo crap comes up one minute before the lights. Love that first lap comotion. Love reading it, trying to suss it before the commentators do. Reading the form, seeing what pans out based on what we know, what we have learned. Still a lovely way to spend a sunday. Two thirds more, please.

You are in a good mood and it ain't because of F1... so, what ended up "drowned" in the pond?

I see maure's in a feisty mood again! We've missed you feisty maure!

Hey. Whatever works for you.

Besides, nothing has changed on my end... although, granted, unknown private matters are putting known/unknown posters on the edge of, or directly in the grips of, a nervous breakdown.

For instance, just take a look at cavalino's last stand... the only good news (meaning, good news because he remains "gone insane" in jest) is that he made a show of his "goodbyes" by parading a never-existing blacklisting followed by a handle change to "deleted account". Now, there is a drama queen for you.

Other than that, some naive goofs drooling over themselves and other unremarkable nobodies gritting their teeth for reasons unknown. It just goes to show how dull this season is... once again.

Yawning now and then on the big F1 picture... it _almost_ makes one wish Hamilton's tennis dad was back shouting up and down the paddock or that Ecclestone gave his final orders to good doggy Whiting and lead the season to a neat tuck... make Chandhok the new boy-god, I say, stealing a good billion TV audience/market and then sneak in some chinese guy for the next round of boy-godness. That should play well and be simple enough for Whiting to grok... and big cash to make. So, who's the Indian guy(s) Ecclestone's will be exchanging blowjobs with in order to get this matter resolved to "everyone's" _interest_?